• Latest reply 55 minutes ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 108 votes
    14%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 81 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 274 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 267 votes
    35%

(759 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6776 (resized).png
IMG_6775 (resized).png
DSCN0780 (resized).JPG
DSCN0779 (resized).JPG
IMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
641576EB-0803-423B-8DBC-83105A851E3D.gif
IMG_6183.jpeg
IMG_6186.jpeg
JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
350261786_1590528618099089_4327790555646466687_n (resized).jpg
IMG_5265 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 92.
#3901 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Paid a bit more for mine at $7500 but we can talk somewhere between $10k - $11k lol.

Depends if you have done the 2.0 upgrade or not. Huge pain in the ass and I would never consider a WOZ without 2.0.

Where did all the Elton hype go?

#3902 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Depends if you have done the 2.0 upgrade or not. Huge pain in the ass and I would never consider a WOZ without 2.0.

Are you just waiting for your CE to arrive?Should start rolling out Platinums this week or right at the start of the new year!

#3903 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I’m very fortunate to have a location near me that purchases every JJP game, but he always gets a CE so will have to wait to sing any additional praises . I hope CE’s arrive in buyers hands quicker than previous releases.
The CE hype train definitely dies a bit after the game has been out for 6-8 months.

I’m looking forward to getting some more time on this title for sure.

#3904 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're getting one, can I come try it?
I am EJ-curious, but not at $12K.

Sure. I’ll let you know when it’s here

#3905 4 months ago

I’ve had my Woz for a decade now. No 2.0 upgrade and zero light board issues.

It came after the initial upgrade in lights by Eric Menuier

#3906 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Same here, 12/2013 build I believe. No issues. Biggest board issues were the initial run of ECLE’s

#3907 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When it dies - and it will - LMK and I will help you do the 2.0 upgrade. I've done a few of them now.

#3908 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When it dies - and it will - LMK and I will help you do the 2.0 upgrade. I've done a few of them now.

That’s awesome to offer him help. The other fun is finding a 2.0 kit. I tried to snag one about a year ago to be prepared, and they were non existent.

#3909 4 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

That’s awesome to offer him help. The other fun is finding a 2.0 kit. I tried to snag one about a year ago to be prepared, and they were non existent.

In stock at JJP now

#3910 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thx Derek!

#3911 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

In stock at JJP now

Good to know!

#3912 4 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

It's mostly selfish; I enjoy doing the project and it feels good to stabilize another WOZ for the ages.

#3913 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's mostly selfish; I enjoy doing the project and it feels good to stabilize another WOZ for the ages.

Texas Pinball is the best!
Always been jealous of you guys who live close to the TPF.Best pinball show on the planet!
We’ve been twice now and my wife and I love it.

#3914 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Texas Pinball is the best!
Always been jealous of you guys who live close to the TPF.Best pinball show on the planet!
We’ve been twice now and my wife and I love it.

I'll not be returning to Texas Covid Festival.

#3915 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Damn dude you’re bumming me out man!Did you notice my correct grammer?

#3916 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah man....the COVID was strong upon my return from TPF 23, sadly.

#3917 4 months ago

Hey Guys, i took it upon myself to make a iscored account for JJP tables and ill most likely do and add the other JJP tables. Since JJP Hasnt released their version of global highscores, i created / im creating custom graphics for the "install graphic" option that are in the settings.
Maybe you guys would like it and post your scores
Hope you guys enjoy and use it... and if any requests for different images im all ears. Thanks

https://iscored.info/jjp

i have a seperate dedicated thread for these qr codes / images

EJ-1.pngEJ-1.pngEJ2.pngEJ2.png
#3918 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn dude you’re bumming me out man!Did you notice my correct grammer?

*grammar

#3919 4 months ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Hey Guys, i took it upon myself to make a iscored account for JJP tables and ill most likely do and add the other JJP tables. Since JJP Hasnt released their version of global highscores, i created / im creating custom graphics for the "install graphic" option that are in the settings.
Maybe you guys would like it and post your scores
Hope you guys enjoy and use it... and if any requests for different images im all ears. Thanks
https://iscored.info/jjp
i have a seperate dedicated thread for these qr codes / images
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really appreciate the effort put into this. JJP should be embarrassed for removing ScoreBit without a viable replacement and then seeing someone in the community come up with a replacement.

#3920 4 months ago

Dammit Derek!!lol

#3921 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really appreciate the effort put into this. JJP should be embarrassed for removing ScoreBit without a viable replacement and then seeing someone in the community come up with a replacement.

IMG_9360 (resized).pngIMG_9360 (resized).png
Shame Shame Shame

#3922 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dammit Derek!!lol

*Damn it

#3923 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

[quoted image]
Shame Shame Shame

If you think that's bad here's JJP's response to someone asking about a GNR code update...just wow. Stuff like this sure makes me excited to drop another $12k+ on one of their products...

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
200w (1).gif200w (1).gif

#3924 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you think that's bad here's JJP's response to someone asking about a GNR code update...just wow. Stuff like this sure makes me excited to drop another $12k+ on one of their products...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Who actually posted this?I just thought that they were trying to keep us guessing?I wish they would just be honest and make an announcement one way or another

#3925 4 months ago
Craig Ferguson (resized).jpegCraig Ferguson (resized).jpeg
#3927 4 months ago

What kind of scores have you chaps been getting? My highest thus far, is a bit under 1.7 billion and got to the final tour.

#3928 4 months ago

Nice score! I didn’t know these are already shipping! Thoughts on the game so far??

#3929 4 months ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

Nice score! I didn’t know these are already shipping! Thoughts on the game so far??

Thanks! Retro Arcade in Sharon PA got theirs, last week. I've been in pretty much every day to play it. Overall, JJP's best game. By far, their best shooting pin.

#3930 4 months ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Overall, JJP's best game. By far, their best shooting pin

Of course it is their best shooting pin with Steve's signature layout. It is a proven layout that has great flow and has been done multiple times. Elton John is Star Trek with fancy upside down rainbow lights and Elton John music playing in background. Do you like Star Trek layout and Elton John music? Do you like an over the top rainbow show? -Then this is the game for you

JJP games have been overstuffed potatoes for years with somewhat clunky layouts and now Steve comes along with his rehashed fan layout and people are now seeing what true flow is all about-classic

#3931 4 months ago

The wow factor in person is pretty high. The new sound system blows me away. I wish stern would fix there’s. Not even close.

#3932 4 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The wow factor in person is pretty high. The new sound system blows me away. I wish stern would fix there’s. Not even close.

Its funny because I thought coasterguy is the exact opposite of me in terms of collecting. You always seem to be one of the first to get a game but you are also notorious for dumping games really quick-like within weeks. I am a hoarder and can't seem to let go of games(opposite). I have always had the thought of just having a few games and exploring all the newest/latest/greatest. I wish I could go through games like Kleenex but I have the hoarder syndrome happening. How do you do it Coaster?

#3933 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

but you are also notorious for dumping games really quick-like within weeks

I give Elton 3 weeks in your lineup

#3934 4 months ago

Elton at $12k is more "value" (still expensive) then any Stern LE at $13k IMO. Factory topper, Rad Cals, superior cabinet (no sheet metal head), proper brackets (no Home Depot latches and bolts), larger main LCD, far more RGB lighting, etc. Stern's build of materials costs for their LE's is clearly much lower yet they charge $1k more (plus add another $1k - $2k+ for their toppers).

#3935 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Elton at $12k is more "value" (still expensive) then any Stern LE at $13k IMO. Factory topper, Rad Cals, superior cabinet (no sheet metal head), proper brackets (no Home Depot latches and bolts), larger main LCD, far more RGB lighting, etc. Stern's build of materials costs for their LE's is clearly much lower yet they charge $1k more (plus add another $1k - $2k+ for their toppers).

Thats true but the reality is that all of the models are overpriced right now. An Elton PE should cost more than a Stern Premium, but a Stern Premium should be $7995 or less. If you scrap the crazy Covid market I think we'd be right around $6495 Pro, $7995 Premium, and $9995 LE. JJP games should be around $9995 PE and $12,495 CE even with increased labor and parts costs. Stern can get away with selling an LE for the same price as a JJP PE because they are more "limited" and also because Stern builds more more fun games with far superior code support. I'm strictly a HUO buyer in this market unless I can get a significant discount off msrp.

#3936 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thats true but the reality is that all of the models are overpriced right now. An Elton PE should cost more than a Stern Premium, but a Stern Premium should be $7995 or less. If you scrap the crazy Covid market I think we'd be right around $6495 Pro, $7995 Premium, and $9995 LE. JJP games should be around $9995 PE and $12,495 CE even with increased labor and parts costs. Stern can get away with selling an LE for the same price as a JJP PE because they are more "limited" and also because Stern builds more more fun games with far superior code support. I'm strictly a HUO buyer in this market unless I can get a significant discount off msrp.

I’m just stirring the pot once more before the year is over lol.

#3937 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I give Elton 3 weeks in your lineup

I’m trying not to over hype as I have in the past. I do go through games fast but I have to say this game is pretty freaking amazing in all aspects. Wait to you guys hear the new sound system it is shockingly good.

#3938 4 months ago

OK.. just got the call.. game NOW on way from my distributor!

#3939 4 months ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK.. just got the call.. game NOW on way from my distributor!

Nice! I'm at the arcade right now, playing it. It's been VERY popular, here.

#3940 4 months ago

Are any CE’s going our or just PE’s?

#3941 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Its funny because I thought coasterguy is the exact opposite of me in terms of collecting. You always seem to be one of the first to get a game but you are also notorious for dumping games really quick-like within weeks. I am a hoarder and can't seem to let go of games(opposite). I have always had the thought of just having a few games and exploring all the newest/latest/greatest. I wish I could go through games like Kleenex but I have the hoarder syndrome happening. How do you do it Coaster?

I’m more of a hoarder too. Very difficult for me to sell a game.

Sometimes it just doesn’t click though for me.

Coast is the best. Actually for pinball probably the way to do it

Looking forward to EJ Coast!

Sound better? I put pinwoofers in my GNR and it sounds like an in person rock concert

#3942 4 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

Are any CE’s going our or just PE’s?

JJP punishes the CE buyer by doing them last.
It sucks as you watch all the streams/tutorials/fun people have on the lower-tier model.

I wish they would stop doing this.

#3943 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It sucks as you watch all the streams/tutorials/fun people have on the lower-tier model.

After the sh!t show QC on GNR, my wife is happy to wait for them to get all the playfield issues and assembly woes figured out.

#3944 4 months ago

Anyone know if Elton is at Silverball yet in Asbury?

#3945 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Personally I would rather have LE’s have early build issues and not the $15k CE’s. Later builds have a better chance of any issues being worked out at the factory.

#3946 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

JJP lost the narrative with their higher end buyers. Stern is working hard to do the same. Eventually people just shrug and wait, or never buy. Both companies betting newer buyers will replace the old I suppose. Interesting to see how it plays out longer term.

#3947 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

JJP lost the narrative with their higher end buyers. Stern is working hard to do the same. Eventually people just shrug and wait, or never buy. Both companies betting newer buyers will replace the old I suppose. Interesting to see how it plays out longer term.

I’m very happy with my Wonka, GNR and GF.

I will 100% be getting an EJ

Played em tonight with beers so I could be objective

Bond, AC/DC, EHOH, TBL and CCR were on the playlist tonight.

It’s ALL good. I have zero concern with JJP or Stern really.

No idea how Spooky is able to compete with those guys.

Everybody else? How is Stern not crushing the competition, ie putting them out of business, with their Goliath operation?

#3948 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s ALL good. I have zero concern with JJP or Stern really.
No idea how Spooky is able to compete with those guys.

Keep staying objective!

#3949 4 months ago

If JJP did a reskin of EJ layout for another band they’d sell a ton. The layout is so fun.
Like butter.

#3950 4 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

New sound system. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

There are 4,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/79?hl=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.