IMG_1275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1277 (resized).jpeg
screenshot.5997 (resized).jpg
screenshot.5996 (resized).jpg
IMG_1921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1918 (resized).jpeg
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Oh I missed it thanks.
Has anybody ordered this recently? Just wanting to confirm you still need 5 sample packs as per the instructions on page 1.

I bought 5 samples, waiting on my double sided tape to arrive.

After seeing the samples, I will have enough to make mistakes a few times.

#202 7 months ago

Does anyone have a template of the piece needed that they can share?

#203 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I bought 5 samples, waiting on my double sided tape to arrive.
After seeing the samples, I will have enough to make mistakes a few times.

Are they shipping to Canada now?

#204 7 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Does anyone have a template of the piece needed that they can share?

I bought the replacement high wear decals, followed post 1, but i used some soapy water spray and squeegeed with an id card and a spray bottle. Basically like an art blade install. Once i had the DS9 on the plastic (it is soft, super sticky-flexible plastic) i trimed the excess around the DS9. Then i stuck the decals on the back, and trimmed around the replacement stickers…took about 4-6 hours. Not perfect but happy for now until i put in machine, may do some fine trimming with exacto if needed.

IMG_1899 (resized).jpegIMG_1899 (resized).jpegIMG_1917 (resized).jpegIMG_1917 (resized).jpegIMG_1918 (resized).jpegIMG_1918 (resized).jpegIMG_1920 (resized).jpegIMG_1920 (resized).jpegIMG_1921 (resized).jpegIMG_1921 (resized).jpeg
#205 7 months ago

When doing this-as mentioned a few times, orientation is “not a preference” its a requirement for the DS9 to work. (Credit to OP)
Edit here:(added) when you hold the DS9 in front of you, tilt it up toward the ceiling and down towards the floor. It should remain a silver-ish color. Turn 90 degrees and do it again…you if it looks “black” when tilted toward the floor and ceiling, this is incorrect. Silver up and down when tilted is what you want.

Also, the double backed plastic is soft, and kinda a one-shot deal when DS9 is applied…However, the DS9 is insanely tough. I ripped a sheet off of plastic because the plastic bubbled and then stuck to itself…I was prepared to sacrifice the DS9 sheet, but it withstood the insane tearing off force without any degradation. Very strong-so i reused it.

#206 7 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

When doing this-as mentioned a few times, orientation is “not a preference” its a requirement for the DS9 to work. (Credit to OP)
Edit here:(added) when you hold the DS9 in front of you, tilt it up toward the ceiling and down towards the floor. It should remain a silver-ish color. Turn 90 degrees and do it again…you if it looks “black” when tilted toward the floor and ceiling, this is incorrect. Silver up and down when tilted is what you want.
Also, the double backed plastic is soft, and kinda a one-shot deal when DS9 is applied…However, the DS9 is insanely tough. I ripped a sheet off of plastic because the plastic bubbled and then stuck to itself…I was prepared to sacrifice the DS9 sheet, but it withstood the insane tearing off force without any degradation. Very strong-so i reused it.

You can also hold it up in front of the projector. You will CLEARLY see which orientation is correct. When it’s the correct direction, it’s a crystal clear image.

#207 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Are they shipping to Canada now?

No. I used Shippsy.

1 week later
#208 7 months ago

How long did it take Elitescrens.com to ship the screen samples? I orders a few weeks ago and have been ghosted ever since. Just wanted to check before I request a credit card charge back.

#209 7 months ago

It was quick for me.

#210 7 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

How long did it take Elitescrens.com to ship the screen samples? I orders a few weeks ago and have been ghosted ever since. Just wanted to check before I request a credit card charge back.

I ordered Nov 24, being delivered today. Maybe contact them first?

1 week later
#211 6 months ago

Finally got around to playin with this StarBright 9 stuff under the laser.... Applied adhesive backing first and then gave it a go. I've dialed in the settings to the best of my ability, but given the nature of materials it does melt around the edges a smidge and requires a good cleanin post laser. In the end it does look pretty good from 3 inches away though

Really want to avoid the 2 piece ramp setup though... hmmm.....

(Showing direction really does matter with this stuff as well )

screenshot.5996 (resized).jpgscreenshot.5996 (resized).jpgscreenshot.5997 (resized).jpgscreenshot.5997 (resized).jpg

#212 6 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Finally got around to playin with this StarBright 9 stuff under the laser.... Applied adhesive backing first and then gave it a go. I've dialed in the settings to the best of my ability, but given the nature of materials it does melt around the edges a smidge and requires a good cleanin post laser. In the end it does look pretty good from 3 inches away though
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great job, and did you get the popular choice of 5 sample sheets?

Please tell me you’ll offer this as I HATE cutting and am terrible with measuring LOL

#213 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Please tell me you’ll offer this as I HATE cutting and am terrible with measuring LOL

Here’s my big tutorial on measuring. You hold up a ruler to the thing and read the little number.

#214 6 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Oh that's cool. I was planning on getting it done as well, just wanted to wait on having a scan of the ramp stickers as well.

Which laser CNC did you use, what's the output power, and what power level did you use ? I have both a Snapmaker A250 10W laser module, and an Elegoo Phecda.

#215 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I opted for the 7 sample pack so that I had some sheets to play around with. Not sure if I'll offer them precut or not as of yet, as I know Ashram56 has been wanting to do this one for a while and if I did it I'd want to avoid the 2 piece ramp.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Oh that's cool. I was planning on getting it done as well, just wanted to wait on having a scan of the ramp stickers as well.
Which laser CNC did you use, what's the output power, and what power level did you use ? I have both a Snapmaker A250 10W laser module, and an Elegoo Phecda.

I've got an Aeon Nova 10 100W and the sweet spot seems to be around 35-40% power. I currently just did the basic rectangle shapes for testing/conceptual purposes, but should be easy enough to get the ramp templates as well. My premium is supposed to show up today, so I'll see where things go from here.

#216 6 months ago

can you cut this material using a silhouette machine or circuit? cri cut or whatever it is called?

Is someone going to be offering the kit pre-cut? I am interested and I am sure many would too.

#217 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am interested and I am sure many would too.

I would be.

#218 6 months ago

Same here. I bought the 5 pieces but I’d still be interested in pre cut pieces

#219 6 months ago

I'm also interested in pre cut pieces.

#220 6 months ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that come mid-late Jan I will likely be offering precut kits if everything works out (got a couple things behind the scenes to finalize first), but holidays and time off are going to delay the progress on this for a bit from my perspective. Not sure on pricing yet, but right ramp will be 1 piece.

When the time comes I'll be posting up a pre-oder thread with all the details, but in the meantime feel free to message me and I'll be sure to get ya on the list.

#221 6 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Just wanted to let everyone know that come mid-late Jan I will likely be offering precut kits if everything works out (got a couple things behind the scenes to finalize first), but holidays and time off are going to delay the progress on this for a bit from my perspective. Not sure on pricing yet, but right ramp will be 1 piece.
When the time comes I'll be posting up a pre-oder thread with all the details, but in the meantime feel free to message me and I'll be sure to get ya on the list.

Scotty, you’re the man!!

#222 6 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Scotty, you’re the man!!

Agreed! I am looking forward to this

#223 6 months ago

This is by far the best mod/addition I have ever done to a game. It’s truly amazing the difference.

#224 6 months ago

Potential easier way to mount this stuff. I used 2-sided scotch tape like a child craft project. It seems sturdy. And it can be pulled off fairly easy with no damage to original screen. Just make sure you lay the pieces of tape down very flat with no bubbles or wrinkles.
IMG_1274 (resized).jpegIMG_1274 (resized).jpegIMG_1275 (resized).jpegIMG_1275 (resized).jpegleft two panels w new materialleft two panels w new materialall 3 doneall 3 done

#225 6 months ago

I would also love to purchase a pre cut set!

#226 6 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Potential easier way to mount this stuff. I used 2-sided scotch tape like a child craft project. It seems sturdy. And it can be pulled off fairly easy with no damage to original screen. Just make sure you lay the pieces of tape down very flat with no bubbles or wrinkles.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How is it holding up so far? Might try your way

#227 6 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

How is it holding up so far? Might try your way

After a few days, no problem. Secure as ever. I’ve only done the main screen panels. I’m not sure how this would hold up for ball traffic areas.

#228 6 months ago

I ordered but plan to only use it for the main screen. Is that weird?

#229 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

That’s what I did and I’m satisfied with it. The other areas show up clear enough IMO.

#230 6 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

That’s what I did and I’m satisfied with it. The other areas show up clear enough IMO.

That was my thought. Cool.

#231 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

No. But you might want to consider doing the drops and standups.

#232 6 months ago

If anyone is thinking about doing this I have all 5 sample panels with that suggested back adhesive. I’m looking to sell mine Because I'm not going to get into this project anytime soon.
$75 shipped in the lower Cont US

Added 6 months ago:

These are spoken for. Thansk!

#233 6 months ago

I've started my adventure of installing Darkstar 9 on my Premium.

Contrast is much better. I see a bigger difference in a lighted room vs a dark room. Still improves contrast and sharpness in a dark room

First image is all lights off in the room. Second is lights on

20231228_211839 (resized).jpg20231228_211839 (resized).jpg20231228_212032 (resized).jpg20231228_212032 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#234 5 months ago

Does anybody have the measurements for the three pieces that make the big screen?

1 week later
#235 5 months ago

You would think after reading all these posts a hundred times I would get this right. Please make sure to get these directionally right. When viewing the sheet tilt the material up and down if it stays silver you got it right. If it goes black rotate it 90 degrees. All of sheets had the card stock on the side, not on top to get them right. Glad I bought 5 sheets as I started these going the wrong way. Also really take your time with adhesive. If you avoid air bubbles it really looks impressive.

#236 5 months ago
Quoted from Shady32:

You would think after reading all these posts a hundred times I would get this right. Please make sure to get these directionally right. When viewing the sheet tilt the material up and down if it stays silver you got it right. If it goes black rotate it 90 degrees. All of sheets had the card stock on the side, not on top to get them right. Glad I bought 5 sheets as I started these going the wrong way. Also really take your time with adhesive. If you avoid air bubbles it really looks impressive.

If it makes you feel any better… I did them in the wrong orientation the first time. Wasted some of the material. But got it right in the end and it’s a huge improvement over stock.

#237 5 months ago

Even after figuring out the “correct” orientation, how are people applying them? I got to thinking, in a home theatre you want the 180 degrees view to be horizontal. But on a pin perhaps vertical is better? In a standing position you are already at something like a 30 degree angle vertically and more if you are tall. For the player, they are always centered. And how often are people at extreme horizontal angles watching the game?

#238 5 months ago

Introducing ScreenEffects for your Stranger Things Premium/LE machine.

First kits are starting to arrive today to those that reached out to get on the interest list earlier, but now opening up my pinside shop for domestic orders (international will be through my shopify store once everything is finalized, and payments are working properly.)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1293-pineffects/10209-screeneffects-starbright9-precut-kits

Brian

EDIT: 15:20 MT WHOA... A much bigger demand for this precut kit than I was expecting, Truly appreciate the support and response on this!!!.. I've depleted the amount of kits available that I can make with the materials I currently have on hand (other than standups and drop targets)... I will be ordering more materials, and will be adding this back in stock when those materials arrive... Stay tuned!!

Going to be very busy cranking out these kits as fast as I can for those that have ordered. Please be patient with me

EDIT: 18:20 MT
Additional materials have been ordered(hoping to have them next week). I have every intention of ensuring everyone that wants a kit can get one. If you'd like to secure a spot in line I have updated the listing to a pre-order (domestic only however). Those that got in before the pre-order status expect shipping withing 7-10 business days.

Again thank you for the support, glad I can offer this to the community.

All installed (resized).jpgAll installed (resized).jpgFull Kit (resized).jpgFull Kit (resized).jpg

#239 5 months ago

Uggh I just ordered darkstar9 samples yesterday not knowing this was going to be released so soon.

Quoted from ScottyC:

First kits are starting to arrive today to those that reached out to get on the interest list earlier, but now opening up my pinside shop for domestic orders (international will be through my shopify store once everything is finalized, and payments are working properly.)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1293-pineffects/10209-screeneffects-starbright9-precut-kits
Brian[quoted image][quoted image]

#240 5 months ago

I thought StarBright/DarkStar9 didn't work on the ramps due to the angle....

#241 5 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I thought StarBright/DarkStar9 didn't work on the ramps due to the angle....

The fact it works great on the lower ramps is the reason this DIY exists--materials others found before did not (only doesn't work on the vertical sides).

#243 5 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Brian
EDIT 15:20 MT: WOAH... A much bigger demand for this precut kit than I was expecting, Truly appreciate the support and response on this!!!.. I've depleted the amount of kits available that I can make with the materials I currently have on hand (other than standups and drop targets)... I will be ordering more materials, and will be adding this back in stock when those materials arrive... Stay tuned!!
Going to be very busy cranking out these kits as fast as I can for those that have ordered. Please be patient with me

Just ordered, Can't wait! Thank you!

#244 5 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Brian
EDIT: 15:20 MT WHOA... A much bigger demand for this precut kit than I was expecting, Truly appreciate the support and response on this!!!.. I've depleted the amount of kits available that I can make with the materials I currently have on hand (other than standups and drop targets)... I will be ordering more materials, and will be adding this back in stock when those materials arrive... Stay tuned!!
Additional materials have been ordered(hoping to have them next week). I have every intention of ensuring everyone that wants a kit can get one. If you'd like to secure a spot in line I have updated the listing to a pre-order (domestic only however). Those that got in before the pre-order status expect shipping withing 7-10 business days.

What is the link to buy and ship to Canada?
Thanks

#245 5 months ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Brian

You're cutting everything on a single sheet of material?

1 week later
#246 5 months ago

Received my ScreenEffects kit from ScottyC today. I was one of those on the initial interest list, just took me a few more days to get it because of Canada and using the cheapest shipping option.

Haven't installed it yet, but it arrived safely, is packaged well and the cuts of each piece are about 1000x better than I ever would've been able to do by hand. Arrows are drawn on the back of the pieces to make sure they get oriented properly, the material looks amazing, all in all very well done.

Definitely recommend, especially for people like me whose drawing and cutting skills are at the level of an average 6 year old. Was going to try the DIY method but I know I would've done a bad job of it and probably wasted a lot of material.

#247 4 months ago

Just installed ScottyC kit. Looks amazing. 100 times better

IMG_1444 (resized).jpegIMG_1444 (resized).jpegIMG_1445 (resized).jpegIMG_1445 (resized).jpeg
#248 4 months ago

Haven't put mine on yet. How hard is it to get the old material off of the center screen? Trying to decide if I should remove the old stuff or just put over top.

#249 4 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Haven't put mine on yet. How hard is it to get the old material off of the center screen? Trying to decide if I should remove the old stuff or just put over top.

Getting the factory material off anything plastic was pretty easy for me(latest STh run). Just picked a corner and slowly peeled it off. The metal parts though like the sides of the center ramp... pain in the butt. All that left over adhesive is not easy to get off either. So kind of a personal preference on which way you'd like to go(overlay or removal), but I recommend taking the time and remove the factory material.

#250 4 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I left the white ones on my ramp/screen area. I took off all the target ones very easily. I will be doing the plastic ramps when my UV kit arrives so I can change all that out at once

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,499 (OBO)
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.