1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,926 posts
  • 294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4412275E-F8EB-4D2D-BE5F-6B53E6145E66 (resized).jpeg
C3A7ABC9-C8E0-4F40-A068-A23BC4FC4641 (resized).jpeg
E1799D8C-2622-4AE2-AD75-9BFF04BA0637 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.11.52 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.12.02 AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20200201_094559[1] (resized).jpg
20200201_104059[1] (resized).jpg
a1up 02 (resized).jpg
a1up 01 (resized).jpg
81nitYEPKUL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
rps20191227_211652 (resized).jpg
rps20181125_223415~02 (resized).jpg
017528FB-A279-424F-9FF7-9590418083DD (resized).jpeg
25099B08-8955-4465-8347-B562D46F6D24 (resized).jpeg

There are 2926 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 59.
#2901 3 days ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Dragons lair comes out on every new platform. The last one I saw just a regular blu ray.

I rented that one when it came out. Plays with your remote control, surprisingly fun and captures the essence of the original game. Neat!

PS - The phone/tablet version that came out was pretty good too. Never noticed it looking bad due to not being on a CRT .. now I'm curious what the CRTs were hiding ..

#2902 3 days ago

If it was cel animation they probably did a high def transfer at some point.

#2903 3 days ago

Can’t find these A1U on clearance anymore. Found a Street Fighter locally on CL for $150 and was thinking about getting this and modding it with the raspberry pi thingy. Worth it or not?

#2904 3 days ago

Whats the typical cost to upgrade to a raspberry pi set up?

#2905 3 days ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

100-200

Depending on the grade of hardware and such

#2906 3 days ago

I get all the hardware that needs to purchased and installed, it’s the ROMS that you need to download on a SD card that I don’t understand how to do.

#2907 3 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I get all the hardware that needs to purchased and installed, it’s the ROMS that you need to download on a SD card that I don’t understand how to do.

Just go searching for an all inclusive image, I think you’ll find several that are ready to go with everything included (usually in a link on a YouTube video of a guy showing off his work)

#2908 3 days ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Quoted from Chosen_S:

100-200
Depending on the grade of hardware and such

Sounds about right for my Amazon shopping list.

For double the cost you can pay someone local or on Etsy to pretty much do everything for you. (Including drilling extra holes).

#2909 3 days ago

Did my SF for $300. $150 for the 1up and $150 for the parts.

#2910 3 days ago

I don’t like the raspberry pi solution. 1) I didn’t want to drill more holes in the cabinet. 2) I didn’t want over saturation of games. 3) I only wanted arcade games (I have other systems for those games), and 4) I wanted a plug and play option, no computer setup. No learning curve.

I decided on the Pandora’s box 5 home edition. You only need a controller for the lcd screen. The A1up power switch can turn it off and on. It can be put on free play, don’t need coin buttons, and a long press of player 1 start brings up a menu to exit the game. No need for exit buttons. The Pandora’s box has over 2000 games, I trimmed the list down to the best 30 fighting games (it’s in a sf2 cab).

The arcade1up power supply works for the Pandora’s box. You can get a second power supply for the monitor, or buy a 12v 6A power and run both off of the same power supply.

Pandora’s box
http://s.aliexpress.com/riA73uIn
Lcd controller
http://s.aliexpress.com/YnIN7vuI

#2911 3 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Arcadepunks.com for images.

Search out the ETA Prime channel on YT. He has all kinds of tutorials. A lot of people upgrade their monitors to 19" Dell PC monitors. If you do that, you don't need the LCD conversion board, as the monitor will already have compatible outputs (you'll need a DVI or VGA to HDMI cord though). Wish I knew this from the start!

#2912 3 days ago

I’m strongly considering buying and converting a turtles instead of my street fighter. Figure family can play together without arguing over whose turn it is.

Thoughts?

#2913 3 days ago

So how difficult is setting up a raspberry pi with arcade controls and just a handful of games like all the 4 player Konami games? Is there a wire harness kit to simplify everything?

#2914 3 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’m strongly considering buying and converting a turtles instead of my street fighter. Figure family can play together without arguing over whose turn it is.
Thoughts?

Quoted from konghusker:

So how difficult is setting up a raspberry pi with arcade controls and just a handful of games like all the 4 player Konami games? Is there a wire harness kit to simplify everything?

Basically you need to plug all of your buttons and joystick into the USB converter board, then that goes into the pi
amazon.com link »

The pi has 4 USB ports so you should be ok there

Lots of people buy these kits because it's all in one, but you can buy the boards, buttons, sticks separate if you want to use better grade components.

There's a tutorial done by ETA prime on adding a pi to your A1U. It's very easy. I would highly suggest watching that.

#2915 3 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Thoughts?

I suggest you take your family to Walmart and test out the size of the tiny control panel, you’ll all be elbowing each other for space

#2916 3 days ago

That is a good point...but kids are young still and we are small people...

#2917 2 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

That is a good point...but kids are young still and we are small people...

4412275E-F8EB-4D2D-BE5F-6B53E6145E66 (resized).jpeg
#2918 2 days ago

I agree that 4 players would be really tight. I play with my kids (4 and 6) on the SF cab and i'm bumping elbows. I've played with my wife and it gets cozy. I can't imagine 4 adults around a TMNT cab, unless you built a larger control panel to create more space, or you're really comfortable with them.

#2919 2 days ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

If it was cel animation they probably did a high def transfer at some point.

That depends if Bluth Studios still had an original 35mm print to make it from. Otherwise, it's still only 400 line interlaced video resolution that's been upscaled.

#2920 2 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That depends if Bluth Studios still had an original 35mm print to make it from. Otherwise, it's still only 400 line interlaced video resolution that's been upscaled.

It was remastered for the bluray release a while back and most agree it looks great. Much better than the original laserdisc.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/782/dragonslair.html

#2921 2 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

It was remastered for the bluray release a while back and most agree it looks great. Much better than the original laserdisc.
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/782/dragonslair.html

But what was the source for the Remaster?

#2922 2 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

There are all sorts of kits available on etsy. When I hade mine I bought a kit installed off someone on facebook marketplace. Totally worth it.

I sold mine last month when I got a full sized multicade, but here is my old ad with a video explanation and some commentary in the discussion thread.

#2923 2 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

There are all sorts of kits available on etsy. When I hade mine I bought a kit installed off someone on facebook marketplace. Totally worth it.
I sold mine last month when I got a full sized multicade, but here is my old ad with a video explanation and some commentary in the discussion thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/90621

#2924 2 days ago

The only reason we are selling this is because we liked it so much we decided to get a full sized PC based machine.“

I couldn’t recommend this more

#2925 2 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

But what was the source for the Remaster?

Don't know for sure, I would assume the original 35mm negative made off of the original cels.

I've been a movie collector from CED and laserdisc days and the dragons lair triolgy HD blurays look way better than laserdiscs ever did. Wonder if they would ever do a 4k scan?

#2926 1 day ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't know for sure, I would assume the original 35mm negative made off of the original cels.
I've been a movie collector from CED and laserdisc days and the dragons lair triolgy HD blurays look way better than laserdiscs ever did. Wonder if they would ever do a 4k scan?

Does it say it's 1080p or 1080i?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,400.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 209.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.95
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 22.50
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 229.99
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2926 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 59.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside