(Topic ID: 50412)

X-Men: What should be done with Wolverine feature / Weapon X Multiball?

By DugFreez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PaulCoff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

I sometimes wonder how much better this game could have been with an extra set of inserts at each shot.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was just thinking the same thing for the first time this evening.
I keep hearing people saying combos, combos, combos. I personally don't think combos are a requirement for a good game. I also have no idea how they would implement these with the inserts that this game has and the fact that both a hero (white name inserts) and a villain (red arrow inserts) can be running at the same time. How would the game display available combo shots without being a confusing mess? If they do implement combos I would much rather they not use the inserts at all to display combo info as apposed to making the inserts a confusing mess.
The inserts (the ones that are there) still need more work done to them (variable flashing speeds to indicate different things ex: jackpot building vs damage), but I'm quite confident that can be done.....but I'm not sure if adding combos will throw a wrench in the works.
I would much rather see completed hero shots do more damage if used in a villain mode than implementing combos. Scoring combos are simply something that don't have much interest in. If they can be tracked and combo info displayed on the DMD and a sound effect...great, but don't make the inserts a crazy mess tracking them and showing what is available.

I am of the opinion that the combos should be like in WH2O where you just have to learn which shot combinations make a combo. No lights or anything to indicate it on the playfield, but show on the DMD. If they DO want to include lights, then have the red arrow go solid for a combo shot.

#27 10 years ago

I would love the combos to be animations depending on the combination performed. For instance, Cyclops to Storm would show an animation of Colossus. So different X-Men for the combos?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-what-should-be-done-with-wolverine-feature-weapon-x-multiball?tu=judremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.