Bad_Battery_Holder.jpg
IMG_1216.jpg
IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ls1chris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago

BK is my first pin too, going through some sound board issues right now, but i'll get that sorted out and if not i already ordered new ones. i couldn't get mine going at first untill i read about having the coin door open and switching it off and on 2-3 times untill it is out of audit mode and all 3 balls accounted for. mine is beat and i bought it sight unseen for $100.00. i have bought a new CRP playfeild (#11 of 35 of the silver knight run) a backglass from mayfair, 4 complete flipper assembly's ,cab stencils,and new sound boards ( not arrived yet) i am excited to start my first teardown and restore in the next few days.

#16 11 years ago

just to add, Stu here ( from cpr) has a sweet hand picked PF for BK for sale, but i found out after i already bought mine or i would have bought his instead.

#45 11 years ago

mine does that "2500-3" also, if i open the coin door up and cycle the power off and on 2X mine goes into attract mode and i can credit up and play.

#60 11 years ago

I cycle the power fairly quickly , just like turning a light off and on twice, my battery holders are toast so I don't even have batteries in mine right now

#61 11 years ago

Also is your transformer in the lower right corner of the back box? Or in the cabinet? Mine is in the back box so it's a early system 6 BK

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from skullin:

My transformer is in the back box. I'll try what you suggest, see if that works at all. I'm going to want a permanent fix but that could be nice to start looking for more problems. Just because my battery holder is shot doesn't mean other things aren't broken too. If it's anything like arcade repair it means something else probably IS shot.

same idea's here too, all my parts show up in the next few days and after the battery fix , if i still have issues im ordering new mpu and driver boards as thats all i have left on my wish list of new parts. if i ever decide to sell or swap , i dont think the power cycle option will be a great selling feature.

#68 11 years ago

those contacts are done, mine look the same, i ordered new ones from Marco and i recived them in 3 days, and im in Canada. you could go to radio shack ( the source???) and make your own with a remote type battery pack easy enough though.

#69 11 years ago

are the battery's set in series or parallel? i wonder does the memory need 1.5 v and they used 3 AA for longevity or 4.5 v? as my paragon ( bally only needs 1 AA) has the battery removed and a capacitor in place , could we not go that route also?

1 week later
#82 11 years ago

skullian, looks like your getting to know this machine pretty good really quick, i'm going to start a teardown of mine today , im going to start a progress thread and maybe we can get our machines like new in no time.

4 weeks later
#129 11 years ago

skullin , how's things progressing? i finally got my new power and sound boards ( the build and sound quality is impressive) and put them in and played 2 games and the right side flippers decided not to flip anymore i think i might throw in the towel on this soon and FT for something newer as doing a PF swap seems really daunting task and with spring maybe coming next week i have to many progects as it is.

#132 11 years ago

skull/pafasa, do either of you have a pdf schematic link? both left side are ok , i have voltage at the switch ( flipper button) but nothing past that, i guess i will trace it back as i go if i do the swap ( new CPR silver ed #12) i did a PS board swap today hoping it was just that, maybe should just pull the playfeild right off and continuity test the entire right side flipper wiring untill i find where its at. i just kinda wanted the electrical aspect of the machine in order before i start tearing it apart.

#134 11 years ago

so i did go back and trace back all the wiring from the PS ( thick solid blue) and have continuity and 0 resistance throughout . the orange with purple stripe ( from the flipper to the driver board) has continuity and 0 resistance up until the last plug on the driver board and thats where i found my issue ( so far ) the plug that goes into the driver board is melted and the pin clip inside of the plug moved as it melted away from the pin on the driver board. i bought enough new ones from pcppinball to do the entire back box,but i wonder what issues i may have with the driver board and why did that plug decide to melt. ( really not trying to thread hi-jack, just sharing whats going on with my machine in case sometime in the future it yours does it you can fix it fast!)

#136 11 years ago

Skull what arcades do y have? I have a DK jr, cocktail ms pacman a HUO asteroids (like new) and a arcade ledgends 3 ( kinda MEH) I really want to find a dragons lair and space ace

#138 11 years ago

Skullin, I changed out that connector and my flippers are working again! While I was at it I pulled the CPU/driver boards swapped out the m/f 40 pin (4 of the male pins stayed in the F side when I separated them) changed the battery holder and reflowed all the connector pins . Much to my wife's un-delight I picked up a T-2 arcade shooter with great monitor and cabinet , but the pentiometer wiring and connections are a horrible mess. To bad u weren't close , I have a cap kit for a dk monitor I never used as it was only the horizontal frequency pot that was bad on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ls1chris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-first-pinball-machine?tu=ls1chris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.