(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,109 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Trekkie1978
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5139 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).png
Godfather rubbers list (resized).png
Capo area rubers (resized).png
20240421_092122.jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240420_031705689 (resized).jpg
IMG_1482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 83.
#3151 4 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did changing the shooter rod spring (to red) help CE owners?

I didn't change my spring, but I stretched it out and it now does full plunges easily.

#3152 4 months ago

Cheapest upgrade you will ever find for a pin
ebay.com link: itm

#3153 4 months ago

Thought I’d share in here as well just to liven up the thread, but for those who aren’t aware there’s a Pinside Secret Santa event that happens every year. I have participated every year Ive been here and each year has been incredible. This year topped the charts and really helped cement my club membership.

I received a CE playfield signed by the entire JJP crew with a note from Eric. Also a signed Slash hat and Godfather bust from the game.

Really incredible generosity of the giver and great of Eric and the JJP team to participate in making the holiday special.

Highly suggest you join the secret Santa squad next year if you haven’t participated already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2023-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread

image000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000000 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpegimage000001 (resized).jpeg

#3154 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I didn't know this was a thing.
What exactly is it fixing?

As others are saying, the manual full plunge to make the ball go all the way around the ramp and feed the left upper flipper.

#3155 4 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Thought I’d share in here as well just to liven up the thread, but for those who aren’t aware there’s a Pinside Secret Santa event that happens every year. I have participated every year Ive been here and each year has been incredible. This year topped the charts and really helped cement my club membership.
I received a CE playfield signed by the entire JJP crew with a note from Eric. Also a signed Slash hat and Godfather bust from the game.
Really incredible generosity of the giver and great of Eric and the JJP team to participate in making the holiday special.
Highly suggest you join the secret Santa squad next year if you haven’t participated already.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2023-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is really amazing. Thank you for sharing that.

#3156 4 months ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jackpot! Gtz! Has to be the best gift of all!

#3157 4 months ago

Thought I’d share in here as well just to liven up the thread, but for those who aren’t aware there’s a Pinside Secret Santa event that happens every year. ...

Very cool of Eric/JJP - congrats!

Makes me want to join and send JJP a hint: "All I want for Christmas is finished code for my POTC and Godfather."

#3158 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Makes me want to join and send JJP a hint: "All I want for Christmas is finished cide for my POTC and Godfather."

And my GnR

#3159 4 months ago

According to Keith, some major updates are coming after Christmas. Not sure if he is just referencing Godfather or other JJP games.

#3160 4 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Not sure if he is just referencing Godfather or other JJP games.

Maybe their insider connected thing ?

LTG : )

#3161 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe their insider connected thing ?

This would be great along with other needed updates.Great way to start the new year and a new direction for JJP!

#3162 4 months ago

JJP has fixed the flippers, the playfields, the cadence in which they launch product…last issue is code completion… gnr and godfather and pirates need it. Wonka is done Toy Story is done… just please finish and polish these games

#3163 4 months ago

I had a chance to install my new 14k gold lion head custom shooter rod from Super Skill Shot (I had to provide the pendant). I think it came out amazing and not only does it look better than the horse head IMO but the skill shots are so much easier to master now. Thanks to Modelvisionary for doing an amazing job! It is even better in person. You can see from the side view (sorry focus challenged) that there is a transparent ring which is a nice detail that I thought was worth mentioning. It also has a brass rod and a gold spring to match the CE.

PDC04473.JPGPDC04473.JPGPDC04474.JPGPDC04474.JPGPDC04477.JPGPDC04477.JPGPDC04481.JPGPDC04481.JPGPDC04507.JPGPDC04507.JPGPDC04509.JPGPDC04509.JPG
#3164 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I had a chance to install my new 14k gold lion head custom shooter rod from Super Skill Shot (I had to provide the pendant). I think it came out amazing and not only does it look better than the horse head IMO but the skill shots are so much easier to master now. Thanks to Modelvisionary for doing an amazing job! It is even better in person. You can see from the side view (sorry focus challenged) that there is a transparent ring which is a nice detail that I thought was worth mentioning. It also has a brass rod and a gold spring to match the CE.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks dope!! I like it much better than the horse head actually. Very well done.

#3165 4 months ago

That's Eric Meunier for ya. One of the finest designers in pinball. He really steps it up for us. I have been lucky enough with GnR to feel his generosity.

Have a great holiday and enjoy it.

#3166 4 months ago

I just installed the briefcase money mod. I think it looks decent next to the bad guy and the scale isn't too far off. The nice thing about it is that the briefcase locks actually work so that when you need to raise the playfield the money doesn't fall out . Alien Tape FTW.

PDC04486.JPGPDC04486.JPGPDC04487.JPGPDC04487.JPGPDC04488.JPGPDC04488.JPGPDC04489.JPGPDC04489.JPGPDC04491.JPGPDC04491.JPGPDC04515.JPGPDC04515.JPG
#3167 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I just installed the briefcase money mod. I think it looks decent next to the bad guy and the scale isn't too far off. The nice thing about it is that the briefcase locks actually work so that when you need to raise the playfield the money doesn't fall out . Alien Tape FTW.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That game is a piece of art!!

#3168 4 months ago

A new glass protection cover for your Godfather pinball machine, you can't refuse. Beautiful custom design, great way to protect your game when not in use. Can be ordered for $50 with the link below. Wise guy discount available

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09939-godfather-pinball-machine-glass-cover-

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3169 4 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

A new glass protection cover for your Godfather pinball machine, you can't refuse. Beautiful custom design, great way to protect your game when not in use. Can be ordered for $50 with the link below. Wise guy discount available
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09939-godfather-pinball-machine-glass-cover-[quoted image]

Looks awesome! So it is a light cloth? Does it have any backing to prevent sliding? (dang cats)

#3170 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Makes me want to join and send JJP a hint: "All I want for Christmas is finished code for my POTC and Godfather."

Updates coming after Christmas we are being told… don’t shoot the messenger. They hinted that it was more than just Godfather.

“Major updates are coming”

It doesn’t hurt to be optimistic in these cases. No harm in hoping something great is right around the corner.

When speaking with Eric he also stated that the Wizard mode would be selectable from the start menu like some other manufacturers games (he was strictly referring to Godfather in the conversation) but I’m hoping that could be an option for their other titles as well in the future. I will never get to SOTR in WOZ but would like to play the mode someday.

#3171 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Looks awesome! So it is a light cloth? Does it have any backing to prevent sliding? (dang cats)

No issues staying in place but cats likely will cause it to move around.

#3172 4 months ago

Updates coming after Christmas we are being told… don’t shoot the messenger. They hinted that it was more than just Godfather.
It doesn’t hurt to be optimistic in these cases. No harm in hoping something great is right around the corner.
When speaking with Eric he also stated that the Wizard mode would be selectable from the start menu like stone v other manufacturer games (he was strictly referring to Godfather in the conversation) but I’m hoping that could be an option for their other titles as well in the future. I will never get to SOTR in WOZ but would like to play the mode someday.

It would be the best Christmas present ever!!

#3173 4 months ago

Their version of Scorbit/Insider Connected maybe ?

That might not include other needed/wanted tweaks.

#3174 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Their version of Scorbit/Insider Connected maybe ?
That might not include other needed/wanted tweaks.

I hope it’s the needed updates for GnR & Godfather first and then an online component

#3175 4 months ago

Not sure if you all noticed, but the new update added a feature or notification which if the Don has a job for ya... and you don't go to it after about 30-45 secs... the shaker motor goes off and the job insert strobes/ flashes white with a job is ready call out
Very cool little heads up

#3176 4 months ago

Just heard another awesome callout. A ball was stuck up by the VUK so I opened the coin door and drained the ball by hand. Right after, it says “Honorless dog!” Made me chuckle.

#3177 4 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Just heard another awesome callout. A ball was stuck up by the VUK so I opened the coin door and drained the ball by hand. Right after, it says “Honorless dog!” Made me chuckle.

Lol that's awsome... I hear that when I drain straight out the gate / ball save

#3178 4 months ago

Could someone that ordered a CE from pinball star tell me when you received your game? Do distributors pretty much get all their allotments from JJP at once?

#3179 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Could someone that ordered a CE from pinball star tell me when you received your game? Do distributors pretty much get all their allotments from JJP at once?

Still haven't received your CE??

#3180 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Still haven't received your CE??

Nope. I'll reach out again after the New Year but I'm thinking it's time to collect my deposit back.

I mean, March 7 2024 is right around the corner and I've been patiently waiting. Last communication from them was August 6th "Should be a few weeks only - just waiting on games"

As great as this game is, I like to play something new and shiny, then move on to the next thing. I had plans for some mods but others have already addressed those things (they got their games when expected). The next thing(s) keep coming and I have a $12500 question mark that might hold me back.

I think 9 months of waiting for JJP to get me a CE is more than patient (it's not like they are Dutch, Spooky, or CGC).

#3181 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

... Last communication from them was August 6th "Should be a few weeks only - just waiting on games"

#3182 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Nope. I'll reach out again after the New Year but I'm thinking it's time to collect my deposit back.
I mean, March 7 2024 is right around the corner and I've been patiently waiting. Last communication from them was August 6th "Should be a few weeks only - just waiting on games"
As great as this game is, I like to play something new and shiny, then move on to the next thing. I had plans for some mods but others have already addressed those things (they got their games when expected). The next thing(s) keep coming and I have a $12500 question mark that might hold me back.
I think 9 months of waiting for JJP to get me a CE is more than patient (it's not like they are Dutch, Spooky, or CGC).

I bought directly from JJP and I got my game delivered in August.. Sounds like that distributor is your bottleneck. I would be upset also. I would report this to JJP as they probably have distributor requirements (to not make them look bad).

#3183 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Have you followed up since August? Eric was expecting the final CE right after expo for his personal game so they should all be ran by now. Joe is good people though so not sure what went wrong. Give Joe a call.

#3184 4 months ago

Have you followed up since August? Eric was expecting the final CE right after expo for his personal game so they should all be ran by now. Joe is good people though so not sure what went wrong. Give Joe a call.

I sent a message again in October that went unresponded to.

My assumption is that he gave it to another with the same name. On his confirmation email back to me he included another person with the same exact name but different email address.

Irrespective of the situation, if I give you $2530 and change, you should be the one emailing and calling me with updates.

#3185 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I will never understand why they punish their CE buyers.

#3186 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I sent a message again in October that went unresponded to.

Irrespective of the situation, if I give you $2530 and change, you should be the one emailing and calling me with updates.

100%. I’d get my $2500 and repurpose that to a new game with a new distributor. Time to move on. Sorry you had this experience. Godfather is a damn good game. It sucks that you were made to wait past the point of usefulness on this title.

#3187 4 months ago

It sucks that you were made to wait past the point of usefulness on this title.

If your Godfather has lost it’s usefulness I’ll trade you my Wonka for it .lol

#3188 4 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Yeah. I got my CE long after everyone else did but that didn't matter much to me... However... If I was still waiting at this point I would be pissed. I mean they already have their next game on the line at this point.

#3189 4 months ago

What’s the exact usb cable used for IO boards and lamp boards?

I need to replace the main one going from io board under the playfield back the pc in the backbox.
We finally tracked down my error messages.
Instead of waiting for JJP to send one after holidays.Just want to order one asap from Amazon.

165DB925-1597-47DE-99B7-51CB43B3AC3F (resized).jpeg165DB925-1597-47DE-99B7-51CB43B3AC3F (resized).jpeg2676C878-DDF8-4E41-B6F4-851E3FEE60F4 (resized).jpeg2676C878-DDF8-4E41-B6F4-851E3FEE60F4 (resized).jpegCC782DE0-5AB0-4CFA-BAE7-70C37FF42980 (resized).jpegCC782DE0-5AB0-4CFA-BAE7-70C37FF42980 (resized).jpeg
#3190 4 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I need to replace the main one going from io board under the playfield back the pc in the backbox.
We finally tracked down my error messages.
Instead of waiting for JJP to send one after holidays.Just want to order one asap from Amazon.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

USB C

#3191 4 months ago

Thank you!
Merry Christmas!

#3192 4 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

FYA: Just make sure you buy a USB cable that supports data. Some are "charge only".

#3193 4 months ago

Finally set up my Godfather CE, been in the garage for 3 months. Have about 10 games in. It’s kicking my ass. Been playing pinball a long time, and this game is making me feel like a novice.

Don’t know the rules yet, will need to figure that out over time.

This will keep me challenged for a long time.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3194 4 months ago

Is the machine coded to do something on New Year eve?

IMG_7029 (resized).pngIMG_7029 (resized).png
#3195 4 months ago

Is the machine coded to do something on New Year eve? [quoted image]

Interesting

#3196 4 months ago

New beta code.

Godfather Beta 10 is now available
===============
* fixed crash that occasionally occurred when music transitioned
from "shooter groove" to "main play"
* fixed mega skill shots made from upper flipper
* fixed super skill shot selection display from being hidden
by "bad guy" animated graphics
* fixed L'Hai Scampata activating by ball saver
+ added a few sound and lamp effects

#3197 4 months ago

ok so I figured tonight would be New Year's Eve

Not so fast.. (PS. I'm still on 1.10) I simply tried changing the time in the game (utilities/date and time) and it will not budge. I successfully changed it from "Network Provided" to manual (game is NOT connected to WiFi), set the time and date manually, backed out, pressed START to save and it tells me that the settings have been saved but it never changes the time. It does say that it can take a while to change the time but it never does (does it take hours? lol). If I go right back into the settings the time and date are already reverted to the previous date and time. If I set the time and date again, make sure I save it, and then leave the machine in the menu for a little while it still doesn't change the date and time. I saved the time and then rebooted also. This seems to be a bug or some kind of evil plan to defeat time travelers.

I wonder if this happens in 1.11 also (wouldn't know, the patch notes are still missing lol). Anyone else have this same issue?

#3198 4 months ago

Couldn't you just manually set the time and date to see now?

#3199 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Couldn't you just manually set the time and date to see now?

See my reply above... apparently not. Unless I'm doing something wrong but it is just setting time lol. Can anyone else confirm the time/date cannot be changed through the game menu?

#3200 4 months ago

Dont even know if its legit. Found the post. Was just wondering of anyone here knew anything…

Other then, nice line up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 11,999.99
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 4,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 83.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/64?hl=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.