(Topic ID: 132426)

Walking Dead LE ranked #61 on Pinside?? Lol!!

By kklank

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Does The Walking Dead belong in the Top 20?”

• yes 59 votes
    21%
  • nope 201 votes
    71%
  • It belongs in the Top 10! 24 votes
    8%

(284 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_Shot_2015-07-16_at_8.46.29_PM.png
IMG_0855.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg
image.jpg
twd_pinball_animated_walker4.gif
DSCF1409.jpg
DSCF1411.jpg
image.jpg

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Funny how the same handful of people relentlessly attack TWD. I completely understand not liking a game and stating your opinion, but it's much more than that. There must be some psychological issue at play

It's pinside, a lot of threads are like that. I think it's just a battle between TWD owners not trying to have their investment turn into another avengers and others that are trying to rain on their parade.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Last time someone did that they got a permanent thread ejection.

Hobbit must be on the protected species list

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

It's pinside, a lot of threads are like that. I think it's just a battle between TWD owners not trying to have their investment turn into another Avengers and others that are trying to rain on their parade.

I don't think TWD will go the way of Avengers. I wanted Avengers to be amazing - almost bought one a year ago. But after pumping a LOT of quarters into one, I'm happy I didn't. Not as bad as everyone says it is, but definitely not a great game.

TWD shoots well and is shaping up to have a fantastic ruleset. Avengers may have decent rules, but it just doesn't shoot well. I don't think TWD will recover in ratings from the initial blast it received, but I think there's a reason you aren't seeing many change hands right now.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Changing quotes is against Pinside rules

Quoted from RobT:

Robin should just update Pinside code to auto-eject anyone that types the phrase "fixed that for you." That bit wore thin at least 15 years ago.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Robin should just update Pinside code to auto-eject anyone that types the phrase "fixed that for you." That bit wore thin at least 15 years ago.

Sometimes they are funny though, unlike this most recent example.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pimp77, why give me a thumbs down for this post?

Simple statement of fact. Never said I agreed with it.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Only the ones you write or agree with are funny.
Sensitive crowd here. Sheesh, it's all good until someone disagrees with another's opinion.
I actually like the game (except the fact that too many shots go to the pops IMO). The new code is a nice step in the right (fun) direction, but the layout can't be changed. That only gets it so high on my list and it's about where it ranks right now by the masses. It's my opinion. A lot of people happen to agree with it, but a lot don't...pretty much like every other game. No need to cry and scream "ban him, he doesn't agree with us"!

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pimp77, why give me a thumbs down for this post?
Simple statement of fact. Never said I agreed with it.

Really? You are heavily implying that I should be banned from this thread. My quote was changed too, but I don't think that guy should be banned. It's all in good fun.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Only the ones you write or agree with are funny.
Sensitive crowd here. Sheesh, it's all good until someone disagrees with another's opinion.
I actually like the game (except the fact that too many shots go to the pops IMO). The new code is a nice step in the right (fun) direction, but the layout can't be changed. That only gets it so high on my list and it's about where it ranks right now by the masses. It's my opinion. A lot of people happen to agree with it, but a lot don't...pretty much like every other game. No need to cry and scream "ban him, he doesn't agree with us"!

Then type something funny for once so I can give you the thumb up

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Then type something funny for once so I can give you the thumb up

Now that's funny.

If I want to get a thumbs up from you I just have to say that Tron is totally awesome and better than that jumping Pixar mascot.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sometimes honesty doesn't come in the form of comedy.

There I made a funny for pimp

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Tron is totally awesome and better than that jumping Pixar mascot.

Brown nosing should be against pinside rules as well.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Really? You are heavily implying that I should be banned from this thread. My quote was changed too, but I don't think that guy should be banned. It's all in good fun.

Again, I was stating a fact. Not only did the poster get permanently ejected from the thread in question, I was also caught up in it for saying "I don't care who you are, that's funny right there" as it was interpreted as me encouraging violation of Pinside rules.

Instead of taking my statement of fact as an implication that you should be banned from the thread, maybe you should consider taking it in the context that was intended. I.e., a word of caution so that you aren't ejected from the thread.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think where the Pinside rating system really falls apart is when you're trying to compare pinball machines across multiple generations. For example, Space Shuttle is not even in the Pinside top 100 and is one of the most influential and important machines of all time. The theme and artwork are extremely well done, the gameplay is great, and the code is complete. But yet a game like Batman Dark Knight is ranked top 50 and is a pretty ho-hum Stern game and wasn't influential, important or even all that successful. I don't know how it deserves to be over twice as high in the ratings as an all time classic that was super successful and kept pinball alive in the mid 80's.

If you go through the rating system wizard, historical influence is not a category and should have no bearing on the rating result. How influential a game was in history has no bearing on how good that game is now and how it stacks up. Code on older games was so simplistic. There is a ton more code in batman dark night than space shuttle, for example. I think all those older games should be rated as how they would be received if they were the latest nib release today. History is irrelevant.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If you go through the rating system wizard, historical influence is not a category and should have no bearing on the rating result. How influential a game was in history has no bearing on how good that game is now and how it stacks up. Code on older games was so simplistic. There is a ton more code in batman dark night than Space Shuttle, for example. I think all those older games should be rated as how they would be received if they were the latest nib release today. History is irrelevant.

I agree, and in this example BDK is a much better game than Space Shuttle. Space Shuttle may have a nice place in history, but it's not near the game BDK is (especially in rules). I don't think I'd own a SS, but I'd like a BDK at some point.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I don't think TWD will go the way of Avengers.

If anything, TWD gets by on theme. There are no other zombie games and no modern horror themed pins. Avengers, being a superhero pin - will inevitably be compared to Spider-Man, Batman, Ironman, X-Men, etc.

#217 4 years ago

All I'm saying is that TWDLE should be ranked much higher. I don't want to name any games above this list because it'll turn into a big argument but I really think overtime more pinsiders will take a shot on buying one of these and realize it's a hidden gem. Lyman worked on the code.....enough said. The layout is very unique which makes it much more difficult to figure out a strategy. Look I'm a fan(pun intended) of the fan layout as much as anyone but for me my top 3 games that get the most play time are TWDLE, LOTR, and ACDC Premium(sorry Centerflank but no more Lucis are on the way or I'd be buying one!). I've owned Tron(not an LE) and a STLE and even though I don't own them anymore, I would rank all of these pins extremely high in the same grouping. So do I believe it's a top 20 pin? Absolutely.
61? Not a chance. Keep in mind, I specifically said the LE. I've never had experience on the pro or premium so I can't speak for those models.
One other thing, I've never played a modern pin that has had the typical drop targets(on the side) like Metallica and others on a pin so deeply involved in a game. Starting the Blood Bath Multiball is so unique with this aspect tied to it and also another reason why it is so interesting to figure out a successful strategy to kick some ass on this game. Is there any other pins that have the same layout? Because I can't think of any.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anything, TWD gets by on theme. There are no other zombie games and no modern horror themed pins. Avengers, being a superhero pin - will inevitably be compared to Spider-Man, Batman, Ironman, X-Men, etc.

That's a good point and not something I really thought about. Comparing Avengers to SM or IM is silly as those two games are universally loved (by what, 99% of the pinball community?).

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

That's a good point and not something I really thought about. Comparing Avengers to SM or IM is silly as those two games are universally loved (by what, 99% of the pinball community?).

Exactly - so if you're not feeling Avengers, you have other super hero options. Despite TWD's flaws, since there are no other zombie/horror games - if you're a fan of that genre - you can overlook those things as there's nothing else like it.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was also caught up in it for saying "I don't care who you are, that's funny right there" as it was interpreted as me encouraging violation of Pinside rules.

My personal theory: The official explanation was wrong -- you dropped in a line often associated with Larry the Cable Guy (if you hear Larry say it, it's a good bet it was directly preceded by a borderline racist joke of some kind), and the mods struck preemptively in fear that a flood of folksy "red neck" "humor" was soon to follow.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gets by on theme. Hmm. TWD Pro is currently rated 137 and going by that logic is saying it would otherwise rate lower. Don't see it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside