20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 67.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

As of yesterday I'm Back (in Black)

I am tempted to sell as have been offered 12k for mine with a few mods and colordmd plus McKee topper. It's just so beautiful but the cash is so good too. What would you all do?

#352 7 years ago

Keep it !

#353 7 years ago

As of yesterday I'm Back (in Black)

I am tempted to sell as have been offered 12k for mine with a few mods and colordmd plus McKee topper. It's just so beautiful but the cash is so good too. What would you all do?

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

It's a special game! If you sell it the odds of getting another are slim, if you don't have to sell it I would keep it!

#355 7 years ago

Finally got one!

20170108_093831 (resized).jpg20170108_093831 (resized).jpg

#356 7 years ago

Question about the code. I read on this thread that 1.68 is the latest code. Is there much difference between 1.68 and 1.65? I like this game because a previous owner changed out a bunch of songs and I'm not sure how to do that if I update the code. Thanks

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Wait a sec -- where can you get a luci translite? Seems like most are with the rest of the luci machine even if people changed them out for Helen.. are there luci translites for sale?
concretehardt nice score on the Bible! That's a nice looking pin! Luci moved on today to a new home and I have sadly left the club..

Where can I get a Helen translite?

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Wait a sec -- where can you get a luci translite? Seems like most are with the rest of the luci machine even if people changed them out for Helen.. are there luci translites for sale?

JJ at Game exchange had listed Luci translites for sale A couple weeks ago.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Sell it. They'll run a VE in a few years and you'll be able to buy one for $11k brand new.

Bowen just recorded the wizard mode tutorial for AC/DC

You can support his Patreon to help make more here: https://www.patreon.com/pinball/posts

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Ha! Not from me anymore -- if you caught me 2 days ago you'd have one although I know where it went so if you can't find one let me know.. guy was going to frane it I think but for the right price he'd prob sell

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Not as much as being able to crank up the song jackpot during multiball. I've had quite a few 300mil+ song jackpot collects and a few 250mil+ song bonus collects.

Is that with HB and VIP strategy, or something else?

Rob

#363 7 years ago

It's a special game! If you sell it the odds of getting another are slim, if you don't have to sell it I would keep it!

That's how I feel about my Luci.. Ok, so it's not an LE, but I still really like the artwork and it's what finally sold me on getting ACDC instead of ST LE at the time. If I sold my Luci, I would probably never be able to replace it.

I still hope one day Lyman does release another update for ACDC. Maybe enable that live mode....

Rob

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Sell it. They'll run a VE in a few years and you'll be able to buy one for $11k brand new.
Bowen just recorded the wizard mode tutorial for AC/DC » YouTube video
You can support his Patreon to help make more here: https://www.patreon.com/pinball/posts

Just remember all, you can change the number of notes required to complete a song. The default is 8, but 6 might make encore a bit more achievable for us mere mortals. A difficult to achieve wizard mode is ok, but ACDC doesn't have any other wizard modes which are more easy to get to. I think the most songs I have ever completed is about 7 or 8. I don't play specific strategies and try different things. Having fun doesn't always mean scoring the highest amount of points.

Rob

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Question about the code. I read on this thread that 1.68 is the latest code. Is there much difference between 1.68 and 1.65? I like this game because a previous owner changed out a bunch of songs and I'm not sure how to do that if I update the code. Thanks

Just from memory there were a few small changes made to how the lower playfield scores and a few bugs sorted as well I'm sure.
I'm running 1.65 and my partner has 1.68 in hers. So not much changed.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's how I feel about my Luci.. Ok, so it's not an LE, but I still really like the artwork and it's what finally sold me on getting ACDC instead of ST LE at the time. If I sold my Luci, I would probably never be able to replace it.
I still hope one day Lyman does release another update for ACDC. Maybe enable that live mode....
Rob

I was looking forward to that live mode as Lyman was setting up for it in the menu

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Just from memory there were a few small changes made to how the lower playfield scores and a few bugs sorted as well I'm sure.
I'm running 1.65 and my partner has 1.68 in hers. So not much changed.

Thanks

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Who grabbed that last Luci translite?

Probably me. Which is why I didn't post the link. Didn't want all you guys buying them up before I knew for sure I was doing the trade!

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Ha! Not from me anymore -- if you caught me 2 days ago you'd have one although I know where it went so if you can't find one let me know.. guy was going to frane it I think but for the right price he'd prob sell

Sweet. PM me the info I will contact. Of course the real question is what's the right price?

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is that with HB and VIP strategy, or something else?
Rob

Playing particular songs depending on multiball progress in Tour & Album.

#372 7 years ago

Anyone wanna sell a McKee topper?

Added over 7 years ago: Located

#373 7 years ago

I have Laserific Train Topper
Still new in the box never installed if anyone is interested.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I have Laserific Train Topper
Still new in the box never installed if anyone is interested.

PM sent

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Probably me. Which is why I didn't post the link. Didn't want all you guys buying them up before I knew for sure I was doing the trade!

I bought one and then posted it

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I bought one and then posted it

Hahahaha! That's would I would have done.

Like I said, I didn't post the link because I was only 95% sure I was getting the game, but once I knew 100% I ordered it right away. Glad I did!

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Pinside member Aurich designed and produced her, I bought mine straight from him. I'm not sure if he'd do another print run in the future, might be worth asking him. I also bought a new specially designed LED board to sit underneath to replace the factory strip light which works really well. It's tied into the game's flashers and 'animates' the lava on the translite. Looks very cool. I cannot remember where on earth it came from, I'll dig around in my emails or Paypal history should you want one.

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Aurich has stated multiple times -- no more Helene translites. Too many issues with stern. What's out there now is it.

#380 7 years ago

On my game I turned off the setting for mini playfield to be enabled at song start. I didn't like the mini playfield being a freebie at song start and thought it should be earned. In the grand scheme of things, I'm just not sure if the mini playfield even matters that much in the game. It sure doesn't qualify easily for songs like "HAABPTB". Maybe I'll change the setting back, but I'd like to hear other opinions about strategies for the mini playfield.

edit: I went and checked out Bowen's rulesheet. There's another setting for how hard it is to qualify the lower playfield. Maybe I'll set that easier. I'm not suprised that BIB is listed as 'CRUD' for song scoring opportunities. I think BIB could be fixed if it was only 1 lit target instead of the whole bank to qualify the note shots.

Rob

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Nope. Not gonna happen. My sources are pretty solid too. I am the one that uncovered only 171 Luci's were manufactured. Direct info. from the Purchasing Dept. at Stern. Cannot get more authentic than that. Anyway, VE had a chance 3 years ago. The fued between Stern and AcDc's licensing gurus simmered down for about 2 months. VE was discussed. Then $$$ obstacles broke talks down again I am told. Just like the first time. There will not be a chance for a third table talk meeting. Not by phone or in person. Stern is done with acdc. Stick a fork in it, they are done for good this time I am told.

My info sources are solid but not strong enough to inform me of exactly how much $$$ the acdc licensing folks wanted. I am itching to know. I was told that leaking the financial numbers would violate terms of the previous contract and that acdc could actually sue Stern for revealing it within something like 50 years. I dunno. That is what I was told. Sooooo, no v.e. bud.

I actually wish they would ve Luci. Even though I own a Luci. I never felt it was good business to have less Luci's than bib or ltbr le versions. Those owners got hosed because Luci is actually more rare than either of them. So, I would have been ok with running another 200-500 Luci's so that the LE owners had their rightful scarcity in their acdc model.

Frosty

#382 7 years ago

lookin if you're selling!

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Nope. Not gonna happen. My sources are pretty solid too. I am the one that uncovered only 171 Luci's were manufactured. Direct info. from the Purchasing Dept. at Stern. Cannot get more authentic than that. Anyway, VE had a chance 3 years ago. The fued between Stern and AcDc's licensing gurus simmered down for about 2 months. VE was discussed. Then $$$ obstacles broke talks down again I am told. Just like the first time. There will not be a chance for a third table talk meeting. Not by phone or in person. Stern is done with acdc. Stick a fork in it, they are done for good this time I am told.
My info sources are solid but not strong enough to inform me of exactly how much $$$ the acdc licensing folks wanted. I am itching to know. I was told that leaking the financial numbers would violate terms of the previous contract and that acdc could actually sue Stern for revealing it within something like 50 years. I dunno. That is what I was told. Sooooo, no v.e. bud.
I actually wish they would ve Luci. Even though I own a Luci. I never felt it was good business to have less Luci's than bib or ltbr le versions. Those owners got hosed because Luci is actually more rare than either of them. So, I would have been ok with running another 200-500 Luci's so that the LE owners had their rightful scarcity in their acdc model.
Frosty

No (enforceable) NDA is going to last 50 years. Rest may be right.

Given the prices Stern are now selling at, they may be more tempted to cave to much higher licensing fees, though, if they think they have a guaranteed seller like AC/DC VE.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Frosty

LMAO I have owned AC/DC Prem, LUCI and now a Bible and rest assured us BIB LE owners are not worried about our "rightful scarcity" BIBLE is bad ass!

IMG_5816 (resized).JPGIMG_5816 (resized).JPG

#385 7 years ago

The AC/DC table is part of the Stern Pinball Arcade videogame (albeit as extra paid-for content), which really surprised me as I also thought contracts had long expired and were too expensive or impractical to renew.

I wonder if there was something in the original agreement to allow digital renditions of the machines?

#386 7 years ago

Why were there so few Luci's made? Was it not well recieved and folks caught on to late?

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Why were there so few Luci's made? Was it not well recieved and folks caught on to late?

Licensing extension agreement conflicts put a halt to production

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Licensing extension agreement conflicts put a halt to production

Ok. Running new Luci decals and lower playfield art would have been to close to the end huh? Stern went with an easier, safer last run of LED Pros instead. Makes sense.

#389 7 years ago

As I recall the price was considerably higher than the $6200 delivered we paid for our premiums. I was thinking about changing mine up to a Luci but dragged my feet. By the time I made the decision they were sold out and prices on used games started going up even more. I am just thankful that I got the Aurich translite when they were available.

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

As I recall the price was considerably higher than the $6200 delivered we paid for our premiums. I was thinking about changing mine up to a Luci but dragged my feet. By the time I made the decision they were sold out and prices on used games started going up even more. I am just thankful that I got the Aurich translite when they were available.

I paid $6500 delivered for my Luci. About 6 months before AC/DC production came to an end.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

So your logic is that by producing and selling *more* AC/DC pins that it will make BIB or LTBR versions worth *more* money?

#392 7 years ago

Saturation at the end of the run.. people weren't flocking to buy them.

#393 7 years ago

LMAO I have owned AC/DC Prem, LUCI and now a Bible and rest assured us BIB LE owners are not worried about our "rightful scarcity" BIBLE is bad ass!

Lmao 2. I have spoke with many and yes all of expressed disappointment should their LE be less scarce than a "run of the mill" premium. Not sure how you figure no LE owners care. If you take a vote, or survey, I win and you lose.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So your logic is that by producing and selling *more* AC/DC pins that it will make BIB or LTBR versions worth *more* money?

My logic is simply that LE owners were lead to believe their version was scarce. Apparently Luci Premium is more rare. I would have no issue with Stern producing more Luci's so that Ltbr and bib were more rare. Even if the value of my Luci were to decrease. No big deal.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Saturation at the end of the run.. people weren't flocking to buy them.

That is how I remember it as well. So many acdc were out there that Luci sales were flat. Everyone thought the licence would be easily renewed and then more would be made. Acdc licencing folks and Stern got into a heated argument over increased $$$ of license renewel. Story is they all stormed out of the room in disgust.

That aside. On another note. I think it was Iceman5000 that had factual proof only 230 Luci graphic packages were ever produced and delivered to Stern. The license then expired and many folks wondered if 230 Luci's were made. Stern would never announce it. My source for the 171 is my distributor friend and then another friend who had lunch with a Stern Purchasing exec (name will not be revealed due to my promise and to protect that person). Anyway, 171 looks as solid as can be but not a guarantee. My opinion is it is 99.9% solid. My friendships are good ones and my buds do not screw with me or stretch facts. Also, hearing 171 from two different Stern sources about 2 years apart bodes well for authenticity...again imo.

Frosty

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Lmao 2. I have spoke with many and yes all of expressed disappointment should their LE be less scarce than a "run of the mill" premium. Not sure how you figure no LE owners care. If you take a vote, or survey, I win and you lose.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#397 7 years ago

I got my modfather shipment in today and ... oh my gosh ... his artistic talents on this stuff is fantastic! I love the way he did the highlights on the train the most. The bell is great too and the photos do not do it justice, as it is hard to show the proper shades of browns and cooper with my phone camera. If your ACDC is a keeper for life, I highly recommend having ModFather add some detail to these items.

20170121_213643 (resized).jpg20170121_213643 (resized).jpg

20170121_213713 (resized).jpg20170121_213713 (resized).jpg

20170121_213848 (resized).jpg20170121_213848 (resized).jpg

#398 7 years ago

Is there any way to get a brand new BIB playfield?

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

I doubt it as it's an LE. Why would you need one?

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

The only difference is the Steve Ritchie's signature. If you really want it that bad buy a premium playfield & ask him to sigh it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
16,500 (Firm)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.