By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 6 years ago

Not a new series, and probably mentioned a few times but started watching Black mirror recently and enjoy it - except the first episode which is just borderline disgusting, skip it or watch it last. Every episode is different and not tied to the others so no need to binge watch them in order

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just watched episode 1 was disturbing.

Warned you...

Don't give up, the rest is great

2 weeks later
#341 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Funny because I was watching Twilight Zone but heard Black Mirror was a newer version of it. For some reason my Netflix also started on S4 E1 which I thought was a pretty good episode. I went back to the first episode and was less than thrilled. Heard a lot of other people online had similar thoughts. I think Netflix picked up on this and has the show start off on S4 instead.

Makes sense, episode 1 is disturbing enough to scare potential viewers away from the series. Liked a lot episodes 2 and 3 of the first season though, although the series in general provides a pretty dark and disturbing view of the potential future society, including some pretty violent thoughts. But that's what I think is great about the series, best intentions and new technology can result in bad outcomes for individuals and society as a whole - still I'd skip S1/EP1

7 months later
#443 5 years ago

The Brits know how to create great TV series, recommend checking out the bodyguard (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7493974/)

1 month later
#469 5 years ago

Just watched black mirror:bandersnatch, first interactive Netflix film. Pretty weird like the series, but definitely something new and different. Is this the future of tv, don’t know but recommend watching especially if you liked black mirror. And if you haven’t seen black mirror, recommend that too except skip episode 1 of the first season (leave it last, otherwise chances are you’ll stop there, it’s quite disturbing to say the least)

5 months later
#621 4 years ago

Just started watching Good Omens, an Amazon original, and it's excellent. I've always been a fan of Brittish humor and Terry Pratchett's books, so if that's up your alley I'd think there's a strong chance you'll like Good Omens also

1 year later
#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I finished season 1 of Dark and am about to start season 2. Good show, but I feel like I need a chart to keep up.

Netflix has a helpful site for that, https://dark.netflix.io/en. Seems like they've changed it a bit, previously I was able to find all the main characters and their relationship with one another on one page but now it's more season/episode based. Still, it's supposed to be a spoiler free reference for who's who

2 months later
#907 3 years ago

Just started watching the queens gambit on Netflix, after two episodes I’m hooked. Well worth checking out

1 month later
#991 3 years ago

I watched 'Death to 2020' on netflix last night, it's not a series but rather a short mockumentary by the creators of Black Mirror. It's very politically loaded, so it may ruffle some feathers but I laughed a lot (full disclosure, I had a few bourbons before that). So if you are looking for a fun review of this awful year and don't mind jokes on political leaders, maybe worth checking out

1 year later
#1307 2 years ago

I rather enjoyed the silent sea on Netflix, another well made Korean Netflix original. Visually impressive Sci-fi, and pretty well written plot except the ending I found a bit over the top. And watch it in Korean with subtitles, can’t imagine the dubbed version can relay the emotions as well as the original language

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=Kkuoppamaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.