Pobega_Woz_272c.JPG
DSC_9103_(Custom).JPG
image.jpg
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG
DSC_9100_(Custom).JPG
DSC_9087_(Custom).JPG
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My game shipped today as well. I'm majorly psyched, but I was also a bit surprised that I was charged sales tax. I knew I'd have to pay shipping, but Cook County sales tax is a whopping 8.25%. That's an extra $570 that I hadn't anticipated. I guess JJP has to charge me tax since they have operations in Illinois. Oh well. I'm still super excited for the game to finally arrive.

Not that it will make you feel any better, but I'm looking at a 12% tax bite at the border, and the CDN dollar is tanking right now, so it's getting more expensive by the minute What can you do.

Still can't wait for the call!!

#152 10 years ago

13% tax here in Ontario. And don't forget brokerage and customs clearance fees.

#153 10 years ago

Thanks. I am a Day 2 guy so I was hoping one of you was Day 2 as well. Looks like I still have 2-3 weeks to go.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

20% tax in the UK

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Thanks. I am a Day 2 guy so I was hoping one of you was Day 2 as well. Looks like I still have 2-3 weeks to go.

I know there's a day 1 fellow with *4 machines* still 11 invoices past the last known shipped order (which is Pindufus, and based on the spread between him and Gweem, I suspect he's very near the top of what went out this week).

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Luckily, I'm able to bring the game over the border myself, so I don't have to worry about those extras!

Wow, 20% tax in the UK, I understand Australian taxes are pretty stiff too, makes you wonder who will make more money off WOZ, JJP or the governments

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Not that it will make you feel any better, but I'm looking at a 12% tax bite at the border, and the CDN dollar is tanking right now, so it's getting more expensive by the minute What can you do.

Revolution.

#158 10 years ago

I need someone close by me that ordered one to invite me over to play it!!!! ANYONE, ANYONE???

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Luckily, I'm able to bring the game over the border myself, so I don't have to worry about those extras!
Wow, 20% tax in the UK, I understand Australian taxes are pretty stiff too, makes you wonder who will make more money off WOZ, JJP or the governments

Still, it's not 'the governments' that 'get' the money: it's money that is or should be well spend by governments to build roads, give education, etc. (And mind: there's the word 'should': I'm not saying all money is spend well, but that's another story).

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Congrats. Wish you were closer!

Your close to me I tnink? 1.08 installed and amazing to play.

Bill

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Still, it's not 'the governments' that 'get' the money: it's money that is or should be well spend by governments to build roads, give education, etc. (And mind: there's the word 'should': I'm not saying all money is spend well, but that's another story).

Hey Sven. You're a funny guy. What comedy club do you work at? I want to hear your entire routine. "Money well spent by the government." That's a good one. I can't stop laughing.

#162 10 years ago

If the government built WOZ, it would be $50,000!

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

and still in committee

#164 10 years ago

And use Nerf balls thanks to OSHA.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Send them to me
5% GST only here

I was wondering where I am in production as well WOZ LE #102

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Send them to me
5% GST only here
I was wondering where I am in production as well WOZ LE #102

Hey I'm considering it, nice drive from Fraser Valley to Calgary!!

#167 10 years ago

Did anybody in Holland biy this pin? If so, when will it arrive, or is that not told yet?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Hey I'm considering it, nice drive from Fraser Valley to Calgary!!

I did the Winnepeg to Regina round trip a few years ago. Thank goodness for satellite radio. I could listen to Detroit Tigers baseball games.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Your close to me I tnink? 1.08 installed and amazing to play.
Bill

Looks like you're about 1 1/2 hours away.

Quoted from meSz:

I need someone close by me that ordered one to invite me over to play it!!!! ANYONE, ANYONE???

Maybe we can make a road trip! I have one ordered, but won't be until the end of July or early August for me.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

and given free to some.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

20% tax in the UK

Theres also import duty to pay for items over £630 in value. Its currently 2.5% for items up to £630, but would be much more for a pinball machine (5-9%).

So yes, we get analised by searing red hot spikes on every machine bought. (MOPLE is a $10,000+ machine here!)

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Hey Sven. You're a funny guy. What comedy club do you work at? I want to hear your entire routine. "Money well spent by the government." That's a good one. I can't stop laughing.

Like I said: "it's money that is or should be well spend.."
Mind the words 'is OR should'!
Besides that: I think a lot of money is well spend by the goverment on some parts, but less well on other parts. I wouldn't want to think of how a first world country would become without any public education or any police (besides whether you think that those could perform better or not).

But besides that... it's always good to make people laugh... .

Back on topic (sorry about responding off-topic in the first place): it's great to see some people receiving their games and software getting a lot better!

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They probably wouldnt ask for prepay, they'd just borrow the money from China.

#174 10 years ago

Any new delivery pics?

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

and given free to some.

Lol! You mean about 47 million people would receive it Free!

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Theres also import duty to pay for items over £630 in value. Its currently 2.5% for items up to £630, but would be much more for a pinball machine (5-9%).So yes, we get analised by searing red hot spikes on every machine bought. (MOPLE is a $10,000+ machine here!)

Yep. Think its cost me around $10,500 for a $6500 machine. That's dedication for you!

#178 10 years ago

Mine was delivered over a week ago, but I just got time to unbox it yesterday. I was a day 1 order. I updated the code to 1.08 and the game is really fun. There is a lot of stuff to do and the code isn't even finished yet. It may edge out TZ as my favorite pin.

DSCI0416.JPGDSCI0416.JPG DSCI0433.JPGDSCI0433.JPG

#179 10 years ago

Nice game and nice lineup. I really like your IJ.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Looks like you're about 1 1/2 hours away.

Maybe we can make a road trip! I have one ordered, but won't be until the end of July or early August for me.

I can wait!!! I can provide the beer if you're willing to provide the game (lol).

#181 10 years ago

Your legs and siderails look black....

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Your legs and siderails look black....

That means you need to calibrate your computer monitor.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That means you need to calibrate your computer monitor.

The light/exposure makes it appear black. It looks this way on my stuff too.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The light/exposure makes it appear black. It looks this way on my stuff too.

Then you need to calibrate your monitor too!

#185 10 years ago

Calibrated....still looks black...

#186 10 years ago

If you zoom in you see lots of green pixels, and not on the black JP legs to the right.

#187 10 years ago

My ECLE won't come until the fall... But thanks for sending the info, pictures and thoughts on the game!

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from BSavage:

My ECLE won't come until the fall... But thanks for sending the info, pictures and thoughts on the game!

BSavage, you are certainly welcome to come put a few games on mine some weekend if you would like to scratch the itch before yours comes in. I am in far north Carrollton, so to too far from Fort Worth.

To those commenting on the color of the powder coat, sorry cheap camera and crappy operator. Although I am color blind, in real life it is definately not black. It has some metal flake in it or something and looks very nice in person.

I got in a few more games this morning. The ball saver modes, especially the sepia mode that you can get from the left outlane, are really neat.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Mine was delivered over a week ago, but I just got time to unbox it yesterday. I was a day 1 order. I updated the code to 1.08 and the game is really fun. There is a lot of stuff to do and the code isn't even finished yet. It may edge out TZ as my favorite pin.

GREAT PICS!! And great looking collection. I'm really looking forward to finding one of these in Australia to play...I only think there's one at the moment. But I know there're a bunch on their way. A beautiful looking machine - CONGRATS to all who stuck with it.

#190 10 years ago

What's the latest delivered # and how many a day leave JJP? I heard 10 to 13 a day are produced but unconfirmed. #622 here and I can't hardly wait.

#191 10 years ago

Mine is in transit and I had been told I was around the 50th to be built.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What's the latest delivered # and how many a day leave JJP? I heard 10 to 13 a day are produced but unconfirmed. #622 here and I can't hardly wait.

Mine arrives today. I was told I was 30th on the list.

#194 10 years ago

I guess #622 is a long way away...still..."eat my dust" Hobbit owners! Keep the #'s and arrival dates coming - it helps me cope, and thanks!

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I guess #622 is a long way away...still..."eat my dust" Hobbit owners! Keep the #'s and arrival dates coming - it helps me cope, and thanks!

Well if it makes ya feel any better, due to a really heavy travel schedule I had to advise Jen to hold off on shipping until the week prior to Father's Day. Otherwise I think mine would have been on the same truck as Coasterguy's or Gweem's.

We'll get it set up when the family is here to assist me, and then the next day I skip town again for another week.

Yaay me.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Mine arrives today. I was told I was 30th on the list.

so apparently it is not near 10 a day, but does anyone know exactly how many are being produced. I am starting to get anxious/excited. Based on your number, it would appear about 30 a month or 1 a day which means I may not get mine for 3 more months. Bummer

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

so apparently it is not near 10 a day, but does anyone know exactly how many are being produced. I am starting to get anxious/excited. Based on your number, it would appear about 30 a month or 1 a day which means I may not get mine for 3 more months. Bummer

Mine actually shipped last week. As far as the States are concerned, I'm about as far away as you can get. Plus, there was the holiday weekend. Jack posted somewhere that a truckload went out the day after mine shipped. I have the impression production is increasing. Jack acknowledged it would be slow to begin with but that there'd be an increase in machines finished as they got over the initial learning curve.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

3 months? At this rate i won't see mine for 4.5 years

#199 10 years ago

Mine WoZ just got here. Jack even made a personal appearance.

There's been talk about how good the shipping box is. My dog, Harley, seems to agree and can now attest to its quality. Right now, I'm particularly pleased with the thickness of the cardboard.....

DSCN0975.JPGDSCN0975.JPG DSCN0978.JPGDSCN0978.JPG

#200 10 years ago

Glad Jack made it.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-owners-delivery-celebration-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.