limbo.gif
59F784CF-C9AD-4D45-B1B6-66EC23585188 (resized).jpeg
giphy (14).gif
PXL_20230609_104627867.MP (resized).jpg
889D300D-CADF-4080-A838-DA61D50814B2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #274 BACKSTORY: David Thiel account of how he was pushed out of JJP Posted by daudioguy (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 10 months ago
Quoted from pbot:

Sounds good!
Since I am not used to "dealing" when purchasing a pinball: Anything to learn about good approaches upfront? Such as: I make it clear I like to purchase one, but offer MSRP - 20% ? Or do I refuse to give a number and have the seller keep making offers?

For some of the larger distributors like Automated, make sure to ask for and only deal with the owner - not a sales rep who happens to answer the call. Also let them know you’re active on Pinside and can pay cash, i.e check/wire if they prefer. You may also be able to save by picking up at a local depot and buying out-of-state.

Or, buy lightly used, get to inspect the playfield, etc. and save a lot more.

#135 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I don't see how they can consider making more of them at this point, everyone seems to have em collecting dust, it's not in demand, 2nd hand prices are down the drain. Needs an early retirement.

Woz and Hobbit use to be out of favor and available for $6k used all day, but if it’s pretty and an iconic theme there will be some number of casual pinball buyers that are not tuned into Pinside. Over time these games are cash cows for JJP.

2 weeks later
#305 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

You may offer free shipping but you charge tax and also up charge for machines. I was looking for a good dealer and found one that does not play those games. I would never buy from anyone else. You know you make your money on these new games and there is hidden money wether it’s the price of the game or tax that is not accounted for on paper. That is how you make up the free shipping. It isn’t free people. Don’t trust dealers like this that play games.

That’s harsh. Shipping use to always be included with Sterns but lots of dealers began to charge during the shortage to inflate profits. And don’t think it’s fair to suggest he’s pocketing tax revenue - many of the larger dealers charge since they exceed the $ threshold requiring collection and would be stupid to play games with their business. Can definitely find dealers though that still include shipping and don’t collect taxes. I’ve never bought from Zach and he certainly likes to sell, sell, sell, but he’s an honest, great distributor by all accounts, and produces a ton of free content for the community (even if it’s good business marketing).

4 months later
#522 5 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

I mean I get this part for sure I guess the other part is probably where the smoke (if it is even ?) came from.

The two owners are older, have stepped back from regular operations as CEO and CFO, younger family members are not involved, and they’ve brought in non-pinball executives from major companies - not hard to connect the dots that the business is being positioned for some type of sale.

Plenty of ways to prop up short term sales by leveraging their catalog of games. And it’s rare for a company to immediately fill a major capacity expansion vs. basing on longer term growth projections.

Seems like it would be easy to make non-pinhead investors drool over super high margins, dominant market share and growth prospects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 16.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-how-low-can-it-go-?tu=luckymoey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.