(Topic ID: 324537)

#WheresTheCode / What happened to code updates at JJP?

By PanzerFreak

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 762 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bush (resized).jpeg
download (10) (resized).jpg
sirius-sirius-black.gif
20240408_193904 (resized).jpg
IMG_2485.gif
IMG_2476 (resized).jpeg
200w.gif
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0731 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0809 (resized).png
keefer (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 12.00.32 PM (resized).png
IMG_9694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1451 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7974878_0 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-23 121544 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#488 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

I think reality has set in with JJP. There video logo was a ball busting through a DMD, right from the beginning they thought they would assend to being the top pinball manufacturer and for a while it looked like that too!! But Stern kept pumping out good to great machines and now JJP has 1 machine in the top 20 while Stern has 6 or 7 in the top 10. ...and all the while Stern improved their code updating - remember 10 years ago?? Hugh improvement.. Now, not only is JJP not number 1, they are competing with 4 or 5 new manufacturers making innovative machines.
At one point I had 2 JJPs, 1 Stern and 1 CGC. Now I have no JJPs. They became focused on sales and their new machines look beautiful. Stern is focused on sales, selling FUN machines that people want to keep playing.
Ever had to replace an LCD, wickedly expensive and I found there cs to be meh.
JJP is now in a horse race with a competitor they thought they were going to blow away 10 years ago...and now, with sales not so great with their last three releases and the most expensive pricing in the market, they can't even keep up with finishing their game??? I would have loved a new GF or EJ, but not from JJP.

I have a GFCE, it’s fantastic. So is GNR. So is Wonka

And EJ is coming next for me.

Dropped out of Stern Jaws after seeing it.

Same old same old, but just less this time.

I have plenty of great Stern games too.

It’s quite a nice mix.

If you Jaws buyers are somehow saying the new EJ is shit then you are foolish and barking up the wrong tree.

I will have tons of FUN with that game, like every other JJP game i have

2 weeks later
#550 3 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Im curious what is fantastic about GNR? It’s not scoring. It’s not the layout. It’s not slash solo. It’s the light show isn’t it?

Don’t care about the scoring, the layout is good enough, not the best ever BUT

The light show, 21 song catalog, animations, band involvement, it’s beautiful, unique features I’ve mentioned before AND

When you crank it up, select the various song modes you get a concert experience in a pinball machine like none other. And that is FUN!

The people that have to hate JJP because they bring out the knee pads for Stern and Elwin in particular, I don’t get it. Whatever.

I own all types of pins. Theme, content and FUN factor 1st.

#551 3 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Im curious what is fantastic about GNR? It’s not scoring. It’s not the layout. It’s not slash solo. It’s the light show isn’t it?

You have 4 Stern pins, I have 3 of them.

It’s NOT the case that those Stern pins are the best ever just because you like, nor is it the case that JJP is bottom of the barrel shit.

I have my own criteria for games. And it does not involve BIAS.

As for some people whining about code/imbalances, you have the ability to set em up to your liking.

Other GNR lovers have posted game adjustments to fix the scoring/end to their liking.

#555 3 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The ONLY thing this game fails on is scoring. That should be the easiest thing in the world to fix.

Well my take away is based on what Jack said recently, “the front windshield is much larger than the rear view mirror”.

He was replying to a re run of POTC.

Guessing the code ship has sailed. Unless, like Dwight did with Stern on Munsters and GB, updated yrs later most likely done.

Lucky for me, I don’t give a shit. But for the competitive players, I get it. Hope they do update.

If i want to go on a “code journey of perfection”, I’ll play my Lyman Sheets games.

#561 3 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I appreciate your response. I had GNR for a long time. I was in love with the game just like you, but around the 7 month mark I saw everything there was to see and got tired of timing out slash solo, skipping modes, and replacing those damn servos. I would love to own another JJP one day (outside of what they currently offer) as all sterns play similar to each other. But games designed by Eric and coded by Keefer are a non starter right now. To each their own

To each his own is right on. There is no right or wrong answer.

None of us really cares what anyone else thinks. Doesn’t matter.

All games get old after seeing everything over and over. Happened finally on TWD years ago.

Got tired of IMDN, it was constantly broken, a cheap pin.

No comparison imo, to any other music pin out there. Maybe EJ now. That’s just me.

#565 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

I had it in my house, I cranked it up and it was a bore. That machine is BEAUTIFUL and was built to sell...not play.

Play better. Hear better. See better.

You’ve unloaded a lot of great games.

You must be the life of the party

#571 3 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

He’s far from alone in that opinion

He’s not the only one that just doesn’t get it then

Quoted from Animal:

...GnR was not one of them, lol...

Shows questionable judgment, your past collection list .

And of course pumping a Stern Jaws hard, which isn’t even out yet. And then complaining about the negative opinions?

And mistakenly thinking that “Jaws will hold its value”.

I get it, the excited honeymoon phase, I’m excited too!

Back to the JJP bash thread.

#582 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

I have to give you credit, you do amuse me. "Pumping a Stern Jaws hard" wtf. One, you make reference to a completely different thread than this one, 2, im not "pumping" I have no financial interest in Stern. I am eager to take delivery of a JAWS pin as it is my favorite movie and I am eager/confident that it will become a successful pin due to it being a great theme and a Stern/ Elwin creation. I remember eagerly waiting for a GnR LE NIB as well, but we all know how that worked out. Compare GnR to Rush, what I replaced it with ...no fucking comparison!!! Even Slash got rid of his GnR.
Then there is my past collection: Stern, JJP, CGC, Gottlieb, diversity in pinball manufacturers makes our hobby stronger. Most all the pins I "unloaded" were due to me beating wizard mod. But, with GnR, that was not the case: Live and Let Die was cool the first time, but then it devolved to chopping wood.
Finally. This is not a JJP bash thread. When you have an unhappy customer bitching in your face what do you have? Disaster? NO!! You have a customer communicating that they WANT YOU TO MAKE IT RIGHT. So get off your high horse. You may think having a 25 pin collection makes you some kinda big deal around here, but it makes me think you lack imagination and don't get out much. YOU are the JJP pumper! We want JJP to do better!

hypocrite

You pump Jaws non stop and criticized anyone that didn’t think like you. Same with JJP in reverse.

Some of us want Stern to “do better”. wtf.

#583 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

So he was given a GnR CE and he donated it to charity after opening and playing it.

What a bunch of horseshit. Slash didn’t like the game he helped create and put so much of himself and the band into!

Give it up. Nobody cares whether or not YOU didn’t like it or the 4 upvotes that agree with you, but to throw that BS out there is a F ing joke.

Go back to the Jaws pump thread. Greatest ever

#585 3 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

But do I really? How do I turn off the darn ball save on just the multiball on Godfather? How do I increase the difficulty to start the multiballs? I’ve thumbed through the settings and am struggling to see where this gets accomplished.
I’ve bought four JJP’s over the years, and three are still in my collection (WOZ, GnR, and GF). I like a lot of things about JJP. Their coding attitude objectively sucks; and it’s a damn shame as their coding skeleton is really good.
Back a decade ago I said the same thing about Stern, but they fixed their problems (and made lots of statements at the time that they recognized their problems). JJP gives us no feedback at all…as far as we know Keefer thinks his coding is a total masterpiece that needs no further tweaking.

Tiger, Eskaybee has a few posts on setting GNR to play and score more balanced if that is what you are after.

He’s an excellent player and long time pinhead. Loves GNR

The coding attitude? I don’t get it either but what’s there on the JJP games i have works for me.

Wonka is probably as good as it gets code wise

The theme integration on GNR and code modes etc also works for me. Scoring imbalance and MBs can be adjusted.

I like most games though that I purchase obviously

#596 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

lol, love it...

Dude, this is the #WheresTheCode / What happened to code updates at JJP thread, stop trying to change the conversation.

Nope, its on the record, he gave it away, clearly he didnt like it. "he helped create it" lol, please that's all marketing bullshit...man you have really drunk the kool-aid!!!! Man, next thing you will say is "its a concert in a pinball machine." Wait, you already have, lol.

You should stop while you are way behind.

Most likely one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on Pinside and that’s saying something And I’ve said my share of stupid

Did you keep Rush because you are Canadian or that Bare Naked Lady worked on it, another Canadian. You are just anti American band pins

Are you really Koolruis? No he loves GNR. Nvm

It’s a concert in a pinball machine. And Slash hates it.

Btw, I just called Slash with Eric and he says he has a GNR for every house and takes 3 on tour.

Where’s the code JJP? New code drop on EJ

Steve Ritchie, the King, rides again!

#603 3 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m mostly happy with GnR’s code with the changes I can do in the settings. GNR isn’t my issue (though I’d like to see some tweaking)…it’s Godfather. Godfather has an incredible layout, great light show, and good skeleton of rules…but the code has just destroyed it as a multiplayer game and I can’t find how to change it in the settings.

Anhhh. Multiplayer. I’m just a poor solo guy at my house. . No family and friends that want to play.

Just me, the pins and my beer occasionally.

#611 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm really surprised there hasn't been any legal action taken against JJP specifically on Pirates given the code was never completed.

#615 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The incomplete code sucks, there's no way around it. But at least in the case of JPOTC you can sell your game for a tidy profit and move on with nothing lost.

It’s a whole lot more than tidy.

wtf with some of these people. JPOTC has a ton of characters and ways to play it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-code-updates-at-jjp?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.