20230721_224445.jpg
hysterical-laughter.gif
limbo.gif
59F784CF-C9AD-4D45-B1B6-66EC23585188 (resized).jpeg
giphy (14).gif
PXL_20230609_104627867.MP (resized).jpg
889D300D-CADF-4080-A838-DA61D50814B2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
#301 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Again, you just have to adjust the default rules. It makes it an entirely new game. I agree on the MB though. The jackpots are everywhere. If they did a theatre/sim combo super jackpot, it would be way better. JJP just doesn't write good code. Even their best games have mediocre code...

I just feel weird changing the scoring. It makes me feel like I am not playing the same game as everyone else. Worse than putting it on 5 ball. I know… that’s on me.

They just need to find a way to balance the scoring… since the modes are basically it… whether it is with a Big Bang or going for the disaster mode multipliers. The MB’s and the Bob modes are just novelties.

#302 9 months ago

Dialed in is the anthesis of BM66.

Dialed In had the tech and a fun PF… but BM66 has the art, music, topper…. And most importantly… dynamic code that provides endless ways to play.

#303 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Dang, that sucks to hear. I feel like we at Flip N Out Pinball go above and beyond for our customers, with written reviews and a loyal customer-base to prove it. We are still one of the only dealers to provide free shipping on all new Stern Pro and Premiums, as well as a dedicated tech/warranty team that makes sure everything is taken care of, even many times when the manufacturer won’t cover something. As we always say, selling pinball machines is pretty simple, but being there for the customer and providing more is what sets us apart. Feel free to message us with any questions or concerns you may have.

You may offer free shipping but you charge tax and also up charge for machines. I was looking for a good dealer and found one that does not play those games. I would never buy from anyone else. You know you make your money on these new games and there is hidden money wether it’s the price of the game or tax that is not accounted for on paper. That is how you make up the free shipping. It isn’t free people. Don’t trust dealers like this that play games.

#304 9 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I just feel weird changing the scoring. It makes me feel like I am not playing the same game as everyone else. Worse than putting it on 5 ball. I know… that’s on me.
They just need to find a way to balance the scoring… since the modes are basically it… whether it is with a Big Bang or going for the disaster mode multipliers. The MB’s and the Bob modes are just novelties.

I get it. I've never nerfed another game in my life, but I did it out of desperation. It was either sell it or try to fix the shitty rules. Once you do the rules switch, the game opens up. Bob modes and the theatre actually mean something. The game is just way better.

#305 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

You may offer free shipping but you charge tax and also up charge for machines. I was looking for a good dealer and found one that does not play those games. I would never buy from anyone else. You know you make your money on these new games and there is hidden money wether it’s the price of the game or tax that is not accounted for on paper. That is how you make up the free shipping. It isn’t free people. Don’t trust dealers like this that play games.

That’s harsh. Shipping use to always be included with Sterns but lots of dealers began to charge during the shortage to inflate profits. And don’t think it’s fair to suggest he’s pocketing tax revenue - many of the larger dealers charge since they exceed the $ threshold requiring collection and would be stupid to play games with their business. Can definitely find dealers though that still include shipping and don’t collect taxes. I’ve never bought from Zach and he certainly likes to sell, sell, sell, but he’s an honest, great distributor by all accounts, and produces a ton of free content for the community (even if it’s good business marketing).

#306 9 months ago

I'm always mesmerized by the lengths some people will go to trying to convince others that a game is bad.

#307 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

I've dealt with Zach many times, and he's always been fair and goes above and beyond. Sorry but you are mistaken, there may be a few bad apples but he's definitely one of the good guys on here.

#308 9 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm always mesmerized by the lengths some people will go to trying to convince others that a game is bad.

You are? I'm far more irritated when people swear to God a shit game is good. That's far worse.

#309 9 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You are? I'm far more irritated when people swear to God a shit game is good. That's far worse.

That's your opinion.So you don't like the game. Fine myself and others do.

Cheers

#310 9 months ago
Quoted from indybru:

That's your opinion.So you don't like the game. Fine myself and others do.
Cheers

Let's beat the horse some more. It can't feel pain; It's dead!

Very few hate the game. It has some flaws (LCD, mostly), but it was priced way too high, hence the pitchforks.

#311 9 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I get when someone says they like...or don't like...a game. You like it? Cool. You don't? Ok.

What I don't get is when someone has to tell you over...and over...and over...how bad it is. It's just repetitive noise at that point. Regardless of the pin, if you have to work that hard to tell the world how bad a game is, perhaps the game isn't the problem.

#312 9 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

That’s harsh. Shipping use to always be included with Sterns but lots of dealers began to charge during the shortage to inflate profits. And don’t think it’s fair to suggest he’s pocketing tax revenue - many of the larger dealers charge since they exceed the $ threshold requiring collection and would be stupid to play games with their business. Can definitely find dealers that still include shipping and don’t collect taxes. I’ve never bought from Zach and he certainly likes to sell, sell, sell, but he’s an honest, great distributor by all accounts, and produces a ton of free content for the community (even if it’s good business marketing).

Because you’re off on some facts above you are either talking about another dealer or just bashing a great distributor for a cheap thrill.

#313 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Looks like you’re in NY. We are not currently required to collect state sales tax in NY. Honestly, I think you have us mixed up with someone else. Same with the upcharge accusation. I’d love to see an invoice from us jacking up the price and collecting NY state tax. Snap a pic and message it to me. I’ll give you a free topper of your choice if it was Flip N Out Pinball. Otherwise, please put down the pitchfork or go poke the person you have us mistaken for.

#314 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Zach has never charged me tax (I’m in NV). Flip n out has never marked anything up. They have sent me stern ball trap kits and replacement parts and have never even charged me the shipping. You must have them confused them with someone else - maybe the dealer that’s stealing their pictures.

#315 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks like you’re in NY. We are not currently required to collect state sales tax in NY. Honestly, I think you have us mixed up with someone else. Same with the upcharge accusation. I’d love to see an invoice from us jacking up the price and collecting NY state tax. Snap a pic and message it to me. I’ll give you a free topper of your choice if it was Flip N Out Pinball. Otherwise, please put down the pitchfork or go poke the person you have us mistaken for.

Here you go ZMeny ! I have proof you thief!!! Free topper please! Pm me.
59F784CF-C9AD-4D45-B1B6-66EC23585188 (resized).jpeg59F784CF-C9AD-4D45-B1B6-66EC23585188 (resized).jpeg

#316 9 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here you go ZMeny ! I have proof you thief!!! Free topper please! Pm me.
[quoted image]

SEE, I know that's a fake because Greg's mom always delivers for FREE...ya know, cause she's a real giver...

#317 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SEE, I know that's a fake because Greg's mom always delivers for FREE...ya know, cause she's a real giver...

Damn! Sooo close….

#318 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Again, you just have to adjust the default rules. It makes it an entirely new game. I agree on the MB though. The jackpots are everywhere. If they did a theatre/sim combo super jackpot, it would be way better. JJP just doesn't write good code. Even their best games have mediocre code...

I'm sorry, maybe I'm weird, but the whole "just change the settings" thing does not work for me. The factory settings are set up like that for a reason, thats how the game is supposed to be played. I go changing all these settings I might as well put it on 5 ball play too. Sure little things like coil strengths and whatnot to help dial in a game is fine but actually going in and, for lack of a better term, "changing the code" is just not cool with me. I should not have to change all kinds of things in the code to make a game more fun. It should be set up where its good from the factory, and if its not, then thats an issue. When its the factory settings its an even playing field (no pinball pun intended) for everyone.

#319 9 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm weird, but the whole "just change the settings" thing does not work for me. The factory settings are set up like that for a reason, thats how the game is supposed to be played.

I've lost interest in doing things simply because I was "supposed to". I appreciate that's how the designers made the game. But if anyone wants to add 2 balls, set the pitch to 8 degrees, and disable one of the flippers because that's what they like, I think more power to them. Is it for me? No. For you? Clearly not. Should either of our opinions (or the opinions of anyone else, including the designers) change what they do? I hope not.

#320 9 months ago

Whatever makes the game fun to the player/owner is what the designer intended.

#321 9 months ago

Meh. nevermind.

#322 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I dunno man…. Looks legit.

#323 9 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've lost interest in doing things simply because I was "supposed to". I appreciate that's how the designers made the game. But if anyone wants to add 2 balls, set the pitch to 8 degrees, and disable one of the flippers because that's what they like, I think more power to them. Is it for me? No. For you? Clearly not. Should either of our opinions (or the opinions of anyone else, including the designers) change what they do? I hope not.

They can do whatever they want with their game but if somebody tells me XX bad game is actually good if you simply set it to 5 balls, then I'm gonna laugh in their face. Theres a difference between changing things to suit your preference and having to change things to "improve" the game. Also, yeah don't ever talk about your score to me if you ever changed around a bunch of stuff in your settings. Your scores are completely null, void, and meaningless to literally everyone but you, so don't even bring it up. Anything you've done in the game no longer matters to anyone but you.

#324 9 months ago

If you not familiar JJP games have a settings menu on the game difficulty. I'm usually at medium there are two settings harder and two easier.

I believe the default is medium. Not that anyone cares only change I have made was on Wonka, it's on an easier setting than medium but not the easiest.

#325 9 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They can do whatever they want with their game but if somebody tells me XX bad game is actually good if you simply set it to 5 balls, then I'm gonna laugh in their face. Theres a difference between changing things to suit your preference and having to change things to "improve" the game. Also, yeah don't ever talk about your score to me if you ever changed around a bunch of stuff in your settings. Your scores are completely null, void, and meaningless to literally everyone but you, so don't even bring it up. Anything you've done in the game no longer matters to anyone but you.

Who said anything about changing a game to five ball?

I've changed the settings on almost every game I have, usually setting everything to hard difficulty and turning off extra balls. Do my scores count?

The coders on dialed in did not do a good job. The game is not balanced. If you want the game to be balanced, you have to make the Bob modes and theatre modes more available. Does this make the game easier, yes. It's like tz after the changes. So now you have to adjust your pitch, slings, outlanes and other rules to make the game more difficult, just like tz.

#326 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've changed the settings on almost every game I have, usually setting everything to hard difficulty and turning off extra balls. Do my scores count?
The coders on dialed in did not do a good job. The game is not balanced. If you want the game to be balanced, you have to make the Bob modes and theatre modes more available. Does this make the game easier, yes. It's like tz after the changes. So now you have to adjust your pitch, slings, outlanes and other rules to make the game more difficult, just like tz.

I would argue that DI is more of a tournament style game. Meaning the points are in the modes, and multiballs serve to keep you alive. The goal isn't to live in multiball (the way Erik's games are), but rather to use them as a tool to get through hard modes and make risky shots (e.g., Sim Card). You get to a point where you have to decide to try for a SIM card shot or make five shots to start a multiball and try to make the risky shot during MB. It's your game, so absolutely tweak it how you want it to play, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't an intention method for coding it the way it currently sits.

#327 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno man…. Looks legit.

The dead giveaway here is All of my invoices from Zach are usually in green crayon.

#328 9 months ago
Quoted from atum:

I would argue that DI is more of a tournament style game. Meaning the points are in the modes, and multiballs serve to keep you alive. The goal isn't to live in multiball (the way Erik's games are), but rather to use them as a tool to get through hard modes and make risky shots (e.g., Sim Card). You get to a point where you have to decide to try for a SIM card shot or make five shots to start a multiball and try to make the risky shot during MB. It's your game, so absolutely tweak it how you want it to play, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't an intention method for coding it the way it currently sits.

The game was absolutely not designed to be: light bang, start mode, Bang, get sim, repeat, add in mb if you want more balls during your sim quest.

I've owned the game since release, and it's always sucked because the code promotes this one dimensional gameplay. Keep it that way if it's what you're after.

#329 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

... light bang, start mode, Bang, get sim, repeat, add in mb if you want more balls during your sim quest.

Are you changing the Big Bang difficulty?
I keep hearing this but not really seeing more than 3-4 big bangs In a game. After 2 BBs it's less shots to finish a mode than light BB

#330 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

This just further proves the point I'm trying to make that JJP does a bad job with setting up their games. If you have to change all the settings around on JJP games, then that is a problem. Everything needs to be pretty much standardized or theres not really any comparing your gameplay achievements with anyone elses. If you want to turn off EB's and play tournament style, sure thats fine with me

#331 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you changing the Big Bang difficulty?
I keep hearing this but not really seeing more than 3-4 big bangs In a game. After 2 BBs it's less shots to finish a mode than light BB

I don't change it because I now focus on the theatre and Bob modes more. I used to just shoot the theatre, hold upper flipper to light bang. Start mode, hit Bang. Repeat. Use mb to get Sims. It's like the coders didn't even bother to play the game during testing.

#332 9 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't change it because I now focus on the theatre and Bob modes more. I used to just shoot the theatre, hold upper flipper to light bang. Start mode, hit Bang. Repeat. Use mb to get Sims. It's like the coders didn't even bother to play the game during testing.

There just isn't (aren't?) enough BBs to really make this worth it, plus you get less points. I think one of your issues is you seemed to be playing the game with a shitty strategy
But I guess you "fixed" that. I searched for your post of changes but couldn't find it.

#333 9 months ago

Hey,I thought this was the place to trash Toy Story!

#334 9 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

Hey,I thought this was the place to trash Toy Story!

It is. Whats your contribution?

#335 9 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Let the shame of the cake toppers forever curse TS4 and it's shameful price tag.

#336 9 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

cash box too small?

#337 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Man, stuff like this has just zapped my enthusiasm for this place. A certain faction of trolls just drop these little turd bombs and run away.

Shame on you!

#338 9 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

cash box too small?

Well played! Sincerely hope you are making bank!!

#339 9 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

"How Low Can It Go"

limbo.giflimbo.gif

#340 9 months ago

Well for the record… TS4 is my favorite JJP game (I don’t have many games on TH, POTC, or TGF). I also enjoy Dialed In, but the code causes me to long periods without playing it.

I will say this about TS4…. It’s not everyone. The theme and music will be very hot or miss… and the game itself won’t be too challenging for good players.

#341 9 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Everything needs to be pretty much standardized or theres not really any comparing your gameplay achievements with anyone elses.

I might argue that not everyone is interested in playing tournaments or comparing their skills to the next guy. Some folks don't play pinball to be competitive but play it for no other reason than they just enjoy playing pinball. If they have no intention of being competitive or desire to compare their play against another player, what is wrong with them changing settings to suit their personal tastes?

Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm weird, but the whole "just change the settings" thing does not work for me. The factory settings are set up like that for a reason, thats how the game is supposed to be played.

I have to wonder: If you come across a pin that you don't enjoy playing because the default settings just make the game less enjoyable for you (JJP pin or otherwise), would you simply decide that you never want to play that pin again or have it in your collection? Or, would you be open to making a few settings adjustments (whatever they may be) to make playing the pin more fun for you?

I'm not saying that either approach (1. Either I like the game as it was intended, with factory settings, or I don't like the game. or .... 2. I'm willing to tweak some settings on the pin to make it more approachable and more to my personal liking) is inherently wrong. Opinions are very personal and not inherently right or wrong; they are just opinions.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting what you are saying but it sounds like you are intolerant of people making settings changes. Hell, they paid for the pin, why should they not adjust settings to whatever makes them happiest playing it?

For the record, everyone in my family (right down to the grandchildren) are fairly weak players and I have adjusted the settings to accommodate the larger group. As my grandchildren improve, I will adjust the settings accordingly. If this keeps my family coming back to play more, then I have accomplished the thing that I bought my pins for, in the first place. When everyone is good enough to play at tournament level and they want to see how they stack up to other players, I'll leave those factory settings unchanged. Until then, I find that changing settings (in our case, to make the pin a little easier and more approachable) to be a perfectly acceptable thing to do; at least, for my family.

I guess this is why people use the expression, 'to each their own.'

#342 9 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Man, stuff like this has just zapped my enthusiasm for this place.

After only 2 years?!

#343 9 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Man, stuff like this has just zapped my enthusiasm for this place. A certain faction of trolls just drop these little turd bombs and run away.
Shame on you!

It’s the internet. Real posters, but not the real world.

I, for one, most times enjoy the pov trolls can incite. Other times it’s meaningless.

#344 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

It’s the internet. Real posters, but not the real world.
I, for one, most times enjoy the pov trolls can incite. Other times it’s meaningless.

It’s not trolling smart ass. I’ve done my research on many of these dealers and they sneak in costs and even play games with the non refundable deposits even though the games only need to be paid for when they are ready to ship. I’ve talked to a few people who said Zach is shady with some business and because of that I won’t buy from him. I have found my dealer I trust and many should also be carful with certain dealers.

#345 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

It’s not trolling smart ass. I’ve done my research on many of these dealers and they sneak in costs and even play games with the non refundable deposits even though the games only need to be paid for when they are ready to ship. I’ve talked to a few people who said Zach is shady with some business and because of that I won’t buy from him. I have found my dealer I trust and many should also be carful with certain dealers.

I’ve bought idk ~12 machines from ZMeny . How many have you bought from him? Oh wait, you’ve “talked to a few people”… lemme guess, the people you’ve talked to were on fb live. Got it.

#346 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Your “Research” should also include the verified buyers on here that are telling you that is not true.

#347 9 months ago

ZMeny has gone way way out of his way to help me with a game and I am not even one of his regular customers. He treats everyone amazingly well whether you buy one game or 20 from him.

#348 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Hate to tell you, but I know the dealer you trust, and trust me, they can’t be trusted. The people I talk to know more than the ones you talk to. And they promised me your dealer is the one to avoid.

#349 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Wasn’t calling YOU a troll, was agreeing with you. Again, internet, not real world. My words would’ve been understood as I talked to you face to face.
Some dealers are shady af, some are dumb, some are lazy. Zach seems fine. A bit self-promoting, but otherwise ok.
Slow your roll…

#350 9 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hate to tell you, but I know the dealer you trust, and trust me, they can’t be trusted. The people I talk to know more than the ones you talk to. And they promised me your dealer is the one to avoid.

I heard about that guy/gal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 622 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-how-low-can-it-go-/page/7?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.