• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seriously. Even the original machine can get a bit crowded

When will they get the 6-Player X-Men Mega cab?

I like the Marvel machine though. Would be a good base for playing all of the Marvel VS fighting games.

7 months later
#2864 4 years ago

I just bought a SFII cab at Walmart for $199 (used credit card rewards to pay for it so free?) I installed a raspberry pi in it and 'upgraded' the sticks and buttons. Say what you want, but it gives me the same feel of playing a full size cab at 1/3 the price. I'm happy with it and my kids love it. I may or may not upgrade to Sanwa sticks and buttons in the future, if I get sick of playing with the knockoffs.

20200201_094559[1] (resized).jpg20200201_094559[1] (resized).jpg20200201_104059[1] (resized).jpg20200201_104059[1] (resized).jpg
#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did the same with our SF2... great idea and works well, but the crappy sticks drive me crazy, and the height is too weird, so they never get played. I am going to try the risers and see if that helps

The riser puts the control panel at regular cabinet height.

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That’s been my biggest concern is how long the pcb and monitor will last.

Even if they don't last long, you can get monitors for very cheap. Plus you can always replace the pcb with a pi call it a day.

Most people are buying them just for the cabs anyway, and putting in a pi and upgrading the control panel.

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Interesting. So I could change the Golden Tee to a multi game with different controls. Where do I find this?

Start here:
https://retropie.org.uk/

And a video tutorial here:

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That’s pretty awesome. I would want the Street Fighter cabinet so there would be less button adding opposed to my Golden Tee, plus the art wouldn’t match too well. Damn, now I might have to look for one so I can do this mod.

I wouldn't do it with a Golden Tee since it would take too much work. The SF cab is probably the best to do it on, because of the button layout, and you can play most games with it without too much modding. The only thing I did was drilled a second hole for a credit button, but I've seen people use the existing on/off and volume switch to credit buttons there, (would still have to drill).

If I were to do it again, I would have spent more for proper Sanwa sticks and buttons, which after playing with my Hori fightstick last night, I might just have to. It is world's better than the knock-off kit I bought.

#2888 4 years ago

Pricing is 600 vs 200 (a lot of times, Walmart has them for even less than 200. I've seen people get their A1U for less than $100).

Can't really go wrong at that price. Like I said, it works for me, with my limited space and my budget. I'd rather spend the extra money on pinball

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I get all the hardware that needs to purchased and installed, it’s the ROMS that you need to download on a SD card that I don’t understand how to do.

Arcadepunks.com for images.

Search out the ETA Prime channel on YT. He has all kinds of tutorials. A lot of people upgrade their monitors to 19" Dell PC monitors. If you do that, you don't need the LCD conversion board, as the monitor will already have compatible outputs (you'll need a DVI or VGA to HDMI cord though). Wish I knew this from the start!

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’m strongly considering buying and converting a turtles instead of my street fighter. Figure family can play together without arguing over whose turn it is.
Thoughts?

Quoted from konghusker:

So how difficult is setting up a raspberry pi with arcade controls and just a handful of games like all the 4 player Konami games? Is there a wire harness kit to simplify everything?

Basically you need to plug all of your buttons and joystick into the USB converter board, then that goes into the pi
https://smile.amazon.com/Hikig-Buttons-joysticks-Controller-Raspberry/dp/B07JFXQSM5/ref=sr_1_3

The pi has 4 USB ports so you should be ok there

Lots of people buy these kits because it's all in one, but you can buy the boards, buttons, sticks separate if you want to use better grade components.

There's a tutorial done by ETA prime on adding a pi to your A1U. It's very easy. I would highly suggest watching that.

#2918 4 years ago

I agree that 4 players would be really tight. I play with my kids (4 and 6) on the SF cab and i'm bumping elbows. I've played with my wife and it gets cozy. I can't imagine 4 adults around a TMNT cab, unless you built a larger control panel to create more space, or you're really comfortable with them.

2 months later
#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

They may be all gone now, but according to Brickseek, most titles (Including Star Wars) were marked down to $50 at Walmart. Just saw it mentioned on Slickdeals, but checked Brickseek for my area, all gone. Guess this hit yesterday, so all scooped up... but maybe a few are still out there.

I'm still seeing posts on Facebook about all the $50 deals people were getting. Not in my area, they were still full price. But there are plenty of people buying 4-10 or more. If just to flip.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Me too :/ no deals even close.
Star Wars or tmnt would be a fun one to get

I've got my Pi'd out SFII cab, which has all the games that I would want, but I see people with collections of these things. Lots of them are rethemed and heavily modded and a $200 cab ends up with $400+ worth of mods. At the end of the day, the only thing that's stock is the cabinet itself. At a certain point, you would think to make a template and start cutting your own. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Now mind you, I've upgraded my joysticks and will upgrade my buttons, but that's only because the stock joystick and buttons are junk.

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I sold a bunch of mine off because I didn't and knew I wouldn't play them. I kept my rampage, final fight and centipede. I was thinking I would just have 1 to mod and all the games on there, what really is the point of 20 1up's taking up space? its that collecting shiny object thing...people just love to buy/have new stuff....

Exactly, it's the "rush" of buying something and having it. Then it wears off and people are left with modded games that they're trying to sell for what they put into it. Same as pinball, except pinball holds it's value most of the time (minus mods).

#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from remf:

already have a sf II cab and just bought golden tee. I’ll leave that one as is, but I want to mod the other. On a scale of 1 to tequila shot, how difficult is it to upgrade? Also, is there a place I can download all of the games I want for free or is there a price for that as well?

Pretty easy to mod. If you search my posts in this thread a page or two back, I linked a video how to add a Raspberry Pi to a stock machine. If you replace the monitor with something better that has HDMI outputs, you can skip the encoder board. There are all kinds of A1Up premade images floating around. Very easy to install onto your Pi.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.