You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burnout1 (resized).jpg
acdc2 (resized).jpg
acdc1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170517-202101 (resized).png
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I had heard that the license was re-upped on this and they'll be running more. Anyone else heard the same?

#2 7 years ago

Yes, yes, yes

#3 7 years ago

"Yes, yes, yes" as in "awesome" or as in you heard the same as well?

#4 7 years ago

Possible license is reacquired, but there's no way they re-run it whilst they have Metallica, KISS and Aerosmith on their books still.

One or two of those will need to drop off, especially with another rock / metal 'cornerstone' release no doubt pencilled in for January '18.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Possible license is reacquired, but there's no way they re-run it whilst they have Metallica, KISS and Aerosmith on their books still.
One or two of those will need to drop off, especially with another rock / metal 'cornerstone' release no doubt pencilled in for January '18.

KISS has already effectively dropped off. Plenty of stock out there in warehouses and homes that isn't moving due to molasses code releases.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Didn't the Met license run out at end of 16? Or was it extended?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Picked up again/continued.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS has already effectively dropped off. Plenty of stock out there in warehouses and home that isn't moving due to molasses code releases.

So you think they'll do an AC/DC vault whilst they still have stock of KISS sitting? I don't. Also, KISS license is probably fixed term. If they End Of Life it before that term is up, it will reflect very badly on them.

No chance before mid '18 if they've recently got the license, unless other titles somehow fall through or get delayed.

I'd like to see it happen eventually, because it looks like it's the only way code will get updated. But it ain't happening soon.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

ST did. No mention in Stern's letters to distributors of Met falling off. But I would imagine it won't go on forever.

#11 7 years ago

Frosty the buzzkill.

But thanks for the info. That's exactly why I made the post. To confirm/deny what I had heard.

#12 7 years ago

The only AC/DC I would want is a Luci, which I could have bought NIB. delivered from Gio for like $6200, but I didn't like an IDIOT!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

The only AC/DC I would want is a Luci, which I could have bought NIB. delivered from Gio for like $6200, but I didn't like an IDIOT!

It's amazing how the prices from three years ago look like such bargains today, but we were up in arms with them three years ago!

#14 7 years ago

They should really only do it if they can get Zombie Yeti or Dirty Donnie to re-do the art package for a VE. Acdc art is lackluster compared to Aerosmith, Ghostbusters or Metallica. That would sell them a lot more games!

#15 7 years ago

If ..... and I mean if they do rerun I bet the street price ( sterns now lowest set pricing ) will be around 8495.

#16 7 years ago

It would be a BM 66 price for a reskinned VE and not IM VE price, which was reasonable and not greedy, for sure and it will not sell as well as BM I bet.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It would be a BM 66 price for a reskinned VE and not IM VE price, which was reasonable and not greedy, for sure and it will not sell as well as BM I bet.

$7k street price (like other cornerstone premiums) with Dirty Donnie art would sell well IMO.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

$7k street price (like other cornerstone premiums) with Dirty Donnie art would sell well IMO.

Yes that would work.

I just don't think Stern would do that though. SM VE street was $6800 and has a lot less stuff on the play field. I am sure SM license cost was a lot better than anything AC/DC will offer.

#19 7 years ago

Imagine if Stern re-ran ACDC but replaced the DMD with a color LCD instead with new / more animations. That would be awesome. I'm sure some existing owners would be upset though.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They should really only do it if they can get Zombie Yeti or Dirty Donnie to re-do the art package for a VE. Acdc art is lackluster compared to Aerosmith, Ghostbusters or Metallica. That would sell them a lot more games!

New artwork + new LCD! That would be awesome.

#21 7 years ago

any license talk rumours could have stemmed from the virtual release of the ac/dc pin

#22 7 years ago

They will release a VE this year...hmmmmm

#23 7 years ago

If they do an AC/DC re-run won't it have the same playfield issues as any other game they are presently selling?

#24 7 years ago

They are not going redesign the game for Spike 2 and use an LCD

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

any license talk rumours could have stemmed from the virtual release of the ac/dc pin

Makes sense. To release it virtually still requires a license. I wonder why they can license for virtual but not for physical? IMO getting into the virtual realm seemed to be something that would be mutually beneficial for the physical realm. Code updates for out of production games & re-runs.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

They are not going redesign the game for Spike 2 and use an LCD

Correct, Stern already stated that any VE would be run on whatever platform it was originally designed to run on.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Correct, Stern already stated that any VE would be run on whatever platform it was originally designed to run on.

And we trust what Stern sais?

#28 7 years ago

I'm sure Stern will re-run it...

Just wait for the price tag drop. It's going to cost a fortune.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If they do an AC/DC re-run won't it have the same playfield issues as any other game they are presently selling?

Might have a clear lower pf window though, all be it one that dimples.

#30 7 years ago

Stern already stated that any VE would be run on whatever platform it was originally designed to run on.

Quoted from cooked71:

And we trust what Stern sais?

AC/DC was a Sam system, I doubt the code is even compatible with Spike. Was the Spider-Man VE updated to Spike?

#31 7 years ago

The game is a load of codswollop anyway. I don't think it would be a big issue to stop making Kiss even if the license isn't isn't up, just don't say anything, they aren't always running games of one type all the time anyway, and having Kiss, Metallica and Aerosmith isn't that big a deal, iTunes has all three of them and a few more

#32 7 years ago

Stern has said a lot of things...

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

AC/DC was a Sam system, I doubt the code is even compatible with Spike. Was the Spider-Man VE updated to Spike?

No. I doubt they'll update it. But the further we get from the last full release of a Sam game, the more it seems ridiculous to produce a game on such an old system. At least they're still producing DMD games.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Imagine if Stern re-ran ACDC but replaced the DMD with a color LCD instead with new / more animations. That would be awesome. I'm sure some existing owners would be upset though.

I don't know. The dots are pretty awesome on AC/DC.

#35 7 years ago

I personally think that porting code to the new system isn't that big a deal, the LCD is the hard part, but spike 1 is possible.

#36 7 years ago

I thought I remember seeing a post of a test game on location with ACDC and Spike a while ago. I though they already had ACDC running a Spike?

I'm way to lazy to try to find that post...

#37 7 years ago

Why does it matter what they re run?

Nobody cares right? No one is ever buying Nib again

Did they ever fix the cloudy PF issue?

Oh wait, if they re run it they will sell a shit ton of games! If they re coded it for Spike and an LCD it would be thousands. But they will take the easy route because they will sell thousands of Star Wars pins

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I thought I remember seeing a post of a test game on location with ACDC and Spike a while ago. I though they already had ACDC running a Spike?
I'm way to lazy to try to find that post...

Forgot about that. There was definitely one floating around in Australia well before Spike was officially introduced.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had heard that the license was re-upped on this and they'll be running more. Anyone else heard the same?

Not another one of these threads, lol. OK, lets dig in here-

Who did you "hear this from"? A reliable source, a guy at a pinball get-together, or someone who wants to buy an AC/DC and is hoping the prices come down? This topic has been hashed out several times. I did believe they were going to re-run AC/DC last year, but who really knows? Speculation is speculation. Bottom line is, people that want them say it's going to be re-done hoping prices will come down, people that have them defend that it won't to keep prices where they are. A person's speculation should be unbiased and based on reasonable facts IMO.

Stern has not said anything about the AC/DC license being renewed publicly that I am aware of.. they did mention that MET was renewed, however. I did some research on AC/DC a little while ago before I bought one and the general finding was that licensing for AC/DC was tough because of the break up with Brian Johnson and that they possibly did not want to use his likeness moving forward. There were rumors also (and I'm saying rumors, not verified) that AC/DC was unhappy with the initial license they had with Stern and what they were paid (for whatever reason, if true).

So, would you be interested in an AC/DC machine with Axl Rose? Or totally without the graphics of a lead singer?

Ideally, if they did re-do this and wanted to sell a ton, they should get Dirty Donny to do AC/DC art without the band members, imagine how kick-ass that would be?

And besides, I thought that Tron was the next Vault to be made, right? No one really knows! I just hope Stern keeps moving forward with new titles and vaults seem to hold that up.

But here we go, I hear that "insert title here" is going to be remade with no real proof. This also goes for PPS and whether they are remaking AFM, CC, MB, and so on. Its just gotten old.

#40 7 years ago

George told us about an ACDC that was running spike in 2014. Then at the CES they had TWD running on spike, so its possible for a re-run of ACDC to run on Spike, but there is no way they are going to produce color assets for it.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No. I doubt they'll update it. But the further we get from the last full release of a Sam game, the more it seems ridiculous to produce a game on such an old system. At least they're still producing DMD games.

From what I'm reading on the Batman 66 forums the Sam system sounds more stable and Technician friendly than Spike.

#42 7 years ago

Doesn't colorDMD already have colorization of the dots?? Easy peezy

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did they ever fix the cloudy PF issue?

Yes, that was basically just an added feature for the LE's that came out. Everything after the initial first couple of months came with clear windows. I got mine about 8 months after release. Clear window and holding rock solid.

I'd love to see them come out with a VE with a better art package. That's the only thing I don't like about my AC/DC and I'd be more than happy to do a PF swap if that happened. I actually have a spare PF on my wall that one day I'd like to get scanned and have redone with different artwork. One day...

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New artwork + new LCD! That would be awesome.

What would be even better is 3 channel audio. It would be hard to turn that down unless PinSound hurries the hell up and supports SAM.

#45 7 years ago

What is a nice HUO ACDC premium with clear window going for these days if selling to a local friend/collector? Has upgraded speakers and a few tasteful/reversible mods.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What is a nice HUO ACDC premium with clear window going for these days if selling to a local friend/collector? Has upgraded speakers and a few tasteful/reversible mods.

I would say $6700ish to a friend.

#47 7 years ago

I thinking 7k stock mint and HUO

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

What would be even better is 3 channel audio. It would be hard to turn that down unless PinSound hurries the hell up and supports SAM.

Why stop at three? The channel separation available on a pin isn't enough for directional effects we take for granted with modern stereo recordings but surround effects with aftermarket components could be amazing. 7.2 for the win!

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would say $6700ish to a friend.

Wow. OK I will trim a bit off of that and we can both feel good. Thanks.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow. OK I will trim a bit off of that and we can both feel good. Thanks.

I thought Acdc stock at a little over $6000 was the standard rate, but I think things moved up a little in past couple of months. I said $6700 because I bet it would sell for that quickly. Buyers would decide what mods to get or leave your game with what it has, but for a friend I would say $6500.

I think part of selling a pin to a friend is more than the price, but having him or her really wanting the game and you liking it, but that friend would like it more, so you decide to let it go. You can also work a little with his or her schedule to come up with the cash, sell a game etc.. A little discount is fine also because you are not dealing with lowballers or trolls when it goes up for sale. I give my friends deals and they give me deals and would prefer doing all my transactions this way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-being-re-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.