pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4378.jpeg
costanza (resized).png
main-qimg-705ef6c31cf22ebae587c893d875c2b9.gif
download (4) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Thank you all for the support, positive comments and pre-orders we have received following the introduction of the Punny Factory Pinball Machine.

lol we all know you're a swindler, or at least a hype man for yourself. Trying to paint things in the best possible light even if its not fully true, but thanking people for preorders? Lmao now thats funny. Ain't nobody preording this thing.

1 month later
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Well, then it must be true.

it is true.

Can pinballbuzz do anything more to prove what a crook and just a general scoundrel he is. The game is laughable and the man behind it is a joke.

7 months later
#222 3 years ago

Yeah I keep seeing people say things like "they are doing what deeproot can't haha!" except theres no actual manufacturing going on that we can see. Supposedly each game is being hand built by 2 guys and a 3rd for quality control? They claim they can "comfortably" build 10-20 games per month. Thats more than Spooky if I'm not mistaken! Lets not forget that Andrew is a known liar (allegedly)

So lets just get this straight. Each game is hand built by 2-3 people at 10-20 units a month. Screen printed and clearcoated 2 times with sanding in between for the cabinets outside AND inside. Built with high end wood. Specialty clear coated playfield. All kinds of other bells and whistles, and the price will be around $5500. Big if true, and hell of a lot of work for a title nobody will want by a guy nobody wants to deal with. Good luck!

4 months later
#230 3 years ago

We can only hope for pinballbuzz to chime in with more of his wonderful personality. YAWN

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

If anyone feels the need to insult our company, pinball machines or videos—for us caring about the future enjoyment of pinball, please leave this space immediately and consider seeking help. Your negativity is not healthy and it is not welcome.

no u

Quoted from Tomass:

Well this will surely end well. This must be your firat day here.

lol nah, check out his posting history, and look into his scam pinball book and beef with Todd Tuckey. Great guy.

#274 3 years ago

I always wanted to buy a pinball machine from Wish.com Billy Mays

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Some gameplay footage has been updated. nice light show.

Honestly, I'd rather own Mafia than this game even putting aside how cringe Andrew is. Wow I can build my multiplier by completing lanes, how original, plus I get to hear a grating Don Knotts impersonation the whole time. How could anyone resist? I really hope Dave Sanders can get some real work sometime in the future, he deserves better.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Mafia is the absolute worst modern game I have every tried to play - just awful

Yes, I have no doubt. Thats how bad this looks to me. Even if Andrew wasn't a complete clown, everything about this game baffles me. This has to be some sort of ploy to just get a tax break or something. Theres no way somebody dumped this much money into such a terrible idea.

Quoted from Rarehero:

“Cringe.” That should be his next theme.
“Oh no! Dad found internets and the cringes are loose!”

You could fight back by posting boomer memes and fighting "trolls"

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's like saying Diner is as bad as Punny Factory. It's just not. Yes, Deeproot is easy to hate, but Food Truck could be a good theme in the right hands. I'd buy an Elwin JJP (before price increase) Food Truck sight unseen.
Face it, Punny Factory is the king of turds. Name a full release title that can even compete. Maybe Juicy Melons?

Deeproot is JJP and Robert Mueller is Charlie Emery compared to this horrendous idea of a game and clown of a owner. Again, this has to be some sort of tax scheme because theres zero chance of recouping any sort of investment on this.

1 year later
#427 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Can someone explain the deal with the toys?

Lol hydrodipped, aka spray paint sprayed in water and 3d printed junk dipped into the water.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It’s a lost cause.
After Heighway, and deeproot, and other such scams/bad faith businesses, pinheads are desperate to shovel cash into yet another dumpster fire.
It’s insanity. He’s missed every deadline, he’s vague as hell, we see almost nothing meaningful besides what amounts to a homebrew project, he’s “innovating” in all wrong the areas, AND HE ALREADY SCAMMED PEOPLE ONCE WITH THE BOOK VENTURE.
It is truly beyond words how pinball folk take a gold medal in hurdling over red flags to give some clown their money.

Pinballbuzz is already a known scammer and jackwagon, the games are a complete joke, and yes, every InNoVaTiOn is complete idiocy.

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Who did we scam? Please show your proof before posting total lies. It’s morons like you that ruin this industry.
Pretty large homebrew project.

I guess we'll just ignore your crappo pinball book that turned out to be a huge scam then on top that of you tried to drag Todd Tuckey through the mud, or that your whole empire is built on infomercial grifts, or that a ton of things you've promised on this release have already been broken. Yeah..its definitely somebody else being a moron ruining the industry though...

#432 1 year ago

There is more technical ways to do it, but you get a lot better/different results than what their showing in their video and they shouldn't be "different in every pinball machine sold". Its clearly the quick and fast (aka crappy) way of doing it. more lies.

Kudos on molded parts I guess?

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

What scam? The misprint of 100 books that were then properly re-printed and sent out to the buyers at no cost?
If you did your research you would know we are on book #8 and have posted pictures using moulds for our games.
Hydro dipping is very technical and unique using expensive chemicals and safety equipment not just spray paint!
And what do you think all the other pinball companies use on their toys ...... crayons?
What empire we haven’t released anything yet or taken a dime from anyone!
Boy seems like a lot of misleading information for a guy who posts a hell of a lot with Isochronic_Frost as your back-up buddy.
Thank God you’re not working in the media. Now I know where the term fake news comes from.
A picture to remind you of the word research and hard work before posting.
[quoted image]

Wow so nice for you to take your low quality book that wasn't anything like what was promised and fixed one technical error. Would be nice if the pages weren't thinner than tissue paper on the second run too.

8 books now? Wow. Did you ever release the Todd Tuckey smear campaign one you advertise on your website? Or the two other books that are coming in 2021? I only see 4 books on your amazon page and website, all with horrible reviews, plus your 2 punny factory books that nobody buys. I hope your games are better than your shovelware books. If I wanted shovelware books I'd at least get some books by Chuck Tingle (hes got almost 350 books!), so I could get a laugh. At least you admit to your book grift, yet another slimeball move, although you couldn't help but to embellish again.

51hJj+QrVxL (resized).jpg51hJj+QrVxL (resized).jpg

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Don't speak ill of Chuck Tingle
(I once got modded just for posting some of his book covers before, so watch out)

I unironically would never speak ill of Chuck Tingle. That guy is a genius!

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

What a bunch or Clowns!!!
The trolls once again and ruin it for everyone with fictitious accusations in theft, racism and scamming with absolutely zero evidence to back any of it up.
And where are the moderators..... you guessed it sleeping at the wheel once again. What a colossal waste of time posting anything on this forum!
I guess any updates are better left to our website, YouTube and Instagram accounts.
Later……. Trolls....[quoted image]

TLDR:
*Clutches pearls and goes home*

Updates better left to places where you can control the narrative instead of have to talk about the truth, I think is what you mean

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

There's a whole long thread on him trashing Todd after the Vegas trip. He's not a good guy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-n-tuckey-book-deal-1o-volumes
Here's hoping you and Pinball News put him on the pay-no-mind list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-s-response-to-pinball-adventures-book-deal-termination-

This one is a bit shorter and gets to the point quicker too but really both should be read, plus just Andrew's post in general around the forum are generally just eyebrow raising.

So which of you bought out all the Pinball Adventure products? 4 of 5 out of stock or on backorder.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In all honesty I remember looking at the pause button and thinking of a few times I could have used that. I'm not paying $30 for 10 cents worth of 3d printed crap though from a design I'm sure he just stole off thingaverse or someone else, and if I was going to do it I certainly wouldn't be buying it from Andrew.

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Somewhat of an aside, but if you have a Spike 2 machine there is essentially a "pause" button you can employ by opening the coin door. But first you need to set the Standard Adjustment for Coindoor Ball Saver to Yes. This is adjustment #61 for me on Deadpool.
If you turn that on and open the coin door the game will remember how many balls you had in play and when you close it they will be returned to the shooter lane.

Really?? That's awesome, I never knew that. I'm gonna set my DP up that way. Thanks for the tip!

#501 1 year ago

We like you, Todd. Sorry you got screwed over.
Any inside info to share on what the heck is actually going on with these Pinball Adventures making pinball plans? I certainly don't understand the angle of years and years of (presumably) spending money on ever-changing concept artwork, parts R&D, storage space, subcontract manufacturing, etc, etc to still not release even a crappy game.

AND in addition, I think the QR codes thing was a great idea. Funny especially now since we all use QR codes to log in on Stern games. Is Andrew's staff a bunch of people from the nursing home?

"I don't know what a QR code is and my fingers hurt..."
"yeah well now your back is going to hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty!"

Quoted from PinballBuzz:

All the people we have interacted with in the past few years have never heard of pinside go figure…

Probably the QR code people

1 month later
#509 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is Pinball Adventure a pinball company ran by ChatGPT?

ChatGPT has 100x more brilliant ideas than anything Andrew has come up with or has said...ever.

LOL @ the 8.5 second certified roll cage under the playfield.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

so build status has been this way for months........where are these?![quoted image]

Complete horseshit, just like everything else

#530 1 year ago

Cause girls is playas too.

JFC lmaoooo. This is levels of cringe not previously known to mankind. How is any of this even real life?

I just hope he's not taking advantage of poor Dave Sanders

3 weeks later
#552 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Hope to see all the gossiping, troll, have no idea what they are talking about , fake news posters in this thread’s games there as well.

Well if you're there and see your reflection, you will get your wish!

2 weeks later
#574 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Definitely not at TPF. Dude is stuffed full of steaming crap. There's no game.....

The 1st 2 things you said are true, but there is definitely a game. In fairness, he said himself that he wouldn't be at TPF but will be at Yegpin, Seattle, and Expo this year. Plus we'll get to see the exciting reveal of the next game nobody will care about at expo!

3 weeks later
#581 12 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Kaneda's heart is gonna expand 3 times like the Grinch and he's gonna fall in love with this game just you watch

Considering Todd Tuckey and Kaneda are friends and and we all know about the story between scumbag Andrew and Todd, I highly doubt it. Plus its obvious that the game is a complete joke (sorry Dave) just like PA in general

#589 12 months ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

No apologies necessary. Besides, Andrew starting small with (in all fairness) a cheap and cheerful 'vanity' game to promote a brand he owns gives him something tangible besides practical experience to build from, even if this first machine meets universal derision in these parts as a product. I've also seen far worse launch trailers than that one.

I know, you're a great sport about it. But as I've gone over before, I like you, so I really hate to dookie on things you've worked on. I really look forward to the day when I can praise a Dave Sanders project! Look, as much as I dislike Andrew, everything pinball adventures does (hate might be a strong word for that because the hilarious cringe factors are high) and everything I have seen so far about this game, at the end of the day, I'm gonna call a spade a spade, just like I always do. So if something is good, I will say so....I just have a lot of doubts Pinball Adventures will ever pull off anything that isn't a lolcow.

#626 11 months ago

He must be independently wealthy to flounder since 2019 and still not need to make any sales. He’s claimed multiple times he has sold many or all of the PF run.
Something isn’t adding up. Money has to come from somewhere, he has a few prototypes after 4 years. Are people really no suspicious at all?? Have they learned nothing? Is the team getting paid or are passionate hobbyists being taken for a ride?

He is independently wealthy from all his infomercial products he's sold over the years. Its pretty funny when you think about it because it just makes so much sense. Grandiose claims trying to hype up some cheap piece of crap and hopefully rope enough suckers in with it to make a few bucks.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Either you’ve taken deposits or you’ve taken no money. It can’t be both. One of the two contradictory statements you made is a lie.

Hes caught in lies all the time, and then he just says "you have no proof" or calls us "fake news" even when we show the proof clear as day. Hell its already happened a couple times in this thread alone.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

I like that Andrew follows Pinsider ratings and therefore knows that Isochronic_Frost has had his posts monitered 22 times in over 6 years.
Since he takes the ratings so seriously, perhaps he might do some self reflection and hire a PR guy as he doesn't seem to be doing him or his company any favors.
[quoted image]

Thats funny coming from the guy who has probably one of the lowest up/down vote ratios on pinside at a hilarious 16.6%.

Looks like Andrew has me blocked now, which is sad because now I have to take extra steps to laugh at this ridiculous posts.

#642 11 months ago
Quoted from koji:

I'd wager two demographics I can think of:
1 - Person who loves playing a challenging classic layout. They don't like ramps (yes they exist). And has the financial budget to acquire new machines. I think there are many who like the layout.. The theme is a challenge for me, but if I compare it to the themes of some of the 80s street levels, I mean, it's a gem... so it become nostalgia VS something pulled off and implemented really well (the puns and sounds and the package does come nicely). This gets a lot more niche when you put down the New machine price point.. this is where I think of the Fathom remakes, perhaps justified cost based on the $ you pay for a fully restored fathom?
2 - The collector's who like to have different games and will buy NIB if it's something interesting enough to them.
These are much smaller niche markets.. but they exist.

Good call! Just like all the same people who couldn't wait to buy Mafia, and we all remember what a success that game was!

3 weeks later
#671 11 months ago

Everyone's favorite podcaster is offering pizza parties to the staff of boutique pinball companies if they do a FB live and give a factory tour. So far Spooky and Dutch have both taken him up on the offer and gave awesome and informative tours of their factories in action.

In a classic Andrew move, he tried to game the system by just making a regular staged video of a factory tour. When Chris said that didn't count because its supposed to be a live tour during a normal day, Andrew, in yet another classic Andrew move, got real big mad, blocked Chris and started bad mouthing him and generally acting like a huge baby. Now before anyone gets too thrilled because Kaneda makes them real mad too, just remember that A. Andrew was a big fan and supporter of Chris before this. and B. The getting a live tour of a factory to get a pizza party for the staff is objectively a good thing and a win/win for buyers and manufacturers.

#701 11 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Wow I wasn't aware he copied text and pictures from my website !
Email sent to request removal of these pages.

Please be sure to let us know how that goes

#704 11 months ago

I wish the whole site was just stolen caricature artwork of outdated celebs with bad fivver impersonators reading shitty scripts. I mean the site is probably already 40% that but I want more! Nothing gets me more pumped up to buy the pinball wedge than having a shitty Andrew Dice Clay explain to me why he needs to pause the game, complete with poorly photoshopped stolen art! Andrew is a comedy genius, just not in the way he thinks.

https://www.pinballadventures.com/pinball-pause/

#732 11 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Andrew has been nothing but kind and generous to myself and pinball friends in our region (We have a great community here in BC, Canada).
Inviting anyone to drop by and check out what he's working on.
I really can't agree with anything horrible, scammy, and embarrassing about that.

"he was nice to me, so I can overlook the other countless shitty things he's verifiably done over the years" Have you ordered from Mad Amusements lately? That thread could use a resurrection of another person who thinks they are fine because they got their parts.

#742 11 months ago
Quoted from koji:

I'm just speaking from my personal interactions and experience.
Tough to quantify everything, I don't disagree with a lot of what has been said. At the same time, any discussion of Pinball Adventures in the same breath as Deep Root, jPop and the lot is an insult to those who were truly victims of scam IMHO-
Mad Amusements is an interesting analogy for debate. Right along with many other vendors it seems unfortunately.
For me, scam is a pretty big accusation, one that has been used way to lightly to refer to a product of poor quality / value etc.

His book he did with Todd was a literal scam, not to mention he was nice to Todd too, until he wasn't. The book wasn't what was promised and of horrible quality. Then he claimed to have made everyone whole that had ordered the book and immediately several people came out to say they were absolutely not made whole. If not a scammer, a swindler and a grifter at best, and thats a pretty thin line anyway if you ask me.

#764 10 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

all you have to do is log out of your pinside account and view the thread to see everything

Easier way: Copy the link of the page you're currently viewing. Open incognito window. Paste thread link into incognito window. You can now read the blocked responses (still can't reply to them)

2 weeks later
#821 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Wasn’t the deal that Andrew had written a series of kids books, one of which was Punny Factory? Leveraging his own existing IP for a pin at least makes some sense, even if there’s not much obvious crossover between “kids book buyers” and “pinball buyers”.

Andrew makes shovelware books but although its possible he's sold a couple copies, theres zero reviews on his 2 punny factory books at amazon. Also they are from 2019 and the game was known before then, so best case scenario they coincide with the game. Lets just call it what it is though, the books are shovelware simply so andrew can say hes an author and has written multiple books to help lend some credence to his name.

#823 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I imagine those books are pretty cut and paste low effort like a lot of "joke" books on Amazon. I can't imagine the flood of AI books on Amazon now...

I kinda just want to get the books and see how much of it (if any...in fairness) is plagiarized, or just how terrible and cheap they are. All the volumes of the pinball adventures books have terrible reviews that get worse with each installment.

1 month later
#835 9 months ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Sharing Donald Hopkins post on FB as he requested
“Be wary buying a game from #pinballadventures I got the very 1st engraved (1 of 10 limited editions) punny factory pinball games and it's absolute horseshit. The playfield looks like someone threw salt on it before they clear coated it.
The games display didnt work out of the box. I had to wait 6 days for them to ship a part to fix it. So many problems on this game that I am still fixing them and even reengineering other poor choices they made when designing the game.
Andrew Mcbain's solution was to send me another NIB game (a standard edition) that I could swap out the playfields (by unplugging 5 connectors) and take the standard edition game to SFGE in Atlanta, set it upfor him and then hopefully sell it.
That changed recently to "we're going to send you an unpopulated playfield and that's it."
The advertised "pipe handles" are missing my my plexiglass backglass. I could go on and on and on posting pics that would make you ask... WTF were they thinking!?
I want to shout from the highest mountain what a lying POS andrew mcbain is! Please be really careful buying a game from them because this is what they think is acceptable to send to the very first customer of their very first Limited Edition $7000 game.”
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just came here to post this too. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that Andrew delivered a poor quality product and refuses to do a proper job fixing it. I mean, it's not like he has a track record of doing exactly that! Sad

#856 9 months ago

Say what you will about D0n. He's an....interesting guy. I really did not care for him much when he was around here but I could coexist with him just fine. I've gotten to know him a little better through a chance encounter on facebook. He's actually an allright dude but he is definitely a wild card. From what I understand, according to Andrew there is another side to this story, and I am sure that is the case just kind of knowin D0n, and to be honest I look forward to hearing it. That said, Andrew is a known deflector and bullshit artist so anything he says I will be taking with a grain of salt and a lot of the pics D0n provided really speak for themselves.

You can laugh that D0n ended up being the guinea pig that got burnt on this deal and honestly I understand that point of view since he can be a pretty divisive guy. I look at it like this- if anyone was going to get burned, its good that it was D0n only for the fact that hes somebody that won't hold back. If Andrew was smart he'd know the kind of guy he was dealing with and be extra careful to make sure everything looked good before that game hit the streets. Shocker, that did not happen.

According to D0n he kept quiet and gave Andrew plenty of time to try and make things right. Sounds more than fair to me. This was PA's chance to make a good first impression. I'm sure a big reason D0n bought the game in the first place was to help promote his arcade airBNB so I can even cut him a little slack there. Its also worth noting that D0n didn't ask or beg anyone to be his lackey. I think Pooky took it upon himself to post this and I came to post it myself only after personally asking D0n (to which he was happy to spread the word).

The game is a mess. That clear is just...ungodly bad. The amount of slack in the wires (or lack thereof) is comical and yeah plenty of fun to track down when you snap one and they are all the same color. This is only a handful of the issues the game has had so far. I wonder how much down time it'll have when it starts hitting all the show circuits.

#874 9 months ago

still better sound that El Dorado Lost City of Gold

#886 9 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The rhythm, which is the squeaky sound, is -seriously- nothing more than a rusty box spring from a redneck porno.
Listen again and prove me wrong.

kinda reminds me of that song "some cut" by Trillville.

1 week later
#898 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Whenever I get bored, I look at Andrew's site. It's the best
https://www.pinballadventures.com/fruit-o-matics/
>Fruit-O-Matics Pinball Machine is the perfect mix of Pokemoon[sic], Indiana Jones with a touch of the Smurfs. Fruit-O-Matics entertains on so many levels you won't be disappointed

did he change the description already? I can't find that particular wording. If he saw this and then immediately changed it that would be pure comedy

1 month later
#933 7 months ago

I like Don, and I'll never police who a person decides to be friends with, but man, its sad that Andrew has had to resort to reeling in a hungry up and comer to drum up any promotion for his game these days. Don is aware of Andrew's well deserved reputation but he'll continue to be cordial until the wheels fall off this relationship. Gonna be awkward at Expo since Don will be at the PA booth and I am excited to chit chat with him a bit, but I'll really have to bite my tongue around Andrew.

#935 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Punny Adventures is exclusively being sold to guys named Don?

lol it is a strange coincidence

#947 7 months ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Did Don take his shirt off during the stream?

Its a different Don, although he might if you asked him during a stream

#948 7 months ago
Quoted from Nintendoguy:

Don's stream is of Engraved Edition #10 at Quarter Up in Akron, OH. The game currently sits at just over 1,300 plays as of now.
The main issues currently are the trough kick out power needs an adjustment setting, the vari target needs adjusted and the right flipper needs adjusted / possibly rebuilt.
Pinball Adventures has sent updated software that should allow coil power to be adjusted.
Having unboxed games from most of the other manufacturers I can say this game needed very little to start flipping.
This theme and game are meant as proof of concept that PA can build and ship games. That it isn't a DeepRoot, Zidware, or Heighway situation where customers are left holding the bag.
It is understood that this isn't for everyone. As a pinball enthusiasts I am always happy to see more pinball available to play. As a distributor I can say that PA has been fun to work with.

Thats all fine and dandy I guess if we're just totally ignoring all the scumbag moves the owner of Pinball Adventures has done over the years.

Quoted from kool1:

I wouldn't buy one but it actually looked fairly fun to play.
I definitely wish them well - at least they have made and shipped games. Hopefully the next game is better!

Dave Sanders is a good designer who doesn't get enough credit for his work and is sadly often roped in by unsavory characters to make their games. I hope some day he gets the big break he truly deserves.

Quoted from Nintendoguy:

We need THIS positivity in pinball!

Tell that to Andrew lmfao

#959 7 months ago

Lol I can't wait to tell Don that Blueballs Johnson thinks he has a "golden throat"

As far as Elements goes, the art is horrible but hopefully that at least means its not stolen. Quadraphonic sound though! Damn! Peak 70's lingo there.

#964 7 months ago

Possibly the worst shooter rod of all time on elements

FB_IMG_1694237005259 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1694237005259 (resized).jpg
#966 7 months ago
Quoted from Nintendoguy:

New here absolutely. New to pinball not so much. Punny Factory is built primarily with Williams parts. So unless those become difficult to source all of the sudden I don't see the paper weight scenario happening. Games with obsolete and quickly becoming unobtainable Spike 1 boards will be paper weights first. Punny is running on a Raspberry Pi. Again easily obtainable.
At the end of the day I tend to support fresh new pinball. Maybe you will be proven correct and PA will dissolve. Maybe they will only make dozens of games. Regardless they put out more games then a lot of other bigger names.

You may not be "new to pinball" but your understanding of pinball might as well be. "Built with primarily b/w parts" wut? I got a newsflash for you: just because a game has b/w style flippper assemblies doesn't mean it's built with b/w parts.b/w parts pretty much don't exist anymore. It may use pinball life parts that many manufacturers use and are semi reasonable reproductions of bally williams parts but b/w parts they are not. Who cares anyway? Just because it uses those parts means nearly nothing. Yeah most pinball machines use the same coils and similar links and plungers to drive their assemblies. Cgc and jjp both use b/w style assemblies and their flippers feel like crap compared to b/w because of the way they are driven. Nobody is worried about the mechs. Its all the other stuff that actually matters that people are worried about. The shoddy wiring, the weird boardset, the parts that are exclusive to whatever junk PA is using and tons of other things that are worrisome that you're just simply glossing over, and yeah this obviously is ignoring the history Andrew has created for himself.

#974 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why is there no (TM) after, Pinboard? And shouldn't it be spelled as, Pinbored ?
[quoted image]

Was it designed by Carrot Top?

#983 7 months ago
Quoted from koji:

My takeaway:
It's always good to deal with a reputable pinball distributor. I feel the good ones provide a service to buyers in this industry. Let me be clear, this is nothing against PinballAdventures directly... Just like all the issues from JJP and Stern.. your odds of getting things sorted out are better when you have a distributor brokering the support.
Pinball Adventures said they would ship a blank PF. Not sure if that was truly rescinded or not...?

Don worked with Mad pinball, who is a good distributor. Mad tried to work it out with PA but Andrew straight out refused. This according to D0n.

Also something that was pointed out to me is Pinball Adventures 5 DAY WARRANTY. Yes, you read that right, 5 days. Ok it does day "5 day return period" which maybe or maybe not is equal to "warranty" but still very eyebrow raising
received_298635302896823 (resized).jpgreceived_298635302896823 (resized).jpg

#1006 7 months ago

Same old embellished story as attention seeker Todd posted at the beginning of this thread.
Do not want to feed the Trolls who track all our movements and feel the need to report on us and our games , even thought they have never met us or played one of out games, but.... Don you were offered a new playfield by us and by three other pinball related business that tried to broker a deal to make you happy. You will never be happy! You have been banned from several threads and blocked from several podcasts and Facebook accounts. This is nothing new and happened before we knew you. You are the only one complaining. sigh.....

Everyone needs to know what a slimeball andrew mcbain is.
Try to get my name right next time and slimeball why?

Damage to the playfield clearcoat.
ok things happen you were offered a new playfield shipped by us you picked one out of picture we send you and then decided not to accept it. Why?

Well texts seem to suggest you knew there were problems with the clear coat. Blamed it on a subcontractor and said you've changed the process now. Why were faulty clearcoats sent out in the first place? You offered a new playfield and he refused? Interesting, I would like to know more on that. Was that before or after you offered him another game to take to shows but changed your mind?

I think this might have actually been the game they took to the NW pinball expo.
That game was sold to a local, so you can put that to rest.

So you sold your prototype game to a local (I've heard a lot of stories about your local reputation in the pin community there btw, yikes!) and yet the one you sold to a customer was filled with so many glaring issues? Thats even worse, at least if this was a show game/prototype like D0n suspected, there might be a crumb of validity to why the game had so many issues.

I contacted andrew and he promised to send a populated playfield.
The deal was you were going to buy another game and we would swap out the populated playfield, thus saving money on the shipping. You changed the deal when you decided not to buy another game , but we fairly offered a brand new playfield shipped to you like any other company would do.

Sounds like there was more to this deal than that. I can't imagine why somebody would change their mind about wanting to purchase another game from you though after seeing what the first one was like.

I ended up filing a dispute with my credit card company.
No-one from your CC company contacted us.

Thats not really how it works. His dispute was denied btw, you got lucky on that one.

he blocked me on all forms of social media and blocked my cell phone.
You were blocked because you do not stop and there is no reasoning with you. I am just another person that has blocked you.

As opposed to Mr. Reasonable Andrew McBain.

He now refuses to send even the blank playfield.
No-one refused to do this but , would you send out a playfield after all of the slander you have posted on social media.

Nothing was said on social media until you left him out in the cold. Besides, unfortunately for you, yes, as a company you should be sending out parts to make customers happy when it is clearly something you did wrong.

Threatening lawyers on ME.
I said that was our next step do you blame me? It is obvious that you will keep doing this, altering the truth to Slander our company and now teaming up with Todd.
Guess you are leaving us with no choice. Big Sigh!!

298 (1) A defamatory libel is matter published, without lawful justification or excuse, that is likely to injure the reputation of any person by exposing him to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or that is designed to insult the person of or concerning whom it is published.

You just said slander, now its libel? Do you even know what these words mean? What does that phrase "justification or excuse" even mean? A slander or libel case about this would be laughed out of court. Of course, we're already well aware of your lack of understanding with anything to do with the legal system after your excuses about IP infrigement.

#1009 7 months ago

I was going to take post 1000, but instead I just kept thinking how lucky I am to be one of the few people Scamdrew decided to block.
Everyone else wishes he would go away, and he went ahead and removed himself from my life! What a courteous thing to do!

Theres more than a few he's blocked. He's blocked a lot of people, myself included, which is sad because I love laughing at how ridiculous his posts are

#1037 6 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I like this team member bio, possibly written by a drunk ChatGPT instance.
Attila Szabo
Illustrator & Animation Director
He is renowned for not saying a lot and his website describes him as “the silent master”. His instagram sets him apart from others. He is explained by others – and he provides access to those explanations.-

I wonder if he has ever heard of QR codes

#1039 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have inside information that the sequel to "Sushi Madness" is going to be "Chinese Laundry", they just need to iron out a few wrinkles.

I hope they don't spoil the "ancient Chinese secret" : New improved Calgon!

#1059 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What you see here is his entire MO... scheming endlessly to invent gadgets to try to get rich. But doing it so low cost, so amateur, so over promised that it comes off like the stuff you used to see in the back of comic books.

Exactly. A sheister salesman selling cheap shoddy infomercial products and janky little inventions to make a buck off unsuspecting rouses. If somebody made a book or show with a character like this everyone would say its too on the nose, yet this is real life

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Surprised you guys or Andrew did not say he was trying out hydro dipping on his playfield.

Hyrdo dipping the entire playfield? I know he was "hrydo dipping" some of the toys, but it wasn't even real hydrodip it was just like a janky DIY style were you essientially just spray spray paint into a bucket of water and dip the part in. Of course Andrew hyped it up to be some cutting edge technology.

#1062 6 months ago

All his books are just whatever the literary equivalent to shovelware is

1 week later
#1073 6 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

if we saw these in 2023 we'd assume they were some of the chapgpt-generated books that have flooded amazon

Its only a matter of time. I've wanted to mention that for a while but I didn't want to give Andrew any ideas. Then again, knowing Andrew, he'd probably only consider it as a viable technology by 2050 and hed still be using the 2022 version.

#1080 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm fighting Covid and having trouble concentrating, so maybe I'm overlooking it. But, it looks like Pinball adventures won't be at Expo and I think that to be a missed opportunity for them. I have a sincere curiosity about, Elements, their 2nd game. [quoted image]

They have a booth at expo, I saw a picture of Rob Berk playing the game yesterday. I don't think they are doing any seminars or anything like that though.

I might have to check out that Turner Pinball seminar though... hmmm

#1083 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I met Chris and his crew at the Texas show and played their game. I really enjoyed meeting all of them and I liked playing their game, even though the game was a ruff protype at the time. I found Chris very interesting and the game has potential. So go see them.
BTW, David. I may be at Expo after all. It will be a quick turnaround for me after North Carolina but let's try to meet.

LFGGGGGG I'll be there probably all day Friday and a little while Saturday after the pinball olympics if I'm not in too rough of shape.

1 week later
#1085 6 months ago

We get a better look at elements on PA's instagram page today. It will be revealed at Expo. An INFINITY MIRROR in the middle of the playfield whoaaaaa

2 weeks later
#1088 5 months ago

Heard a lot of people talking about Pinball Adventures during the show, but not in a good way. Seriously, I didn't hear one positive comment the entire time. Lots of confused people, wondering what the hell they were thinking with the themes. One guy told me "I went to their website and its just full of nonsense ideas, its like this guy just looks around the room and says yeah lets say we're going to make a game about that now!" Then he pointed at my shirt and said "Flannel shirt the pinball, thats the next game!" Heard at least 2 others talking about Andrew coming off like a used car salesman. Lots of talk about the games feeling cheap, shooting poorly, ect.

Andrew was there looking slovenly slouched down in his chair much of the time. Games seemed to be broken constantly. I tried to sneak in multiple times to play but every time they were turned off or people were hunched over tinkering with stuff in the game. I think Elements had the glass off of it most of the time it was at the show. Both nights the PA crew left much much earlier than everyone else, so couldn't even sneak games in once the crowds died down.

PA was the worst of show, honestly it was embarrassing. I know it seems like I'm just saying this because obviously I'm not a fan, but I promise this is just my objective observations. If they had done anything at all to merit it, I would have given them some credit where it was due, but it was mostly just a disasterous showing

Edit- I forgot, I did take a long hard look at them up close at the end of Saturday. I wanted to inspect the playfields since we all saw the faulty one that D0n got. I have to say, I didn't notice anything bad. No weird bubbles or pooling. Didn't notice any wear or major dimpling or anything like that, seemed pretty solid overall. The only thing I noticed was that the clear window for the infinity mirror on Elements was scratched to hell. Otherwise no major wear, or defects that I could see.

Pic is unrelated I just think its funny

FB_IMG_1698063520575 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1698063520575 (resized).jpg
#1090 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Elements was a disaster for sure - I saw them playing mostly with the glass off after Friday. Very much a prototype. Not very professional.
I actually thought Punny Factory played ok though and dare I say I kind of enjoyed it. Maybe I played at good times after it was fixed, no idea. Would I buy it, no. Would I put in quarters and play it again at a barcade, absolutely!

Yeah I wish I had gotten to play it. Honestly I'm kind of bummed. I'm also kind of surprised I didn't see any of the punny factory books or pinball books for sale. I really wanted to see the quality first hand, I even might have bought one just as a gag. Have Andrew sign it and everything lol

2 weeks later
#1091 5 months ago

D0n wanted me to share this with you. More lying from Andrew it seems. Here you see a notice posted by Andrew in response to D0n's continued complaints. Its actually a letter to his bank after D0n opened a dispute with his credit card company. Andrew clearly lying to his bank to try and cover his ass. He states the playfield had no flaws when it left the factory and D0n did not mention any flaws until 2 weeks later, well after the 5 day warranty period...
received_865363781991777 (resized).pngreceived_865363781991777 (resized).png

Next we see texts between D0n and Andrew where D0n immediately mentioned the playfield issue as he was unboxing the game, and Andrew confirms that some playfields may have had issues. I accidently switched the order of the texts around but its easy to see that D0n mentioned these issues to Andrew on the day he took possession of the game, not 2 weeks later as Andrew states in his letter to his bank.
20231110_075327 (resized).jpg20231110_075327 (resized).jpg

#1092 5 months ago

D0n is holding a fundraiser. He wants to sell his game but nobody will buy it, so if he can raise 6k, they will drop his Punny Factory off the roof of TNT amusements.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/toss-a-fiery-punny-factory-from-todd-tuckeys-roof?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet-first-launch

#1100 5 months ago

Sadly, Todd Tuckey says they can't do the fire part anymore but everything else is a go

#1106 5 months ago

I'm not donating to benefit Don, I'm doing it because I think it'll be entertaining to watch. I wouldn't purposely destroy my $7000 machine for free no matter how big of a turd it is or how rich I was, so it is what it is. If it doesn't get funded, then everyone gets their money back. I'd like to see Todd throw it off the building though!

#1119 5 months ago

Including the feral hogs?

I don't think his lawyers said anything about that, so it might still be on the table lmao

#1120 5 months ago

Here's the Cary Hardy video. I wish he could have touched a little more on the back story so people could understand exactly why a destructive death is the best route for this machine, but it's still entertaining

#1124 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

What is the (condensed?) Punny Factory story (not dons, but the bigger story)?
I somehow missed this entire pin and whatever happened.

Take a look through this very thread or the thread todd made about his book: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/todd-tuckey-s-response-to-pinball-adventures-book-deal-termination-

I'll see if I can make a very brief TLDR though. Andrew is an infomercial product salesman and basically is the stereotypical sleezy salesguy to a T. Originally came on the radar offering a pinball themed book cowritten by Todd Tuckey. They had a falling out, Andrew caught in many lies, book eventually came out with and was terrible quality, Todd didn't get a dime for his contributions. Fast forward punny factory is announced. Lots of false claims, plagerized web pages, stolen art, more lies (lots and lots of lies), ect. Basically Andrew is the king of blustery claims but none of them hold up to any scrutiny, constantly makes a fool of himself, will be your friend if he can gain from it then toss you to the side when you're no longer useful.

#1137 5 months ago
Quoted from koji:

IDK, I'd argue a con man would keep away from written dialog that can so easily be used against them.

Andrew has shown time and time again that he's not the sharpest peanut in the turd. You're giving him way too much credit. He puts himself into situations where his own actions were completely and hilariously stupid. An example is when we asked if the art for the ninja game on his website was stolen or not. He said it wasn't. Then we proved it was. Then he started doing his old "fake news" and "nobody has ever heard of pinside" thing instead of owning up to anything. So to think that since Andrew is a con man, he's too smart to work himself into a corner, thats just blatantly wrong. Oh he was nice to you though? Yeah, he's been nice to a lot of people, until he didn't need to be nice anymore. Its a very simple concept really.

#1140 5 months ago
Quoted from Flippers_com:

I watched the video - at least as much as I could stand. Mr Hardy wishes to be amused by Todd dropping a Punny Factory pinball off his warehouse, and so wants everyone ELSE to pay for this bit of 'entertainment'.
I understand that no factory sends out populated playfields to cover problems with playfield finish, they send out a bare playfield (or defective parts) at their expense and the buyer does the conversion. If you aren't happy with a Stern or JJ game do they refund the money you spent?
Now, perhaps d0n could ask instead for a gofundme to pay someone (or a shop) to change the playfield over as he says he is incapable of doing that.
I know of at least one operator of games in our area (Vancouver, BC) that has had a Punny operating in his arcade since new and the last time we chatted about the game (a month or so ago) it was one of the few games he owns that has had no service issues. Some rough edges in the software - some sounds that need adjusting - but mechanically it has been first rate.

You're not paying for Cary's entertainment, you're paying for your own entertainment. Even in the most cynical view possible, you're paying for everyone's entertainment.

Actually, factories do send out populated playfields. Stern used to do it quite often.

Yes, if you receive a game from JJP or Stern in the condition that D0n received his game you absolutely would get your money back or a replacement game. The playfield was just one of many issues btw.

Andrew has denied D0n any sort of playfield compensation, and 2 others have tried on his behalf and failed (as I understand it at least). I think originally Andrew offered D0n a populated playfield then renegged on his offer. Strange considering this would be one of the most high profile and early locations for this game they are trying to get off the ground.

A GFM to have the game repaired would probably be less successful than this, not to mention that, again, the game has been a total basketcase since day 1.

Does the game in Vancouver have a wiring harness thats stretched to its absolute limit when the game is set up? Are all the wires pretty much the same color? Just curious. Even if the game has been working fine, on no planet should that be considered "mechanically first rate" Admittedly the only live and in person experience I've watched somebody have with Punny Factory actually playing (since it was down every time I wandered over at expo) was during Don's Pinball Podcast livestream where the game went haywire multiple times.

#1145 5 months ago

I've seen a photo of the playfield in question and the damage looks unusual for a production fault. It looks like something impacted the playfield and tore up the finish. I can't imagine them shipping a game out with that sort of obvious damage...it would have been the first thing the receiver would see. Perhaps I've not seen the correct photo though...

I agree the game is rough around the edges, but it is a first game by a new manufacturer and while it could have stood with more work before the release it does work fine - we have one in our showroom.

Its in multiple places all over the playfield and Andrew admitted they had problems with them

I'd have to see the correspondence on that - surely there are emails or text messages?

Yes

I've seen a photo of the playfield in question and the damage looks unusual for a production fault. It looks like something impacted the playfield and tore up the finish. I can't imagine them shipping a game out with that sort of obvious damage...it would have been the first thing the receiver would see. Perhaps I've not seen the correct photo though...
I agree the game is rough around the edges, but it is a first game by a new manufacturer and while it could have stood with more work before the release it does work fine - we have one in our showroom.

I'd have to see the correspondence on that - surely there are emails or text messages?

Yes, but I am personally still somewhat out of the loop on exactly all that happened there, although I have seen a few messages

Yes, I was not involved in the game design in any way and there are problems with this, his first game. Who hasn't had problems with a first release?

Most companies don't have issues like this. Haggis, for example, has a couple small issues with their games that need to be ironed out, but they are just that, minor issues

It has some nice features - the speakers built into the headboard are unique, and provide great stereo separation, the cabinet paint finish is really nice too. The playfield comes up easily into a service position as well.

.....none of these are particularly new or exciting features. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

The designer is a hobbiest, and wanted to present a new idea to the community. For that I think he needs a bit of slack. Let's see some of the correspondence between the parties to get a real idea of what went on.

By designer do you mean Dave Sanders or Andrew MacBain? If you mean Andrew, he is not a hobbiest, he's a sleazy salesman trying to make a buck selling a subpar product, just as he has done making his living for the past however many years. This is ignoring all the other garbage human type activities that we've outlined here and other places. If you're talking about Dave, well yeah Dave is a great guy and I hope Andrew is fairly compensating him for all his work, but I have extreme doubts.

Or drop the whole thing and move on. Life is too short to get wrapped up in other peoples problems that are beyond our control.

I'm here simply to laugh at Andrew and his lolcow exploits. IDC if you support D0n's GFM or not (although I would love to see the game take a ride). I'm not here for D0n or anyone but myself and good folks who don't particularly care for Andrew's way of doing things and stinking up the community. Its simply something for me to pass the time.

#1154 5 months ago
Quoted from koji:

I was kind of wondering if someone on either side tried to spray it with an ammonia cleaner or something which particularly reacted with the clear coat. I still don't know what Andrew was talking about re the clear, the original PFs I saw were all perfect.
re: txts/ emails, My understand, yes the populated PF was agreed to be shipped with the 2nd machine on order.. but when the 2nd machine order was cancelled, so too was the populated PF. I understand total cost of the crated PF and mechs was part of this business decision. I am not sure of the nuances of the discussion of how attached the deal here was with regard to the populated PF. Still, the offer of a unpoplulated PF (which still stands BTW), seems reasonable.
------

uhm... goes to show how different experiences can be. My experience with Haggis Fathom thus far has been a negative, not because of ownership, but machine just never seems to be up for me. With regard to the haggis CC, I've not heard about any issues.. at the same time I'd really like to see more examples of punnyfactory CC issues.. just not enough third party data in the community.

I'm not a fan of the team pinball framework, but I'm not sure if I would call someone leveraging it to be sub-par. I agree with you about the wiring etc. But the finish and build quality of the cab, armor, PF, mechs really is first rate.. I don't really see how anyone who has experienced this machine can debate these aspects. That cab is so damn solid, I'm actually kind of curious how well it will hold up after falling off a roof... worst thing going for it is weight due to the extra thick plywood.

I think you make some fair points here but "having a nicely built cabinet" is pretty low on my list of things that I commend a pinball company for doing, and it certainly doesn't make up for all the other things Andrew has done (I'm not talking about the D0n situation necessarily either, thats just one more data point) or the other shortcomings of the game(s). Speaking of the cabinet, can we talk about how stupid it is that they put graphics on the inside? I mean...hey....neat I guess, but like can you just not do that and knock some of the BOM savings off the MSRP? Hell, keep the MSRP the same, at least people aren't thinking about how dumb somebody has to be to think thats a selling point. Nobody in the history of pinball wished they had wall to wall to floor printed graphics inside their machine.

#1165 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Would a pinball museum want to buy a Punny Factory?
Asking for a desperate acquaintance.

Perhaps a hall of fame?

#1169 5 months ago

The GFM is currently paused because Andrew complained that his name and picture were used in the description of the GFM. D0n has removed the image and mentions and is hoping the GFM will be back online soon. Good news for Levi!

#1171 5 months ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Andrew Macbain is just as bad for the Hobby as Robert Mueller.

Theres a lot of bad things you can say about Andrew, and hes certainly not good for the hobby, but he is not nearly as bad as Robert Mueller

#1178 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still can’t believe Todd thinks it’s a great idea getting into bed with this clown.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Quoted from Mr68:

I think its also worthy to note that D0n, prior to this, did his best to trash Haggis with lies and hearsay that were ultimately proven wrong. He also raged incessantly against Multimorphic after a purchase, for issues that were unreasonable or solvable.
These type things and personal attacks on Pinside is what earned him a permanent forum ban. I can only imagine D0n's approach to Andrew with his complaint.
D0n certainly doesn't deserve a bad playfield and he should have been taken care of. But, as usual, there are other versions to every story.

It makes it all the more funny that Andrew decided this was the right guy to send a junk game to and then snub for service though. I feel like a lot of people would have been more of a pushover but we all know D0n is going to raise a big stink. Wtf was Andrew thinking lol, D0n is the last guy you'd want to be upset with your company. You couldn't write a more clever twist into a story.

1 week later
#1189 4 months ago

I'm wondering whats going on with the snake in that photo. Is it like a toy and thats a articulation point, or is it just a sloppy photoshop job? Maybe Both. I'm also amused by the "quadraphonic sound". Clearly, Andrew has no idea what quadraphonic sound even is and the game doesn't have it. Plus its a highly outdated technology. So bizarre which makes it very funny. Like OK maybe it has 4 speakers. That doesn't mean quadraphonic sound. Is it even 4 channel? If it is indeed 4 channel sound, thats what he should be advertising, not Quadraphonic lmao.

#1200 4 months ago
Quoted from waveman:

It's just 9 bucks for this "confident male pilot" stock photo
https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/confident-pilot-gm520732063-49991862[quoted image]

STOCK PHOTO SUPPLIERS HATE HIM!

He turned a 9 dollar stock photo

Into a 0 dollar stock photo using

THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK

#1202 4 months ago
Quoted from pinstersix:

And just as I predicted to my friend, the gofundme has petered out. I wonder, what will happen to the people gave $1,001? Will they get a refund from ol d0nny boy?

Yes D0N has promised to refund everyone if the goal is not met. I have no reason not to believe him.

2 weeks later
#1244 4 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Is that the game that was inoperable and turned off for 90% of Expo?

Yes and when it did work all the reports were that it was a clunky shit fest. Somehow Punny Factory was the far superior game.

#1248 4 months ago

From the xmas gift for nephew thread:

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Well I was talking with Barrels Of Fun years ago. Glad to see them enter the market. My Jon Norris game is still in the works for my only investor (whale), & others are interested in joining in. Still going through health issues, & I will be going for left foot surgery summer 2024. So you will not see a finished game until March 2025. Is it going to be Trailer Park Boys, Trailer Trash, or Icemans Texas theme. Still here at my work shop retired, finished my personal bankruptcy, & no Jpop waste of money on equipment or space I do not need. Thanks to my donor of winter jackets I am wearing, & my Canadian donors for a grill for food, & some pinball signs. I listen to Kaneda as a poverty supporter. Still enjoy buying my discounted foods on my poverty pension. Iceman's investment is still here & available to see at the work shop. His parts are still here on the whitewood, & in boxes. Minus the beer, & the coke pop fridge is waiting to be stocked in 2024.

#1255 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Will it take flight from Todd Tuckey's roof is the question.

No, the kickstarter has been canceled and everyone should have received refunds by now

1 week later
#1274 3 months ago

An update in the credit card chargeback saga. A quick refresher, there was some sort of mixup where the credit processor didn't look at Don's evidence, and took Andrews easily disproven lies as true, thus refusing to issue the charge back. You'll remember Andrew using the whole "bank ruled in his favor" as more proof he did nothing wrong.

Well they reviewed the claim again and this time have ruled in Don's favor. I've been asked to share the e-mail PA sent to Don after recieving the news:

December 29 2023

Without prejudice:
Mr. Hopskins,
Oasis Arcade
6880 Heritage PKWY
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
United States
At this time we still have not heard from you in regards to the return of our Punny Factory Engraved
pinball machine.
We have been told on December 24, 2023 from the Square Team on our end that, “The cardholder’s
bank has reviewed your information and decided to resolve the case in your favor, for the disputed
Amount of: $8,840.54
This letter is simply a notification letter. It will serve as proof that you have been contacted, and that the
Punny Factory Pinball Machine that was in question is now our property and need to be shipped back to
us in the same condition as you received it. (of course this would be minus the playfield issues that you
told us about.)
If we do not hear from you or our shipper on a designed timeframe plan for shipping the unit back to us
in the next 7 days, we will be forced to contact the RCMP and make a police report and then with your
state police department and move forward with charges and file with in the legal process.
Please contact our shipping company so we can get this matter settled. You will find them most
accommodating, they can either pick up the unit from your house or a local depot. Please wrap up the
machine and box and skid if you are able. Our shipping company has also agreed to let us know when
the machine has arrived at their depot and video tape opening the machine to record any damages on
the machine to protect everyone.
Contact at our shipping company is as follows: Jeremy: 1-705-309-5145 [email protected]

Sincerely,
Pinball Adventures
Andrew MacBain
As per the laws of chargeback/ returning of goods:
If you open a chargeback and the chargeback is accepted by the credit card company and you keep the
merchandise you're committing fraud. Thefts of less than $950 are treated as misdemeanors, but over $5000 is
treated as felony with imprisonment.

#1276 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since Don got his money back does that mean it’s going off the roof now, courtesy of the bank?

That would be really funny. It's unclear to me if the chargeback really means legally the game now belongs to PA or not as they say in their strongly worded e-mail. Certainly, even if I wanted to be a saint and send them back the game, I would not be willing to package or ship back to Canada on my own time/dime. I'd also personally be pretty worried that even if the game arrived back in the exact condition it left, that Andrew would simply lie and say the game has a bunch of new issues.

#1284 3 months ago

Consequences will never be the same!

Quoted from flynnibus:

I think it again depends entirely on the merchant and actual chargeback actions concluded. Normally they would be resolved WITHOUT concluding in favor of the consumer by telling the merchant to accept a return and issue a refund. But here they've refused to do that, so the chargeback here is likely not "a return" but simply the CC returning the money to the consumer. Since we aren't in the middle we can't really conclude for sure... but to me this sounds like Andrew once again overstating and trying to bully people.
This doesn't sound like mediation - this is a chargeback conclusion where the merchant doesn't get paid and is out the transaction... so Andrew is trying to recoup some losses.
Really is important to undertand if the chargeback is still in progress - or has been concluded already. Normally the vendor is obligated to try to provide a remedy to address the concern... but we know that's been the contention. So its unclear if this is still in the remedy phase or if the CC company has just closed it and refunded Don.

Dons CC company hasnt even told him he won yet. According to him, the dispute still shows open and waiting for the merchants response. This email from pinball adventures today is dons first indication that he won. He also has no idea or indication of who is responsible for shipping and prep costs, if anyone.

To me, it certainly sounds like more Andrew hot air as well. Defintely an interesting turn of events but nothing is for sure yet.

#1295 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The RCMP will be sure to contact the FBI. I hope the machines have an anti-detective coating.

This case is going all the way to the supreme court thanks to us "pinside troll lawyers"

Pinball Adventures
4:25 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Without prejudice:

Mr. Hopskins,

Oasis Arcade

6880 Heritage PKWY

Lithia Springs, GA 30122

United States

I will repeat from the last email:

We were told on December 24, 2023 from the Square Team on our end that, “The cardholder’s bank has reviewed your information and decided to resolve the case in your favor, for the

disputed Amount of: $8,840.54. I am sure your credit card company will tell you the same when you call them.

Please contact your credit card company and respond back to us in the next 7 days on your intentions.

In our last email we stated, The refund of your deposit $250.00 will be sent via paypal the day of the pick-up.

However : with a statement like this from your last email, "They may not require me to even return it.

We will go ahead and start the process of filing a police report and then move forward with a Supreme Court Claim against you and your company after the 7 days.

Why you would want to go this route is beyond me. Listening to the pinside troll lawyers on a forum?

You will spend more money on lawyers after this is all said and done.

Pinball Adventures Team

Andrew MacBain

#1299 3 months ago

There's a lot of funny things about these e-mails but I really like how Andrew keeps saying "Mr. Hopskins" but it's actually Hopkins

#1313 3 months ago

I'm not a lawyer or a pinside troll lawyer but every resource I've looked up online seems to say that a chargeback doesnt behave like a return and you're generally under no obligation to send an item back. If it was me, I'd get my money back, double check everything with the credit card company, and send that thing off the roof. Everything in these e-mails just reads like Andrew trying to do anything he can to minimize his losses. A good way to do that would have been not to send a junk game in the first place and/or offer a solution that would have made the buyer happy. This ain't an infomercial item.

#1317 3 months ago

This is sounding more and more to me like the CC dispute isn't settled yet, but Andrew knows hes going to lose, so he's doing everything he can to try and just get the game back before he has no recourse. He should have learned you attract more bees with honey instead of ramping up the police and lawsuit threats that will go nowhere. Sending the game back now just sounds like a recipe for Andrew to weasel his way out of paying a full refund as he suddenly "finds" other flaws in the game and then at that point its too late to get the credit company involved.

From what I understand, the CC company has reached out to Andrew but Andrew hasn't responded yet, so everything in the recent e-mails is essentially another Andrew lie.

#1333 3 months ago

What's Avi up to these days?

He's around still. Posts here and on FB pinball groups occasionally. Gave him a hard time for clown puking his Williams 21 EM recently.

#1340 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think this could be the only go-fund-me on the planet I would participate in.

oh no, another fiasco!

#1343 3 months ago

I've been informed that D0n has won his credit card dispute and been awarded a chargeback. No mention from the card company that the game needs to be returned. I hope we'll still get to see this game take flight!

#1348 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

are you Don’s press agent?

Unofficially, yes it would seem

#1351 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is D0N actually blocked here, or he just went inactive?
This seems like a tale best gotten directly from the shirtless horse's mouth!

Yeah he's blocked

#1360 3 months ago

Fresh Andrew e-mail

Pinball Adventures
2:34 AM (7 hours ago)
to me

We have been informed that your go-between on Pinside (Haymaker) has posted and is reporting that "I've been informed that D0n has won his credit card dispute and been awarded a refund."

Since we now have your confirmation of your refund, please contact our shipping company so we can get this game back to us and the matter settled.
You will find them most accommodating, they will pick up from your house and will find someone to wrap up the game.
We will refund your $250.00 deposit via paypal on the day of the pick-up.
Contact at our shipping company is as follows: Jeremy: 1

#1368 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I see two bad guys here, not just the one, and maybe they deserve one another, I don't know.
But if d0n keeps the game and doesn't return it after being fully compensated by the CC company, that will speak to his true character which is already bottom of the barrell, IMO.

I've been struggling a little with this myself. Normally I would say he should send it back. In this case I think I'm willing to make an exception to my morals. Andrew is a shady character and con man himself. D0N has no obligation to send the machine back so I feel like I don't really feel terrible for Andrew given the type of person he is and the shenanigans he's pulled.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

But what happened with Andrew's petition directly to the Supreme Court??

Whats funny is that Andrew is acting like it took my message to know a chargeback had occurred, however its clear that Don's CC company was in talks with Andrew, or at least trying to contact him. You'd think it would have been apparent to Andrew that the chargeback had been approved without my message. I don't like how he's trying to twist things to make it seem like he is in the dark about all this, when clearly he isn't.

#1379 3 months ago

Since he was doing a gofundme to recoup the funds with the win outcome being it gets thrown off Tuckey's roof, shouldn't it now get thrown off the roof since he reached the target financial state?

I sure hope so. Come on D0N! TOSS IT!!!!

#1389 3 months ago

As his pr representative don't post into the pinside ether; engage your client and bring back a decision (even if it's a shitty one - we won't shoot the messenger

I've been trying to talk him into it for a while now...

#1406 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would like to accurate also and am searching for it. My recollect is he had a second game on order but canceled after the first one.
Can someone confirm?
Haymaker, do you know what I'm talking about?

From my recollection D0n did order 2 games (one engraved one standard) but cancelled his standard edition when the engraved one came all messed up. Once D0n cancelled that order thats when Andrew renegged on his original promise of sending a third game to D0n, in which the 3rd game D0n would take to a show on PA's behalf, then after the show Don could use that playfield to swap into his engraved edition and send the 3rd machine back to PA.

#1407 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

d0n
>I contacted andrew and he promised to send a populated playfield.
Andrew
>The deal was you were going to buy another game and we would swap out the populated playfield, thus saving money on the shipping. You changed the deal when you decided not to buy another game , but we fairly offered a brand new playfield shipped to you like any other company would do.
I think it was d0n was supposed to buy a replacement game, take the good playfield out to swap, and then sell the junk one to someone else. (why not just keep the new one and sell the old one at that point? Reasons, that's why)

From what Don told me, that is incorrect. He had 2 ordered and andrew was going to send him a populated playfield via a 3rd game as I described above. Swapping a bad playfield into a second game really makes no sense as you'd still have one bad playfield game and one (presumably) good playfield game, so I believe Don here.

#1416 3 months ago

Its worth noting the bad playfield wasn't the only reason for cancelling the 2nd game. There was lots and lots of poor quality control and just bad design. We saw pictures of the zero slack wiring harness, only like 2 different colors of wires, ect. I know the cacamamie rail system underneath the playfield is also bad and won't even allow the playfield to tilt back enough to rest against the head so it can safely be put up.

#1425 89 days ago
Quoted from koji:

For me, if I shipped a game to someone, and they were not happy with it, and were refunded due to issues which were not disclosed (obviously hypothetical, but just trying to fit the narrative), then as a human, regardless of all the other talk, I would expect the buyer to recognize it was still my properly, and make some times available that I could arrange to have someone drop by to take the machine back.
I gather this is where d0n was after the dispute.
With an assumption that the credit card company refunded d0n because they deemed the product was faulty, kind of puts all of the onus on the seller to arrange for and take the product back imo. Pretty ugly situation, but I see it with people talking about rejecting shipment on their new Stern machine because they observed box damage etc. Due to these logistics, the notion of mfgs shipping machines is pretty crazy for me, and the distributors just add so much value here in being in the correct region to properly take care of any scenario like this.

I understand that, but the rules of the refund are not the same as the rules of a chargeback. I get the sentiment, as this is much more of a gray zone given that, yeah, the goods received were not as promised and the vendor was not willing to make the right steps to correct the issue so a chargeback was in order, but also despite that, it is still technically a functioning item and a rather high priced one at that. After a chargeback the items do not belong to the vendor technically on all legal levels. Its simply a protection incentive for buyers put in place by credit card companies when you boil it down, with the idea that it keeps vendors from ripping people off, although sometimes to great detriment (whether fairly or not) to the vendor who accepts card payments.

I'm not arguing for or against D0n's actions, as I don't feel there really is a correct answer. If you do what is "right" and send the item back, the vendor has not learned any lessons and has faced little to no punishment for their actions. Really, IMO, the noble thing to do here would be to donate the machine to some sort of charity or organization (insert joke about how bad the game is here), or toss it off the roof as that was the end game a short while ago in order to recoup some of the funds. I personally hope D0n will reconsider his current position, but with that, I present you with his stance on the matter for the time being:

You can let those guys know the game is not leaving my place unless andrew mcshame comes to pick it up in person. And even then, I might not answer the door. I don't care what any of those guys think of me. All GFM funds were returned. I don't owe those guys anything. Most of the outspoken guys were all dicks to me. Why would I care what they think? They don't patronize my short term rental biz. I'm not on pinside in a public capacity although I do read it from time to time. You can copy and paste this verbatim if you like. Or not. I appreciate your being the go-between.

2 weeks later
#1458 72 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not everyone knows this, but the 19 or so Magic Girl games from Jpop didn't have shooter lane grooves either.

Yep! I was going to say that they took a page out of the Jpop playbook for that one lmfao

#1465 70 days ago

A note from Don regarding his punny factory (which has a shooter lane groove):

mine was the 1st game so they likely cheaped out as they built a few more games. The back(plexi)glass is touted in all the videos and early pics to have 2 handles in the shapes of pipes to help lift and remove the (plexi)glass. They also showed the smokestack that was somehow supposed to blow smoke with an internal smoke machine when a punny was pressed. Neither of those things were included in the actual game. Hell, the game doesnt even have an owners manual!

received_399185532583549 (resized).jpegreceived_399185532583549 (resized).jpeg
#1468 70 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:When's the game going off Todd's roof?

Not soon enough. LET IT TAKE THE RIDE DON!

1 week later
#1471 58 days ago

More Andrew ramblings:

Pinball Adventures
5:44 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Sorry for the delayed response, having a sibling pass away under 60 is never easy.

Don, let's clear up a few facts:
You disputed the original credit card transaction, asking for a refund not once but twice, claiming you missed out on sending them 50+ pages of documentation. This new information you sent we were not able to view, so who knows what you told your credit card company? In any case, you won and got your money back. A refund, according to you in all your texts and emails, is a refund, not a chargeback.
I am guessing you embellished your story with the credit card company since, logically, most people need to show proof of the item returned to the credit card company in order to get back their refund.

Now, after agreeing with us via e-mail and also via e-mail to our shipping company to ship the game back to us, you have decided to renege. So now we will add you as a liar to the mix. We agreed to pay for shipping and wrapping the game up for you, and to refund your original deposit. Now you have decided to ask for another $250.00 for other monies you are out? What monies are you talking about? Are we adding extortion to the list as well?

I am guessing you are craving attention and trying to milk this for all its worth. Don, find yourself another cow. The world is not out to get you.

I am sure in your mind, gaining the attention of all your loyal Pinside trolls is a positive thing. Are you really that blind? (They do not care about you at all, Don Look at all their past posts that ridicule you).They have nothing else going on in their petty lives but to wait till the next post to one up or hate on each other. Do you really want to be part of that?.

Take Haymaker almost 6000 posts, at, I will say 2 mins a post 12,000 mins divided by 60 mins =200 hours, that is like 8.5 days nonstop. Mostly non-researched hate posts towards others what a waste.

Remember no matter how you slice it without ALL OF THE manufacturers Pinside would not exist. Why do people like to shit on them, just do not buy the product if you do not like the company.

I will note that throughout all this, we did what we felt was right in our minds and for the record we did not threaten you with police action or lawyers; we just stated what our next course of action would be. It was that simple, nothing more.

Yes we have talked to the police and our lawyer, and the outcome was the following: You now have property that you did not pay for and will not send back, and this makes you a common thief. The police are willing to recommend charges to the crown, and the lawyer is willing to start proceedings against you. Don, do you really want to spend $5000 plus on a retainer to fight a slander and non-returning of an item that you have been reimbursed for suit? What would be your defence? Court is there to make one whole no more no less. Will you travel up to Canada for this?

In all these conversations about you, you’re nonstop slandering other pinball-related companies, including ours, through the internet always seems to be the top topic of conversation. Great evidence. Yes we did our research!

Tell me Don, it is our right to tell our side of the story and leave a review to let people know what we and others have experienced in dealing with you and the Oasis Arcade in Lithia Springs along with all the links to the other people you have done this to.

How would you feel if we aired our dirty laundry about you? Would you want a negative review to be the first thing people to see? Do you care? You claim you have over 700 !!!! five star reviews on airbnb. I could not find you on the airBNB site. The company you have worked hard to build up being flooded with negativity on how you are a liar and a thief. your e-mail do not lie you agreed and then changed your mind.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-worst-packing-job-award-goes-to-

https://www.yelp.com/biz/oasis-arcade-airbnb-lithia-springs

https://zaubee.com/biz/oasis-arcade-llc-rpzso8cm

https://nicelocal.com/georgia/hotels/oasis_arcade_llc/

https://www.bizapedia.com/ga/oasis-arcade-llc.html

Did you pay back the go fund me people? Or are you keeping their money as well?

Your history reflects on how you like to drag things out and make yourself out to be the victim. But sometimes shit happens and you have to deal with it. I am sure you will figure things out, but not at our expense.

This should end now. Grow up and move on! If you decide to share this and it gets posted on pinside I will know what your answer is to all of the questions above.

Good luck

Pinball Adventures Team

#1474 58 days ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Andrew's threat to "air Don's dirty laundry" in a lawsuit seems like a violation of SLAPP, but what do I know? And why bring up his Air BnB account?
I'll never understand why people like Andrew and Dave Fix constantly threaten lawsuits and not just hire a lawyer to correspond with the party they're having conflict with.
Having said that, if Andrew is indeed paying to have that POS pin wrapped and shipped back, I'm not sure why Don is holding out for another $250. Just send it back and be done with it.

Well this may be a shocking revelation to some, but Andrew may not be the sharpest peanut in the turd. Don is under no obligation to send the machine back after a chargeback. It doesn't matter if he called it a refund or not, despite Andrews baffling reasoning. He could have called it a dinglehopper but at the end of the day its a chargeback and thats the only thing that matters. Andrew had a lot of opportunities to offer a proper refund before it came down to a chargeback. Now that he's lost the chargeback, its too late. All these ramblings are nothing but cope and/or desperation moves.

#1477 58 days ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Add this to the many things that I didn't know. If that's the case, kudos to Don for keeping the pin. Andrew had his chance and blew it. Now he's using threats since the law apparently isn't on his side.

Exactly.... Don did ask for a refund many times and Andrew refused, or changed his offer, or added extra stipulations. Don's only recourse was to initiate a chargeback, which he got. Now Andrews hands are tied, but hes desperately trying to change it back into a refund situation.

#1478 58 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Don, let's clear up a few facts:
You disputed the original credit card transaction, asking for a refund not once but twice, claiming you missed out on sending them 50+ pages of documentation. This new information you sent we were not able to view, so who knows what you told your credit card company? In any case, you won and got your money back. A refund, according to you in all your texts and emails, is a refund, not a chargeback.
I am guessing you embellished your story with the credit card company since, logically, most people need to show proof of the item returned to the credit card company in order to get back their refund.

This is all me, so feel free for anyone, including Don, when he reads this to correct me if I'm wrong, but what what I understand the actual facts are that Don didn't "miss out" on sending 50+ pages of documentation. The CC company simply made a mistake and only read the first page of the complaint. As far as I'm aware, there wasn't a second claim in which a bunch of extra information included, it was simply the same complaint as before. As we know just from the pictures and descriptions alone additional "embellishment" would not have been necessary anyway. Even in some bizzaro world were embellishment was added (again which didn't happen) it does not matter. A chargeback is a chargeback. Theres probably a lot of chargebacks that occur that are somewhat fraudulent and the merchant has no recourse. In this case, the claim was CLEARLY not fraudulent.

Andrew, for whatever reason, thinks its still up to him to decide on the outcome, but unfortunately for him, it was the credit companies call, and they ruled against him as they should have. It does not matter if they got to review Don's complaint or not (which from my knowledge the credit card company DOES indeed share with the merchant in order for a last chance to make things right), because its not up to PA to decide. It does not matter if Don called it a refund or not, and to suggest that he called it a refund at some point instead of a chargeback, therefore it is indeed a refund and not a chargeback is ABSURD (and hilarious). And finally, no Andrew, people do not have to show proof of an item returned to get their "refund". ITS A CHARGEBACK. There is no sending the item back in a chargeback, the merchant didn't hold up their end up the agreement so the credit card company steps in, takes back the money, gives it back to the buyer, and that is the end of the transaction, and no further things have to happen from either the buyer or the merchant, including sending back the goods.

#1480 58 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Lol, and immediate goes right into a threat of police action and lawyers.

I really like the part were he calculated my pinside use (despite having me blocked btw). Yes Andrew, I have some time to kill at work, just like a bunch of us here. Excellent work, Good Will Hunting.

#1483 58 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am pretty sure the USA is not going to extradite Don to Canada for a civil lawsuit should he refuse to participate in a Canadian legal action. PA has no legal leg to stand on at this point.

Thats ignoring the fact that what Don has done is 100% legal and legitimate but you're right and its still hilarious that Andrew thinks that scare tactic would ever work. What lawyer would even agree to this case lmao

1 month later
#1512 26 days ago
Quoted from buzzballs:

Our favorite lolcow scamdrew is actually an international man of mystery!
http://crnjapan.net/The_Japan_Childrens_Rights_Network/per-rmacfc.html
I took him from Japan and escaped with the help of my 17 year old daughter. I was able to obtain a temp passport for him from a loophole in the Canadian system, No exit stamp required. I was undetected by the Japanese police.
Heres a pic of him smuggling Carlos Goshon out of Japan hidden inside a punny factory machine Man of mystery vs Japanese authorities is a better theme than sushi mania. Scamdrew also claims he "co-architected" the US embassy in Japan. He was no more than 10 years old when it was completed. Lies, stealing, cheating and deception then claim victimhood are are the business ethics of this man. Beware of this man and his toxic Chinese trinkets, paid for by his screwed over investors.
[quoted image]

I haven't mentioned a lot of this because A. its kind of outside the scope of pinball. and B. Its been a long time since I read up on all the hub bub. If I remember right though, he employed some sort of mercenary guy who specialized in retrieving missing children for this mission. Andrew scammed this guy out of the money he owed him and he was pretty pissed about it. There were some other controversies too. Some sort of, "was it or was it not kidnapping" sort of thing. I forget all the details so I don't want to get too far into the weeds but there is a lot more to this story than what is written here.

Edit- found a link with some of the details https://www.complaintsboard.com/zamora-and-associates-fraud-conman-ripoff-c610013

Double edit- reading again maybe that guy ripped off andrew? I don't know. Its all so weird. I remember there was a few more things discussing this caper but I can't find the links and I don't really feel like digging that deep again

3 weeks later
#1514 5 days ago

Andrew trying to sue Don in British Columbia for $250,000

Messenger_creation_a367574a-f3cf-418d-b85c-07bd45226947 (resized).pngMessenger_creation_a367574a-f3cf-418d-b85c-07bd45226947 (resized).png
#1518 5 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That looks legit to me and d0n is going to have to spent money with a lawyer. And I assume it will need to be a lawyer in British Columbia. So much for d0n feeling fat and sassy thinking he got a free machine.

It is legit, I've seen the paperwork in its full form, but was asked to only show this portion. Seems like a petty attempt to milk money from D0n by forcing him to pay for counsel if you ask me. I say petty because the case would clearly show the chargeback so it seems like an open and shut case. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting it past Andrew to be so dumb he still doesn't actually understand what a chargeback is, but it seems more likely its some sort of revenge. Wouldn't Andrew have to sue D0n in his own jurisdiction though? Can a court in BC really do anything? Seems like a tough choice, pay a lawyer a bunch of money and do a bunch of screwing around, probably win and get restitution in the end though, or just give the game back.

For my (our?) own selfish reasons, I hope he doesnt' cave in, because I'd like to see this story continue.

Edit- Another thing to note, terms like harassment and defamation in the eyes of the court are very defined and none of what D0n (or anyone here) has done comes close to the lawful meaning of those allegations.

#1520 5 days ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I may be thinking about another failed wannabe pinball guy but isn't Andrew a lawyer?

No, Andrew is a infomercial product salesman.

#1529 5 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's a shut case as far as the credit card company is concerned. Andrew has a legal right to pursue d0n personally.

Absolutely, anyone can file a frivolous lawsuit if they please and find a lawyer willing to take the job (which isn't hard)

Quoted from Mr68:

Andrew's business is in BC and that's where the infraction occurred. And often it depends on who files a legal case first. Now, d0nny boy can hire an attorney and file for a change of venue, but I highly doubt he will win that argument.

Did it though? I'm not arguing, I really don't know, so I appreciate any insight. Maybe this is a job for the lawyers to discuss, but it seems like you could argue the buisness was done and completed in BC, but the "infraction" occurred in Georgia since the sale was completed, and thats where the chargeback was initiated could you not?

Quoted from Mr68:

As I recall from this thread, Andrew already offered to send a moving company to d0n's home to pack up and remove the machine.

I think Andrews offer included D0n doing a little more legwork than that, but I could be wrong. I don't remember the specifics. Regardless it was (arguably?) no longer Andrew's game to take. Again, not arguing, just more like spitballing random thoughts here. I do appreciate any insight.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Normally this would be called out in the terms of sale. As well as potential arbitration. This is where the merchant agreement will likely cone into play as well (and the chargeback).
Transnational litigation is a specialty and obviously depends on the jurisdictions in question.
But one obviously has to protect themselves - even against frivolous suits. But I doubt a court is gonna have much tooth to punish a real customer.
But i also doubt Andrew wants his transaction history in front of a BC court where they have decently strong consumer protection laws.
TLDR - andrew burning through more pointless losses to try to strong arm dOn

Yeah thats exactly what I get the feeling Andrew is trying to do. Force D0n to send the game back so he doesn't have to pay a lawyer to fight a frivolous lawsuit in another country. I wonder if the merchant can step in at all. I would guess they wouldn't but again, just another random thought from a lay man such as myself.

#1531 5 days ago

From Punny Factory to Punitive Factory

#1536 5 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My point here, is that anything can happen in any legal case at any time, even if you think its frivolous.

I have to agree, this is an excellent point

#1546 5 days ago

Is he also suing the good folks at Pateron.com?
[quoted image]

No lolsuit is complete without trying to sue patreon too.

(deep cut joke, but if anyone gets it, I really love you! Maddox lost!)

#1549 5 days ago

Is he going after patreon in addition to pateron?

Lol I didn't notice it, nowwww I get it it! Don't have dog bite lawyers write your pinball lawsuits kids

#1551 5 days ago

More of the complaint

Messenger_creation_9ff93fe4-fac0-445c-97b7-dad6b6027704 (resized).pngMessenger_creation_9ff93fe4-fac0-445c-97b7-dad6b6027704 (resized).pngMessenger_creation_d11847ff-cdb7-4c94-b103-d09dc860202b (resized).pngMessenger_creation_d11847ff-cdb7-4c94-b103-d09dc860202b (resized).png
#1553 5 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You should probably black out d0n's last name and address in there.
He hasn't been protective about that, but still.

Yep, my bad, I didn't notice. Fixed now!

#1563 5 days ago

If they did lose 10 sales it certainly was not don's doing but Andrew's after they saw the horrible product and customer service, but even more likely is:

1. Many more options that are a lot more enticing have hit the market recently
2. Many people saw what a turd it was at Expo and other shows

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.