• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
heavy.jpg
download.jpg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

What is the heaviest pinball machine you have ever moved..

So far my vote is for Demolition Man.. HEAVY AS HE**!!!

#2 9 years ago

Revenge from Mars didn't take it apart until I got it home. I am a dumb ass!
Joe

#3 9 years ago

WOZLE and RFM w/original monitor

#4 9 years ago

Any of the P2K games. After those, any WBB (Wide body beasts) Like Haunted House, DM, STTNG.

#5 9 years ago

Genie is insane.

#6 9 years ago

Demolition man is the only one I've ever moved but it was freakin' heavy! Although I have an EM sitting on the loading dock that just got delivered to take home tonight.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Revenge From Mars didn't take it apart until I got it home. I am a dumb ass!
Joe

It's relatively common to move RFM and SWEP1 intact.

#8 9 years ago

From what I've heard, Hobbit is over 400 lbs.

#9 9 years ago

1. Wizard of Oz. 2. Genie

#11 9 years ago

Shadow's nothing to sneeze at either

#12 9 years ago

Haunted House is really heavy, but I think Revenge From Mars wins.

#13 9 years ago

Another vote for RFM. If you don't take the head off before lifting it, you may rupture a nut.

#14 9 years ago

Safe Cracker! My back was shocked at how much that little pin could weigh! STTNG is another one with awesome heft!

#15 9 years ago

Hercules?

I'm guessing lbs/cu.ft that SC is probably up there too. I know the pf is heavy and with tokens in the tubes and wings on...heavy.

#16 9 years ago

I.C.E. Flintstones.

I've moved it twice and may God have mercy on my soul.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Stupid, fat hobbit!"
download.jpgdownload.jpg

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from PNorth:

Safe Cracker! My back was shocked at how much that little pin could weigh! STTNG is another one with awesome heft!

STTNG is the reason I ask if sellers have any staircases now. I need to mentally prepare even if I have the tools.

#19 9 years ago

Every Gottlieb pin I've moved seems heavier than the last--I've moved at least one of each system at this point. They're all pretty heavy. A classic Bally/Stern machine seems light as a feather in comparison.

Baby Pacman is quite heavy. It has both the weight of a video arcade game, plus the additional weight of a playfield.

WOZ is a beast.

I have yet to move a WPC pin. I can image how heavy those things must be consider how stuffed full of components they are.

Quoted from benheck:

That's insane. Who would be able to move something like that?

#20 9 years ago

My back said TZ

My groin said safecracker

Prob Hercules

#21 9 years ago

JP was pretty heavy in comparison to many of the others I've moved, but that may be more due to the dumb ass narrow stairs I had to bring it up with multiple turns.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Genie is insane.

I forced my wife (girlfriend at the time) to help me move a Genie up 3 flights of stairs to our apartment because I didn't want to wait for a friend to get out of work and help me. We were able to do it by moving a bit at a time and resting. She still complains to this day about how heavy it was and how much her arms hurt after moving it. She refused to ever help me move any pins after that.

#24 9 years ago

Hobbit (likely)
WOZ
STTNG

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Baby Pacman is quite heavy. It has both the weight of a video arcade game, plus the additional weight of a playfield.

I will second this. It is probably not the heaviest, but it's awkward size makes it seem that much heavier. I will never own or move one again (twice was enough, with stairs).

#26 9 years ago

STTNG - still have the bruises across my legs trying to hold it up while the back legs were screwed on lol

#27 9 years ago

I'll say Banzai Run is heavy too. Not only that, but with the head folded up, it doesn't want to sit on it's butt like a normal machine. The large backbox wants to pull the game over which is always scary if you walk away. I have to keep it strapped to a dolly.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Genie is insane.

I think Black Hole is heavier and i bet HH is worse.

#29 9 years ago

Stargate...horrawfully heavy!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'll say Banzai Run is heavy too. Not only that, but with the head folded up, it doesn't want to sit on it's butt like a normal machine. The large backbox wants to pull the game over which is always scary if you walk away. I have to keep it strapped to a dolly.

I have no idea how the box that game came in stayed upright. the game needs a kick stand.

-c

#31 9 years ago

BSD is unusually heavy for a standard cabinet pin. TZ, JD and the P2Ks are monsters as well.

#32 9 years ago

Dragging my Haunted house up from the basement was as heavy as I'd want to move. MY RFM and SWE1 were heavy, but I think the Haunted House wins. Maybe just because it had to come up and the other 2 didn't have to go down.
And as far as RFM and SWE1, much easier to separate top and bottom. Just 4 bolts and a couple plugs. Too top heavy to leave together while moving.

#33 9 years ago

Since I didn't see it, I'll add it.

BK2K has a playfield and a half and is pretty freaking heavy. took 3 of us and a hand truck to get it down the stairs.

#34 9 years ago

STTNG I think is the heaviest pin I've moved... and I've moved a WOZ and DM, but man, I still shudder thinking of moving that STTNG

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

STTNG I think is the heaviest pin I've moved... and I've moved a WOZ and DM, but man, I still shudder thinking of moving that STTNG

Hmm I have moved a STTNG and I don't remember it being as bad as DM and it the same haul we moved a TZ and I didn't think it horrible either.

#36 9 years ago

Haunted House is the heaviest pin I've moved/owned. I've found certain arcades to be even more of a pain in the ass. One time the rear section of an Area 51 showcase broke my dolly. My Sega simulation Brave Firefighter was even heavier (by a lot). Pins are nothing compared to those.

#37 9 years ago

For standard size, I'm going with Gottlieb- Big Hurt. It hurt big.

#38 9 years ago

Heavy Metal Meltdown. It's right in the name.
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/heavy-metal-meltdown

#39 9 years ago

I had a third guy when I got my WOZ to make it easier. After the Demo Man move, I figured an extra pair of hands would help with WOZ, and it did. We tossed it right up the stairs.

Of course the new game room in the basement is almost ready, so all this stair crap will be a thing of the past soon. All games are light when you can just roll them into the room!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Haunted House is the heaviest pin I've moved/owned.

If Andre had trouble, then you know it is heavy.

#41 9 years ago

Mars Trek and Top Speed. Gotta love that Spanish particle board.

#42 9 years ago

Amazing Spider Man weighs a ton!

#43 9 years ago

Of the few that I've moved, Stargate was the heaviest. Twin Win as an EM was pretty darn heavy, and RFM was awkward because we were stupid and removed the playfield but not the head. After moving Stargate into the house and then later spending 30+ minutes trying to get it out when we sold it, I didn't want to ever move another pinball machine again.

#44 9 years ago

Scared myself with my Black Hole,( head folded down and strapped) got the 3rd leg on at the back of my station wagon but couldn't get enough lift to get it up and for me to move across while holding the whole game. Only took 20 mins before I decided, well I can't leave it like this I have to do it. Managed to lift it and not tip it over and without hurting my back! Wow that's a heavy game.

#45 9 years ago

Lexy Lightspeed in the welded steel prototype cabinet. That thing is insane.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Of the few that I've moved, Stargate was the heaviest.

I'd just assume RFM would be worlds heavier than Stargate. Good to know, I've always wanted a Stargate. I'll have to bring help if I ever go to get one in the future.

#47 9 years ago

Volcano is a heavy wide body...pain in the #$$ to move.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

I forced my wife (girlfriend at the time) to help me move a Genie up 3 flights of stairs to our apartment because I didn't want to wait for a friend to get out of work and help me. We were able to do it by moving a bit at a time and resting. She still complains to this day about how heavy it was and how much her arms hurt after moving it. She refused to ever help me move any pins after that.

Look at the bright side she can never say you need to get rid of them then.

#50 9 years ago

Sttng and dm are the 2 heaviest I've moved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heaviest-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.