IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #933 First pics Posted by NashtyFunk (4 months ago)

Post #6938 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Airball solution - good and best. Posted by PinMonk (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambeno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2749 4 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

He doesn’t pick up the machete until he’s in Bruce’s mouth.

Doesn't he use it to cut the rope earlier in the movie when they are getting drug under. I seem to remember that.

#2778 4 months ago

So is the video mode going to let me shoot Jet Skiers?

#2791 4 months ago

As someone who got a Godzilla Pro, I think missing the bash toy shark that rises up and the upper playfield is a big miss to me. Prem is the only way for me. you probably bash the shark during some of the end hunts, and I bet you hit the boat for when you are Jaws.

#3014 4 months ago

Looks like the premium doesn't have a physical ball lock either. That makes me sad. I also hope that the shark bash toy can be hit multiple times before going back down under. I also think its cool that the lookout tower ramp does a 180 at the end before going back to the bottom play field.

#3259 4 months ago

I'm more concerned about if the shark bash toy is a one hit then goes back underneath, or if you will be able to hit it multiple times. The trailers so far show a one and done. If the later is the case then I think I would go Pro. I hope not though....

#3575 4 months ago

Hard to not go premium.
If all the lights go red when you're bashing the shit out of Jaws, that will be a cool moment that would be missing on the pro. Especially if the music does the buildup everytime you bash him like in the movie.

#3642 4 months ago

They must of snucked this ad in on the last patch?

Screenshot_20240106_172556_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240106_172556_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3678 4 months ago

Will these be an issue? They seem a bit exposed?
Don't think I ever notice screws out in middle of a playfield before. I would imagine it would scuffs the ball a bit.

Jaws-Premium-Details-Strobe-51-lkjnz3wfe-1024x683 (resized).jpgJaws-Premium-Details-Strobe-51-lkjnz3wfe-1024x683 (resized).jpg
#4081 4 months ago

It still makes me worried that the bash toy can only be hit once. It appeared up to three times in the video, only to be hit once, then go back under. I would feel more inclined toward the premium if I knew you could bash the shit out of it more than once. I was hoping to see that tonight. Kind of a letdown. My only other complaint is that the game doesn't really follow the movie. The movie is just there as a backdrop. Take the movie assets away, and it's just a game about hunting fish. I get that's what the movie is about; I just wish it followed the scenes in the movie more from start to finish.

#4149 4 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

Finally, we are playing as Quint, but as you all know he loses. Big time. Odd. Would have rather played as Hooper POV, especially since they got voice from Richard Dreyfus, which is really cool.

That's one of my biggest issues. You play as Quint because it doesn't follow the movie. Your just hunting sharks and the Jaws movie is just there for the video side of it.

#4501 4 months ago

What's really putting me off on the game is that the main theme of the game is not Jaws but the Chum Bucket. Everything seems to revolve around hitting the chum bucket, which isn't very exciting toy.

#4511 4 months ago

I am hoping the Deadflip stream can redeem the game for me. I really want to like the game. Jaws is one of my favorite movies. What would pull me over the edge of getting the game would be that the shark toy can be bashed more than once. I get that the competitive player wouldn't care for this, but I want to bash the shit out of that shark while Dreyfus is yelling, "Hit it again," and Brody is yelling, "Kill it, quint!"

#4648 4 months ago

A lots changed in 6 years.

20240109_180804 (resized).jpg20240109_180804 (resized).jpg
#4657 4 months ago

I get the art complaint, but I have had art commissioned before, and more art is more money. If you are going to give less art, give me my money worth in other places.

#4735 4 months ago

I think at Stern current price model, the only game worth the price is probably Elvira HOH. The house also eats the ball.

#5503 4 months ago

I'm surprised there is no footage of the game on location yet. While I do appreciate the Deadflip streams, they never let them blow the machine up for some reason. I want to see what is going on deep in the game code.

#5570 4 months ago

The Chum Bucket or the Shark? Which will get bashed the most?

#5573 4 months ago

Okay. The live stream has changed my mind. Game looks great.

#5909 4 months ago

Anyone got any HQ pics of the playfield at face view with the back lighting?

#6017 4 months ago

This game looks so brutal. No one but Elwin has gotten more than one Hunt. Elwin barely got 2. I watched every stream so far and it looks to be a heavy grind.

#6098 3 months ago

Anyone know how to start the Hunt? There so much going on during gameplay it's hard to tell. Is it smashing the Chum bucket or hitting the lit shots? Or both?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 210.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Burlington, VT
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 799.00
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

$ 101.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 169.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambeno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread?tu=gambeno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.