(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,492 posts
  • 229 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vic_vp
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Vaselina (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240224_192112_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240224_192126_Instagram.jpg
20240224_162605.jpg
20240224_162551.jpg
20240224_162420.jpg
20240224_162411.jpg
acrylic-film (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6806 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6784 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4576 (resized).jpeg
2024-02-1612.48.274813305445649010326.jpg
IMG_9098 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 70.
#3051 82 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Hey guys... If anyone needs to remove the CE topper for any reason, I have official directions from JJP if you need them.
Just wanted to put that out there.

I did it in my unboxing video
Pretty easy stuff as long as you can get access to the inside of the backbox... ull see I needed to not put the legs on to get access to the backbox lol

#3052 82 days ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Mine hasn't arrived. Paid in full in Sept. Reached out to distro and it supposedly shipped today

WOW! I'm shocked you are still waiting but that's good that it shipped!

#3053 82 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

going to be parts that must be returned?

They will want the old parts back. They will be “fixing” the returned parts and the sending them out in “better than new” condition to others down the line to make then good. No doubt JJP will pay for shipping etc.
This makes good business sense IMHO. Everyone gets perfect parts and JJP doesn’t have to make as many replacement parts, just re-do the powder coating on the returned parts.

#3054 81 days ago

I have to say, I really like the animated bad guys.

#3055 81 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I much prefer the static bad guy photos. I like that they have remaining hits and score value info with them too.

#3056 81 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

As do I.

I like the campiness of Godfather.

#3057 80 days ago

Update available

IMG_2817 (resized).jpegIMG_2817 (resized).jpeg
#3058 80 days ago

I've noticed the ball save is much shorter now when stacking a bunch of multiballs together.

#3059 80 days ago

Must only be in the Beta group.

LTG : )

#3060 80 days ago

GF is so underrated.

Same for BOND.

My two favorite games right now.

#3061 80 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GF is so underrated.
Same for BOND.
My two favorite games right now.

Yes, I couldn’t agree more! My favorite games as well and so underrated! It’s a damn shame!

#3062 80 days ago

If I put a piece of foam right there to stop the ball from bouncing back out, will that stop the game from recognizing the ball is there?

IMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpeg
#3063 78 days ago

still loving this game well beyond honeymooning period. its a keeper. with that being said…JJP guys…for those of us who LOVE GF and been singing your praises…for Xmas can we please get Kiss the Ring!? its only time of year when you can spend a week getting deep into game. pretty please even if its not perfect yet!?

#3064 77 days ago

Quick question...just picked up a GF LE and I noticed that the right side loop ramp has a threaded "leg" going through the backer panel....mine doesn't have a nut on the back....is it supposed to have a nut on the back to hold it in position? It looks like the gap is too large between that stainless and the other one under it, so I am thinking I need to put a nut there to hold it lower....I think the ball would flow better on that ramp too....can anyone tell me if there's has a nut or take a quick pic of it for me?

IMG_3748 (resized).jpegIMG_3748 (resized).jpegIMG_3749 (resized).jpegIMG_3749 (resized).jpeg
#3065 77 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

for Xmas can we please get Kiss the Ring!?

The good news is yes. The bad news it will be Xmas 2027. Luckily I’ll still have it by then as the game is def. a keeper.

But yeah, their coding department should be super embarrassed across the board. It’s truly been downhill since the last big Wonka update.

#3066 77 days ago
Quoted from conester:

Quick question...just picked up a GF LE and I noticed that the right side loop ramp has a threaded "leg" going through the backer panel....mine doesn't have a nut on the back....is it supposed to have a nut on the back to hold it in position? It looks like the gap is too large between that stainless and the other one under it, so I am thinking I need to put a nut there to hold it lower....I think the ball would flow better on that ramp too....can anyone tell me if there's has a nut or take a quick pic of it for me?
[quoted image][quoted image]

GFLE has a washer and a neoprene locking nut from JJP.

20231209_131449 (resized).jpg20231209_131449 (resized).jpg

20231209_132121 (resized).jpg20231209_132121 (resized).jpg
#3067 77 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

GFLE has a washer and a neoprene locking nut from JJP.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks! Found a lock washer that fit and lowered the ramp and locked it down! It flows MUCH better now!!

#3068 77 days ago

I blew mine up yesterday. I ended a mode with a 3,7000,000 point cash-out on my 2nd ball. When that ball drained i stopped and took a picture. As soon as I started playing the third ball I won a free ball and the machine rebooted. I was bummed. I hope that JJP fixes the code soon. Luckily I took a picture before launching ball 3 because there is no record of my score since it rebooted.

IMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpeg
#3069 77 days ago
Quoted from Proton124:

A big shout out to LTG for going above and beyond. I was able to end a long and frustrating day with a couple of games.
It was totally worth it.
Thank You Sir

LTG.....The Patron Saint of pinsiders with techproblems.

#3070 77 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I blew mine up yesterday. I ended a mode with a 3,7000,000 point cash-out on my 2nd ball. When that ball drained i stopped and took a picture. As soon as I started playing the third ball I won a free ball and the machine rebooted. I was bummed. I hope that JJP fixes the code soon. Luckily I took a picture before launching ball 3 because there is no record of my score since it rebooted.
[quoted image]

Are you on the beta group? They just updated the beta but the issues that were supposed to be fixed are still present (broken super skill shots for example). Either way export your logs after the game crash and send to JJP.

#3071 77 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image]

Did you grab the log? Seems like a mathematical capture calculation in the code.

Certainly wouldnt think a growing small company would leave code incomplete. That would certainly be the opposite of intrinsic value in a company

#3072 76 days ago

Another quick question....Picked my GF up and it's running code 1.04. I saw on the FAQ's that I can't go from that to 1.10 so I have to do the 1.10 complete update. I am having trouble opening the .iso file on my mac so I can load the info on my USB drive. Is there anywhere to get the other update versions so I can just step it up to 1.10?

#3073 76 days ago
Quoted from conester:

Another quick question....Picked my GF up and it's running code 1.04. I saw on the FAQ's that I can't go from that to 1.10 so I have to do the 1.10 complete update. I am having trouble opening the .iso file on my mac so I can load the info on my USB drive. Is there anywhere to get the other update versions so I can just step it up to 1.10?

Have a PC that you can use Rufus on?

#3074 76 days ago

I hope GF gets the Wonka treatment regarding code updates. JJP did a fantastic job with the last major Wonka code update. Wonka is packed with movie assets and callouts.

Do you guys think this is a possibility for GF?

#3075 76 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Have a PC that you can use Rufus on?

I have a pc too but I'm not familiar with rufus...

#3076 76 days ago

We all do. At least we know that there is still new code in beta right now. Who knows how many more they have planned for this game but as long as there are currents betas they aren't calling it quits.

#3077 76 days ago
Quoted from conester:

I have a pc too but I'm not familiar with rufus...

Check this https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#3078 76 days ago

yeah, I was following the mac instructions and all was well until it said open the .iso file and I couldn't do that, so I was dead in the water....I'll try my PC tomorrow and see if it works with that one....

#3079 76 days ago

#3080 76 days ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I hope GF gets the Wonka treatment regarding code updates. JJP did a fantastic job with the last major Wonka code update. Wonka is packed with movie assets and callouts.
Do you guys think this is a possibility for GF?

Eric Meunier stated on Flip N Out's GF stream that the code was basically done and that only some misc polish was to come.

Given this, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

#3081 76 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Eric Meunier stated on Flip N Out's GF stream that the code was basically done and that only some misc polish was to come.
Given this, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Radio silence about kiss the ring. Hopefully it's not a POTC situation.

#3082 76 days ago

Anyone know if there is an unused 5v connector or pinout (5v and ground)? This customer requested a Bloody TV for his Godfather and tapped into the 12v on the coin door and stepped it down to 5v. I'd like to find a direct connection to 5v, if available.

#3083 76 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Radio silence about kiss the ring. Hopefully it's not a POTC situation.

I thought Kiss the Ring was already in the game but the game has a bug that prevents you from starting it?

#3084 76 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did you grab the log? Seems like a mathematical capture calculation in the code.
Certainly wouldnt think a growing small company would leave code incomplete. That would certainly be the opposite of intrinsic value in a company

How do you get a log from the pin to send to JJP?

#3085 76 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How do you get a log from the pin to send to JJP?

debug (resized).PNGdebug (resized).PNG
#3086 75 days ago

Got it updated! Used my PC and the instructions and had to buy a new USB stick....updated to 1.10 now! Thanks for the help!

#3087 75 days ago

I don't think my Wifi dongle is working....When I was doing the update on software, I used the USB drive closest to the coin door. That ones green light was on...the other USB drive light is not on...I also tried to go into Network settings and when I hit enter in the menu, nothing happened. Are both your lights green under both USB drives on your board?

#3088 75 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I thought Kiss the Ring was already in the game but the game has a bug that prevents you from starting it?

They also said the whole thing was buggy and they had to completely redo it. Nothing since a month or two ago when they said it’ll be in within a week.

#3089 75 days ago

I’m hoping it’s worth getting to KTR and it’s a fun wizard mode. Has JJP said anything about how the Wizard mode is going to play?

#3090 75 days ago
Quoted from conester:

I don't think my Wifi dongle is working....When I was doing the update on software, I used the USB drive closest to the coin door. That ones green light was on...the other USB drive light is not on...I also tried to go into Network settings and when I hit enter in the menu, nothing happened. Are both your lights green under both USB drives on your board?

Could be another issue but one is that you have to read and scroll all the way to the bottom and accept the terms before it will work.

#3091 75 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Has JJP said anything about how the Wizard mode is going to play?

Not that I am aware of.

#3092 75 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Could be another issue but one is that you have to read and scroll all the way to the bottom and accept the terms before it will work.

That was it...I accepted the terms and it can see wifi now....that's weird that you have to do that. Only issue now is that there is no back slash available for my password. Oh well!

#3093 75 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

They also said the whole thing was buggy and they had to completely redo it. Nothing since a month or two ago when they said it’ll be in within a week.

Wonder what the hold up is?

#3094 75 days ago

After updating my machine to 1.10, my locks aren't working every time...the lock inserts are lit on the left orbit and the spinner lane, but when I hit the shots, the ball goes into the bad guy disc instead of in the lock....anyone have this happen? I'll check the switches tomorrow, but thought I'd check and see if they changed how the lock works in the new code. I tested the lock diverter/gate thing and it works fine. I did lock one ball eventually, but more shots to the lock lanes went into the bad guy again....weird....

#3095 75 days ago
Quoted from conester:

After updating my machine to 1.10, my locks aren't working every time...the lock inserts are lit on the left orbit and the spinner lane, but when I hit the shots, the ball goes into the bad guy disc instead of in the lock....anyone have this happen? I'll check the switches tomorrow, but thought I'd check and see if they changed how the lock works in the new code. I tested the lock diverter/gate thing and it works fine. I did lock one ball eventually, but more shots to the lock lanes went into the bad guy again....weird....

Noticed this last night, although not for the first round of locks/ Multiballs, those seemed to behave the same(?) It was the subsequent lead ups to MB via orbits that I noticed the lock light seemed to be illuminated different at times. There appears to be some required shots before the lock lights are full-on and ball lock engages. I'm curiously suspicious that this is a code modification to make it more challenging to achieve MB. Or, possibly, not.
Thanks for the observation @conester. I was having a "That seems different" moment and this confirms it!
Gonna play later tonight - West Coast time. Will check back here to see any developments or insights.

#3096 75 days ago

LE in the marketplace for 7900! Insane.

#3097 75 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Played mine again and again last night. And I still like it. People offloading this pin for whatever reason is their decision. Market wise, It is clearly not a good time to sell any pin right now. ...And whiIe I do not believe this is the next POTC, I do think it may have a Renaissance one day.

#3098 74 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Seems a little high, good thing it is OBO.

#3099 74 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Noticed this last night, although not for the first round of locks/ Multiballs, those seemed to behave the same(?) It was the subsequent lead ups to MB via orbits that I noticed the lock light seemed to be illuminated different at times. There appears to be some required shots before the lock lights are full-on and ball lock engages. I'm curiously suspicious that this is a code modification to make it more challenging to achieve MB. Or, possibly, not.
Thanks for the observation conester. I was having a "That seems different" moment and this confirms it!
Gonna play later tonight - West Coast time. Will check back here to see any developments or insights.

I actually had a mechanical issue with the lock wall mech. For some reason, it didn't want to go down even though the coil was actuating...but if I put just a little pressure on the wall, it went down every time. I worked with Jersey Jack support to try a bunch of things, but in the end, I just added a small piece of foam under the mech where the wall shaft rests and it was enough to help it actuate every time now. Go figure, but it works 100% now, so I'm good!

#3100 74 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

wow seems low even for now.. I'd sit on it but then again it could be tough times (hope not). Just under 13k for a used CE. I am glad that I don't ever plan on selling mine. Every pin I sold in the past, I miss now.

I also agree that the full recognition/appreciation for Godfather has yet to come. It probably does lousy on location due to the excessive time needed to learn the game. I've always felt it was more of a HUO game. I'd also argue that unfinished code is a red flag and really earning JJP a sour reputation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 3,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.