You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burnout1 (resized).jpg
acdc2 (resized).jpg
acdc1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170517-202101 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had heard that the license was re-upped on this and they'll be running more. Anyone else heard the same?

Not another one of these threads, lol. OK, lets dig in here-

Who did you "hear this from"? A reliable source, a guy at a pinball get-together, or someone who wants to buy an AC/DC and is hoping the prices come down? This topic has been hashed out several times. I did believe they were going to re-run AC/DC last year, but who really knows? Speculation is speculation. Bottom line is, people that want them say it's going to be re-done hoping prices will come down, people that have them defend that it won't to keep prices where they are. A person's speculation should be unbiased and based on reasonable facts IMO.

Stern has not said anything about the AC/DC license being renewed publicly that I am aware of.. they did mention that MET was renewed, however. I did some research on AC/DC a little while ago before I bought one and the general finding was that licensing for AC/DC was tough because of the break up with Brian Johnson and that they possibly did not want to use his likeness moving forward. There were rumors also (and I'm saying rumors, not verified) that AC/DC was unhappy with the initial license they had with Stern and what they were paid (for whatever reason, if true).

So, would you be interested in an AC/DC machine with Axl Rose? Or totally without the graphics of a lead singer?

Ideally, if they did re-do this and wanted to sell a ton, they should get Dirty Donny to do AC/DC art without the band members, imagine how kick-ass that would be?

And besides, I thought that Tron was the next Vault to be made, right? No one really knows! I just hope Stern keeps moving forward with new titles and vaults seem to hold that up.

But here we go, I hear that "insert title here" is going to be remade with no real proof. This also goes for PPS and whether they are remaking AFM, CC, MB, and so on. Its just gotten old.

#53 7 years ago

I think when taking prices into account, you have to look at the current selling price of Premiums ($7K) and also account for the price of a rare/highly desirable machine (Tron, AC/DC).

Anything under $7K for a mint HUO machine would be an incredible deal right now IMO.

2 months later
#72 7 years ago

Jody has no authority to tell anyone what is or is not going to be vaulted.. his response is canned just like every other question of "will XXX be re-released or vaulted"? Drawing a conclusion from his statement alone is purely speculative, just like every other rumor of Vaults.

Other games that people have asked to be vaulted (over and over and over) are Tron and LOTR. If you search for Tron being vaulted, the same speculation is there also.

Nobody outside of a few Stern executives know what's being vaulted next and when it will be done. It sure appears that the factory has no shortage of pins to build with the high demand of it's current lineup.

#82 7 years ago

Speculate all you want... no one knows. All of the Stern guys (Gary, Jared, Jody, Ritchie, etc., etc.) are constantly hounded with the question of what Vault game is next. Hell, at the party a few weekends ago I heard 3 separate people ask Gary Stern at different times. They don't want to say no, so the answer just comes off any way the person interprets it (yes!).

I would have never picked Spiderman to be redone (don't get me wrong, great game, just surprised the hell out of me) nor did I figure Batman would be re-done like it was.

So the bottom line? Don't hold your breath on anything and just buy what you want and don't worry about it. (just my humble opinion).

1 month later
#90 6 years ago

This is still nothing but a rumor. Someone pops in and says a "dealer" has information about a re-run and now it's a "go"?

We all know that with the quality issues and high prices of the new Sterns, the old ones are not going to lose their value anyways.

The only request I have if the happen to do a vault- new playfield artwork by Dirty Donnie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khabbi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-being-re-run?tu=khabbi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.