You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Stern run Luci again?”

• Hell Yeah!!!!!! Run it and Im buying. 111 votes
    51%
  • No, Im a crusty old person that dislikes female cartoon artwork. 34 votes
    16%
  • No, only because I'm a douchebag and want the Luci I own to have an inflated value. 47 votes
    22%
  • Maybe, Im indifferent on the subject and would rather prepay for a game and wait 4 years for it. 26 votes
    12%

(218 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images.jpeg
images-7.jpeg
images-6.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
images-4.jpeg
images-5.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-20_at_7.06.20_PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
0507151548a.jpg
kiss.jpg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How we feeling today about more Luci's? Ive searched through all the couch cushions for extra coins to get my payment ready!

I'm saving for the KISS Shannon Tweed LE.

#53 8 years ago

Hulk gooooooood. That's what we were supposed to notice right???

#54 8 years ago

Well, there ya go, a new Luci sitting at Stern.

All those SMUG Lucie owners claiming their game is worth $8K can now come back down to earth!

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

All those SMUG Lucie owners claiming their game is worth $8K can now come back down to earth!

I knew it, Im surrounded by Douchebags.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 7.01.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-17 at 7.01.06 PM.png

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Old style Cab..
Most likely a customer repair

#57 8 years ago

or one that had shipping damage that they are fixing up to be like new.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

or one that had shipping damage that they are fixing up to be like new.

Yep.. What i meant

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

7/17/15

IMG_4628.jpg

MMr, KISS, Luci, Met, and Avengers The Pin... Interesting line up.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

7/17/15

IMG_4628.jpg

Where do I send the check to?

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Old style Cab..
Most likely a customer repair

They never made AC/DC in the new style cabinet, and won't. Stern just doesn't take back games to re-decal them either. That BIBLE that they did for sepins was a rare thing from what Stern has said.

#62 8 years ago

Jared's the king of whipping people into a froth. That's why Stern hired him. The picture doesn't mean shit.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jared's the king of whipping people into a froth. That's why Stern hired him. The picture doesn't mean shit.

What is the Jared post to reality ratio to date? (edit: Even as the author, I am confused by this statement)

My question is, have any of Jared's teasers actually come to fruition?

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

They never made AC/DC in the new style cabinet, and won't. Stern just doesn't take back games to re-decal them either. That BIBLE that they did for sepins was a rare thing from what Stern has said.

This^

image.jpgimage.jpg

#65 8 years ago

Stern Repairs games that are damaged in shipment..
JJ at Game Exchange has also posted pins for sale that have been factory refurbished at Stern

#66 8 years ago

If I squint long enough, I think I may see a reflection of a Tron VE in there as well.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

MMr, KISS, Luci, Met, and Avengers The Pin... Interesting line up.

Don't forget the poor WWE pin hiding in the back all my itself.

#68 8 years ago

Remember the shit storm when stern put a pic of that BIB repair job on their facebook page..

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

7/17/15

IMG_4628.jpg

Instead of teasing, how about relevant info?

Did they relicense?
Are they running a few "under the table" with remaining parts?
Is this a one-off for a special customer or to cover a warranty issue?

#70 8 years ago

Sepins get them to redo one? LOL. Wasn't he looking for one?

I'll say this, if they are re-doing Luci, I'm in!!

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Instead of teasing, how about relevant info?
Did they relicense?
Are they running a few "under the table" with remaining parts?
Is this a one-off for a special customer or to cover a warranty issue?

Sorry, above my pay grade.

I know the photo was taken today in Chicago. This is all I know certain.

Assume things at your own risk.

Had I not posted it, one of you would anyways.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Lol how many feet can you fit in your mouth???

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

What is the Jared post to reality ratio to date? (edit: Even as the author, I am confused by this statement)
My question is, have any of Jared's teasers actually come to fruition?

He drops hints about upcoming games that are so vague that you REALLY have to have too much free time to figure them out. He doesn't do anything this forward about upcoming games. Ever.

Game of Thrones is next anyway. And Jared better get me a t-shirt.

#74 8 years ago

Possible some Luci's on layaway getting made now?

#75 8 years ago

Why would they repurchase the license just to make a few more Lucis? Makes no sense. To be profitable they'd be offering every style of ACDC they possibly could.

And there you go: Jared wanted us talking about it, and Jared got us talking about it. That's why he's good at what he does. And obviously there's more than one sucker born every minute.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why would they repurchase the license just to make a few more Lucis?

Um cause Centerflank told them to

Seriously though they better run Met Prem first!

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Seriously though they better run Met Prem first!

Run both! Carpe Diem!

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

+1000

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Not sure what you mean, I was thinking they'd do the AC/DC Luci run in the old style cabinet again. No feet inserted, thanks.

#80 8 years ago

Not to go off topic BUT:
Pretty sure the next VE off the line will be SM with Comic Book Art (Marvel) for the Cabinet Decals, not sure about the PF Artwork.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Not to go off topic BUT:
Pretty sure the next VE off the line will be SM with Comic Book Art (Marvel) for the Cabinet Decals, not sure about the PF Artwork.

PF would have to change too. It's all movie assets.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#83 8 years ago

So its confirmed? Luci is running again?

Taking all my couch cushion coins to deposit into bank tomorrow.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Not sure what you mean, I was thinking they'd do the AC/DC Luci run in the old style cabinet again. No feet inserted, thanks.

Well lets look at your statements. "they would never run acdc in new style cabinet". ACDC pro LED & Metallica Pro LED both in new style cabs that were originally in old style. Along with IM Vault.

One Luci sitting at Stern all of the sudden means they are making a re-run??? Come on gimme a break.

#85 8 years ago

So Luci VE will easily sell 300-400 units for a remake to make it worth while for Stern huh? Yet, this Luci sits on Pinside in NJ for a few days at $7000 and has not sold? I see demand, but not from hundreds and hundreds of people with $6800 for a NIB for one. Sorry.

Maybe this is not your war Centerflank?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-luci-w-mods

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Maybe this is not your war Centerflank?

Didn't you watch the full Rambo movie clip?

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Didn't you watch the full Rambo movie clip?

I only saw the first one. The one and only original.

Oh you are talking about the it is not your war full clip VE version!

#88 8 years ago

I got acdc when it was available

Here's a friendly message to you all
Get your Metallica now... Dont come crying later for a VE

Just like acdc , Met is a fantastic
Game,one of the best!
And they are available Right fuk'n
NOW.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I got acdc when it was available
Get your Metallica now... Dont come crying later for a VE
Just like acdc , Met is a fantastic
Game,one of the best!

Truth! MET Pro is a beast! ST Pro is great also. Don't wait and wait and demand a VE later on. So many solid players right in front of you, but not for long.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So its confirmed? Luci is running again?
Taking all my couch cushion coins to deposit into bank tomorrow.

Nope. Not running again. The license is expired. It's a customer repair/warranty machine or something.

Don't believe it? Let us know what your distributor says when you try to order one.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. Not running again. The license is expired. It's a customer repair/warranty machine or something.
Don't believe it? Let us know what your distributor says when you try to order one.

All the distributors I've talked to said there has always been a strong demand for NIB ac/dc premiums, if demand is there, it can be done.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I fail to understand or appreciate the cryptic approach to "creating buzz" where buzz involves no actual/factual information.
My message to the powers that be....such an approach to marketing actually fosters a negative response to your product among all but the most dedicated consumers. If you want to use social media to communicate with your customer base, then do so.
When you do, keep it simple, clear and direct. Anything else and you are just jerking around your customers. And while you might find that personally satisfying or intriguing, it is frustrating and annoying for many of us on the receiving end.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ran the image through CSI enhancement, story checks out.
flank-enhance.jpg

You can't un see a face like that

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I fail to understand or appreciate the cryptic approach to "creating buzz" where buzz involves no actual/factual information.
My message to the powers that be....such an approach to marketing actually fosters a negative response to your product among all but the most dedicated consumers. If you want to use social media to communicate with your customer base, then do so.
When you do, keep it simple, clear and direct. Anything else and you are just jerking around your customers. And while you might find that personally satisfying or intriguing, it is frustrating and annoying for many of us on the receiving end.

We play pinball and love it. They're playing games with us and despite the frustration, people keep coming back for more. Just like a game of pinball. Sure, this wouldn't fly with the Ford motor company, but we play pinball. Ding ding ding....

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not running again? What in the world of pinball makes you think it can't be run again? If there is money to made, it can and will happen.

I would hardly call another run of AC/DC a Vault Edition though since it's just recently out of production. Maybe Stern would for marketing purposes (or come out with another "xxx Edition"...maybe Rosie like someone else said), but Stern is no stranger to renewing licenses and making more runs of games when demand warrants it.

As for the actual demand, I don't think anybody knows exactly what that is right now other than higher than most Stern titles. Lots of people say they want the game, but many of those people only started saying that when prices starting shooting up from a change in supply/demand. People hear of a Luci selling for $8500 or something and say "I WANT ONE NOW!" but then when one sits for a few days at $7k they say "ehh, maybe I'll wait a little..." Pretty much verbatim what someone told me as I was recently trying to help them acquire one. I swear the pinball market is more like the stock market everyday...so many trying to grab a machine as its value is trending up and cash in after a few weeks or months. Always an "ehh, best game ever but not for me" or "I suddenly need $8k, but I won't sell for $500 less." I love when some people do this while pumping up the game in every other post here

I do think AC/DC is one of Sterns best and I'm sure they could sell hundreds more pretty easily. If and when, who knows. Most distributors don't know these things until Stern announces to everyone at once. Very few have actual inside information, and they aren't going to give that up by spilling the beans.

There are very few licenses in pinball that are sacred anymore. I don't think AC/DC is one of em. Money talks. IIRC they recently gave in to some licensing changes with their music. And then there's this...

51ewg4yqJuL.jpg51ewg4yqJuL.jpg

#96 8 years ago

i give about 50% chance of more Luci's 20% more met premiums 29% chance they do neither and 1% chance the come out with a new edition of both games

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

7/17/15

IMG_4628.jpg

oh no "the pin"

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Eemanjaymes:

i give about 50% chance of more Luci's 20% more met premiums 29% chance they do neither and 1% chance the come out with a new edition of both games

More importantly, how did you vote in the poll?

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Believe it or not, I have the power to make Stern do another run of AC/DC. All I have to do is pickup an AC/DC from the Marketplace for $8k. The very next day, Stern will announce the release of a special AC/DC premium that shoots fireworks out the side. Guaranteed.

Perfect. I'd sell mine for 8 thousand. Fully modded pin refinery , Steve the legend hemi. Then everyone that wants one can get an ACDC. Awesome.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I don't understand why Stern isn't more straight-forward either. It seems like keeping the collector market well-informed could only help them sell more games. I'm also not a fan of the constant misdirection and rumor fueling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-being-made-again/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.