(Topic ID: 321365)

Employment issues and work ethic 8-2022.

By gdonovan

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
csx_45 (resized).jpg
reliant_cecil_01 (resized).jpg
92A35543-CE72-4F6B-9093-14898D22C330 (resized).jpeg
house2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ElasticScentedAgouti-size_restricted.gif
20220905_095248 (resized).jpg
20220905_094413 (resized).jpg
20220905_111154 (resized).jpg
20220905_074639 (resized).jpg
28FCF865-9C01-461C-BBA3-DD26B47B92D5.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
Doggy MEME Theif.gif
B34ED7A8-3A80-4C9F-BCCF-54A8A6D42D9C (resized).jpeg
384743F5-135C-4008-B71A-26D857E1CDA4.gif
There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

There's plenty of places to go for those who want to live under that type of system. I don't see anybody leaving. Quite the opposite!

Have you ever looked into the requirements to actually emigrate to country that is actually well run? It takes a job and or money.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

1) The generation that afforded a mortgage, a college tuition for their kid, a nice car, and a lovely existence paying into a pension on one job, are clueless about how the real world exists now.

I was reminded of this back in the early 2000's when my dad was shocked that we couldn't replumb the entire house for $300. They really have no idea and as a consequence they also have no way of understanding what's currently going on. I feel the current generation of kids are simply rewriting the rules, they no longer feel that they have to do x, y or z. They are forging their own path, their own way, their own rules adapted to modern society and past generations simply don't get it. It will cause carnage and force mass change in the process, but as your post indicates there really isn't any other choice. The old way of living simply does not work today.

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I thought AI was going to do that.

Now thats an entity with a driven work ethic!
Scary thing about AI is something that Elon Musk said. Basically he said, think of ants and us making a freeway. When we build a freeway we will destroy ant hills for miles wiping out life without even having it register in our minds. If AI becomes truly conscious and wants to accomplish something, if we are in the way it will remove us without even thinking about it.
We will be the new ants.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Exactly, the boomers gave themselves every opportunity in the world, and ruined it for future generations and then tell them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Thats not to say that there is no opportunity, and that people shouldn't work hard or any of that, but the game was rigged in favor of the previous generations and the younger generations are now paying the price, while the older generations yell about these good for nothin kids.

My assistant is being trained by me to take over my job, he already makes 2/3 of what I make despite only being on the job 2 years. He hustles and is trainable.

There is opportunities, how many people bother to take them? This isn't an age restricted observation.

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Rhetorical flourish my friend.
Betting on winning the lottery is not a valid game plan for life.

You missed the point… there’s a large amount of ppl not getting rich but earning a decent living from streaming/social media.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

But there are younger folks that have busted their butts and succeeded. What is the cutoff in age for if you are younger than this you are screwed in life?

Sure, and people win the lottery but that's not going to work for everyone because the system just simply doesn't allow it.

There's not a magic age where you're suddenly screwed. A lot of people who identify as millennials (myself included, can't say I relate to the zoomers) have it hard and those younger have it worse, but when you're born into a rich family or just get lucky in the right ways you can always 'succeed'.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Have you ever looked into the requirements to actually emigrate to country that is actually well run? It takes a job and or money.

So you're saying "well run" countries have policies in place, and regulations to keep out undesirables? Hmm!

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

Your use of the meaningless term 'living wage' also shows your lack of insight. Here's a tip - who ever said a teacher SHOULD earn a 'living wage'? Moreover...they do earn a living wage. Just not one that will buy a new split level 4/3 and a Tahoe with nav. The arrogance.

This attitude is why we have a teacher shortage everywhere. Talk about arrogance.

We treat teachers in this country so poorly.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You missed the point… there’s a large amount of ppl not getting rich but earning a decent living from streaming/social media.

Define large.

Fame is not a gameplan for life. If it comes and you can take advantage of it great!

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So you're saying "well run" countries have policies in place, and regulations to keep out undesirables? Hmm!

Other countries that also weren’t built on premise of welcoming immigrants, other countries that aren’t the richest most powerful country in the world, and other countries that are t constantly bitching that people don’t want to do the jobs they do want to do.

But none of that matters because immigration is far more complicated and than looking down on “undesirables”.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

This attitude is why we have a teacher shortage everywhere. Talk about arrogance.

Ya. Right.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My assistant is being trained by me to take over my job, he already makes 2/3 of what I make despite only being on the job 2 years. He hustles and is trainable.
There is opportunities, how many people bother to take them? This isn't an age restricted observation.

That’s literally one opportunity out of millions of people. I know some people ready for work, can they also be assistants to take over your business? Do you have millions of opportunities available? You complain about people wanting to get rich being influencers and how rare that is, do you understand how rare it is to be able to be trained and take over a successful job/business? You may think it’s not because that’s what you do, but there aren’t that many opportunities like that.

AND there’s a decent chance this opportunity is only there for him because your son isn’t good enough. Family is generally given the first chance and things like that.

#463 1 year ago

Im a Union carpenter. I do commercial framing and drywall. if you are productive, and show up, you can make 100k a year. We work very hard, and are expected to produce. its hard dirty work. Im American obviously and willing to do the hard work which is 80% of the work. I am a minority though. the workforce that isnt management is 70% mexican or central american. They come here to work and are HUNGRY. My company is more than happy to hire them even though there is a communication barrier at most times. I find it very frustrating. I lost it one day and hunted down my boss. I asked him why they cant hire english speaking Americans. He told me I was a dying breed. The white man doesnt want to work, or is incapable of working fast and efficiently. Thats what he told me.
it broke my heart. But thats the sad reality. Americans dont want to work. Incapable of competing with no hablos.

I think the only cure to this I think is extreme financial depression.

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Other countries that also weren’t built on premise of welcoming immigrants, other countries that aren’t the richest most powerful country in the world, and other countries that are t constantly bitching that people don’t want to do the jobs they do want to do.
But none of that matters because immigration is far more complicated and than looking down on “undesirables”.

I could debate you on many of the points you make, but I'm just not going to at this time. It would get too complicated.

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I feel the current generation of kids are simply rewriting the rules, they no longer feel that they have to do x, y or z. They are forging their own path, their own way, their own rules adapted to modern society and past generations simply don't get it

Don’t you only have the right to be so bold if you’re not “forging your own path” with your hand out?

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:Exactly, the boomers gave themselves every opportunity in the world, and ruined it for future generations and then tell them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Thats not to say that there is no opportunity, and that people shouldn't work hard or any of that, but the game was rigged in favor of the previous generations and the younger generations are now paying the price, while the older generations yell about these good for nothin kids.

I'm not a boomer but damn I hate people who generalize an entire subset of people based on age, race, sex, etc.

#467 1 year ago

Enough for a roof, air conditioning, a refrigerator, low quality food, an "Obama phone", and basic cable.
Essentially, a lifestyle better than a medieval King.

#468 1 year ago

In this thread: Boomer complains about his son's lack of work ethic (while not looking in the mirror?) and generalizes his disappointment to an entire generation.

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from GregCon:

"Hard to blame the youth on how they act, what do they have to look forward to?"
That's such an erroneous view. Things have NEVER been better for youth...aside from the downsides of parasitism and the internet and the cell phone. Never in all of history have young people had it so easy - you are aware that 100 year ago you were working when you hit 14 years of age? Kids have all sorts of options and live like kings these days. TV's, electronics, fancy shoes, it goes on and on.
Your use of the meaningless term 'living wage' also shows your lack of insight. Here's a tip - who ever said a teacher SHOULD earn a 'living wage'? Moreover...they do earn a living wage. Just not one that will buy a new split level 4/3 and a Tahoe with nav. The arrogance.
And your nonsense about the planet's riches being used up is gibberish. Pure nonsense. The planet will be long after everyone here is dead, and for hundreds of years after.

Quoted from Redfive05:

teacher salary as a proxy for treatment.

using TX as example (mostly due to the quote above, but also because TX is pretty average pay wise).

The average Public School Teacher salary in Texas is $54,149 as of July 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $45,225 and $66,021. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on the city and many other factors.

For example starting wages and/or contract teachers are typically 25-33% lower. (This is true everywhere)

Cost of degree varies widely, but around $40,000-$100,000.

Yearly out of pocket for supplies, $500-$1000.

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

In this thread: Boomer complains about his son (while not looking in the mirror?) and generalizes his disappointment to an entire generation.

I don't know. I'm a relatively well of Millennial who gets frustrated with random internet strangers telling me that I'm only successful in life because of luck and circumstances... it had nothing to do with working and studying my butt off.

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Define large.
Fame is not a gameplan for life. If it comes and you can take advantage of it great!

https://www.tubefilter.com/2022/04/20/linktree-2022-creator-report-economy-statistics-link-in-bio/amp/

This study says 200million.

#472 1 year ago

I don't know. I'm a relatively well of Millennial who gets frustrated with random internet strangers telling me that I'm only successful in life because of luck and circumstances... it had nothing to do with working and studying my butt off.

I would say I'm "successful" (seems like a house of cards that could fall more often than not) and I would attribute some of that to luck and circumstances... and hard work.

But, without the hard work the luck and circumstances wouldn't have meant shit.

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Now thats an entity with a driven work ethic!
Scary thing about AI is something that Elon Musk said. Basically he said, think of ants and us making a freeway. When we build a freeway we will destroy ant hills for miles wiping out life without even having it register in our minds. If AI becomes truly conscious and wants to accomplish something, if we are in the way it will remove us without even thinking about it.
We will be the new ants.

Yeppers! I work with robots and cnc’s. I like them a lot better than humans. Humans are annoying most of the time.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Im a Union carpenter. I do commercial framing and drywall. if you are productive, and show up, you can make 100k a year. We work very hard, and are expected to produce. its hard dirty work. Im American obviously and willing to do the hard work which is 80% of the work. I am a minority though. the workforce that isnt management is 70% mexican or central american. They come here to work and are HUNGRY. My company is more than happy to hire them even though there is a communication barrier at most times. I find it very frustrating. I lost it one day and hunted down my boss. I asked him why they cant hire english speaking Americans. He told me I was a dying breed. The white man doesnt want to work, or is incapable of working fast and efficiently. Thats what he told me.
it broke my heart. But thats the sad reality. Americans dont want to work. Incapable of competing with no hablos.
I think the only cure to this I think is extreme financial depression.

Are they all making 100K as well?

#475 1 year ago

Similar here. Let's add student loan bailout to the discussion mix: I needed a ton of loans to go to college and I've since paid them off in full. I'm glad to hear of the recent $10k/$20k student loan debt relief. I see so many people that say "I paid mine off so they should too!" or "Where's my $10k since I already paid mine off?" or another boomer favorite: "My mortgage identifies as a student loan!" but I just see these as selfish, low-IQ views.

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Are they all making 100K as well?

Not the loads, they don't last long.

#477 1 year ago

Similar here. Let's add student loan bailout to the discussion mix: I needed a ton of loans to go to college and I've since paid them off in full. I'm glad to hear of the recent $10k/$20k student loan debt relief. I see so many people that say "I paid mine off so they should too!" or "Where's my $10k since I already paid mine off?" or another boomer favorite: "My mortgage identifies as a student loan!" but I just see these as selfish, low-IQ views.

I've got 4 degrees. I worked my way through school during the first one, and my Post 9-11 GI bill I got for serving 5 years in the USMC paid for the other 3. My whole issue with student loan forgiveness isn't "what about me". Its that I'm the one paying the other persons student loan... even the one who went to school to take "Native American Flute" with no prospect of ever using that degree. How many "women's studies" majors are there out there paying off a student loan for a degree whose price is hard to justify. Also, how is this going to fix the cost of tuition? Isn't this just going to make things worse?

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

That’s literally one opportunity out of millions of people. I know some people ready for work, can they also be assistants to take over your business?

We are hiring and several people have moved up.

One of aides completed training and is now a highly paid RN.

Quoted from porkcarrot:

You complain about people wanting to get rich being influencers and how rare that is, do you understand how rare it is to be able to be trained and take over a successful job/business?

You jest. The odds of you "making it big" are astronomical compared to either training up or even starting your own business.

Quoted from porkcarrot:

AND there’s a decent chance this opportunity is only there for him because your son isn’t good enough. Family is generally given the first chance and things like that.

My son had a job here in dietary, he got himself fired for calling out excessively.

#479 1 year ago

In this thread: Boomer complains about his son's lack of work ethic (while not looking in the mirror?) and generalizes his disappointment to an entire generation.

Not a boomer, care to try again?

#480 1 year ago

Once upon a time, there was a gold rush in the online video industry, but these days, wannabe prospectors have more competition than ever before. More than a third of the creators Linktree analyzed have only been making content for a year or less, and among those “beginner creators,” only 6% have made more than 10,000 from their work. 59% of them haven’t turned on monetization at all. It’s almost as if those up-and-comers could use a link-in-bio service to help them make money.

200 million are earning money doesn't mean 200 million have made it to the big time.

Only 6% made more than $10,000

59% have made nothing.

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not a boomer, care to try again?

Coulda fooled me, you sure rant like one!

#482 1 year ago

How many "women's studies" majors are there out there paying off a student loan for a degree whose price is hard to justify. Also, how is this going to fix the cost of tuition? Isn't this just going to make things worse?

We have one employee who was jumping up and down about being "bailed out".

I reminded her she had an extravagant wedding in Belize, why did she not use the money to pay off her loan?

Got the death stare for my trouble, that's different!

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I would say I'm "successful" (seems like a house of cards that could fall more often than not) and I would attribute some of that to luck and circumstances... and hard work.
But, without the hard work the luck and circumstances wouldn't have meant shit.

Yes, hard work pays off always. Might take years, but eventually it works itself out.

#484 1 year ago

Coulda fooled me, you sure rant like one!

Well I guess I fooled you.

Nope, poor ass Gen-X.

When I graduated I was given $100 and pushed out the door more or less.

Sink or swim.

#485 1 year ago

I've got 4 degrees. I worked my way through school during the first one, and my Post 9-11 GI bill I got for serving 5 years in the USMC paid for the other 3. My whole issue with student loan forgiveness isn't "what about me". Its that I'm the one paying the other persons student loan... even the one who went to school to take "Native American Flute" with no prospect of ever using that degree. How many "women's studies" majors are there out there paying off a student loan for a degree whose price is hard to justify. Also, how is this going to fix the cost of tuition? Isn't this just going to make things worse?

Dude. Taxpayers paid for THREE of your degrees! Maybe sit this one out.

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

CB69FA2A-F880-45F1-BD10-B749FE5ECAB0.gifCB69FA2A-F880-45F1-BD10-B749FE5ECAB0.gif
#487 1 year ago

Gen-z is lazier than other generations. It is quite easy to pile up anecdotal evidence of this.

Corporate greed is out of control, it is quite easy to do the math on that.

Two things can be true at once.

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

You forgot to thank him for his service.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Yes... Taxpayers paid for 3 of my degrees... as part of my compensation package for 5 years of my life. Compensation promised as a reward for giving up five years of my life. Don't feel guilty in the slightest for that one.

The military offers student loan forgiveness for service. A few of my Marines used that... You know... working for school?

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not the loads, they don't last long.

In 1970, the average wage for a construction helper/laborer was about $4.86/hr according to the Dept of Labor Statistics (https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/files/docs/publications/bls/bls_1709_1971.pdf) adjusted for inflation, not including this year, thats about $34. Does any builder actually pay laborers $34/hr plus benefits? Absolutely not. Companies love to hire immigrants because they will take the lower pay and not complain. Some call it hard work, others call it taking advantage.

#491 1 year ago

I started a part time job in 2009 out of high school and made minimum wage working IT for the school system. That lasted for 3 months after the stimulus money ran out. Then I came back a short time later and worked another 3 months unpaid for college credit.

After that program ended I then moved on to my first full time job where I worked 10 months in a temporary position. The person I was "temporarily" replacing didn't come back for medical reasons but the CEO decided to sell out to China and the in-house IT department was eliminated.

I then went a full year and a half unemployed, doing regular interviews in hopes of getting someone to hire a guy with good work ethic, ability to learn, a bachelor's degree in computer science, and a little over a year of experience in multiple IT roles.

After getting turned down by over a dozen employers I then moved on to finally get a job locally at a small shop IT contactor. I worked there for 2.5 years until the owner went completely AWOL and destroyed his business. We all left.

So THEN, I finally had enough experience to move immediately into a new role with better pay. I stayed at this other IT contractor for about 3 years then that failed on me by the owners selling the company, and the new owners taking the family aspect out and treating our department like a call center.

After that, I am now in my current position as an internal IT support engineer. Largely for me, the employment system failed multiple times. Yes I always got new opportunities and pay increases as expected as my experience grew. But employers just don't value people like they did 40 or 50 years ago. During my time at all these places, many fly by night employees came and went and when someone was terminated due to poor performance, they kept me because I was valuable to the team, at least at the time. My intent is to stick with whoever I am working for as long as possible, to try and make a stable lifetime career out of it and get some proper tenure as my forefathers did.

#492 1 year ago

My whole issue with student loan forgiveness isn't "what about me". Its that I'm the one paying the other persons student loan... even the one who went to school to take "Native American Flute" with no prospect of ever using that degree. How many "women's studies" majors are there out there paying off a student loan for a degree whose price is hard to justify. Also, how is this going to fix the cost of tuition? Isn't this just going to make things worse?

1) Nationally, 7,767 degrees awarded in area, ethnic, cultural, gender & group studies in 2019-2020 out of 2,038,041 degrees.

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d21/tables/dt21_322.10.asp

2) it doesn’t do diddly to address the cost of tuition.

3) not really going to make it worse, but certainly doesn’t solve the underlying problem either. Basically a one-off

#493 1 year ago

Yes... Taxpayers paid for 3 of my degrees... as part of my compensation package for 5 years of my life. Compensation promised as a reward for giving up five years of my life. Don't feel guilty in the slightest for that one.
The military offers student loan forgiveness for service. A few of my Marines used that... You know... working for school?

I just love the hypocrisy of military people complaining about government programs and taxpayers paying for other people when their whole livelihoods are paid by taxpayers. It’s a huge chunk of our federal budget and involves massive government waste, but somehow it doesn’t count when it applies to them.

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:1) Nationally, 7,767 degrees awarded in area, ethnic, cultural, gender & group studies in 2019-2020 out of 2,038,041 degrees.
2) it doesn’t do diddly to address the cost of tuition.
3) not really going to make it worse, but certainly doesn’t solve the underlying problem either. Basically a one-off

1) And more every year. I have no objection to anyone studying anything they want to. One of my degrees was for my own education and my own fun. My most recent degree was a History degree which (other than practicing writing) isn't going to do anything for my career. However, I do think it is a terrible idea to take out a loan for a degree you are doing for fun or for self fulfillment/growth. Doubly so if you ask/force others to pay off that loan for you.
2) Agreed
3) You say a one off, but I guarantee you there are people stopping their loan payments now hoping for more free money later. Tuition costs tend to rise to match the money available... including government grants. It just became less risky for people to pay more money for school because it might be forgiven. How will that not but encourage a raise in the price of tuition?

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

So he worked 30 yrs and only got a gold watch???? Didn't he collect a paycheck the whole time he was there. Apparently that wasn't good enough.

#496 1 year ago

One of my degrees was for my own education and my own fun. My most recent degree was a History degree which (other than practicing writing) isn't going to do anything for my career.

Now you are bragging about getting useless degrees that we had to pay for. You understand that right?

#497 1 year ago

On top of that... if I was paying for all of my own schooling I only would have gotten my bachelor's and my first master's. I got more

1) And more every year. I have no objection to anyone studying anything they want to. One of my degrees was for my own education and my own fun. My most recent degree was a History degree which (other than practicing writing) isn't going to do anything for my career. However, I do think it is a terrible idea to take out a loan for a degree you are doing for fun or for self fulfillment/growth. Doubly so if you ask/force others to pay off that loan for you.
2) Agreed
3) You say a one off, but I guarantee you there are people stopping their loan payments now hoping for more free money later. Tuition costs tend to rise to match the money available... including government grants. It just became less risky for people to pay more money for school because it might be forgiven. How will that not but encourage a raise in the price of tuition?

Yeah but the point is that those waste of space degrees are a drop in the bucket, a rounding error. You are concerned about those programs in particular and they amount to less than 1%.

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Yeah but the point is that those waste of space degrees are a drop in the bucket, a rounding error. You are concerned about those programs in particular and they amount to less than 1%.

Fair point. But how many liberal arts degrees out there are not getting used?

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Like at the mom and pop diner where the breakfast cook makes $15 an hour and the bus boy makes 8.50. Well lets make minimum wage $15. Now the bus boy makes as much as the cook, and the owners cant pay the other staff more to balance it out. So the cook says "F*&^ this why am I cooking when I can just bus tables for the same pay?" and now you have a crappy work ethic cause the cook is pissed and my goddamn eggs arent cooked right and i get burnt toast.

Although this post was half the forum thread ago by now, I feel like a major element of this argument got swept under the rug.

I remember the first talk about raising the minimum wage all the way to $15 from - gasp! - $7.15 or whatever it was. This was one of the main arguments against it, along with "businesses won't be able to stay afloat paying this much in wages" as well as arguments that the minimum-wage jobs are NOT WORTH $15/hour.

And I'm quite certain those arguments are from people still living 30 years in the past and completely out of touch with the current value of the dollar.

Minimum wage, applied to bare minimum entry level jobs, exists for a basic purpose. To ensure that an employee spending their whole day working for an employer is, at MINIMUM (not quite a pun but certainly intended), able to afford to be a functioning human being, living under a roof. And for this reason, minimum wage is supposed to increase with inflation. You know, so that your entry level job, which pays the bare minimum that you need to be a functioning human being in society, is able to fund your food and rent, regardless of the current market price that everyone is paying for a loaf of bread.

Except, that's not what happened. Those complaining that YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING $15/hr FLIPPING MY BURGERS haven't been noticing that while the normal forces of inflation have steadily brought up the dollar amounts required to live a minimal life, minimum wage stopped being updated since at least the 1990s. So for over two decades now we've been learning to associate the $7-8 minimum wage as what an entry level worker should be making. All the while, the cost of living has drifted ever higher, so that those eight dollars can no longer support a single independent person anymore. Sure, it's not a problem for those living with parents or rooming with friends, but not everyone has that luxury. Do you think that person dutifully flipping the burgers you love to eat should be spending their free time living on the street, just because *most* of the other minimum wage workers have a place to stay rent-free?

The argument that "the owners cant pay the other staff more to balance it out"...? To the business, I say that's a you problem. Are you actually telling me that your waitstaff's work is so worthless to you that despite the fact that they work forty hours a week, they don't even deserve enough money to keep them out of a cardboard box under a bridge? If paying your employees the bare minimum they need to function in society is going to put your business under, then you need to rethink your business operations.

Oh, and the cook needs a raise. If the quality of his work is really 75% more valuable than your busboy, then the busboy should be making $15 (what minimum wage should have reached at this point, if not more) and the cook should be making $26. If you as an employer can't afford that, then maybe you shouldn't be promising - to borrow a saying from a certain infamous thread - a Ferrari at Kia prices.

#500 1 year ago

Fair point. But how many liberal arts degrees out there are not getting used?

Well now you are just moving goal posts.

I shall counter with a question how many of the 55,000+ “Parks, recreation, leisure, fitness, and kinesiology” degrees are being used?

There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/employment-issues-amp-work-ethic-8-2022-/page/10?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.