(Topic ID: 56828)

X-Men LE and Pro 1.30 pulled from Stern's website. Any theories?

By DugFreez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by judremy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So it seems X-Men LE 1.30 and X-Men Pro 1.30 have been taken down from Stern's website. The read me files and software for both models have been reverted back to there most recent official releases (1.24 LE and 1.05 Pro).

Any theories or wild speculations on why they would do this? It really makes me wonder why 1.23 (LE) was allowed to ride for months in it's sorry state and 1.30 was pulled.

My guess is Marvel didn't like Dazzler saying "Shoot Again" in a gravelly Wolverine sounding voice so they demanded the software be pulled.

Edit: Added "kidding" face to show I was kidding.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I gotta say this make absolutely no sense. There could be some validity to this if it just went 404...instead it reverts back to 1.24.
Yet all the other current games still have the latest release listed and available for DL. So during this 'web maintenance' only a single 25MB file and the readme needed to be remove to perform it?
Being in IT for the last 15 years I've never had to remove a single 25MB stand alone file to perform maintenance of any kind...for any reason
My best guess is that Marvel had an issue with maybe a character\voice\callout used in the most recent combos..and told them to remove it.
Not buying the web maintenance thing at all...

I don't know anything about those technical things, but I though X-Men being the only game effected seemed pretty fishy.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

I have 1 issue about 1.3 that bothering me ; that some text in the DMD are offsets. I dunno if it does that on previous version but I just took knowledge of it since im mad for Stern. Anyone else has it ?

An example would really help here.

#59 10 years ago

This game has already lost so many animations, callouts, music and a mode. I don't think they will sweat pulling more out.

The only content type things I can think of being integrated from 1.24 to 1.3 are:

Ball Save animation
Super Skill Shot animation
Combo graphics and callouts
Dazzler Shoot Again animation
Dark Phoenix content

1 week later
#104 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im fine with all that BUT we must have one more update with Deadpool, epic fail if it doesnt happen.

At this point I don't really care if there is a Deadpool mode or not. They have already dropped the ball so many time on what this game could have been. I'm not going to hold them to something just because a menu setting / option is in there. ALL S.A.M. system games have settings that aren't implemented (ex: Team scoring...does nothing).

What will get this game out my door is a game that isn't finished. The words "Insert Wizard Mode Here" or what ever it says on the DMD at the final wizard mode means it is not finished and I just don't have room for partially finished games. I would prefer they pull that out (as they have many animations, callouts, music and a mode) and make the game finished and complete.

"Maybe one more update if we have time" doesn't sound too promising to me.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can someone hash the bin files both before it was removed and after it was relisted? If anyone downloaded the code before it was pulled that is. I'm curious to see if they changed anything since they fixed the link.

Same CRC on the bin file.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

So it completely skipped Dark Phoenix? I was excited to finally see it.... So you have to complete villains before heroes to see Dark Phoenix I guess...

Must be broken... was a real bummer. After Generic Wizard Multiball mode was over all modes unlit and the game started over, completely skipped over Dark Phoenix entirely... I was on my last ball anyways, just let it drain there wasn't much point in continuing on.

Well, you don't have to complete heroes before the villains to see Dark Phoenix mode. This issue popped up because you had collected the Mags super jackpot before completing all of the villains. The way I saw all 3 wizard modes with "glass off" testing was:

Complete all heroes = Danger Room
Complete all villains = Dark Phoenix
Collect Mags super jackpot = generic multiball Wizard mode

IN THAT ORDER

Hmmm. Maybe the generic multiball wizard mode for beating heroes, villains and getting a Mags super jackpot is going to just be a multiball version of Dark Phoenix?

BUT...it seems if that were the case they would have also had the Dark Phoenix animations and intro in place. It would also seem weird that they would let you do Dark Phoenix twice if you did it in the order I specified above.

It does seem strange that already having that Mags super qualified when you beat the last villain would override Dark Phoenix.

On a related note...I'm not sure if getting all heroes (Danger Room) is needed to start Dark Phoenix or not? When I had the glass pulled and was nosing around I always did all heroes first. This makes me wonder if you hit a Mags super jackpot, completed all villains and then all heroes (in that order) what would happen?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Only way to see Dark Phoenix is to ignore or fail either heroes or Mags, awesome.

Are you even sure you can start Dark Phoenix if all heroes (Danger Room) haven't been done?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-and-pro-130-pulled-from-sterns-website-any-theories?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.