You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burnout1 (resized).jpg
acdc2 (resized).jpg
acdc1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170517-202101 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 7 years ago

I'm sure Stern will re-run it...

Just wait for the price tag drop. It's going to cost a fortune.

2 months later
#57 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like AC/DC is probably being re-run or vaulted soon, based on last Friday's Stern tour comment. Hopefully they fix the LED insert timings. XMEN and AC/DC are seizure-inducing to look at because they don't work well with the LEDs, being Stern's first attempt at it.

Seizure inducing?

You're kidding. Right?

I'll be curious to see how cheap these new run games feel... Stern's choice of materials are so stripped down at this point

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not kidding. The LED attack and decay is too abrupt, so instead of a incandescent-like strobing on the inserts, you get harsh blinking, unlike the later LED efforts. It's an easy fix. I hope they do it.

I've owned one for years... never even thought twice about it... never had one single person – novice or player – saying anything about it.

Game is a ton of fun to play and has zero light issues.

#66 6 years ago

With all due respect... this is an example of a "problem" that needs no solution... because it's not a problem... same goes for the notion of Stern putting an LCD in a re-run.

I could care less if they do... but to what end? The game is already proven as super fun, as is. That's years of proof. Changes (and the sure to be mega up-charges) by Stern would create buzz, but the overall game experience would be the same.

Something doesn't smell right here.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not interested in changing the playfield art or adding an LCD or anything. I think that's pie-in-the-sky dreaming. The re-run will be fine as-is (since I think LED-OCD will eventually made to work with it), but if Stern made the fix to LED timing themselves so the lighting is more strobe-like and less blinky, that would be awesome.

I agree about the art, etc.

#77 6 years ago

Said this earlier: stern is the master of grabbing attention and keeping the focus of collectors. They have folks transfixed, holding cash and waiting for that next title.

Wish I could say I trust Stern as a company, but for a variety of reasons, I don't. One thing for sure: there is zero chance they do any vault with the customer's best interests in mind.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I'm a VE skeptic (probably because I already have one). Some comments made on a tour aren't that convincing.
They wouldn't want to cannibalize other machine sales at the same price, so the the only way a VE makes sense is if they can charge way more than an existing model.
So if they charge extra for a VE, like the BM66 pricing model, then original prices will still remain high.
They just have 0 incentive to sell ACDC's with a price structure like AFMr. Where with CG, every sale is a new sale.
Either way, I'm enjoying my ACDC today. and I've never had an issue with the lights.

I'm ok if current prices fall.... it took me a while to realize this, but modern Sterns aren't collectible. The variables that make something collectible aren't well represented by stern's manufacturing model. Anyone buying a Stern should only pay high prices if it's a game they really want to play. Any notion of buying-in on something that's special or collectible should be kicked to the curb.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm okay if prices fall, but this simply isn't true. If it was, Tron, ACDC premium, GB LE, etc. wouldn't be going for more than their NIB prices were.

It is true... because Stern manufactures collectability... and they've already shown that they'll re-open manufacturing of any title (At any time) if it means they can make more money. Pins of yesteryear weren't manufactured for - or marketed toward - direct to consumer. I'm not saying folks should stop buying... but, folks should never buy assuming they are buying some kind of collectable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-being-re-run?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.