• Latest reply 44 hours ago by jazc4
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 113 votes
    15%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 81 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 273 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 268 votes
    35%

(764 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
giphy (2).gif
nike-sb-dunk-high-san-francisco (resized).jpg
20220624_203246 (resized).jpg
IMG_0250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9618 (resized).jpeg
FF (resized).JPG
FF (resized).png
IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6779 (resized).png
IMG_9595 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6776 (resized).png
IMG_6775 (resized).png
DSCN0780 (resized).JPG
DSCN0779 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 97.
#4551 46 days ago
Quoted from Herbie21:

@ Pindel I like your comments, you seem to understand what pinball is all about, you don't own any machines, is ok it's not so easy, do you have any favourate machines, have you played the EM ones? I have quoted you on your comment on the EJ, I fully agree, with Steve being back, we are moving to what is pinball all about, 'it is more fun to compete' 'It's a game of skill" not a mechanical video game, moving from level to level. Pinball is like water skiing, bungy jumping, like ******* **** **** ****, any way this even could give you some old games. JJP and SR gave this back to us wow as how pinball should be!

I have more pins than I can accurately count. I have never dipped into EM’s to avoid another rabbit hole of trying to own and master them, cool old school look for sure. I especially enjoy restoring SS pins. I have not been tempted to own a NIB bin for the past 17 years but when “Pinball wizard” from JJP was unveiled, it was a must have in the collection. Over the years, almost every person who discovers I have Pins, the first thing out of their mouth is “Oh pinball wizard”. Even if I didn’t like the game it was a must have for the guest. Obviously it did not disappoint. So now EJ is my favorite. I especially like Space shuttle, firepower, EBD, BK, HS, GILLIGAN’s Island, Creature, Grand lizard, & STTG. In most cases it’s the artwork. Drop targets are super fun in games like BK & GL.

IMG_0982 (resized).jpegIMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
#4552 46 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

35k? Look Rocketman, EJ is a fun pin but please take a deep breath or cold shower and come back to Earth.

Great comment! EJCE will put you into orbit and make you want to stay there. I may need to ditch Pindel for Rocketman!

IMG_7771 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
#4553 45 days ago
Quoted from Mfox:

This is not true. They always set out to make only 200 POTC CE when they ran them. You can see on the comparison chart that was made that only 200 numbered games were slated to be made.
Mike
[quoted image]

I kinda think he was saying they only made 200 POTC total, all 3 tiers together. Would not surprise me if that was the case. I think it was probably more than that, but maybe not much more. I kinda doubt they made all 200 CE's even, but I don't have any data to back up that claim, just a hunch.

1 week later
#4554 37 days ago

Here are a few pics of our CE where I connected 3 more lights, all slaved from original one and perfectly in sync. Lights available at Amazon for 89.00 each. Grab those and some DMX 512 cables, and pow! it looks beyond awesome!

DSCN0779 (resized).JPGDSCN0779 (resized).JPGDSCN0780 (resized).JPGDSCN0780 (resized).JPG
#4555 37 days ago

Posted in Owners thread.

Pinwoofers and 12” Klipsch sub/kit.

OMG.

When dialed in sound wise, thx to Pinwoofer crew, it’s off the charts best ever!!!!

#4556 30 days ago

<Deleted>

#4557 30 days ago

Buzz is absolutely dead here. Owners thread isn't much much better and the usual pumpers are even quiet.

Will excitement pickup next weekend after Allentown ? School is about out and families will be looking to outdoor activities and vacations. Sales can't be good and there is no reason to expect an Spring/Summer uptick.

I may be a buyer in 4 to 6 weeks especially if the used market ramps up or distributors need to unload stock at a discount.

#4558 30 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Buzz is absolutely dead here. Owners thread isn't much much better and the usual pumpers are even quiet.
Will excitement pickup next weekend after Allentown ? School is about out and families will be looking to outdoor activities and vacations. Sales can't be good and there is no reason to expect an Spring/Summer uptick.
I may be a buyer in 4 to 6 weeks especially if the used market ramps up or distributors need to unload stock at a discount.

Just had an epic game for me. Champ multiball is so damn fun. I’m hooking up my new Pinwoofer set and Klipsch sub (iceman) tomorrow. You can’t go wrong with EJ.

#4559 29 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:Just had an epic game for me. Champ multiball is so damn fun. I’m hooking up my new Pinwoofer set and Klipsch sub (iceman) tomorrow. You can’t go wrong with EJ.

When I saw Champ Multiball at TPF, that's when I texted my distro to send a deposit. Absolutely epic. But I can't seem to get to it. How did you do it?

#4560 29 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When I saw Champ Multiball at TPF, that's when I texted my distro to send a deposit. Absolutely epic. But I can't seem to get to it. How did you do it?

Play better.

#4561 29 days ago

Don't you have a dying thread to manage?

#4562 29 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't you have a dying thread to manage?

I have a lot of dying things to manage….

#4563 29 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You have to play with Elton's balls just right

#4564 29 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Im not completely sure. When I had the PE early code I had 4 milestones lit. This time 2 months later I only had 2 lit but I had two others about to be lit. I think I had 2 croc multi, and one rocketman multi ahead of it. The score was still pretty low at 224 mill or so. When I did it on the earlier code I had a much larger score. so damn fun.

#4565 29 days ago

Once all 5 encores are lit, your piano shot will start flashing, and nail it. Then Elton gives you that look. Don’t forget to turn up to minimum 40 volume

IMG_6775 (resized).pngIMG_6775 (resized).pngIMG_6776 (resized).pngIMG_6776 (resized).png
#4566 29 days ago

#4567 29 days ago

Massive multi-ball extravaganza never gets old. Light show with increasing music sucks you in every time. Better wear a headband.

IMG_9595 (resized).jpegIMG_9595 (resized).jpeg
#4568 29 days ago

I had a good time playing it at PATZ. One of the better JJP to date. Playfield layout is very similar to other Steve Ritchie games. Rocketman MB start is my favorite wire form/animation

#4569 29 days ago

Just got an error, Switch 46 Magnet Stuck Closed... Cant seem to figure it out...

#4570 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Game is an instant classic! No issues selling this pin. Many people are still waiting for orders to be delivered. Expect a huge wave of positive feedback soon

#4571 29 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Just got an error, Switch 46 Magnet Stuck Closed... Cant seem to figure it out...

Harry I had same issue. The magnet is physical wire, and I used a hook to pull on it a bit, and seemed to do the trick. See attached pics (located where red square is

IMG_6778 (resized).jpegIMG_6778 (resized).jpegIMG_6779 (resized).pngIMG_6779 (resized).png
#4572 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Game is an instant classic! No issues selling this pin. Many people are still waiting for orders to be delivered. Expect a huge wave of positive feedback soon

Do you sell cars ?

#4573 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Do you sell cars ?

The best I can tell is you like the game and want it. Unfortunately you took a loss on a previous JJP and want this one cheap. It's not a cheap game. It's an amazing game designed by a great designer who apparently had an open checkbook to make his dream design real. This could be his greatest pin and Legacy crown jewel. JJP is an amazing, forward looking company who makes quality games putting others at a far distant 2nd place. We owners are all are blown away by this game. Don't look for that to change, ever. Order one today and enjoy it. JJP may make more super great games in the future but it will not be a SR Pinball wizard masterpiece. This is the one, now and forever! Stop acting Deaf, dumb, and blind.

#4574 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

The best I can tell is you like the game and want it. Unfortunately you took a loss on a previous JJP and want this one cheap. It's not a cheap game. It's an amazing game designed by a great designer who apparently had an open checkbook to make his dream design real. This could be his greatest pin and Legacy crown jewel. JJP is an amazing, forward looking company who makes quality games putting others at a far distant 2nd place. We owners are all are blown away at this game. Don't look for that to change, ever. Order one today and enjoy it. JJP may make more super great games in the future but it will not be a SR Pinball wizard masterpiece. This is the one, now and forever! Stop acting Deaf, dumb, and blind.

Yeah...I'm certainly not concerned about eating too much money when I sell it...because it's not going to happen for a very long time. Everyone that plays it loves it.

#4575 29 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I'm certainly not concerned about eating too much money when I sell it...because it's not going to happen for a very long time. Everyone that plays it loves it.

Same here. I have a house guest currently. AT first they kept playing Godzilla and thought Elton was just okay. I let him warm up to it. Then we played 2 player and he saw me get a little further along. Then he played and I loved watching him change to "Oh, I get it now" What a show. lol

#4576 29 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Same here. I have a house guest currently. AT first they kept playing Godzilla and thought Elton was just okay. I let him warm up to it. Then we played 2 player and he saw me get a little further along. Then he played and I loved watching him change to "Oh, I get it now" What a show. lol

Anyone notice yourself on the topper lcds while playing the game?

#4577 29 days ago

I have every intention of buying a PE. Just don’t see the value in a CE. I also don’t expect the CE to sell out. If it didn’t happen at TPF or MGC or Pintastic, Allentown probably won’t move the needle and what other big show is there before a long slow summer and the next JJP release ? I may be wrong, but I will bet prices will slide.

Announce that you can swap songs and I’d be in NOW.

#4578 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I have every intention of buying a PE. Just don’t see the value in a CE. I also don’t expect the CE to sell out. If it didn’t happen at TPF or MGC or Pintastic, Allentown probably won’t move the needle and what other big show is there before a long slow summer and the next JJP release ? I may be wrong, but I will bet prices will slide.

I highly recommend the CE for the price difference involved. More bling for the buck. Every time you shoot the ball you'll ask yourself, where's the sparkles? I see some venders have the CE in stock. It will be telling to see how long they last. If they sell fast, those who want the CE better act fast.

#4579 29 days ago

There is oversupply

Quoted from Ballypin:

The prices on all machines are coming down, especially jjps with their new pricing model. You'll get the old price at minimum on the used market. Just wait and you'll get what you want. If it comes down to toy story levels, I may pick one up, even with their famous incomplete code.

#4580 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I highly recommend the CE for the price difference involved. More bling for the buck. Every time you shoot the ball you'll ask yourself, where's the sparkles? I see some venders have the CE in stock. It will be telling to see how long they last. If they sell fast, those who want the CE better act fast.

I have zero remorse for selling my PE to ge the CE

#4581 29 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is oversupply

The prices on all machines are coming down, especially jjps with their new pricing model. You'll get the old price at minimum on the used market. Just wait and you'll get what you want. If it comes down to toy story levels, I may pick one up, even with their famous incomplete code.

I'm trying to imagine who would pay 12-15k for the greatest pin ever and sell it for 9500 in less than 5 years. Do you want to wait 5 years for a discount on a pin with 3000 plays on it? If you did see them at 9500 you're not likely to get 9500 back out of it. EJ CE Deliveries are still in the infancy stage. Some with deposits have been waiting for 6 months for delivery. This is a different game than TS and TGF. Most everyone who has seen it and played it loved it. Get off the bench and enjoy it now.

#4582 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I'm trying to imagine who would pay 12-15k for the greatest pin ever and sell it for 9500 in less than 5 years. Do you want to wait 5 years for a discount on a pin with 3000 plays on it? If you did see them at 9500 you're not likely to get 9500 back out of it. EJ CE Deliveries are still in the infancy stage. Some with deposits have been waiting for 6 months for delivery. This is a different game than TS and TGF. Most everyone who has seen it and played it loved it. Get off the bench and enjoy it now.

It shouldn’t be allowed to compare the 3. I like TS4 too! Lol

#4583 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Anyone notice yourself on the topper lcds while playing the game?

Happens during Your Song.

#4584 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I'm trying to imagine who would pay 12-15k for the greatest pin ever and sell it for 9500 in less than 5 years.

Problem is most don't consider it the greatest ever so far, good-great with a hefty price to get into the base model is how most see it.

#4585 29 days ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Has anyone put the Pinwoofers on their EJ? I have them on my WW and they sound great. Just curious if they're worth the upgrade on the EJ. Thanks!

why does everyone always default to pinwofer speaker upgrade? and no one mentions Flipper Fidelity? at half the cost
FF (resized).pngFF (resized).png

#4586 29 days ago
Quoted from tonycip:

why does everyone always default to pinwofer speaker upgrade? and no one mentions Flipper Fidelity? at half the cost
[quoted image]

FF are great too. Pinwoofer adds an Amp and control too.

#4587 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

If they sell fast, those who want the CE better act fast.

Counter point: these $15,000 pinball machines will NEVER sell out and will be available at face value or less until the end of time.

#4588 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Counter point: these $15,000 pinball machines will NEVER sell out and will be available at face value or less until the end of time.

^This^ I believe is the reality.

#4589 29 days ago
Quoted from tonycip:

[quoted image]

No comparison. Coasterguy must be tone deaf. The magic is in the Pinwoofer amp, which is extremely well engineered. I used to put FF in my games and stopped after trying PinWoofer years ago...

#4590 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I have every intention of buying a PE

I will probably be the only one to say this but I agree. I have the CE. Should have gone PE. I like the color of the game better. I prefer mirror blades to art work. And the topper is cool if you like that stuff. I just dont care. Do I love the game. You bet. So much so that I ignored myself and went all in. But having done that I wish I would saved the 3k difference and just had a great game for less.

#4591 29 days ago

Was up for a PE and last minute upgraded to CE.

The CE is an entirely different level of atmosphere and experience due to the topper and lighting. Probably my best blind purchased in 20+ years in the hobby.

This games feels the closest to any 90's Bally / Williams title out of all the new pins ever made. Great Pin !

#4592 29 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I will probably be the only one to say this but I agree. I have the CE. Should have gone PE. I like the color of the game better. I prefer mirror blades to art work. And the topper is cool if you like that stuff. I just dont care. Do I love the game. You bet. So much so that I ignored myself and went all in. But having done that I wish I would saved the 3k difference and just had a great game for less.

Greatly appreciate the honesty...sometimes tough to find on Pinside I also prefer the color, trim & art package on the PE. Like you, topper bling isn't really my thing. Still undecided, but leaning toward a resale PE at the moment. If I end up loving it as much as pindel/coasterguy's, can always upgrade down the road.

#4593 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry to have to call you out on this in a while. What I keep hearing is "game is too expensive and won't sell. However when they do sell cheap, I'll buy one". Prices don't drop when everyone wants one. Demand keeps the price high. If the sales are poor why are so many still waiting for theirs? Then those that get one love it creating another problem as far as getting one cheap.

#4594 29 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No comparison. Coasterguy must be tone deaf. The magic is in the Pinwoofer amp, which is extremely well engineered. I used to put FF in my games and stopped after trying PinWoofer years ago...

Nope, I agree in fact, I have a new Pinwoofer set with klipsch sub here ready to install. I was just saying that FF is nice for the price is all.

#4595 29 days ago

I agree the colors on the PE are better to me too. I just wanted the whole package once I knew the game was my new favorite. I can only have 2 or 3 games at a time going forward so I don't care that they're pricey. The light show that the CE brings to the table is a game changer to make you feel part of the game. It blows everyone away when they are here. What we they don't say is the pe color is better than the ce.

#4596 29 days ago

You guys are really slick sales types... Even got me wanting one. I haven't even played it but I know JJP and am confident they've completely out done themselves again.

#4597 29 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You guys are really slick sales types... Even got me wanting one. I haven't even played it but I know JJP and am confident they've completely out done themselves again.

I've alway recognized JJP as superior quality but the right theme was never there for me. Finally this one checked all the boxes. I've been around pinball for a long while and people with money are going to flock to this one. It's the perfect game room attraction for a wide audience. The reaction out of people playing this game is priceless. It's 1/2 the price of Pirates but 10x the fun.

#4598 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Sorry to have to call you out on this in a while.

Great! Seeya in a while.

I think you are out of your mind if you really think these are gonna be hard to find. That shit is over, it ain't 2022 any more.

I believe this is the slowest selling JJP since Dialed In, and it's not because it's a bad game.

Seeya in a while!

#4599 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great! Seeya in a while.
I think you are out of your mind if you really think these are gonna be hard to find. That shit is over, it ain't 2022 any more.
I believe this is the slowest selling JJP since Dialed In, and it's not because it's a bad game.
Seeya in a while!

I hear you and you may be right. All I know is a new Stern LE and $13k with a topper (LATER RELEASE) can make it to $15k now. At least with JJP we know what we're being offered at the time of launch. I still like Stern very much but, so far they don't offer ANYTHING at all like EJ for total immersion. RUSH LE with the topper would be close to but, it does not play nearly as well and I like that one very much.

I do hope STERN ups their game with Spike 3

#4600 28 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I hear you and you may be right. All I know is a new Stern LE and $13k with a topper (LATER RELEASE) can make it to $15k now. At least with JJP we know what we're being offered at the time of launch. I still like Stern very much but, so far they don't offer ANYTHING at all like EJ for total immersion. RUSH LE with the topper would be close to but, it does not play nearly as well and I like that one very much.
I do hope STERN ups their game with Spike 3

Stern LE's from last year are down to 10k. There is NO question that EJCE at 15k smokes ANY Stern LE with a topper at the same 15k.

I just don't see EJ being the exception to the fact that ALL games are overpriced and will loose 15% to 25% at resale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coos Bay, OR
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.