IMG_20220108_213726259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220108_201212963 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
74959F08-1844-4C23-878E-D312673A9E8D (resized).jpeg
31598EF7-9A71-4AC4-89EC-CBE40A403F54 (resized).jpeg
9FBC8348-996F-4D83-94E4-D46D9D6B0B40 (resized).jpeg
06FF55B3-792E-4E7B-B64E-F4D84B8E5814 (resized).jpeg

There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 2 days ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

It looks like the game file is just a standard elf binary? I don't know if they are always unsigned or just as a byproduct of the mod, but the 'Game validation error, Update SD card' string only shows up in a single location and if you patch that string the message goes away (ie, change the 'G' to a null byte.) I'm not planning on using IC with this code nor do anything 'evil', but I'll delete this message if this breaks the rules or is otherwise frowned on.
With some further testing, there is a small red rectangle, but much less pronounced than before. The game appears to play fine.

Very interesting... I don't have my machine with me to test, but that is interesting that they have validation even on machines without stern insider connect.
I'm glad it still works, but I totally get the annoyance of having that little message pop up. Very cool that you were able to remove the string.
I don't think tampering with it breaks any rules and you'll only get smiles from this forum, but maybe Stern would beg to differ lol.

#452 1 day ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Very interesting... I don't have my machine with me to test, but that is interesting that they have validation even on machines without stern insider connect.
I'm glad it still works, but I totally get the annoyance of having that little message pop up. Very cool that you were able to remove the string.
I don't think tampering with it breaks any rules and you'll only get smiles from this forum, but maybe Stern would beg to differ lol.

since code update 1.52 it will produce the validation error with or without insider connected. What else is happeing nobody knows. Before home team the machines only connected the network when insider connected was present. With acticated home team the machines connect to the internet even without having insider connected scanner in the system. The important thing is not to have the wifi-dongle or an ethernet cable connected to the machine. You can still have the scanner inside, but it will not work.
even with the above method when no warning is shown, the dangers are still the same.

#453 1 day ago

I just updated the Pro and Premium/LE download links for 1.53 to remove the cosmetic warning about the game validation error.
Please note that the this just removes the warning, you still shouldn't connect your machine to the internet.

#454 1 day ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I just updated the Pro and Premium/LE download links for 1.53 to remove the cosmetic warning about the game validation error.
Please note that the this just removes the warning, you still shouldn't connect your machine to the internet.

So we’re good to download. I just wanted to be sure because I’ve not had a problem at all on my tmnt ever like I keep hearing about.

#455 1 day ago

Just downloaded and installed the Pro 1987 v.1.53 and it is working great. No validation error. Thanks for the great work.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#456 1 day ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So we’re good to download. I just wanted to be sure because I’ve not had a problem at all on my tmnt ever like I keep hearing about.

Should be, just don't go online on your machine.
If you're referring to the TPMB crash, that happens on regular Stern code and custom code.
It's rare to see it and it usually happens within the first ten games after a fresh flash if at all.

#457 1 day ago

daveyvandy I just flashed version 1.5.3_2 and it looks good! There is still a one character red rectangle that shows up so briefly you can miss it (same as my 'manual' patch), but much much better than it was before. Thanks again for all your hard work!

#458 1 day ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

daveyvandy I just flashed version 1.5.3_2 and it looks good! There is still a one character red rectangle that shows up so briefly you can miss it (same as my 'manual' patch), but much much better than it was before. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Thank my anonymous helper
Wouldn't be possible without them digging into the image.

#459 9 hours ago

So I need to use pinball browser for this n do you pay for the browser. I’ve used some others but not browser were do I get it

#460 6 hours ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I need to use pinball browser for this n do you pay for the browser. I’ve used some others but not browser were do I get it

hi am not sure what you mean with your sentence.
For the 1987 code you do not need pinball browser. You need a software that can write a raw image to sd-cards. For some people some software works better than other:
win32diskimager
Balena etcher
Pinball Browser (free version can do it)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Hardware
Hippies Haven
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!