(Topic ID: 132426)

Walking Dead LE ranked #61 on Pinside?? Lol!!

By kklank

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Does The Walking Dead belong in the Top 20?”

• yes 59 votes
    21%
  • nope 201 votes
    71%
  • It belongs in the Top 10! 24 votes
    8%

(284 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-07-16_at_8.46.29_PM.png
IMG_0855.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg
image.jpg
twd_pinball_animated_walker4.gif
DSCF1409.jpg
DSCF1411.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The Walking Dead LE ranked #61 on Pinside! Are you kidding me?
It couldn't beat Roadshow, Family Guy, or Revenge From Mars to name a few. To each his own I guess but TWD is pretty amazing imho. I've got it in the top 20 at least!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

TWD has always been a great game, just takes a while for people to understand the potential.
The good thing is, there is such a huge list of scoring opportunities. That combined with the inlane multiplier and double playfield you can score big at any moment in the game. It seems really easy but if you try too hard it won't work.
But once you get a good mode going, combined with multiball(s), multikills, etc... your score takes a leap across the ocean.
On ACDC you can cash in the song jackpot with a multiplier. On TWD you can build up your mode scoring (with multipliers) and then cash in big on the final shot in a mode. If you play good, your multikills are worth a lot more and this can count up really nice. This makes also horde more valuable, etc etc..
I own the game some months now and I'm still surprised by all the different ways to score big. But you have to play it right, no gifts.

Have you been to Siege yet? I have not. Been to Horde twice but don't know what I'm doing. Still super cool and deep rules. Top 10 for me. This game isn't a sleeper anymore. With the code updates, its really getting awesome. Someone out there needs to release an official rule sheet.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What a stupid thread and an even more stupid poll

I respect your opinion. Now scram troll. Take your angry down the road.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly. Even as great as the code updates have been, I still don't think I would own this pin without the work that people like Cleland have done via Pinball Browser.

You got me there. Cleland is the man.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I wasn't refering to TWD at all. Nothing personal against him until he made it personal. I just can't stand threads like this. It will eventually turn into a shit pile.

I didn't say you were referring to TWD. Your comment about how stupid the thread and troll is pretty darn negative. Than you call me a moron. What's next. I define a troll that tries to provoke an even more negative response. The only thing turning into a shit pile is your negative posts. Read everyone elses' posts. Nothing negative.......except yours.

#23 8 years ago

I've read your posts before QuarterGrabber and have never had any objection before. Just felt like this came out of left field.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

The community has been working on this since v1
Feel free to add in what you learn as you go!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

Thanks e4mafia!! Didn't even know this existed. It's fantastic. I will definitely contribute in any way I can.

#30 8 years ago

You know my intention wasn't to necessarily pump up TWDLE but more to discuss the comparison of games or ranking on Pinside. I personally don't have any machines in my line up for the nostalgia factor.
I buy based on depth of strategy/ruleset, Looks and sounds of the pin, and how fun it is. I know this is subjective and its just my opinion but I'm personally a big fan of new technology. For me, the only two that has stood the test of time that I would like to have in my small collection again is TAF and TZ. (I've never played MM a lot). I know there's a lot of holes in this but its fun for discussion.

2 weeks later
#217 8 years ago

All I'm saying is that TWDLE should be ranked much higher. I don't want to name any games above this list because it'll turn into a big argument but I really think overtime more pinsiders will take a shot on buying one of these and realize it's a hidden gem. Lyman worked on the code.....enough said. The layout is very unique which makes it much more difficult to figure out a strategy. Look I'm a fan(pun intended) of the fan layout as much as anyone but for me my top 3 games that get the most play time are TWDLE, LOTR, and ACDC Premium(sorry Centerflank but no more Lucis are on the way or I'd be buying one!). I've owned Tron(not an LE) and a STLE and even though I don't own them anymore, I would rank all of these pins extremely high in the same grouping. So do I believe it's a top 20 pin? Absolutely.
61? Not a chance. Keep in mind, I specifically said the LE. I've never had experience on the pro or premium so I can't speak for those models.
One other thing, I've never played a modern pin that has had the typical drop targets(on the side) like Metallica and others on a pin so deeply involved in a game. Starting the Blood Bath Multiball is so unique with this aspect tied to it and also another reason why it is so interesting to figure out a successful strategy to kick some ass on this game. Is there any other pins that have the same layout? Because I can't think of any.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-ranked-61-on-pinside-lol?tu=kklank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.