You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Stern run Luci again?”

• Hell Yeah!!!!!! Run it and Im buying. 111 votes
    51%
  • No, Im a crusty old person that dislikes female cartoon artwork. 34 votes
    16%
  • No, only because I'm a douchebag and want the Luci I own to have an inflated value. 47 votes
    22%
  • Maybe, Im indifferent on the subject and would rather prepay for a game and wait 4 years for it. 26 votes
    12%

(218 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images.jpeg
images-7.jpeg
images-6.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
images-4.jpeg
images-5.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-20_at_7.06.20_PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
0507151548a.jpg
kiss.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

I'm in! Take my money Gary! Please send me that bitch in a box!

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Sorry, above my pay grade.
I know the photo was taken today in Chicago. This is all I know certain.
Assume things at your own risk.
Had I not posted it, one of you would anyways.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

As for the actual demand, I don't think anybody knows exactly what that is right now other than higher than most Stern titles. Lots of people say they want the game, but many of those people only started saying that when prices starting shooting up from a change in supply/demand. People hear of a Luci selling for $8500 or something and say "I WANT ONE NOW!" but then when one sits for a few days at $7k they say "ehh, maybe I'll wait a little..." Pretty much verbatim what someone told me as I was recently trying to help them acquire one. I swear the pinball market is more like the stock market everyday...so many trying to grab a machine as its value is trending up and cash in after a few weeks or months. Always an "ehh, best game ever but not for me" or "I suddenly need $8k, but I won't sell for $500 less." I love when some people do this while pumping up the game in every other post here

Ok, here is my Luci story. I tend to buy Stern games behind the curve. They are too slow with code, and I won't buy them incomplete. I say that with my wallet because I want the full game experience when I get the game. So when they complete (or get one to good enough), I put it on my list. When a space comes up in my lineup, I'll bring it in. The timing of Luci just missed that. The code was ready, but I didn't have space. I debated spending the $6500 to just keep it in the box, but I was reconstructing my basement, so it would have been in a garage all winter. So I decided to wait.

Fast forward to now. I could get a Luci for 8k. However, Stern has shown over and over again that they will reissue games. It used to be called "another run", and now it's called "Vault". But the message is VERY clear from Stern. If you pay more than list price for an unlimited game, you will be throwing away that extra money at some point.

In the end, yes, without a doubt I'll have an AC/DC in my gameroom. If they do a run of Luci, I'll buy it the first day and drop it into the new basement. But I'm not in a hurry. Premiums were getting down to just above 5k. They will go back there as soon as another run starts. I have plenty of games to play until that one comes along.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Dave! Great to meet you at Pintastic! I think this statement is false, though. I paid a premium for the ACDC premium, and I've been enjoying the hell out of it while people who didn't want a premium are still sitting and waiting for a rerun or a lower price. I don't think either will happen, but even if it did, the difference in price--for me--is more than worth the amount of enjoyment I've had from it in the interim.

Good meeting you as well! We differ on this, but not by much. If I was just sitting on the sidelines, you're right, I'm missing the fun. But I'm not sitting waiting for good games. In the Stern section, Iron Man VE came to town, and it ended up being way better than I ever hoped. Tonight (yes, finally, tonight!) I'm picking up a Lord Of The Rings, a game I've missed since selling mine almost 2 years ago. Right now I'm in the middle of shopping and blinging my Tron.

That's the only reason I can wait a bit until something happens. I've got a bunch of great games that I'm enjoying right now. But if I didn't, I would have just bought Gabe's AC/DC at Pintastic, or the one in New Hampshire right now. A few hundred bucks wouldn't stop me for a second if I was bored with my current lineup (which is currently down to 12 games). I'd pay the premium for it and wouldn't think twice. So really we agree. I'm just doing it with different games.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

ACDC's asking price to renew the license is $500,000. + a per machine fee. I don't know how much the per machine fee is.

I've never sold a machine where the buyer didn't negotiate the price. I guess AC/DC is doing the same. At that price, there will be no sale. They will drop it a bit and see if there are any takers. "Fire Sale at 400k". "300k FIRM". It is amazing that the pinball business is just like the pinball business.

I am asking 1 million dollars for this opinion. But I'll sell it to you for 700k. 600k? A box of donuts and a cherry coke?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-being-made-again?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.