Topic Stats

• 710 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders
  • Topic is a super sticky!

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7449 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0108 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20231220_183515_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_5617 (resized).png
    fake-image-analysis1 (resized).jpg
    scam (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 710 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.
    #551 10 months ago

Yup, stolen photos of the TAF came from an old twitter post:
    https://twitter.com/ocpinballs/status/1227328167620358145
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Added to the list:

facebook.com/boris.joel.501 (Boris Joël)

#552 10 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Added to the list:
    facebook.com/boris.joel.501 (Boris Joël)

How do the local Facebook scams work? I assume for long distance, just get paid and they don't ship. But for local buyers, what do they do? Ask for electronic payment in advance and give a fake pickup location?

#553 10 months ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

How do the local Facebook scams work? I assume for long distance, just get paid and they don't ship. But for local buyers, what do they do? Ask for electronic payment in advance and give a fake pickup location?

Most of the time, it's just operated as a long distance scam.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/7#post-7113962

#554 10 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092409535475 (Bunker House Arcade)

Yet another profile with stolen photos, sponsored ads with unrealisticly low prices, and being operated by someone in Cameroon.

#555 10 months ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Their location is Steger, IL, only a few miles east of me.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    I am not convinced they're an outright scam (steal money -> no product), but IMO, something still seems pretty shady. Maybe it's the tiny abandoned run-down storefront in this low-income high-crime industrial town.
    Might be worth asking them in a live chat why they have a Steger address in a building that's too small to house the massive inventory they're advertising.
    There are a couple of fly-by-night "wholesale appliance" stores around the area too. You can get a "brand new" $3,000 refrigerator with a "minor" scratch/dent for only $500. The "scam" is that you really don't know where this appliance came from, it looks like it literally fell off a truck, and there is no real warranty despite claims to the contrary. This ITNA place reminds me of that sort of thing.

They are NOT a scam. I received my E3 from them in April of this year. The only issue with ITNA is they (James and Jimmy) require full amount up front. Also, they aren't too big on communication and updates. That being said, I'd buy from them again.

#556 10 months ago
    Quoted from Scot0308:

They are NOT a scam.

Just to be clear, my posting did not claim they were a scam.

#557 10 months ago

Added to the list:

pinball805llc.com

#558 10 months ago

NOT TO DEFEND anyone... but it is possible that not all "recycled" photos are scams.

Someone may have saved the photos when they purchased the machine and then just reused those photo's when they decided to sell it. I would ask some probing questions or request a new very specific photo to be sure (maybe even with a copy of todays newspaper!). Yes, I see this scam often on craigslist, usually it involves a price too good to believe and a certified check or wire transfer. Caveat Emptor

#559 10 months ago
    Quoted from FarAway:

NOT TO DEFEND anyone... but it is possible that not all "recycled" photos are scams.
    Someone may have saved the photos when they purchased the machine and then just reused those photo's when they decided to sell it. I would ask some probing questions or request a new very specific photo to be sure (maybe even with a copy of todays newspaper!). Yes, I see this scam often on craigslist, usually it involves a price too good to believe and a certified check or wire transfer. Caveat Emptor

Very rarely do I see that happen. It's almost always a scammer.

Most scammers are pulling photos from places that are months or years old.

When I've seen someone post an ad with recycled photos, usually it's just days or weeks old.

If someone is recycling photos from a previous seller's ad and that gets them identified as a scammer, that's kind of on them for doing that. However, it doesn't really seem to happen often enough to be an issue.

#560 10 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Very rarely do I see that happen.

Yep... I'd claim never.

Everyone has a smartphone (with camera) or access to somebody with one... okay, not everyone, but practically everyone when we're talking about selling a pinball machine.

I can't even imagine who would go through the trouble to search for the old digital photos when taking new photos is so easy to do. And even if the scenario happened, a buyer would want to see current condition, not condition the last time it was bought.

#561 10 months ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Yep... I'd claim never.
    Everyone has a smartphone (with camera) or access to somebody with one... okay, not everyone, but practically everyone when we're talking about selling a pinball machine.
    I can't even imagine who would go through the trouble to search for the old digital photos when taking new photos is so easy to do. And even if the scenario happened, a buyer would want to see current condition, not condition the last time it was bought.

It's just laziness--a seller recycles photos of the game from when they originally bought it, and uses them to sell it (again). I've seen it a few times over the years in the marketplace here. It usually doesn't take long for the seller to get called out about it, though.

#562 10 months ago
    Quoted from sparky672:

Yep... I'd claim never.

"Never is a long, long time."

When I buy something online (not just pinball), I create a file and save the pictures and the write-up that were listed. I keep this information. If I resell the same item later and the previous information is still accurate, I MAY reuse some of that information. If a previous picture of the item is materially the same and still representative, then what is the problem in using it? Truthfulness and accuracy are what matters. I am NOT scamming or cheating someone if I do this. While, I have no problem taking new pictures when needed, getting the lighting right, multiple takes, editing and cropping and then transferring multiple files to a computer for uploading, it just takes time.

You call it "lazy"; I call it efficiency.

#563 10 months ago
    Quoted from FarAway:

You call it "lazy"; I call it efficiency.

I never said that was lazy, or ever used that word. Quite the opposite. It takes more work to save and recycle the old photos and information, which is why I claimed it "never" (practically) happens.

#564 10 months ago

Added to the list:

libertygamehall.com
    pinwallstore.com
    arcademachines.com

[edit]: a couple more

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089858502966 (Vending Machines)
    facebook.com/lako.lako.526438 (Lako Lako)

#565 10 months ago
    Quoted from FarAway:

I MAY reuse some of that information.

I recommend you stop doing that so people don’t think it’s a scam. And unless you’re selling the game very soon after buying it, you could be absolutely misrepresenting the game’s condition, even if it wasn’t your intent.

#566 10 months ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090247024916 (sternpinball)

#567 10 months ago

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100076246921424 is now gamestop!
    [Previously (Eau Claire Games and Arcade, impersonating a legitimate business; or George arcade & games)]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #568 10 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093193425937 (1970s to 1990s pinball machines)

#569 10 months ago
    Quoted from Meloyelo51:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100076246921424 is now gamestop!
    [Previously (Eau Claire Games and Arcade, impersonating a legitimate business; or George arcade & games)][quoted image]

Come on facebook...how many costume changes will it take before the profile is taken down? Sheesh.

#570 10 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Come on facebook...how many costume changes will it take before the profile is taken down? Sheesh.
    [quoted image]

Same with Instagram.
    The scammer that keeps copying us out of Cameroon Africa has changed their name at least 15 times and been reported by us and several others but they still have done NOTHING to take their scam account down.

On a good note. I figured out which Stealth account they were using on IG to steal our content and blocked their ass.

Pic of scam account for reference. DO NOT SEND THESE guys money! Previously known as arcadefunmania, pinballfunmania, etc. Notice how they keep incorporating FUN in their name to dupe people into thinking they are is.

IMG_6720 (resized).jpegIMG_6720 (resized).jpeg

#571 10 months ago

I have been getting some IMs here for games I have listed. People with 0 feedback, scores, forum posts, etc. Guessing most of these are scams?

#572 10 months ago

Pretty sure this new website is also a scam. Same aholes as previous scam websites but they changed the domain name slightly

www.pinballmachinesdeals.com

I noticed they had some BS posted in Facebook marketplace.

Oh and hey, you can transfer your money straight into their bank acct to make your purchase! Or wait, they even take crypto! Lol

From their checkout:

Direct bank transfer
    Make your payment directly into our bank account. Please use your Order ID as the payment reference. Your order will not be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account.

CRYPTO CURRENCY
    PAYPAL | MOBILE BANKS | WIRE TRANSFERS

#573 10 months ago
    Quoted from CitznFish:

Pretty sure this new website is also a scam. Same aholes as previous scam websites but they changed the domain name slightly
    www.pinballmachinesdeals.com
    I noticed they had some BS posted in Facebook marketplace.
    Oh and hey, you can transfer your money straight into their bank acct to make your purchase! Or wait, they even take crypto! Lol
    From their checkout:
    Direct bank transfer
    Make your payment directly into our bank account. Please use your Order ID as the payment reference. Your order will not be shipped until the funds have cleared in our account.
    CRYPTO CURRENCY
    PAYPAL | MOBILE BANKS | WIRE TRANSFERS

Yup, added it to the list, thanks

[Edit]: also added:

facebook.com/kwenchia.georgina.9 (Vitor Vitor)

#574 10 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have been getting some IMs here for games I have listed. People with 0 feedback, scores, forum posts, etc. Guessing most of these are scams?

same here,getting PMs from people with 1 week on pinside no posts no nothing.I was thinking we should have a questionable list but cant because I cant think of a fair way to make sure there are no innocents getting damaged.

#575 9 months ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/ndille.muke (Walter Jimmy)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092397753896 (Ben Hunter)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087373104590 (Lionel Mark)

#577 9 months ago

This seems like it may be a scam site to me, but I can't be for sure. It just seems very fishy to me.

instagram.com/pinballworldusa

Can anyone confirm or deny on this on for me?

#578 9 months ago
    Quoted from JBassman:

This seems like it may be a scam site to me, but I can't be for sure. It just seems very fishy to me.
    instagram.com/pinballworldusa
    Can anyone confirm or deny on this on for me?
    [quoted image]

Yup, scammer. Thanks--added it to the list.

#579 9 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083318300429 (Emmanuel Williams)

#580 9 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

probably sometimes. i'm new, but have tried to show i'm for real by joining the site w/ a donation, verifying my address, and adding an avatar. everybody starts from scratch, right?

and with that, i've gone from lurking to making my first forum post. whee!

1 week later
    #582 9 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085073972758 (Kevin Milar)

#583 9 months ago

is this website real or fake? : pinballmachineus.online
    and then a guy named ben hunter on facebook: facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092397753896
    oops neverming on ben hunter, just found him under your scam list. guessing his website is fake then as well ha ha. thanks

#585 9 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100073345140511 (Geoff Franke)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081571956732 (Marie Tamai)
    facebook.com/etienne.andegue (Brad Middleton)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090822200002 (Jack Williams, William Copper, Jack Copper)
    bunkerhousearcade.com

#587 9 months ago

Is Carolina pinball a real company?

#588 9 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Is Carolina pinball a real company?

This?

https://www.carolinapinballs.com/

They are listed on sterns website, so yes.

#589 8 months ago

Anyone recognize these? Or wanna dig?
    User facebook.com/dona.blis joins for sale group (accidentally approved lol) just to immediately drop reference for fishy "Apartment & Condo Building" page with 2.3K hidden followers.

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085025456706 (Robert's pinball shop)

Reverse google leads to "Pinballs.com"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#590 8 months ago

Somebody's impersonating somebody

Jose Ciminelli
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100095014925614

Century Pinball
    facebook.com/centurypinball/

The Troll:
    facebook.com/groups/scammersgtfoh

Century Pinball Machines Screenshot 2023-07-29 215331 (resized).pngCentury Pinball Machines Screenshot 2023-07-29 215331 (resized).pngJC account hacked message (resized).jpgJC account hacked message (resized).jpgJC stranger things listing 7-29-2023 (resized).PNGJC stranger things listing 7-29-2023 (resized).PNG

#591 8 months ago

www.nitropinball.shop
    Unrealistic low prices, choppy website
    Stolen name and logo

#593 8 months ago

This one was just brought to our attention.
    -> SCAMMER facebook.com/PinballGameRoom/

They are copying us! I've reported them to facebook.

Not to be confused with the REAL FUN! Billiards & Gameroom Superstore
    https://www.facebook.com/pinballandmore

#594 8 months ago

Thanks guys...added to the list:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100077113221042 (Sports Shop, Weed420)
    nitropinball.shop
    facebook.com/centurypinball (Century Pinball Machines, Pinball and Vending Machine Market)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100095014925614 (Jose Ciminelli)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085025456706 (Robert's pinball shop)
    facebook.com/dona.blis (Dona Blis)

#595 8 months ago

These scammer ….. wasting everyone’s time thinking you are getting a great deal.

#596 8 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball1987:

These scammer ….. wasting everyone’s time thinking you are getting a great deal.

The entire point of scamming like this is to steal money. Most people won't fall for it (especially those who have been in the hobby for a minute), but some will. So if scammers are only successful a small handful of times, that can still be fairly lucrative. Which is why it has continued. Otherwise, if it was a failure for scammers, they would eventually stop and move onto spending their time with other kinds of scams.

#597 8 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090925344111 (Brian Tinsley)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087281019126 (Pinball Machines In USA)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086304252610 (Barbou Efa Elie)
    facebook.com/ericko.kips.35 (Ericko Kips)

Most of these are older and probably haven't been active in a good while, but I'm including them in case they go active again:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083063246731 (pinballmachine)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093880693300 (Global Pinballmachine Distributors)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078103771966 (pinballmachines)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083140181697 (pinballmachines)
    t.me/gamerspinballmachine
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100073621836191 (Pinballmachines)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083471951371 (Pinball-Machine)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083436184704 (Dokota Pinballmachines)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100084739856865 (Pinballmachineforsale)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100080902077148 (pinballmachinez)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089638686854 (pinball machines for sale and rent USA)

2 weeks later
    #598 8 months ago

Added to the list:

facebook.com/jamesctuggle (Jame C Tuggle)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081275971730 (Noah David)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100095514723599 (Pinball Machine For Sale)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091742761980 (PinBall Heaven New, Used, and Refurbished redistribution today)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100066707871511 (Refurbished And Used Pinball Machines For Sell)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091520508718 (PinBall Heaven New, Used and Refurbished redistribution)

It seems to have been relatively quiet this month. Did anyone spot any new scam sites or profiles lately?

#599 7 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550353483778 (Pinball Machine USA)
    facebook.com/pinballmachineus (Pinball Machines USA)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082615092029 (Weiler Beiler)
    facebook.com/sangano.cedric (Sangano Cedric)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070137123833 (Clarissa Martinez)
    facebook.com/profile.php?id=100073382253502 (John Martinez)
    facebook.com/njakoi.falucia (Stephen Francline)

The scammers are still going at it. Creating facebook pages, posting marketplace ads, doing sponsored ads, posting fake comments on their posts, giving positive ratings on their profiles.

Ongoing discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/299213816922644/posts/2552598651584138/

Several interesting screenshots of conversations with the scammers below.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#600 7 months ago

Added:

facebook.com/lamfu.roman (Sandro Roman)
    facebook.com/pinballroomaussie (Thierry Eck)

There are 710 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.