1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,973 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Luckydogg420
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 545 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

010B29F1-EDC4-46B2-98A0-058C5EB65CD0 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200611-121547_Photos (resized).jpg
marvelpinball_shopify_1000w_02_2048x (resized).png
marvelpinball_shopify_1000w_04_2048x (resized).png
Screenshot_20200610-191235_YouTube (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200610-191225_YouTube (resized).jpg
35F861CF-1E5D-44F1-9851-9C96A1EE0A44 (resized).jpeg
12BBD9EA-9C55-42FA-AFF1-5703943B2F2E (resized).jpeg
41FFB2C1-EABE-43CA-97A5-4259BEBB0118 (resized).jpeg
SF2Coasters (resized).jpg
RampageCoasters (resized).jpg
TurtlesCoasters (resized).jpg
MK2Coasters (resized).jpg
MK1Coasters (resized).jpg
20200401_174539 (resized).jpg
20200303_215410 (resized).jpg

There are 2973 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 60.
#2951 77 days ago
Quoted from remf:

already have a sf II cab and just bought golden tee. I’ll leave that one as is, but I want to mod the other. On a scale of 1 to tequila shot, how difficult is it to upgrade? Also, is there a place I can download all of the games I want for free or is there a price for that as well?

Pretty easy to mod. If you search my posts in this thread a page or two back, I linked a video how to add a Raspberry Pi to a stock machine. If you replace the monitor with something better that has HDMI outputs, you can skip the encoder board. There are all kinds of A1Up premade images floating around. Very easy to install onto your Pi.

#2952 77 days ago

Hey there, I had done some coaster sets that feature a few of the Arcade 1-Up games...as well as others. TMNT, MK, Rampage...a few others as well.

If anyone is interested, you can check them out here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/whatganonisupto
MK1Coasters (resized).jpgMK2Coasters (resized).jpgRampageCoasters (resized).jpgTurtlesCoasters (resized).jpg

SF2Coasters (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2954 57 days ago

The bench is cool but I didn't realize it's just the standard cab with piece that fits on to it, I wonder if they will do sit downs for others.

#2955 54 days ago

Easy , cheap way to get better sound and subwoofer bass. Sounds really good!
All you need is a headphone splitter and a pair of computer speakers with a sub.

41FFB2C1-EABE-43CA-97A5-4259BEBB0118 (resized).jpeg12BBD9EA-9C55-42FA-AFF1-5703943B2F2E (resized).jpeg35F861CF-1E5D-44F1-9851-9C96A1EE0A44 (resized).jpeg
#2956 54 days ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Easy , cheap way to get better sound and subwoofer bass. Sounds really good!
All you need is a headphone splitter and a pair of computer speakers with a sub.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did this on day one with my Star Wars. HUGE difference!

#2957 48 days ago

This guy turns a Star Wars arcade1up into the arcade cockpit for about $500

2 weeks later
#2958 30 days ago

So....

Fall, Marvel license, 10 Zen games, $600 msrp. Haptic feedback and solenoids.
Screenshot_20200610-191225_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200610-191235_YouTube (resized).jpg

https://arcade1up.com/products/marvelpinball

marvelpinball_shopify_1000w_04_2048x (resized).pngmarvelpinball_shopify_1000w_02_2048x (resized).png
#2959 30 days ago

Big Buck Hunter, X-Men and Ms. Pac-Man too! I guess Namco got the license back!

https://www.ign.com/articles/arcade1up-ms-pac-man-marvel-x-men-street-fighter-capcom-cabinets

#2960 30 days ago

Oh wow! I've been really wanting Ms. Pac-Man, and my wife would love it, but I'm out of space for Arcade1Ups. I have 3. Maybe it's time to invade other rooms in the house besides the game room.

#2961 30 days ago

So I heard with the mrs Pac-Man license there was a loophole. AT games license is for a coin op machine or digital download. This machine is neither of those so Namco doesn’t have to pay royalties

#2962 29 days ago

I think I'll get big buck hunter. I'm going to pass on the marvel pinball, I'll wait for AFM and MM to be released.

Screenshot_20200611-121547_Photos (resized).jpg
#2963 29 days ago

As soon as you can put additional tables on a pin I will buy one. Hopefully 1up is smart enough to make me able to pay them to do that because I am sure the community will find a way to make it happen.

#2964 29 days ago

I watched a Q and A on YouTube after the ign reveal last night. They commented there was special sauce to get the haptic feedback working with each table, so you wouldn’t just be able to add games, but we’ll see

#2965 29 days ago

The virtual pin makes me excited for a table with Williams stuff on it

#2966 29 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

So....
Fall, Marvel license, 10 Zen games, $600 msrp. Haptic feedback and solenoids.
[quoted image][quoted image]
https://arcade1up.com/products/marvelpinball
[quoted image][quoted image]

Look at the lockdown bar, instant fail. I had one like that . Lasted 5 minutes.

That sharp corner should not pass quality control.

#2967 28 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think I'll get big buck hunter. I'm going to pass on the marvel pinball, I'll wait for AFM and MM to be released.
[quoted image]

Yup, I'm in the same boat. BBH for sure, really miss my World arcade unit, but dang the real ones are so big and the CRT blah. virtual AFM would be a nice addition to my kids room

#2968 28 days ago

He also mentioned for the light gun there working with a new company that doesn’t need a sensor bar. It looks to be quite interesting.

https://www.sindenlightgun.com/

#2969 28 days ago

Supposedly AtGames has a virtual pinball coming out in Q4 as well and the leaked specs look promising. 32" playfield screen (larger than A1U's) and it's a little bit taller than A1U's. Most importantly it'll have the functionality to bring your own games (BYOG) and it'll have wifi capabilities. So if you buy Pinball Arcade and Zen games through Steam, you should be able to load them onto your game. This is exactly what I want. I don't want multiple virtual pinball machines in my house. Give me one and let me load it up! So I'm holding out hope that AtGames delivers a great product this fall/winter.

#2970 28 days ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Supposedly AtGames has a virtual pinball coming out in Q4 as well and the leaked specs look promising. 32" playfield screen (larger than A1U's) and it's a little bit taller than A1U's. Most importantly it'll have the functionality to bring your own games (BYOG) and it'll have wifi capabilities. So if you buy Pinball Arcade and Zen games through Steam, you should be able to load them onto your game. This is exactly what I want. I don't want multiple virtual pinball machines in my house. Give me one and let me load it up! So I'm holding out hope that AtGames delivers a great product this fall/winter.

Yup, once I saw you can BYOG, I figured I'd wait for At Games, however, their quality is usually junk, so we shall see. However their Legends arcade cab has some praises too.....

He also mentioned for the light gun there working with a new company that doesn’t need a sensor bar. It looks to be quite interesting.
https://www.sindenlightgun.com/

I remember when the guy from euro who created it was talking about doing this. Here is where he explains it. I feel like this is different tech than when he started years ago. I'm just happy someone is working on something. I know a team was working on the DC to convert its light guns to lcd.

TLDR: Uses a camera in the tip of the gun to sense the LCD screen corners, and where it is pointing at. Uses software to convert the pointed at, to a mouse cursor then uses software to calculate where on the screen it's shooting. Clever idea actually, and I remember when this was first announced it was mame or pc only for prototype.

#2971 28 days ago

AtGames might have the winning combination with a BYOG system like they use on the arcade legends cabinet. I haven’t tried it personally, but have only heard positive reviews. Apparently with the AL cabinet when you plug an AtGames Flashback mini into it, the games will automagically populate on the main software page. So hopefully it’s a nice clean user experience.

northvibe your right, he mentioned the screen boundaries are picked up by the gun, and all the tech is in the gun, there’s no light bar. I think it looks sweet

1 week later
#2972 17 days ago

Apparently with the AL cabinet when you plug an AtGames Flashback mini into it, the games will automagically populate on the main software page.

So this is not accurate. I have owned both A1up and ATGames cabs. The plug and play products would be available via the additional HDMI ports and, if powered up properly and in the correct order, could function on the cabinet and use the cab's controls to play the game. The games, like Pacman, were ports of originaly Nintendo, and not the arcade versions, so that was disappointing. The Bring Your Own Game functionality was excellent on AtGames, allowing you to bring games onto the cab, and again use the cabinet controls to run the game.

Enjoyed Golden Tee, NBA Jam, Bowling, and even a 2k20 roster updated mod for Tecmo Bowl. The build quality on AtGames was bad. I sold my cabinet because it never felt like it was going to hold up well. Since they are impossible to find, I didn't lose any $$ on it, but looking to buy the ATGames Legends Gaer model (just the controls without the cabinet) for like $200. It will be a good buy and will be very customizable. Also wireless hdmi should be a neat way to connect the controller to the TV, or build a custom cabinet for it.

#2973 17 days ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

So this is not accurate.

You could be correct I don’t know for sure.

I’m pretty sure I watched a recent video on YouTube where he plugged an AtGames legends flashback mini console into the AtGames arcade and the games from the mini were playable with the arcade controls. I went looking for the video, and can’t find it with a quick search.

Here’s a video at the 11-12 min, he connects the systems, with poor results. This video was from a while ago and may have been fixed through software, but the other video had better results if I remember correctly.

Their web site advertise some level of connection
010B29F1-EDC4-46B2-98A0-058C5EB65CD0 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 10.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 16.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 19.95
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 22.50
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
There are 2973 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 60.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside