56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg
55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg
46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg
45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg
44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg
43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpg
PB2 (resized).jpg
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

It looks like the game file is just a standard elf binary? I don't know if they are always unsigned or just as a byproduct of the mod, but the 'Game validation error, Update SD card' string only shows up in a single location and if you patch that string the message goes away (ie, change the 'G' to a null byte.) I'm not planning on using IC with this code nor do anything 'evil', but I'll delete this message if this breaks the rules or is otherwise frowned on.
With some further testing, there is a small red rectangle, but much less pronounced than before. The game appears to play fine.

Very interesting... I don't have my machine with me to test, but that is interesting that they have validation even on machines without stern insider connect.
I'm glad it still works, but I totally get the annoyance of having that little message pop up. Very cool that you were able to remove the string.
I don't think tampering with it breaks any rules and you'll only get smiles from this forum, but maybe Stern would beg to differ lol.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Very interesting... I don't have my machine with me to test, but that is interesting that they have validation even on machines without stern insider connect.
I'm glad it still works, but I totally get the annoyance of having that little message pop up. Very cool that you were able to remove the string.
I don't think tampering with it breaks any rules and you'll only get smiles from this forum, but maybe Stern would beg to differ lol.

since code update 1.52 it will produce the validation error with or without insider connected. What else is happeing nobody knows. Before home team the machines only connected the network when insider connected was present. With acticated home team the machines connect to the internet even without having insider connected scanner in the system. The important thing is not to have the wifi-dongle or an ethernet cable connected to the machine. You can still have the scanner inside, but it will not work.
even with the above method when no warning is shown, the dangers are still the same.

#453 1 year ago

I just updated the Pro and Premium/LE download links for 1.53 to remove the cosmetic warning about the game validation error.
Please note that the this just removes the warning, you still shouldn't connect your machine to the internet.

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I just updated the Pro and Premium/LE download links for 1.53 to remove the cosmetic warning about the game validation error.
Please note that the this just removes the warning, you still shouldn't connect your machine to the internet.

So we’re good to download. I just wanted to be sure because I’ve not had a problem at all on my tmnt ever like I keep hearing about.

#455 1 year ago

Just downloaded and installed the Pro 1987 v.1.53 and it is working great. No validation error. Thanks for the great work.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So we’re good to download. I just wanted to be sure because I’ve not had a problem at all on my tmnt ever like I keep hearing about.

Should be, just don't go online on your machine.
If you're referring to the TPMB crash, that happens on regular Stern code and custom code.
It's rare to see it and it usually happens within the first ten games after a fresh flash if at all.

#457 1 year ago

daveyvandy I just flashed version 1.5.3_2 and it looks good! There is still a one character red rectangle that shows up so briefly you can miss it (same as my 'manual' patch), but much much better than it was before. Thanks again for all your hard work!

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

daveyvandy I just flashed version 1.5.3_2 and it looks good! There is still a one character red rectangle that shows up so briefly you can miss it (same as my 'manual' patch), but much much better than it was before. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Thank my anonymous helper
Wouldn't be possible without them digging into the image.

#459 1 year ago

So I need to use pinball browser for this n do you pay for the browser. I’ve used some others but not browser were do I get it

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I need to use pinball browser for this n do you pay for the browser. I’ve used some others but not browser were do I get it

hi am not sure what you mean with your sentence.
For the 1987 code you do not need pinball browser. You need a software that can write a raw image to sd-cards. For some people some software works better than other:
win32diskimager
Balena etcher
Pinball Browser (free version can do it)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Quoted from cabal:

hi am not sure what you mean with your sentence.
For the 1987 code you do not need pinball browser. You need a software that can write a raw image to sd-cards. For some people some software works better than other:
win32diskimager
Balena etcher
Pinball Browser (free version can do it)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/

You do not need to pay for anything to use the 1987 code. I suggest using pinball browser to write the image with the free license as shown in my install video on the first post. But you could possibly use another disk imager.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

now replaying some games i can confirm there is still remaining like a single character wide rectancle. Not to obvious and missable.

#463 1 year ago

So it downloaded played 2 games seemed all good. Started a 3 game n turtle multi ball n bam everything died. Then it started reboot n came back on. I’ve had mine sense February bought it brand new it’s never done that. Blew my mind I was like holy cow I’ve blown it up

#464 1 year ago

What SD card is everyone using?

There are different speeds available to the Class 10 SD cards. Maybe a higher speed on the SD card could solve the crashing? Currently I have a 120m/s C10 Kingston SD card and haven’t experienced a crash on Turtle Power multiball.

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

What SD card is everyone using?
There are different speeds available to the Class 10 SD cards. Maybe a higher speed on the SD card could solve the crashing? Currently I have a 120m/s C10 Kingston SD card and haven’t experienced a crash on Turtle Power multiball.

Mine was 120-32 class 10 n it has done it after 3 games. I’ve had mine new sense February and this was the first time experience it

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Mine was 120-32 class 10 n it has done it after 3 games. I’ve had mine new sense February and this was the first time experience it

what i experience with tmnt is this. After putting a new sd-card there is often a one time reset Turtle Power Ball on some of the next played 1-10 games. Then it gets more seldom or happens never again. On turtle power multiball seems to be a reset bug, but this is in original code not 1987 code.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

what i experience with tmnt is this. After putting a new sd-card there is often a one time reset Turtle Power Ball on some of the next played 1-10 games. Then it gets more seldom or happens never again. On turtle power multiball seems to be a reset bug, but this is in original code not 1987 code.

Gotcha. That’s exactly what it did I’m going to see what it does when I get home today and play a few games.

1 week later
#468 1 year ago

It looks like doing 1.54 will be harder than it was for 1.53 for the custom code. Work is being done, but no promises there yet. We usually figure it out in the end though. Might just take some time..

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It looks like doing 1.54 will be harder than it was for 1.53 for the custom code. Work is being done, but no promises there yet. We usually figure it out in the end though. Might just take some time..

Thank you for all that you do!

#470 1 year ago

Really awesome progress going on in the background.
1.54 1987 code is in testing now.
A ton of code verification was added in and it's not trivial to get around.
Wouldn't be possible without anonymous help

#471 1 year ago

Ready for public testing.
Please PM me if you are interested!
Once we confirm a few people I'll release it to everyone.

Note that steps 1-4 are only needed one time
Basic instructions:
1. Install stern official 1.54 code.
2. Play a game or keep it in attract mode for 10 minutes
3. Turn the game off
4. Swap SD cards to the 1987 code
5. Enjoy!

#472 1 year ago

All right, I haven't heard any problems from any beta testers. If I don't hear from any of them about any problems by tomorrow, I will post the link to the code in this thread.

#473 1 year ago

Thank you. Can't wait to install the new code!

#474 1 year ago

1.54 code is now posted.
Note that I added this to the instructions:
"If you have any validation errors, swap to the official Stern code and play a game or two - this should clear the errors out."
You should be able to follow the normal install instructions otherwise.

Enormous thanks again to the anonymous helpers!!

#475 1 year ago

Question for you guys if you don't mind.

I installed the latest code but unfortunately on my high scores it just shows 1,900,000 abcdefghij.
When I swapped to the old stern code it still said the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Question for you guys if you don't mind.
I installed the latest code but unfortunately on my high scores it just shows 1,900,000 abcdefghij.
When I swapped to the old stern code it still said the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

Update. I reinstalled the code and it seemed to fix the problem! Thanks again to daveyvandy !

#477 1 year ago

Thanks for the drop @daveyvandy! Household consensus is "thanks for bringing the GOOD turtles back!!!!"

#478 1 year ago

i just love 1987, thanks for the release

2 weeks later
#479 1 year ago

Just have to say, finally got this going on my TMNT LE and THANK YOU!!!! This is freaking awesome...

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Just have to say, finally got this going on my TMNT LE and THANK YOU!!!! This is freaking awesome...

Thank you! I'm glad so many people can continually enjoy this. It has become a community effort to make it compatible with the latest code, but there is for sure a passionate community

#481 1 year ago

Just installed. I love it. Thanks for doing this!

#482 1 year ago

I just installed this and loved it! However I don't have any intro music; once I hit start it works great but till then it's silent.

Is that normal?

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from jerrydman:

I just installed this and loved it! However I don't have any intro music; once I hit start it works great but till then it's silent.
Is that normal?

Glad you're enjoying it!
If you're just in attract mode (no game started yet) then there's no music. Same as with Stern code.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Glad you're enjoying it!
If you're just in attract mode (no game started yet) then there's no music. Same as with Stern code.

this is awesome!!! thank you for your hard work on this!

#485 1 year ago

I am also really enjoying this..IN FACT, if it weren't for your new video assetts, I'd actually lean on selling mine sooner..now I'm kinda getting hooked on the machine, despite my 3 years of being too old' to watch the show (I"m 48). I'm diggin' it!

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I am also really enjoying this..IN FACT, if it weren't for your new video assetts, I'd actually lean on selling mine sooner..now I'm kinda getting hooked on the machine, despite my 3 years of being too old' to watch the show (I"m 48). I'm diggin' it!

Thanks! I love hearing that
There's over 200 custom clips in there ... Hopefully you will see most of them

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thanks! I love hearing that
There's over 200 custom clips in there ... Hopefully you will see most of them

I've seen probably about 30 clips so far..hahaaaa.. Still trying to find some pizza time to play this machine seriously

#488 1 year ago

Do I just download to usb stick from stern or do I have to do a complete sd card again to keep my 1987 code.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Do I just download to usb stick from stern or do I have to do a complete sd card again to keep my 1987 code.

you want to have a separate SD card for Stern's version, and an SD card for the 1987 version..then you can swap them at will (with the power off). I have 3 SD cards for my GotG.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

What KING-HENRY said. If you need more guidance there is an installation video on the first post.

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

What KING-HENRY said. If you need more guidance there is an installation video on the first post.

Ok hang on with me just a minute lol. I am running the 1987 code now on 1.53. For the 1.54 do I put it on another sd card n install like I did before lol. Thanks

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok hang on with me just a minute lol. I am running the 1987 code now on 1.53. For the 1.54 do I put it on another sd card n install like I did before lol. Thanks

If you want to save your settings and high scores, you can back them up with a USB stick first.
You need to rewrite the 1987 SD card with the 1.54 image.

#493 1 year ago

Just to clearing I can just switch between cards without issues of the pin wanting to update anything correct?

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Just to clearing I can just switch between cards without issues of the pin wanting to update anything correct?

As long as they are equal versions (like 1.54 to 1.54) then it will not update anything. If they are not, it may update node boards.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

As long as they are equal versions (like 1.54 to 1.54) then it will not update anything. If they are not, it may update node boards.

Perfect. I’m hoping so to get all three; Stern, 1987 and April code on 1.54 to go between. Going t0 try 1087 tomorrow!

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Perfect. I’m hoping so to get all three; Stern, 1987 and April code on 1.54 to go between. Going t0 try 1087 tomorrow!

to make live easery you can use an extension cable like i have written here.
Then you do not need to replace the backglass all the time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderns-stern-easy-sd-card-switching-or-how-not-to-break-the-backglas

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

If you want to save your settings and high scores, you can back them up with a USB stick first.
You need to rewrite the 1987 SD card with the 1.54 image.

Thanks so much I just wanted to make sure.

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

to make live easery you can use an extension cable like i have written here.
Then you do not need to replace the backglass all the time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderns-stern-easy-sd-card-switching-or-how-not-to-break-the-backglas

Perfect, thanks!!

#499 1 year ago

I also agree Stern did a great job on the stock animations.
That being said, you nailed it with perfectly placed video assets!
Thanks to your for your effort, thanks to Stern for allowing these software mods to happen!

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1.54 code is now posted.
Note that I added this to the instructions:
"If you have any validation errors, swap to the official Stern code and play a game or two - this should clear the errors out."
You should be able to follow the normal install instructions otherwise.
Enormous thanks again to the anonymous helpers!!

Ok I installed 1.54 n I’m getting the validation error so do I take 1987 version out n go back to 1.53 n then back. Help the big man out I get a little confused on this stuff lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.