Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 2 years ago

Worst Survivor ever.. and the final vote also confirms how bad the season was. NO WAY Xander doesn't get one vote after the game he played.

#385 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

He played a game that plays well for us on TV. But Survivor is a game where your peers vote for you, not the TV audience.
    I remember Russel Hantz used to complain that Survivor was "broken" because the at-home favorite (the way he saw himself) kept losing the final votes. But that is the game they are playing.

Russel wasn't up against racial bias. There were actual alliances this season that only voted because of race or sex (females voting for females). It wasn't about how well anyone was playing or how Xander was going to convince anyone to vote for him. And I can't figure out how Naseer didn't vote for Xander after stating what an incredible game he played and how he (Xander) sacrificed for others. WTF?!?

I found it comical that the "preacher" Shantel made such a big deal about Race and making sure the black alliance stayed together... but all I could think of is how early on Jairus, the younger black guy on the show, gave her his idol to show that he trusted her and after he did that she orchestrated voting him out just so she could take his idol. So it was OK to burn someone she should have protected when it gave her an advantage and later criticized others for voting off members that were black!

I have never watched the show and thought to myself that I wanted anyone to win because of their race... I could care less. It's about the game they play and that's how it should be. This season was just awful to watch.

#405 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

It's not survivor if at least one contestant isn't being medically removed or taps out voluntarily because they can't take it any more. Conditions are watered-down, challenges are watered-down, and the contestants themselves are mentally, physically, and emotionally inferior to earlier casts.

They had a lot of challenges where it was puzzle heavy... no physical demand for the most part.

1 month later
    #461 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

hey Jonny, welcome to Pinside. I'd love to know what brought you here.

His grandma died and left him a big room with pinball machines

3 months later
    #535 1 year ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

***SPOILERS***

During the season my wife and I though Marianne would go first because she was just annoying. Haha.

OMG was she ever annoying... but I think she was brought along forward because no one thought she was a threat and could win it. But then again, I never thought Mike would make it either. And I'm not surprised that Romeo didn't even get one vote... all he did was sit around camp and sneak eating rice lol

6 months later
    #572 1 year ago

Cody was a good, likable guy, so you just knew he was going to be backstabbed or outplayed and indeed he was.

#585 1 year ago

****SPOILER****

Could you imagine being in the final 3, knowing this money would change you and your families lives, only to see the winner tell everyone they don't need it and they are giving it all away? Sure I am all about charity, but this seems extra messed up to me and must really sting the players there that really need it.

Also surprised Gabler won, I would not have guessed that before watching the episode, but he put up the best argument and deserved it when it was all said and done.

I also hope they change the format of the show and go down to 2 finalists in the following seasons, it just seems like the 3 is a waste of time and the 3rd person usually gets ZERO votes anyways. Make it more of a battle between 2 then watering it down between 3 finalists.

#587 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I fast forwarded most of the episode. Once Jesse was eliminated I knew Gabler would win it. Didn't watch any of the questions. Think I'm finally done with survivor since watching from day 1

I enjoyed the season, but it could have been so much better. One thing I think they could improve on is picking contestants.. None of them are interesting anymore and it seems like they pick a lot of really young players now (late teens/early 20's). I just think there is more substance in gameplay when the contestants have life experiences.

Also, they don't pick out good looking contestants anymore (haha), just an observation. The whole show used to be packed with lookers, now... not so much.

#596 1 year ago

Still kills me that he wins it all against people that that could have used the money to change their lives and he just gives it all away LMAO

#601 1 year ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

From what I read, Karla followed through on her threat and really poisoned the jury against her.

This is what happened 100%. Funny how Cassidy made such a big deal of her being a female/woman and how that was a big thing, and it was another woman that ended up sinking her.

I hate when contestants pick something that single them out and they make such a big point of why someone should side with them, ie, I'm a woman, this race, sexual preference, or "XXX" and no one that is a woman or "XXX" has won yet or we should all stick together because of a thing that has nothing to do with the game. She was constantly mentioning that all the women there should vote for her just because she was a woman and NOT because of the substance of her gameplay.

3 months later
    #660 1 year ago

At least they have gone away from all the WOKE crap! This season is pretty good IMO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there?tu=cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.