pasted_image (resized).png
received_399185532583549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4378.jpeg
costanza (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 32.
#1551 76 days ago

More of the complaint

Messenger_creation_9ff93fe4-fac0-445c-97b7-dad6b6027704 (resized).pngMessenger_creation_9ff93fe4-fac0-445c-97b7-dad6b6027704 (resized).pngMessenger_creation_d11847ff-cdb7-4c94-b103-d09dc860202b (resized).pngMessenger_creation_d11847ff-cdb7-4c94-b103-d09dc860202b (resized).png
#1552 76 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

More of the complaint[quoted image][quoted image]

You should probably black out d0n's last name and address in there.
He hasn't been protective about that, but still.

#1553 76 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You should probably black out d0n's last name and address in there.
He hasn't been protective about that, but still.

Yep, my bad, I didn't notice. Fixed now!

#1554 76 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep, my bad, I didn't notice. Fixed now!

Just a heads up that Don's last name is still visible in point #2 of the Statement of Facts.

Speaking of the Statement of Facts, why does it matter, as fact, that Don is "a 57 year old retired Air B&B owner"? How is this relevant?

Anyways, if someone wants to spend $6 "CAN" you can access the entire filing. I have 0 clue what would be included in this but it is likely just the complete filing of what we are seeing portions of here. And by no means am I trying to be the blueberryjohnson of the Punny Factory playfield fiasco, but here's where it can be found if you search for file #253122

https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/civil/fileSearch.do

Alternately if you do a search by Party Name, I used "Pinball Adventures" as the Organization search term to find this.

#1555 76 days ago
Quoted from Smack:

Just a heads up that Don's last name is still visible in point #2 of the Statement of Facts.
Speaking of the Statement of Facts, why does it matter, as fact, that Don is "a 57 year old retired Air B&B owner"? How is this relevant?
Anyways, if someone wants to spend $6 "CAN" you can access the entire filing. I have 0 clue what would be included in this but it is likely just the complete filing of what we are seeing portions of here. And by no means am I trying to be the blueberryjohnson of the Punny Factory playfield fiasco, but here's where it can be found if you search for file #253122
https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/civil/fileSearch.do
Alternately if you do a search by Party Name, I used "Pinball Adventures" as the Organization search term to find this.

You are very much welcome to be the me of this. Encouraged, even!

#1556 76 days ago

Lol...

missing from the complaint... several lines that should say "and then magic happened here..."

And it seems Square acts as an intermedite here... since they don't have the vendor work with Visa, etc directly. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3882-payment-disputes-walkthrough

"refund" maybe Square's terminology - but the reason they are taking the money from the vendor and giving it back to the customer is because they lost the dispute. Pretty sure the credit card company, not Square's policy is the one to enforce here. So who cares what drone Square employee says... what does the credit card company say to the customer and square.

The belief of losing 10 game sales turning into 250k is rich...

#1557 76 days ago
Quoted from Smack:

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that's pretty standard stuff for identification purposes.
You want to be very clear about who you're suing, and that you have the correct Don or d0n.

#1558 76 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

More of the complaint
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haymaker please post the cyberterrorism pages

#1559 76 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Lol...
missing from the complaint... several lines that should say "and then magic happened here..."
And it seems Square acts as an intermedite here... since they don't have the vendor work with Visa, etc directly. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3882-payment-disputes-walkthrough
"refund" maybe Square's terminology - but the reason they are taking the money from the vendor and giving it back to the customer is because they lost the dispute. Pretty sure the credit card company, not Square's policy is the one to enforce here. So who cares what drone Square employee says... what does the credit card company say to the customer and square.
The belief of losing 10 game sales turning into 250k is rich...

Ditto for saying they “sold over 30”

#1560 76 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that's pretty standard stuff for identification purposes.
You want to be very clear about who you're suing, and that you have the correct Don or d0n.

That's a good point and what I landed on as well after re-reading it. I should probably keep my legal analysis to myself so I don't get roped into this

#1561 76 days ago

Nearly forgot to say that the new development of an actual lawsuit is:
1. Ludicrously stupid.
2. Fitting with prevoius events.
3. Fitting for the parties involved.
4. Sure to benefit no one besides the attorneys. (Unless you count entertainment value.)
5. Sure to bring no satisfaction to either party.
6. Yet more evidence to stay away from Pinball (Mis)Adventures.
7. Hillarious

#1562 76 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ditto for saying they “sold over 30”

FOOT IN MOUTH. That idiot just told the entire world he couldn’t even sell 60% (probably more) of his steaming piles of garbage.

Scamdrew is like the Elmer Fudd of business owners.

#1563 76 days ago

If they did lose 10 sales it certainly was not don's doing but Andrew's after they saw the horrible product and customer service, but even more likely is:

1. Many more options that are a lot more enticing have hit the market recently
2. Many people saw what a turd it was at Expo and other shows

#1564 76 days ago

Head of company acts like shithead... sues people over it.

Bad news for him is... exposing the truth isn't slander.

Imagine how much time and money this guy must spend trying to defend all his crap 'as seen on TV' kind of products online.

#1565 69 days ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Donald Hopkins
Top contributor
·
We bought a Punny Factory from pinball adventures. The owner of the business is Andrew Mcbain...

SantaEatsCheese any chance we can key post #979 for others? Saw the lawsuit and had to dig to find where the d0n saga actually began... Wasn't clear what was going on in the this lawsuit...

Update: thanks kindly!

#1566 67 days ago

Knapp says Punny Factory creator is nearing completion on their new game after a 4 month break.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/weekend-update-pinball-adventures-candy-cabs-blues-brothers

#1567 66 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Knapp says Punny Factory creator is nearing completion on their new game after a 4 month break.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/weekend-update-pinball-adventures-candy-cabs-blues-brothers

It's a race to the bottom between Pinball Adventures and Homepin.

#1568 65 days ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It's a race to the bottom between Pinball Adventures and Homepin.

At least Mike is up front about the kind of guy he is, and I believe he makes games and parts for the right reasons, not just to live some fantasy of telling people you're a pinball mogul. Plus, he is actually out there hustling and making things happen.

2 months later
#1569 3 days ago

Checked out PinballAdventures.com for the first time in a long time.

All of the celebrity soundalikes are gone

So are all of the pin products. Did anyone ever order any?

The only thing you can buy now are $6 and 7k Punny Factorys. https://www.pinballadventures.com/product-category/pinball-adventure-products/pinball-games/

7 of the 12 engraved edition units are still available.

Elements appears to have some new stuff (https://www.pinballadventures.com/elements-pinball/)

The quality of the photo makes the backbox LCD look like an 80s CRT
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.09.05?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.09.05?AM (resized).png

And you can get a custom aluminum logo to add to the look and feel of the medieval-themed game

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.10.22?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.10.22?AM (resized).png

Always loved those knights in aluminum armor

And last but not least is the YOM system to play songs randomly during your game

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.15.56?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-24 at 12.15.56?AM (resized).png

Yom yom yom

#1570 3 days ago

Supply your own music because we realized it was hard to make our own and musicians apparently want payment

Surprised they haven’t totally thrown their hands in the air and gone “open source” like HomePin and Blues Brothers.

#1571 3 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The only thing you can buy now are $6 and 7k Punny Factorys. https://www.pinballadventures.com/product-category/pinball-adventure-products/pinball-games/
Elements appears to have some new stuff (https://www.pinballadventures.com/elements-pinball/)
[quoted image]
And you can get a custom aluminum logo to add to the look and feel of the medieval-themed game
[quoted image]
And last but not least is the YOM system to play songs randomly during your game
[quoted image]
Yom yom yom

More baffling decisions that will surely sell 3-7 machines if any at all

#1572 27 hours ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Yom yom yom

Medieval???? Didn’t Elements used to have a magical ninja samurai and giant serpent with the pyramids of Egypt on it? It’s more like some shitty knockoff of a bad 80s sci-fi movie. Python already did that a ton BACK IN THE 80s!!! (And 90s)

You also gotta love that boring, matte black backbox with weird half-sized LCD. Didn’t wanna spend money on art, NOR spend money on a decent screen. Just cheap out on the whole damn thing.

Scamdrew makes the weirdest fucking choices. It’s as if he wants to ensure failure in every product.

#1573 16 hours ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Medieval???? Didn’t Elements used to have a magical ninja samurai and giant serpent with the pyramids of Egypt on it? It’s more like some shitty knockoff of a bad 80s sci-fi movie. Python already did that a ton BACK IN THE 80s!!! (And 90s)
You also gotta love that boring, matte black backbox with weird half-sized LCD. Didn’t wanna spend money on art, NOR spend money on a decent screen. Just cheap out on the whole damn thing.
Scamdrew makes the weirdest fucking choices. It’s as if he wants to ensure failure in every product.

The matte black backbox is actually that chalkboard paint. Its their new AYOA system: Add Your Own Artwork. Its actually a feature. You're just a hater and a troll, obviously!

#1574 15 hours ago

I checked out their website, and I'm really looking forward to this Volt machine .. look at the glowing quote written about it.

Funny, though, it doesn't attribute the quote to anyone. I wonder why?

Screenshot_20240627_120312_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240627_120312_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1575 14 hours ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I checked out their website, and I'm really looking forward to this Volt machine .. look at the glowing quote written about it.

[quoted image]

Anything with a z substituted for an S is lame already

Lovefinderrz??

#1576 14 hours ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Lovefinderrz??

I'm sure you are making an exception for LumaLegz, right? No way you would imply that THOZE are lame!

#1577 13 hours ago

[quoted image]

Is that image supposed to be showing on the screen of the TV or is the logo of a game about electricity just placed over the top of an old school TV for some reason?

Heres a link to the original image btw: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xxe4O

#1578 13 hours ago

It's just not the same without the Andrew Dice Clay Fivrr guy.

It was truly "fair use" at its finest.

#1579 12 hours ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Lovefinderrz??

YoU nEeD deeZ!

#1580 11 hours ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just not the same without the Andrew Dice Clay Fivrr guy.
It was truly "fair use" at its finest.

Hopefully all the glory lives on somewhere deep within archive.org (though that would have required someone caring enough to archive stuff from the site).

#1581 11 hours ago

[quoted image]

Shades of ballarama!

#1582 7 hours ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

More baffling decisions that will surely sell 3-7 machines if any at all

Now d0n is out, maybe a couple to some innocent, don't know better Canadians, which is where he's located with is mounties that can come and force chargebacked games.

There are 1,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.