(Topic ID: 155324)

1977 Gottlieb Centigrade 37 - Want a new playfield?

By Chippewa-Pin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by TAAVI33
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you commit to buying one?”

• Yes - Sign me up for 1 36 votes
    67%
  • Yes - Sign me up for 2 1 vote
    2%
  • No thanks - Good luck though 17 votes
    31%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230608_210645 (resized).jpg
20230608_210703 (resized).jpg
20230608_210619 (resized).jpg
20230608_210319 (resized).jpg
20200716_161215 (resized).jpg
EA268595-46FE-454A-AD59-02FCA8F201AE (resized).jpeg
A938921E-D2D7-4649-A6A9-20EBB3C839B8 (resized).jpeg
E95C04D0-B366-4F32-B0BC-7E87B365E0A9 (resized).jpeg
9B4D6230-93AA-4FA7-B87C-EC81E3EF4D4E (resized).jpeg
DD72A065-79DC-4357-BC3D-2EFE53A8B015 (resized).jpeg
63E55B18-B4F4-40FC-A1E8-C3873E52AA5E (resized).jpeg
A0E1F625-6F1D-4FC2-BC08-78D2A048283A (resized).jpeg
D8B7A88C-1465-4973-9450-01CF1DCEBA97 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1088 (resized).JPG
IMG_1087 (resized).JPG
IMG_1086 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 6 years ago

Put me on the list for a C37 playfield. When ever it is made.

11 months later
#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

...Here's the latest from Wade when I told him we were up to 39 and asked if there was a limit:
"Hi Rob, this is fantastic news. I do have a limit of 30 and I will do what I can to get the limit raised to meet the demand. I did pick up a machine to copy from and I will start on drafting and art once I have Abra in production which should be pretty soon. I am almost done with Jumping Jack. Thank you for making this happen." With this being 2 years in the making, there will probably be a few people who initially wanted in, but now no longer have a need for a playfield, so I feel pretty confident that everyone who is currently on the list who still wants one will get one. I do have the list in chronological order of request.

So now we are finally next for this Play field being made . what is Wades final number that he can make? I think I am # 36 from 11 months ago, I was able to get a Kings and Queens and a Knockout play field so I know some people will always drop out but I really,really,really want this one!

#124 5 years ago

Steve - You are #38. I believe Wade said he could make around 40. There are currently 43 on the list, but since this has been a few years in the making, there may be some who drop off.

Great news on 40 play fields. Kings and Queens then C37 restores now planned for later this year.

7 months later
#140 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:I hung out with my buddy Wade yesterday at his shop. I saw him in production with C37. They are looking really nice. This might be a time for people to confirm with Wade that they still want one. Maybe shoot him an email. I know there is a list for him, but I also know people fall off that list. This really helps him determine how many extras to be made. Just an FYI. I wish I had a C37 now.

Never saw the email, so thanks bro for the timely post. Emailed and paid a deposit so I am getting a playfield!

#142 4 years ago

Just FYI... I last talked to Wade about a month ago. He has not asked me for the list yet.

He contacted me today and listed the email address he sent a message too, same as what I gave you my friend and that was the only list I was on.

All is good.

Steve J.

6 months later
#178 4 years ago

I contacted Wade last week by email but no reply yet. Getting hard to wait!

2 weeks later
#183 3 years ago
Quoted from mas:

Any updates?

I had a note indirectly from Wayne that there was a drilling issue that he was working thru. Don’t think they are going to be too long now.

1 week later
#186 3 years ago

Wade said yesterday He will be sending a message very soon explaining what pushed out the completion date.

Playfields are coming soon!

2 weeks later
#200 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Do most people shoot a coat or two of clear on these or leave them as is? Any comments on real world experiences with these long term either way?

I auto cleared my Wade Kraus K&Q playfield, it came out very well. The black lines are raised a little and I had the clear spraying stuff out for my restored Slick Chick playfield. Both games are a blast to play. I don’t think that they are lightening fast to play. Very lively yes.

I will say that I experienced two small minor delamination splits of the top wood layer that gave me pause. I am now sure the replaced screws caused this by getting too close to the surface. With the clear being applied I was able to fix and spot clear.

I am expecting to receive my new C37 playfield in the next week. This next swap I will use some shorter screws if there is any question of this recurring.

I am not planning to clear this time unless I find a reason after I receive it. Wades work is very good and this will be my third playfield.

On a related new playfield subject a know a young lady that has just graduated with a major in architecture from UT, Austin. She made me a few sets of side rails from ‘curly’ maple that will match the playfield perfectly. I lacquer all to match the playfield. One set I have further cleared if I do clear the playfield. If anyone wants a set I can have her make them for you to help her with her college loans.

1 week later
#205 3 years ago

Just got my delivery and took straight to the work shop!
IMG_1081 (resized).JPGIMG_1081 (resized).JPG Love opening packages. Wade packs his stuff well and in these times this is good as the box had some minor damage. IMG_1082 (resized).JPGIMG_1082 (resized).JPG looking good. IMG_1084 (resized).JPGIMG_1084 (resized).JPG No No! Thank you!IMG_1085 (resized).JPGIMG_1085 (resized).JPG Drooling.IMG_1086 (resized).JPGIMG_1086 (resized).JPG New rails will look the bomb!IMG_1087 (resized).JPGIMG_1087 (resized).JPGIMG_1088 (resized).JPGIMG_1088 (resized).JPG I will fit the rails now and the swap will wait until the rest of the restoration is complete.

#207 3 years ago

I got 3 sets ready now. The young lady is visiting from Austin with my son tomorrow with possibly a few more. Pm me if interested.

#209 3 years ago

Yes Wade sent me an email that he had shipped, a transmittal # and an expected delivery date

1 week later
#211 3 years ago

Anyone getting a new playfield that wants matching maple playfield rails, Stephanie dropped off 4 more sets last week. They are accurately made, major holes drilled either plain or lacquered with 2 day shipping.

Pm me if interested.

#212 3 years ago

Rails are getting snapped up. So asked Stephanie to get the materials for another 4 sets.

1 week later
#214 3 years ago

Hi all sending the next batch today. Stephanie and I have one lacquered and two bare sets available and ready from the recent maple wood procured. Let us know if you want a set.

Steve & Stephanie

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

steveintexas these lacquered rails are perfect. I’ll populate the rest of the topside tomorrow.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Phew!

#223 3 years ago

Chris Hutchins of High End Pins mentions in his weekly restoration thread that he is going to restore a Knockout and C37 in the near future. He picked up some of Stephanie’s new playfield rails.

I lacquered them what do you think, will he sand down and redo.... course he will!

1 week later
#228 3 years ago

I have one set of maple lacquered and one set of bare rails that will fit 1970's Gottlieb games ready to ship if some one wants for their new play-fields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-gottlieb-centigrade-37-want-a-new-playfield?tu=steveintexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.