You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Stern run Luci again?”

• Hell Yeah!!!!!! Run it and Im buying. 111 votes
    51%
  • No, Im a crusty old person that dislikes female cartoon artwork. 34 votes
    16%
  • No, only because I'm a douchebag and want the Luci I own to have an inflated value. 47 votes
    22%
  • Maybe, Im indifferent on the subject and would rather prepay for a game and wait 4 years for it. 26 votes
    12%

(218 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images.jpeg
images-7.jpeg
images-6.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
images-4.jpeg
images-5.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-20_at_7.06.20_PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
0507151548a.jpg
kiss.jpg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

Lots of interest still in AC/DC premiums, Stern ran very few Luci's, Ive been told ~200~ which is truly unknown to most of us but seems fairly accurate.

Did Stern produce too few of these? Do we want another run?

I have a feeling they will run them again. They will be an easy sell for Distributors. Look what I saw in a Stern office window.....

#2 8 years ago

Hopefully that would be cool. Nice find

#3 8 years ago

Better NSFW that pic. Someone here's going to blow a gasket with her bent over the box like that.

(Also... OMG, decal fade! Get her away from the window!)

#4 8 years ago

forget the decal, who's the hottie in the window reflection?

Brian

#5 8 years ago

I'm in! Take my money Gary! Please send me that bitch in a box!

#6 8 years ago

Edited as not to ruin Flanks fun.

#7 8 years ago

Smassa is awesome!

You are fun.

#8 8 years ago

Nice! Some pinball parts in a pinball office, who knows what it could mean!

#9 8 years ago

Probably

#10 8 years ago

Of course, they are going to rerun everything...Trons, LOTR, ACDC, SM, Avatar, WoF, you name it. If someone wants it, then it will be done!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

who's the hottie in the window reflection?

Thats me with my purse and Thank you!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thats me with my purse and Thank you!

Ran the image through CSI enhancement, story checks out.

flank-enhance.jpgflank-enhance.jpg

#13 8 years ago

I voted "No because I'm a douchebag" lol

But if they remake then I hope parts are a-plenty and they make some cool toppers and toys.

#14 8 years ago

They should remake it just for the awesome poll choices in this thread

#15 8 years ago

They could sell 300 easy if they did another run.

#16 8 years ago

They're working on it right after my Tron ships.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive been told ~200~ which is truly unknown to most of us but seems fairly accurate.

I have been told 100 more, so 300 ? Lets call it 250 just to be safe .

#18 8 years ago

No.

#19 8 years ago

License is expired. Too expensive to justify a small run.

#20 8 years ago

No. Based on the wording of 3 of the 4 choices where's the "Yes, I'm upset at seeing HUO ACDC Premiums maintain their value and have no interest in buying one"...lol.

#22 8 years ago

I'll put $50.00 on "not going to happen."

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

What's your time frame? Because you are wrong.

#24 8 years ago

It's not limited, so you can bet they'll run it again! Why not?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's not limited, so you can bet they'll run it again! Why not?

Quoted from Rarehero:

License is expired. Too expensive to justify a small run.

#26 8 years ago

Believe it or not, I have the power to make Stern do another run of AC/DC. All I have to do is pickup an AC/DC from the Marketplace for $8k. The very next day, Stern will announce the release of a special AC/DC premium that shoots fireworks out the side. Guaranteed.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Believe it or not, I have the power to make Stern do another run of AC/DC. All I have to do is pickup an AC/DC from the Marketplace for $8k. The very next day, Stern will announce the release of a special AC/DC premium that shoots fireworks out the side. Guaranteed.

There is a Big Bang Bar for sale in my area and have thought about possibly buying it...but I'm like you...if I were to buy it, someone would do a remake of it almost immediately!

#28 8 years ago

Relax, it's just NOS sideart laying around...

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

OK, you win a crisp $50 bill if you are right, if I win I get to nut punch you. Deal? You aren't afraid of a guy who carries a purse are you?

#30 8 years ago

Just to put into perspective.

Say they run another 400 and distributor cost is $6000 (ball parking).....thats 2.4 million in gross revenue......something they can crank out in what, 2-3 weeks?

#31 8 years ago

Nooooooooo!!! Don't say anything don't even breathe a word of placing a bet. The thread is sure to be locked!!!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What's your time frame? Because you are wrong.

We'll see. Stern is not going to pay AC/DC $500,000 to run a couple hundred games. The wouldn't even pay $100,000 option to extend the license for 12 months last December. Now that it has expired, the price has gone up. I admit nothing is impossible, but Stern has plenty of sales and plans going forward, no need to shell out more money. They still have the Metallica License for 5 more months and they refuse to make any more premiums, that are still in demand. Business is good.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Say they run another 400 and distributor cost is $6000 (ball parking).....thats 2.4 million in gross revenue......something they can crank out in what, 2-3 weeks?

You keep ignoring the licensing factor. Licensing for small runs is cost prohibitive. Music licenses are more expensive than other licenses. Also, making a small run of parts is expensive. It's not "easy" to re-run a game. If it was so simple to run a batch of a few hundred...don't you think we'd have seen more Trons? LOTRs? TSPP? Pretty much anything? How about Metallica Premium - and that's UNDER license!

AC/DC is done, people.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

They still have the Metallica License for 5 more months and they refuse to make any more premiums, that are still in demand.

I don't think they can get MET premium play fields made in time with all the other pf's they have being made/ on order. Just a hunch on that... I have no inside info, Im ASSuming.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You keep ignoring the licensing factor.

Since when do you need a license to make a pinball?

Quoted from Rarehero:

How about Metallica Premium - and that's UNDER license!

I just theorized on that....or is it hypothesized?

Quoted from Rarehero:

AC/DC is done, people.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

The wouldn't even pay $100,000 option to extend the license for 12 months last December.

Oh!!!! They also knew they would be moving to the new facility and thought they wouldn't be able to make the 100K worth it at that point in time......but now they are up and running full steam! Boom!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

We'll see. Stern is not going to pay AC/DC $500,000 to run a couple hundred games. The wouldn't even pay $100,000 option to extend the license for 12 months last December. Now that it has expired, the price has gone up. I admit nothing is impossible, but Stern has plenty of sales and plans going forward, no need to shell out more money. They still have the Metallica License for 5 more months and they refuse to make any more premiums, that are still in demand. Business is good.

Understood Ice, it wouldn't be cheap, that is why it would take a few years. Metallica premiums are coming.....

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh!!!! They also knew they would be moving to the new facility and thought they wouldn't be able to make the 100K worth it at that point in time......but now they are up and running full steam! Boom!
» YouTube video

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

Play the full scene, GAME ON!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Isn't this true regardless of what premium title they pump off the line?

It's not like they can't sell the machines they are currently making... Plus they have a backlog of MMr machines to build and then the AFMr machines, etc. Oh yeah, then the LOTR VE machines....

If stern was struggling to stay busy, maybe they do this, but that doesn't even seem remotely like an issue...

#41 8 years ago

Isn't Stern working on a soon to be released AC/DC VE with all comic book art?

#42 8 years ago

Actually I think they're working on a new version: ACDC Rosie!

It'll have an inflatable "Rosie" that comes out during "Whole lotta multiball!"

Or maybe my boys heard wrong.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Metallica premiums are coming.....

What's the word on the street? They better come soon... Time is running out!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What's the word on the street? They better come soon... Time is running out!

With the new year, comes many great things..........They need to finish the pros which are still selling.

#45 8 years ago

How we feeling today about more Luci's? Ive searched through all the couch cushions for extra coins to get my payment ready!

#46 8 years ago

Dont really care... I bought mine when they where Available.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How we feeling today about more Luci's? Ive searched through all the couch cushions for extra coins to get my payment ready!

If it's true I'm in!! I found some coins in my car cup holder and some in a junk drawer. I need a several more "coin" spots to get my preorder going

#48 8 years ago

I heard Luci has "got some 'splainin to do" after being depicted on the last batch of ACDC's.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Dont really care... I bought mine when they where Available.

Zingggggg! Nice one.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Planning on WoZ later this year, an AC/DC re-run would probably screw up those plans and I'd get that instead.

It's a good thing they're not being re-run so I don't have to make that choice! I'll pick up my shiny new AC/DC with my LOTR VE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-luci-being-made-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.