Topic Stats

• 712 posts
  • 186 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 hours ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
    #601 7 months ago

I was almost scammed by a hacked FB account. They put a lot of effort in and seemed legit until it came time to line up payment, that's when it started looking really sketchy. Asking for proof it started looking weird and it got really impersonal. Fonts and colors changed in the email and they included a venmo with 1 purchase weeks ago. I also found various accounts with their name made just a few weeks ago. I found the real person, confirmed this FB account was hacked. They got this guy's account and several people have contacted him about it. They went to great length to get me to send money but would not video chat or take a video with them in it. I'm attaching some of the pics they use in case anyone else gets this.

For site search purposes the name was Paul McGinty from Duncan, SC. There is a real Paul out there so if you get any interaction just be very cautious and confirm but this account was definitely hacked.

facebook.com/paul.mcgintygreat076234
    Venmo @Berniece-Beyersdorf

1cb8f925-733f-4d95-9707-b0022e20746e (resized).jpeg1cb8f925-733f-4d95-9707-b0022e20746e (resized).jpeg6d583198-ffdf-4964-bde8-f511b0f7720b (resized).jpeg6d583198-ffdf-4964-bde8-f511b0f7720b (resized).jpegunnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #604 7 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550227220675 (Veron Champel)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093068456358 (Omaha Lilbigworld)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61551132012648 (Selena Bray)

1 week later
    #605 6 months ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100076543776281 (Pinball machines for sale)

#607 6 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/pinballmachineforsell (Pinball machine for sale)
    extremegamingpipeshop.com

1 week later
    #608 6 months ago

It seems someone was successful in taking down a scammer's .au domain by reporting it to the administrative organization of the .au TLD:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1509832829325245/?multi_permalinks=3150417225266789

#609 6 months ago

Noticed a new one: bunkerhousegames.com

#610 6 months ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Noticed a new one: bunkerhousegames.com

Thanks, added it to the list.

#611 6 months ago

ebay.com link: itm

Example of a scam sale on eBay, a Xenon machine for sale. There are other video and pins listed.

I suspect a legitimate seller has had their password stolen and the "scam" deals are intermingled with the real seller's legitimate listings. One of the item's pictures directs the buyer to contact them outside of eBay (violation of eBay policy) to complete the transaction. I reported the listing to eBay so expect it to get taken down. Buyer beware.

Here is the scam hook....

scam (resized).jpgscam (resized).jpg
    #612 6 months ago
    Quoted from FarAway:

ebay.com link: itm
    Example of a scam sale on eBay, a Xenon machine for sale. There are other video and pins listed.
    I suspect a legitimate seller has had their password stolen and the "scam" deals are intermingled with the real seller's legitimate listings. One of the item's pictures directs the buyer to contact them outside of eBay (violation of eBay policy) to complete the transaction. I reported the listing to eBay so expect it to get taken down. Buyer beware.
    Here is the scam hook....[quoted image]

I described this type of scam in a previous sticky post here if you want more details about how it works:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/10#post-7496514

#613 6 months ago
    Quoted from FarAway:

... I suspect a legitimate seller has had their password stolen and the "scam" deals are intermingled with the real seller's legitimate listings. One of the item's pictures directs the buyer to contact them outside of eBay (violation of eBay policy) to complete the transaction. I reported the listing to eBay so expect it to get taken down. ...

Yes, look like legitimate account was taken over. In my experience, eBay is very responsive to scam reports. Looks like they've already reverted it back to the original listing.

#614 5 months ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Yes, look like legitimate account was taken over.

Yep, that's part of the scam--take over an account that has a bunch of good feedback, then use a script to quickly add all those scam listings. Then the idea is the past feedback helps make the scammer appear legitimate at a glance.

#615 5 months ago

Added another variant of "pinball machines shop":

instagram.com/Pinball.Machines.Shop

Also added:
    rarepinball.com (yet another fake clone of "the pinball company")
    instagram.com/rarepinball
    usa-loving-style-23.shop
    usa-loving-style-24.shop

#616 5 months ago

We discovered via customer notification that someone is impersonating our website.
    mezelmods.shop is the impersonating our legit website

We are submitting the appropriate takedown notifications as well

#617 5 months ago
    Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

We discovered via customer notification that someone is impersonating our website.
    mezelmods.shop is the impersonating our legit website
    We are submitting the appropriate takedown notifications as well

Ugh, sorry to hear about that.

It has been added to the list.

#619 5 months ago

Added to the list:

arcade83.us
    pinballworld-au.com
    pinball-store.com

#620 5 months ago

This one looks scammy as hell…. Popping up all over Facebook today. One of their posts shows a picture of Lyman’s tavern, and post “setting up barcade!”…. And the inside is not Lyman’s lol. Information and page transparency is vague as hell…. No location listed anywhere. Spanglish is on the better side of broken English.

I’m not going to their website lol.

IMG_5617 (resized).pngIMG_5617 (resized).png
    #621 5 months ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

This one looks scammy as hell…. Popping up all over Facebook today. One of their posts shows a picture of Lyman’s tavern, and post “setting up barcade!”…. And the inside is not Lyman’s lol. Information and page transparency is vague as hell…. No location listed anywhere. Spanglish is on the better side of broken English.
    I’m not going to their website lol.[quoted image]

Thanks, added to the list:
    facebook.com/pinbalforsale (Pinball Machine Hub)
    instagram.com/dmvpinballs.shop
    dmvpinballs.shop
    youtube.com/@dmvpinballshop

#622 5 months ago

This is just insane !
    Full time job keeping scammer list!

1 week later
    #623 5 months ago

Anyone tried reporting a scam site to its domain registrar?

#624 5 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090180072666 (Mark Carlos)
    facebook.com/jonovision (Jonathon Miller)
    tiktok.com/@pinballmachines3 (pinball dev)
    tiktok.com/@pinballmachines4all (Pinball Machines4all)
    pinballmachines4all.com
    tiktok.com/@pinball_machine_for_sale (James Hock)
    tiktok.com/@pinballmachinesales (PinballMachineSales)
    tiktok.com/@pinballmachinesforsale (Pinball Machines For Sale)
    tiktok.com/@pinballmachinesforsale9 (Pinball Machines World Wide)
    tiktok.com/@pinball.machines.shop (Pinball Machines)
    tiktok.com/@pinballretails (Pinball Machines)
    tiktok.com/@pinballmachinehub
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083392834466 (Jaden Pinball Machines)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092256859671 (Jackson EM)

#625 5 months ago

Whoa, that's a lot of shit to avoid.

We should be glad most Pinsiders are wise enough not to get suckered into any of those.

#627 5 months ago

was looking for a Big Lebowski this morning, and stumbled upon this site..seems to good to be true (it's in stock)..just didn't feel right, but please check it out and see if this is legit.. buypinballmachine.com/product/the-big-lebowski-by-dutch-pinball-2016/

#628 5 months ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

was looking for a Big Lebowski this morning, and stumbled upon this site..seems to good to be true (it's in stock)..just didn't feel right, but please check it out and see if this is legit.. buypinballmachine.com/product/the-big-lebowski-by-dutch-pinball-2016/

It's already on the scam sites list.

Always remember--if you feel you have to ask, it's probably a scam.

#629 5 months ago

Recently got scammed by a guy calling himself Arthur T Miller from Denver CO. He had fake FB reference accounts that gave him great reviews. Tried to cover myself through due diligence questions and pics, but he was convincing. He jumped through all my hoops with fake pics, etc. Be aware. This guy knew the pinball hobby well and was using all the right lingo too. I notified FB and they shut down his accounts. I’m sure he will try again.

Thanks

#630 5 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's already on the scam sites list.
    Always remember--if you feel you have to ask, it's probably a scam.

Thank you scambaiters! Well scam monitors. Would be awesome to actually scambait these fuckers.

#631 5 months ago
    Quoted from dougram69:

Recently got scammed by a guy calling himself Arthur T Miller from Denver CO. He had fake FB reference accounts that gave him great reviews. Tried to cover myself through due diligence questions and pics, but he was convincing. He jumped through all my hoops with fake pics, etc. Be aware. This guy knew the pinball hobby well and was using all the right lingo too. I notified FB and they shut down his accounts. I’m sure he will try again.
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have screenshots of the conversation?

#632 5 months ago

Yes I have screenshots of our messages and pics off of his fb page.

#633 5 months ago
    Quoted from dougram69:

Yes I have screenshots of our messages and pics off of his fb page.

Can you share them?

#634 5 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=61553450030147 (Bill Laimbeer)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100079662420906 (Tom Clark)

#635 4 months ago

pinballhem.com

#636 4 months ago

Thanks--it's already on the list.

#637 4 months ago

Just dropping in to say thank you forceflow for creating this forum, I came across mezelmods.shop as I was looking to purchase an Alien drop target illumination kit from mezelmods and everything on this website is up to 50% off now knowing this might be a scam but wanted to make sure I came here to look up the website and sure enough it is on your list, my question is and I am sure it has been asked many times before but why are these websites aloud to be out there praying on unsuspecting people for so long?
    Thanks again for all that you do!

#638 4 months ago
    Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

why are these websites aloud to be out there praying on unsuspecting people for so long?

It's like whack-a-mole. There's too many of them to keep up with, they pop up fast (it probably takes less than an hour to set up), and the take-down process takes time, effort, and proof.

#639 4 months ago
    Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

why are these websites aloud to be out there ... ?

If it was that easy to get websites taken down then nobody's website would last very long.

#640 4 months ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081858572163 (Sabolewski Wayne)

Active user on facebook right now...he is taking photos & descriptions from various ebay ads from different sellers and re-posting them to various pinball groups.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#641 4 months ago

Added to the list:

arcflippers.com
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61553554486497 (Pinball machine chop)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550625488082 (The Addams family pinball for sale at good prices)
    instagram.com/edge_pinballs

#644 4 months ago

Hello everybody. I just want to share this website. This is absolutely a scamming website. Payment only by ACH and the prices are just ridiculously low. Please help prevent fraud.... it gives the industry a bad name when these sites pop up. Share everywhere you can. Thank you!

pinballmachinesforsale.shop

#645 4 months ago
    Quoted from Hemispheres:

Hello everybody. I just want to share this website. This is absolutely a scamming website. Payment only by ACH and the prices are just ridiculously low. Please help prevent fraud.... it gives the industry a bad name when these sites pop up. Share everywhere you can. Thank you!
    pinballmachinesforsale.shop

Yup, it was added over a year and a half ago to the list on the first page. It's a very long list at this point, unfortunately.

#646 4 months ago

ADD Instagram: pinballmachines_forsale

Already in the DB without the underscore. Only take zelle or bank transfer..

Changed instagram profile name 4 times since Jan 2021

#647 4 months ago
    Quoted from petves325:

ADD Instagram: pinballmachines_forsale
    Already in the DB without the underscore. Only take zelle or bank transfer..
    Changed instagram profile name 4 times since Jan 2021

Thanks--added it to the list.

#648 4 months ago

Wanted to add, angelsvendingmachinesllc.us
    Wire transfers and crypto only. Google voice number only. They provided a corporate account on open corporate.com I can't find it on any other site. The address is an apartment in DC

Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #649 4 months ago
    Quoted from Belgiandoc:

Wanted to add, angelsvendingmachinesllc.us
    Wire transfers and crypto only. Google voice number only. They provided a corporate account on open corporate.com I can't find it on any other site. The address is an apartment in DC
    [quoted image]

Thanks--it's been added to the list.

The content on that website has surfaced under a few other domain names (mostly including the word "vending"), so it isn't the first time it has shown up.

#650 4 months ago

Big list today:

• facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094058577820 (The Pinball Machine Hub.)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61554204720905 (Home of pin balls)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61552951427101 (Pinball machines and other Arcade games for sale)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550041450807 (Pinball machines for sale)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550973927779 (Pinball flipper market)
    • t.me/flippergames
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086934057079 (Arcade Pinball shop And Service)
    • facebook.com/CherryJWest
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086484480284 (Pinball Machine for sell)
    • facebook.com/arcadepinballmachinesforsale (PrimeTime Arcade & Pinball Machines)
    • primetimepinballs.com
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093512641310 (Pinball Machines for Sale USA)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550257242240 (Rare Pinball)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550265635596 (Vending Machine For Sale)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550207683321 (Used refurbished and brand new pinball machines available)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550124014933 (Pinball Machine shop)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550553834502 (R. Pinball Machines)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550049342804 (Pinball Machine shop)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094298426549 (Pinball machines for sale)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090560824937 (Pinball machines and accessories for sale)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086459406536 (Sheneka Collins)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088181611800 (Vending machines for sale)
    • vendingmachinesemporium.com
    • vendingmachinesshop.com
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093993383380 (Pinballsales)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091895903977 (Pinball machines for sale)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078027517251 (Max Pro Pinball machines store.)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092243520657 (American wholesale liquidation pallets)
    • facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091673726613 (Vending Machines For Sale)
    There are 714 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.