56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg
55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg
46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg
45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg
44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg
43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpg
PB2 (resized).jpg
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 6 months ago

Hey guys,

I am chasing down Delts custom audio software for my LE, does anyone have a copy they can send me or upload?

#552 6 months ago
Quoted from Brad1984:

Hey guys,
I am chasing down Delts custom audio software for my LE, does anyone have a copy they can send me or upload?

I don't have a copy but the last one released was code from years ago so you'd be losing out on quite a bit of Stern code.

For a while, modding music with Pinball Browser had mixed results, but you could try it with the latest Pinball Browser yourself to see if it works.

Another issue you'll have is if you have Stern IC. Getting modded code to work with that is not trivial.

#553 6 months ago

I just loved that audio in the code
Has anyone integrated that with the custom videos?

#554 6 months ago

wrong thread

1 week later
#555 6 months ago

Anyone here with the delt code? I am trying to get an updated version made for everyone

#556 6 months ago
Quoted from Brad1984:

Anyone here with the delt code? I am trying to get an updated version made for everyone

Does delt31 still have a copy tucked away somewhere?

1 week later
#557 5 months ago

I just installed this. Seamless, worked fine with an old 8gb card I had laying around, worked first try, zero issue at all so far. Wife LOVES it. Awesome.

#558 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I just installed this. Seamless, worked fine with an old 8gb card I had laying around, worked first try, zero issue at all so far. Wife LOVES it. Awesome.

Sweet! Love to hear this
Enjoy!!

1 week later
#559 5 months ago

Just got my TMNT Premium and am excited to put this code on there! Looking at the most recent version of it in the thread here and just wanted to ask anyone using it if they've had issues with Insider Connected? We just purchased IC to put in the machine and really like the "added value" it brings and would hate to have to lose it with this code. Hopefully all works well together, though!

#560 5 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Just got my TMNT Premium and am excited to put this code on there! Looking at the most recent version of it in the thread here and just wanted to ask anyone using it if they've had issues with Insider Connected? We just purchased IC to put in the machine and really like the "added value" it brings and would hate to have to lose it with this code. Hopefully all works well together, though!

I've been rocking the 1987 code with an added IC for over a year and it works great - no problems here.

#561 5 months ago

New 1.56 code is out, but it looks like there are no real new features.
It will take some time until code will be modifiable.

Please have a look if you disabled auto update when you have IC or your mod code will be replaced.

#562 5 months ago

I just bought a pro and want to add this. Can I use a MacBook to put the code on a sd card? I am not tech savvy. Also do I need to turn off automatic code updates on my machine? If I am on 1.56 code can I still download this or do I need to wait? Sorry for all the questions if they have been answered.

#563 5 months ago
Quoted from ashmath82:

I just bought a pro and want to add this. Can I use a MacBook to put the code on a sd card? I am not tech savvy. Also do I need to turn off automatic code updates on my machine? If I am on 1.56 code can I still download this or do I need to wait? Sorry for all the questions if they have been answered.

i think on mac you can use balena etcher mac version to write the sd-card. Some people had problems with this software, but the worst that will happen is that the image will not work 100% and you can still search for another software writing sd-cards or go back to original code.
I would use a different new sd-card then you can keep your old code.
is this a used machine, what built date does it have? going back in version may be on some game versions a problem when they use different node boards that do not support older code, but i don't think this is the case with tmnt.
you can move your settings with a usb-stick and in technical menu -> util -> load/save to the new image.
and yes it is advised to turn off auto update or else the code will be over written. Hope this helps, else just keep asking.

not sure when new 1987 mod code will be coming out, it depends when pinball browser will be able to open them.

#564 5 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

i think on mac you can use balena etcher mac version to write the sd-card. Some people had problems with this software, but the worst that will happen is that the image will not work 100% and you can still search for another software writing sd-cards or go back to original code.
I would use a different new sd-card then you can keep your old code.
is this a used machine, what built date does it have? going back in version may be on some game versions a problem when they use different node boards that do not support older code, but i don't think this is the case with tmnt.
you can move your settings with a usb-stick and in technical menu -> util -> load/save to the new image.
and yes it is advised to turn off auto update or else the code will be over written. Hope this helps, else just keep asking.
not sure when new 1987 mod code will be coming out, it depends when pinball browser will be able to open them.

Thank you for the response. I’ll try to borrow someone’s non Mac computer to download to make it easy. My pro was NIB, but not sure on build date. I will turn off auto updates. Looking forward to this 1987 code!

#565 5 months ago

Oh damn. I didn't realize game came with auto-updates on and it automatically updated itself to the new code. Is it easy enough to roll back or do I now need to wait for them to update the 1987 code to work with 1.56?

#566 5 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Oh damn. I didn't realize game came with auto-updates on and it automatically updated itself to the new code. Is it easy enough to roll back or do I now need to wait for them to update the 1987 code to work with 1.56?

Yeah if you make a fresh image of 1.55 1987 code you can use that again.
I recommend backing up scores and settings on a USB stick first. The option is under utils.

#567 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I recommend backing up scores and settings on a USB stick first. The option is under utils.

I had my game auto update to the new code so I reflashed a SD card back to the 1987 code. The problem is when I went into my game to export the scores in the utilities the old 1987 code wouldn't update it. I am wondering if it is because it is going back? I tried a couple times with selecting all settings and just high scores but neither worked. So I lost my scores but I do have my 87 code back .

#568 5 months ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I had my game auto update to the new code so I reflashed a SD card back to the 1987 code. The problem is when I went into my game to export the scores in the utilities the old 1987 code wouldn't update it. I am wondering if it is because it is going back? I tried a couple times with selecting all settings and just high scores but neither worked. So I lost my scores but I do have my 87 code back .

I like to think myself as smart but I couldn't figure out how to turn off auto updates just now.
Instead, I went into the Insider Connect menu and I'm only allowing updates between 12:00 and 12:01 (game is never on at that time).

#569 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I like to think myself as smart but I couldn't figure out how to turn off auto updates just now.
Instead, I went into the Insider Connect menu and I'm only allowing updates between 12:00 and 12:01 (game is never on at that time).

Thank you for posting this! I was finding myself in the same situation. Searching the internet on how to turn off auto updates is fruitless it seems. The best I could find was "turn off auto updates in the settings" which didn't help. I swear I looked through every menu and option and didn't see it, but it's possible I missed it or it's named something that isnt obvious.

#570 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Any tutorial or guide you can direct me to that explains how to make a fresh image of 1.55? Just got my first machine so i'm a complete newb

#571 5 months ago

Is this choice gone with the new update?

Quoted from Jblock22:

Thank you for posting this! I was finding myself in the same situation. Searching the internet on how to turn off auto updates is fruitless it seems. The best I could find was "turn off auto updates in the settings" which didn't help. I swear I looked through every menu and option and didn't see it, but it's possible I missed it or it's named something that isnt obvious.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

PXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpgPXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpg
#572 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is this choice gone with the new update?

[quoted image]

When I went into that menu, it was already downloading lol.

#573 5 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Any tutorial or guide you can direct me to that explains how to make a fresh image of 1.55? Just got my first machine so i'm a complete newb

I have an installation video on the first post in this thread that can walk you through that.

1 week later
#574 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I have an installation video on the first post in this thread that can walk you through that.

I'm a bit confused (sorry like I said first pinball machine). The Stern code was just updated to 1.56 but your mod code is for 1.55. Your video showed how to download and install the 1987 code to an SD card, but doesn't say anything about how to roll back the code from 1.56 to 1.55.

Again, being a newb, will imaging your code to that SD card and plugging it into the machine just automatically roll it back? Or will it be incompatible since the machine is on 1.56?

If it does automatically roll it back with your code, will it make my machine incompatible with stern insider since it's running on an older code (1.55) instead of the newest code of 1.56?

Sorry if these questions seem dumb, just trying to figure out how to do this correctly! lol

#575 5 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

I'm a bit confused (sorry like I said first pinball machine). The Stern code was just updated to 1.56 but your mod code is for 1.55. Your video showed how to download and install the 1987 code to an SD card, but doesn't say anything about how to roll back the code from 1.56 to 1.55.
Again, being a newb, will imaging your code to that SD card and plugging it into the machine just automatically roll it back? Or will it be incompatible since the machine is on 1.56?
If it does automatically roll it back with your code, will it make my machine incompatible with stern insider since it's running on an older code (1.55) instead of the newest code of 1.56?
Sorry if these questions seem dumb, just trying to figure out how to do this correctly! lol

you can roll back code with the sd-card image. But if you have some patients a mod code 1.56 will be released soon.
The Sd-card does include the complete Operating system and the node board flash files. If you plug in a card it will Boot up and flash the node-boards to the version needed for your version to play. Thats also the reason you should make a back of your settings, by pluggin in a usb stick, then in the technical menu go to -> util -> load/save

this way you can backup your highscore and settings and move it to the new image.

When you install older code on a machine you need to disable the auto update function of Insider Connect or it will overwrite the mod code.

#576 5 months ago

1.56 1987 code is officially up!
Thanks as always to the behind the scenes help!!

#577 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

thank you, Cabral and the others

#578 5 months ago

Are there any videos of the now defunct Delts audio package in action? Curious to hear it, thanks

#579 5 months ago
Quoted from Crewey:

Are there any videos of the now defunct Delts audio package in action? Curious to hear it, thanks

no this are only the videos from daveyvandy. As i remember Delt31 images only had some april hurry up videos replaced.
Also the Delt31 sounds are not included. Do you still have an old image Delt31 stored away? I would be interrested in it.

#580 5 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

no this are only the videos from daveyvandy. As i remember Delt31 images only had some april hurry up videos replaced.
Also the Delt31 sounds are not included. Do you still have an old image Delt31 stored away? I would be interrested in it.

Unfortunately not, I've had my TMNT Pro for only a month and have used the 1987 the whole time.
Very curious to hear what the Delt31 sounds were.

#581 5 months ago
Quoted from Crewey:

Unfortunately not, I've had my TMNT Pro for only a month and have used the 1987 the whole time.
Very curious to hear what the Delt31 sounds were.

I just checked an old link that delt31 sent me a few years ago and unfortunately it doesn't work anymore.
I remember using it a long time ago and the music was taken from from varying sources, but I think mostly video games.
My personal take was that I actually liked the Stern music better. Nothing against delt31 of course.
Nowadays, it's not really feasible to get music or sounds replaced using Pinball Browser. You'll now get random popping noises to any replaced sounds.
The one thing that was cool was having the very original TMNT theme music, but even then, the loop cut was impossible to get right, so you'd hear a gap in the music when it repeated.

All that said, it's not too hard to use Pinball Browser - you should give it a try! Who knows, maybe the sound issues will be overcome.

#582 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You're the man! Haven't played around with putting custom code on my machine yet but am excited to give this a try!

#583 4 months ago

Hey guys! Hoping you can help me with something, as this is my first time doing any version modding and i thought I followed everything to a T but am having some issues.

Just got the 1987 code for the new 1.56 update. Downloaded and installed the premium/LE version for my prem machine, got it all set with pinball browser and loaded onto my machine. Booted up, looked fine. However, I initally was getting node errors. I waited a bit, turned off and back on, and am still getting 3 "tech alerts" for validation errors.

Reading the initial post, I turned the game off, popped out my 1987 sd card and stuck my original back in the machine to play a couple games which it states should fix those errors. However, now upon booting up my original card I was greeted to a "Game Validation Error, Update SD Card" red banner on my LCD screen. I disregarded for now and played 2 games. Turned off the machine, switched cards back out for the 1987 code card, and am still receiving 3 validation error tech alerts.

The game ~seems~ to play fine, but these errors are annoying and also im not sure if it's effecting anything playwise.

Can anyone help me get this nipped in the bud? The 1987 code looks awesome and I want to be able to play it without issue.

Also, just in case I want to switch it up and go back to the original animations at some point, can anyone tell me why i'm now getting that game validation error when using the original card/code?

Thanks!

#584 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey guys! Hoping you can help me with something, as this is my first time doing any version modding and i thought I followed everything to a T but am having some issues.
Just got the 1987 code for the new 1.56 update. Downloaded and installed the premium/LE version for my prem machine, got it all set with pinball browser and loaded onto my machine. Booted up, looked fine. However, I initally was getting node errors. I waited a bit, turned off and back on, and am still getting 3 "tech alerts" for validation errors.
Reading the initial post, I turned the game off, popped out my 1987 sd card and stuck my original back in the machine to play a couple games which it states should fix those errors. However, now upon booting up my original card I was greeted to a "Game Validation Error, Update SD Card" red banner on my LCD screen. I disregarded for now and played 2 games. Turned off the machine, switched cards back out for the 1987 code card, and am still receiving 3 validation error tech alerts.
The game ~seems~ to play fine, but these errors are annoying and also im not sure if it's effecting anything playwise.
Can anyone help me get this nipped in the bud? The 1987 code looks awesome and I want to be able to play it without issue.
Also, just in case I want to switch it up and go back to the original animations at some point, can anyone tell me why i'm now getting that game validation error when using the original card/code?
Thanks!

Getting rid of the validation errors can take a bit of time.
Make sure you do that completely with a stern card in.

I haven't run into this issue myself, but it is possible that Stern changed the validation code logic. We'll have to keep an eye on this.

#585 4 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Getting rid of the validation errors can take a bit of time.
Make sure you do that completely with a stern card in.
I haven't run into this issue myself, but it is possible that Stern changed the validation code logic. We'll have to keep an eye on this.

Ok, so you're saying to pop the original stern card back in and "play longer"? I played 2 games as stated in the initial thread but honestly that was probably 5 or less minutes. Does that game need to be being played or can I just turn it on, start a game and walk away for 30 minutes? Should I make sure I'm connected to the internet or disconnected?

#586 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Ok, so you're saying to pop the original stern card back in and "play longer"? I played 2 games as stated in the initial thread but honestly that was probably 5 or less minutes. Does that game need to be being played or can I just turn it on, start a game and walk away for 30 minutes? Should I make sure I'm connected to the internet or disconnected?

It's hard for me to remember, I think cabal knows better than me.
But in general, I think you can leave the game on for a while with the Stern code and it should decrease the validation errors.
Once they no longer show up on the Stern code you should be able to swap to the 1987 code.

#587 4 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It's hard for me to remember, I think cabal knows better than me.
But in general, I think you can leave the game on for a while with the Stern code and it should decrease the validation errors.
Once they no longer show up on the Stern code you should be able to swap to the 1987 code.

Thanks!

Ok it looks like I was able to remove all of the validation errors from the 1987 code except for one that just states to update the sd card... do you know if this is a standard validation error that can't be removed due to it being a modified code version? I don't see the error anywhere except in the tech menu and it's the only error remaining after popping the original card back in and playing for about 20 - 30 minutes.

Thanks!

#588 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Thanks!
Ok it looks like I was able to remove all of the validation errors from the 1987 code except for one that just states to update the sd card... do you know if this is a standard validation error that can't be removed due to it being a modified code version? I don't see the error anywhere except in the tech menu and it's the only error remaining after popping the original card back in and playing for about 20 - 30 minutes.
Thanks!

That's weird, I don't think I've seen that one before. I'm not sure what to say except I hope that it doesn't affect gameplay! Maybe it will go away over time?

#589 4 months ago

Hey crew just an FYI they released a 1.57 update today that fixed an issue with turtle levels not saving through insider connected and also returned a menu item that lets you reset your turtles levels.

#590 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Hey crew just an FYI they released a 1.57 update today that fixed an issue with turtle levels not saving through insider connected and also returned a menu item that lets you reset your turtles levels.

Thanks for the heads up! We've got the updates under test right now and if all looks good I'll get them released soon-ish.

#591 4 months ago

1.57 is up, enjoy!

1 week later
#592 4 months ago

if you had a wish, what scene would you change in the 1987 image to complete it?

#593 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

if you had a wish, what scene would you change in the 1987 image to complete it?

The cowabunga final wizard mode video ... I never did that one.

#594 4 months ago

will try to search something out. This are the videos that i did find missing:

Cowabunga (Parade with turtle Ballons) 16seconds
Cowabunga Sign (7 Seconds)
cowabunga (parade with turtle ballon front) 4 seconds
Turtle Glider 3 seconds
Turtle Glider2 3 Seconds
Special 4 Seconds.

i am open to suggestions, but search also if i can find something.

43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg205.mp4_snapshot_00.01.308 (resized).jpg205.mp4_snapshot_00.01.308 (resized).jpg
#595 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

will try to search something out. This are the videos that i did find missing:
Cowabunga (Parade with turtle Ballons) 16seconds
cowabunga (parade with turtle ballon front) 4 seconds
Turtle Glider 3 seconds
Turtle Glider2 3 Seconds
Special 4 Seconds.
i am open to suggestions, but search also if i can find something.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm pretty sure I had glider videos at some point.. are they not in the game anymore?

The special video should be the one with Shredder carrying a pizza. Maybe that didn't make the migration either?

#596 4 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'm pretty sure I had glider videos at some point.. are they not in the game anymore?
The special video should be the one with Shredder carrying a pizza. Maybe that didn't make the migration either?

yes it may have got lost somewhere on the way i will look into old images and see if they are there.
thanks for pointing in the direction. as you know yourself it's hard to find right videos

#597 4 months ago

yes you are right the Glider award videos only have been in the Prem\Le Image, i don't think they ever got migrated into newer versions.
Found them.

The special i thought was a video Bump'n'win don't know when this plays.
The special was changed though.

so This leaves the cowabunga.
Not sure if you like it, i tried to make some mocking the stern videos with an older look and feel.

Video1 (resized).jpgVideo1 (resized).jpgVideo2 (resized).jpgVideo2 (resized).jpgVideo3 (resized).jpgVideo3 (resized).jpgvideo4 (resized).jpgvideo4 (resized).jpg
#598 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

yes you are right the Glider award videos only have been in the Prem\Le Image, i don't think they ever got migrated into newer versions.
Found them.
The special i thought was a video Bump'n'win don't know when this plays.
The special was changed though.
so This leaves the cowabunga.
Not sure if you like it, i tried to make some mocking the stern videos with an older look and feel.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa that's pretty cool you were able to make that!!
I think it's on the right track and it's a pretty cool Easter egg for anyone that makes it to Cowabunga.

#599 4 months ago

I love this mod! However since it was asked I do have a couple scenes that I would love to see updated / changed:

The mode (name escapes me) start where the turtles say "we could order pizza from anywhere in the known universe....shredder!"

The scene starts with shredder on the phone talking but the audio is the turtles talking, and then when it's shredder talking it's showing the turtles... feels like it needs to be flipped so it shows who is talking when they're talking.

The second one is the mode where he announces slash (the evil turtle). The voice acting is all hype but the imagery is just a really long clip of baby slash transforming... kind of kills the intensity of the scene (to me). I honestly don't know of a better clip to put here or even if there is one but figured I'd say it since it was asked.

Again, don't take this as a knock. I love this mod overall and it's lived on my machine without changing since I've put it on there. Just thought I'd throw some constructive criticism / my thoughts out there.

Thanks again!

#600 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

I love this mod! However since it was asked I do have a couple scenes that I would love to see updated / changed:
The mode (name escapes me) start where the turtles say "we could order pizza from anywhere in the known universe....shredder!"
The scene starts with shredder on the phone talking but the audio is the turtles talking, and then when it's shredder talking it's showing the turtles... feels like it needs to be flipped so it shows who is talking when they're talking.
The second one is the mode where he announces slash (the evil turtle). The voice acting is all hype but the imagery is just a really long clip of baby slash transforming... kind of kills the intensity of the scene (to me). I honestly don't know of a better clip to put here or even if there is one but figured I'd say it since it was asked.
Again, don't take this as a knock. I love this mod overall and it's lived on my machine without changing since I've put it on there. Just thought I'd throw some constructive criticism / my thoughts out there.
Thanks again!

My idea was more to eliminate the rest of modern stuff and working on the old scenes
If you got example clips that will fitt better it can be worked on. But from what i can remember the clips are all searched out very good of the existing material. i got the TMNT 1987 dvd box but haven't watched it for a long time. But if you have references and locations in episodes i could have a look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mariposa, CA
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buckingham, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 16.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.