Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 734 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by WaddleJrJr
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

There are 734 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
    #651 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Bruce's thunk to the head was painful. Could clearly hear it. I knew there was no way he could stick around without being checked out in a hospital. I'm surprised they let him stay until night.

I have no idea how they thought he could stay in the game. He was clearly concussed.

Quoted from frolic:

Not sure what to make of the multiple shot in the darks being used. That one lady seemed to play it for no reason other than straight paranoia. I don't see her doing well in the game.

Do they only get one of those all game? Pretty curious move.

Quoted from frolic:

The cage in the woods was cool and spooky. Hopefully one of the other tribes will open it without everyone being there and we can see the fake bracelet get used.

Funny thing is everyone in that tribe will know about the fake idol if it makes it to the merge. Group searches are dumb. Last thing I would want is to try to hide the idol from my tribe while a camera guy is chasing me around shooting my pocket.

#652 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Are you watching the current season of Australia?

Is it streaming anywhere? I'm tired of this survivor, would like to try aus. Thx

#653 1 year ago

*spoilers*
    The shot in the darks getting used were totally unnecessary, seemed very paranoia based, made for a crazy tribal council though! Brandon got to use the idol perfectly and get out the person who was aiming to become his biggest enemy. Agree with all saying that the idol being found as a group was very anticlimactic, hopefully the other 2 idols get to take advantage of the cool setup better.

I'm not particularly impressed with the characters yet either, but only one episode in there's not a lot to go off. Carolyn the drug counselor has been the most wild and interesting in her confessionals, she could end up being fun to watch, hopefully she stays in for a while.

#654 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is it streaming anywhere? I'm tired of this survivor, would like to try aus. Thx

https://m.youtube.com/@Macy76/videos

Marioparty might be able to help you with a nicer quality video.

I watch on 10play but you need a VPN to watch there.

3 weeks later
    #655 1 year ago

What a great season Australia.

#656 12 months ago

The best seasons for me are when I change who I root for during the final few episodes and that person wins. And in this case, that happened. I am pretty happy with it. Bring on the next season!

#657 12 months ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

The best seasons for me are when I change who I root for during the final few episodes and that person wins. And in this case, that happened. I am pretty happy with it. Bring on the next season!

My favorite seasons are where they can put in twists that balance between unexpected and not too radical or abundant. This season really did that well.

Edit
    Spoilers in next post…skip if you haven’t seen yet.

#658 12 months ago

Was my favorite season, it was really good. Not that i liked george per say, he was one of those that you hate so much that you like him. No doubt he would have one if he made to the final three, and the only way any had a chance was the final vote which they did. Gerry really had no business making it that far, great guy with a awesome attitude of trust, just that he did nothing and although he dis agreed, he was a pawn

Matt just didnt have the fight, in the episode, he was the one to talk to gerry first about voting george off. Not that we know the timestamps of the editing, but he should have fought more to claim being the one to vote george off. And although he did when several immunity challenges, the only reason he was still there was because of that, as he had no social game

Liz was the best bet for winning of the final three, but again, i dont think she did anything special, this season was all george, regardless of how annoying he was, he just played a great game every day, and im still amazed he made it as far as he did

1 week later
    #659 11 months ago

my BIL just gave me a VPN access but when I go to sign up for 10Play Australia it says for me to disable my VPN before signing up.

Is there any way around this?

#660 11 months ago

At least they have gone away from all the WOKE crap! This season is pretty good IMO

#661 11 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

my BIL just gave me a VPN access but when I go to sign up for 10Play Australia it says for me to disable my VPN before signing up.

Are you using an Aussie location point?

#662 11 months ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Are you using an Aussie location point?

Yes, Melbourne.

#663 11 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

His VPN isn’t a great one…

306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    #664 11 months ago

I use (and recommend) Nord VPN, just wait for one of their deals including when you want to renew and it usually cost me 20$ a year.

I don't know what they do differently than the others I tried but I never get a you're on a VPN message or a wrong country message.

#665 11 months ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I use (and recommend) Nord VPN, just wait for one of their deals including when you want to renew and it usually cost me 20$ a year.
    I don't know what they do differently than the others I tried but I never get a you're on a VPN message or a wrong country message.

Nord is great, you get 12 devices for the same price.

1 month later
    #666 10 months ago

This thread has been dead during this current season, but the finale is now in two days.

These early comments after the first show remain relevant into the final episode.

Quoted from RTS:

My early pick to win is the nerd with glasses.

Quoted from frolic:

He'll definitely make the case for how far a data crunching super fan can get. Can his social skills match his analytical brain?

Quoted from frolic:

Casting: too early to tell much, but appreciate that drug counselor lady who seems kind of nuts

#667 10 months ago

It's been a good season. I honestly have no idea who wins.

#668 10 months ago

such a disappointing season to me. maybe after watching the austraillian series, it just makes the US ones so boring

#669 10 months ago

This season was fairly forgettable, but not awful. I prefer to see more cut- throat behavior.

There was too much loving each other, hugging and being "so proud of themselves" with how they've grown.

Jeff fricking loves that shit.

And SPOILER,

Bold move by Heidi to volunteer herself to make fire and take out Carson. But it really seems like one's fate is already determined once its down to 3. She couldn't overcome how Yam Yam had already endeared himself to all the players.

I thought Carolyn had the best back story and might've won for being underestimated.

#670 10 months ago

Seems like you can be weak & do next to nothing except for a real good social game. Time to leave that island for good!

#671 10 months ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Seems like you can be weak & do next to nothing except for a real good social game. Time to leave that island for good!

To be fair, Yam Yam earned immunity doing the psychologically toughest physical challenge there is - suffering underneath a cage during a rising tide. He showed some grit in the game too.

#672 10 months ago
    Quoted from RTS:

To be fair, Yam Yam earned immunity doing the psychologically toughest physical challenge there is - suffering underneath a cage during a rising tide. He showed some grit in the game too.

Yam Yam played an evolved version of the Adam Klein strategy--from a long way out, position yourself to be the second most likable person at the final four. That way there's an obvious threat for everyone at that stage, and you can waltz into final tribal council as the heavy favorite.

He also had a great read on everyone's position in the game the entire time (excepting that last pre-merge vote where Carolyn and Josh worked together). He managed his threat level and did it all while making himself someone the jury would have no issues voting for.

Too bad Carolyn didn't get a single vote to show for her efforts. She was a ton of fun this season. Loved the button on her breaking-the-fourth-wall confessional that started the season. She'll obviously be back.

#673 10 months ago

I did not see Yam Yam winning. I thought Heidi making the bold move to eliminate Carson was the winning move and deserved the win IMO. Caroline not getting any votes was just wrong too. O well, descent season.

#674 10 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I did not see Yam Yam winning. I thought Heidi making the bold move to eliminate Carson was the winning move and deserved the win IMO. Caroline not getting any votes was just wrong too. O well, descent season.

There was no way going into the final episode that Heidi was going to win. She was almost invisible in the edit until late in the season.

#675 10 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

There was no way going into the final episode that Heidi was going to win. She was almost invisible in the edit until late in the season.

Yeah doing nothing till the final episode aint getting it done.

Overall a decent season. Not the bullshit of the last couple.

1 week later
    #676 9 months ago

Agree - below average imo. Expectations are low for US programming in general for us

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah doing nothing till the final episode aint getting it done.
    Overall a decent season. Not the bullshit of the last couple.

1 week later
    #677 9 months ago

I don’t understand why they don’t run the Australian in America too. There are losing a lot imo.

#678 9 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I don’t understand why they don’t run the Australian in America too. There are losing a lot imo.

I don’t understand either except maybe the US franchise is afraid of getting shown up by the far superior AU show.

I’d love to see a mixup of both shows somehow with both hosts etc.

3 months later
    #679 5 months ago

Are we seeing the end?

#680 5 months ago

Went from our favorite show, to barely watchable.

#681 5 months ago

I'm enjoying the longer format. It gives the editors a chance to focus on more of the social interactions and strategic aspects of the game.

#682 5 months ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Went from our favorite show, to barely watchable.

I think I have heard this complaint for 43 seasons now.

#683 5 months ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I think I have heard this complaint for 43 seasons now.

No, just the last few seasons , more agenda focused rather than game focused.

#684 5 months ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, just the last few seasons , more agenda focused rather than game focused.

I know what you are talking about….just needed to poke fun that every season someone says this! There was less of that last season comparatively to the others since 41. This season, episode 1 was cry fest and a quitter. Second episode was better. Hopefully it trends that way.

#685 5 months ago

It can only get better

#686 5 months ago

Alone has ruined watching survivor for me, just binge watched the last season A+ again. Great show.

#687 5 months ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Alone has ruined watching survivor for me, just binge watched the last season A+ again. Great show.

I really like Alone… started watching the UK version. It’s pretty good too they pick much more average ppl.

#688 5 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I really like Alone… started watching the UK version. It’s pretty good too they pick much more average ppl.

Thanks is it on prime?

#689 5 months ago

I don't think this season is the worst, that was the first season after the pandemic, this season the first 2 voted out were not really cut out to be outdoors.

1 month later
    #690 4 months ago

Liking this season so far…
    Not greatest hits by any means but way better than last few

#691 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Liking this season so far…
    Not greatest hits by any means but way better than last few

It's not bad, but I miss the really awful personalities from earlier years. I like to see the real arrogant assholes get their comeuppance.

These players are borderline boring and forgettable. None that I care much about if they win or not. That's been the general trend in recent years.

I still watch it though.

#692 4 months ago

I actually enjoy the modern game. I think you can see people understand it is a "game" when they applaud moves that lead to them getting voted out. I think the blindside concept has been overplayed but it really is still the only show that we make time to watch as a family on a weekly basis. Everything else is just DVR and watch whenever or wait for the entire season to conclude and binge.

#693 4 months ago

I saw the intro for Heroes vs Villains reposted, and wow... they don't have the ability to create casts like this anymore. Talk about a time when giants walked the earth.

I don't know what has changed, specifically, whether it's the editing of characters, too many twists so that the personalities are muted, but it's unfortunate.

#694 4 months ago

After this week's episode, I'll say this is probably the best season and best cast of the new era.

I want Bruce to stay in the game for as long as possible. He's great television and chaos.

The auction was really well done. I loved all the new twists, from having to earn the money, to the unpredictable end, to removing comfort from the items (so that people weren't all just waiting for it).

I always enjoy endurance challenges, and we just got them back to back.

"Someone's playing Survivor" was a great quote and a great acknowledgement that there's some great game play going on, and that it was unknown to multiple people.

#695 4 months ago

Fun stuff for sure. I am watching but had to hold off on visiting the thread until I caught up.

IMG_1822 (resized).jpegIMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    #696 4 months ago

Auction was fun.

#697 4 months ago

I liked the money twist… that was really cool.
    Vote twist was okay.
    Advantage twist I didn’t like.

Overall Australia runs a better auction house imo.

#698 4 months ago
    Quoted from frolic:

After this week's episode, I'll say this is probably the best season and best cast of the new era.
    I want Bruce to stay in the game for as long as possible. He's great television and chaos.
    The auction was really well done. I loved all the new twists, from having to earn the money, to the unpredictable end, to removing comfort from the items (so that people weren't all just waiting for it).
    I always enjoy endurance challenges, and we just got them back to back.
    "Someone's playing Survivor" was a great quote and a great acknowledgement that there's some great game play going on, and that it was unknown to multiple people.

That was a great episode. Hopefully Survivor will continue to be about the game and not about identity politics or virtue signaling of some of the post pandemic seasons.

#699 4 months ago

I think this season has been the weakest yet. 2 players that didn’t even want to be there anymore, thankfully gone, but cmon.

#700 4 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think this season has been the weakest yet. 2 players that didn’t even want to be there anymore, thankfully gone, but cmon.

It would've been a great twist if they couldn't quit, but HAD to be voted out.

And then have the remaining players keep them as pawns to bring to the final three.

I know they voted the last guy who missed his boyfriend boo hoo, but they should've kept him in against his wishes.

There are 734 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.