(Topic ID: 53686)

Gorgar flipper coil upgrade, what to put in...

By nighttaco

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Someone was saying black knight coils make it rock, but what is the part number of a coil I can swap with the original to actually have some power in my flippers. The stock coils are fairly weak (I think). Unless there could be another reason for weak flippers, my tech a while back told me that it's just how they are.... Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

New flipper button and EOS switches can make a world of difference. If yours are burned and dirty looking.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Most of the time you want to keep the orig value for flippers because that is how the game was designed to be played.

But the flipper mechs are much "tighter" in latter games, so it's understandable to replace those early SS flippers with new style mechs (about 2 way down the page):

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers/page/3

1 year later
#4 9 years ago

To revive an old thread.....can I take the whole flipper assembly's off a Space Shuttle and wire them into a Gorgar? (I ask because I have a spare SS populated pf)

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

To revive an old thread.....can I take the whole flipper assembly's off a Space Shuttle and wire them into a Gorgar? (I ask because I have a spare SS populated pf)

Yes.

#6 9 years ago

Cool, Thanks! Looks like its finally time to swap my SS pf, then take these strong as hell flippers and replace the sad as hell "rebuilt" ones in my Gorgar

#7 9 years ago

One thing to note, you will not be able to use the coils from Space Shuttle as they are 50v coils, Gorgar uses 28v. You will need to go with SFL-19-400/30-750 as used in Firepower, Black Knight, etc.

#8 9 years ago

Thank you.. Will have to look through my boxes of coils.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-flipper-coil-upgrade-what-to-put-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.