(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,084 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3108 (resized).png
Godfather rubbers list (resized).png
Capo area rubers (resized).png
20240421_092122.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image0 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240420_031705689 (resized).jpg
IMG_1482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 4,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.
#1 1 year ago

Beautiful machine.
LE installed at MPB in ATL.
Great first impressions.

89D514AF-89C5-4F58-88AA-B4E1D7A3F315 (resized).jpeg89D514AF-89C5-4F58-88AA-B4E1D7A3F315 (resized).jpegED27931C-BEBA-47E5-99F5-663AB490B022 (resized).jpegED27931C-BEBA-47E5-99F5-663AB490B022 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

I’m stoked to get mine and I was like “not the theme for me”. It won me over though.
Just played it at GAP
Is even better than I thought. Great game

6C08104B-45CC-4782-B35D-489910088922 (resized).jpeg6C08104B-45CC-4782-B35D-489910088922 (resized).jpeg
#3 1 year ago

Just placed my order for an LE. Tired of Stern's BS with Elvira and switched my deposit over. Should have it in hand in a couple weeks. Stoked!
Anyone know the official abbreviation for this game, btw? TGF?

#4 1 year ago

What to love as I think about my two-ish full games:
-shots all super makeable except compound. Good to have that balance
-multiball stacking is awesome
-multiball ball saves default settings aren’t insane so yes there is multiball but it doesn’t last forever
-picking family and getting strategic boosts is awesome
-picking family and dealing with negative/nerfs is awesome
“+50% to MB Scoring but faster multiplier timer countdown”
-entire playfield is utilized
-3rd flipper doesn’t play an overly large role from what I can tell
-very little randomness
-large screen implementation is the easiest to figure out out if any JJP so far
-overall fit and finish is beautiful
-inventive r inlane standup
-diverter fun
-controllable multiplier risk reward is GENIUS. More x you use the faster it counts down. Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.
-plunging means something

What’s not to love
-it is mostly just “mobster” pinball. Theme integration is sort of there but if you were looking for dramatic dark slow burn brooding, this isn’t it. (That said, how fun would that be for a pinball? Nevermind… TWD with my music & Cleland callouts exemplifies how fun that can be ^_^)
-it’s not full on carnival, but yeah it’s a bit amusement park-y
-as good as the fit finish and visuals are, it’s a lot of realism/photoshop
-price… ugh, we are stuck with these prices.

Overall- I’m thrilled it exists and glad I pulled trigger for my location. Especially as someone who doesn’t care about the theme one way or the another. I will play this frequently when working. I LOVE Star Wars and this is the closest thing to a multipler/multiball based chess game with the machine while also being accessible for all due to schmedium difficulty and makeable shots.

#6 1 year ago

Congrats owners! Played the LE yesterday -- only had an opportunity for one game (it was occupied constantly the entire night, except for a little down time when some parts fell off under the PF into the cabinet!) but it played well and seemed like fun. Like all modern games, will definitely need to spend more time on it to start figuring out what the heck I'm doing.

For those interested in a new start button, here ya go! Available in my shop at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/08018-3d-start-button-the-godfather

GF_buttons (resized).jpgGF_buttons (resized).jpgGF_red (resized).jpgGF_red (resized).jpgGF_yellow (resized).jpgGF_yellow (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Beautiful machine.
LE installed at MPB in ATL.
Great first impressions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Since you've got one and unboxed it , I will consider this the official Godfather thread .
( unless the mods pick another one for whatever reason )
I'm in on a CE
We will hopefully have one in the country by the end of the week .
So looking forward to playing it , it looks great .
I love how it has all the diverters and subways , so the ball could come out from anywhere and keep you on your toes .
Looking at all the new releases , you can argue about what is fun but no one comes close to jjp with their attention to detail .

#8 1 year ago

Anyone up for any mod talk .
I don't think it needs much if any , especially the CE .
I got a Belt Buckle for the apron , might see if I can get it gold plated .
There's a chrome version but it was all sold out where I looked .

IMG_20230316_224043 (resized).jpgIMG_20230316_224043 (resized).jpgIMG_20230316_223253 (resized).jpgIMG_20230316_223253 (resized).jpg
#9 1 year ago

Anyone thinking about getting a pinwoofer for the game , I got one for GNR and it made a huge difference and highly recommend it , not sure if it's needed on this one though .

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Anyone thinking about getting a pinwoofer for the game , I got one for GNR and it made a huge difference and highly recommend it , not sure if it's needed on this one though .

Wasn't expecting an upvote from Dan on this post .
I'm not ruling it out , I think it would really help with the machine gun sounds , since I probably will have to turn off the knockers , so I dont piss off my neighbours

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wasn't expecting an upvote from Dan on this post .
I'm not ruling it out , I think it would really help with the machine gun sounds , since I probably will have to turn off the knockers , so I dont piss off my neighbours

How is the Bluetooth on JJP games? I've never owned one. I have the external headphone jack for my Sterns but might just go with over the ear Bluetooth headphones for this game. Apparently, just because I think louder is better, not everyone in my house shares that sentiment lol

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wasn't expecting an upvote from Dan on this post...

Hey screaminr - you said something thoughtful about us, hence the up-vote!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

How is the Bluetooth on JJP games? I've never owned one. I have the external headphone jack for my Sterns but might just go with over the ear Bluetooth headphones for this game. Apparently, just because I think louder is better, not everyone in my house shares that sentiment lol

I found it to be great . No wires getting in the way , another great feature from jjp

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey screaminr - you said something thoughtful about us, hence the up-vote!

Thanks , always happy to recommend such an excellent product .

#15 1 year ago

Someone blinged-out their GNR .
The gold on the coin door looks really good and could work well for the CE

IMG_20230316_221613 (resized).jpgIMG_20230316_221613 (resized).jpg
#16 1 year ago

Sometimes I wish I would have went with Godfather LE so I could have it now. But I waited over a year for GNR so this should go much faster.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sometimes I wish I would have went with Godfather LE so I could have it now. But I waited over a year for GNR so this should go much faster.

I waited a year as well , this time it should be a walk in the park .

#18 1 year ago

I wanted a CE but didn’t want to wait. Grabbed an LE instead. I’m digging the black trim on the LE too. Toss in some mirror blades and she’s ready to rip.

#19 1 year ago

What do you guys think on mirror blades for the LE? I’ve only ever done the standard mirrors. I’m thinking black or gold might work well on this one.

Standard?

Black?

Gold?

8644BFA8-C3EA-445C-B96F-A934B80F5C94 (resized).jpeg8644BFA8-C3EA-445C-B96F-A934B80F5C94 (resized).jpeg
#20 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I wanted a CE but didn’t want to wait. Grabbed an LE instead.

I keep thinking I should have grabbed the LE instead also. I just want it sooner and the LE is plenty bad ass enough.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I keep thinking I should have grabbed the LE instead also. I just want it sooner and the LE is plenty bad ass enough.

Me too except the topper…. I mean!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Someone blinged-out their GNR .
The gold on the coin door looks really good and could work well for the CE
[quoted image]

I’d like to know what was used for that gold molding.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you guys think on mirror blades for the LE? I’ve only ever done the standard mirrors. I’m thinking black or gold might work well on this one.
Standard?
Black?
Gold?[quoted image]

I have a set of standards I was going to put on my TZ but now I'm thinking I'll wait and see how they look on the LE when it arrives.
Of course, might wait to see if someone does gold and go with that!

#24 1 year ago

Standard mirror blades will be awesome

Mine on location or they’d be installed already… and I still might get them for the location game for the heck of it ^_^

#25 1 year ago

They got chrome / mirror blades and blackened mirror blades. Not sure what would look best of the two. It would be nice if they’d allow LE owners to buy the CE art blades. Someone will probably make some soon enough anyway.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Standard?
Black?
Gold?[quoted image]

Now you're talking my language .
I think black mirror blades would look perfect on the le , I have them on my GNR .
I'm just thinking would the gold mirror blades be the best for the CE , art blades aren't for me , would I be an arsehole if I removed them

IMG_20221229_155452 (resized).jpgIMG_20221229_155452 (resized).jpgIMG_20230318_022442 (resized).jpgIMG_20230318_022442 (resized).jpg
#27 1 year ago

Just wish the music and sound fit the theme..... Its too happy... too jingly... too many recycled melodies from all the other JJP games... Sounds like a slot machine.. go figure.

#28 1 year ago

Is there any other game where you get a super jackpot and it shows someone being killed .
Love it

IMG20230318031601 (resized).jpgIMG20230318031601 (resized).jpg
#29 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is there any other game where you get a super jackpot and it shows someone being killed .
Love it
[quoted image]

RIP Luca ☠️

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

RIP Luca ☠️

He's sleeping with the fishes

#31 1 year ago

anyone having trouble with the ball getting stuck behind center gangster ?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now you're talking my language .
I think black mirror blades would look perfect on the le , I have them on my GNR .
I'm just thinking would the gold mirror blades be the best for the CE , art blades aren't for me , would I be an arsehole if I removed them
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do the black mirror blades make the reflection of the hot rails looks weird?

Would you mind taking some pics on the whole playfield with the Murrow in view. Game lights on would be great. Interested to see the full look.

Yeah the gold ones would be a good fit on the CE. Black could be the winner on the LE.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Do the black mirror blades make the reflection of the hot rails looks weird?
Would you mind taking some pics on the whole playfield with the Murrow in view. Game lights on would be great. Interested to see the full look.
Yeah the gold ones would be a good fit on the CE. Black could be the winner on the LE.

The Black Mirror blades don't make the hot rails look weird or anything else . Black would be perfect for GF and possibly gold but I definitely would not go standard , to Bright , just too much .
I don't know what a Murrow is , so I took a lot of pictures so hopefully I got it whatever that is

IMG20230319022318 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022318 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022322 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022322 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022342 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022342 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022345 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022345 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022358 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022358 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022402 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022402 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022412 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022412 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022419 (resized).jpgIMG20230319022419 (resized).jpg
#34 1 year ago

I like the look of the black on that. It would be great to see them in person. Maybe I’ll have to order a set. The black seems to diffuse the light a little to give it a bit of a darker yet classy look. Black or gold for Godfather will be a tough decision. We need some that are black with gold trim maybe. And gold with black trim while we’re at it. Standard mirrors just don’t seem like the right fit for either GNR or Godfather.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

to give it a bit of a darker yet classy look. Black or gold for Godfather will be a tough decision. We need some that are black with gold trim maybe. And gold with black trim while we’re at it. Standard mirrors just don’t seem like the right fit for either GNR or Godfather.

That's what I've always thought , the black looks classy . I've got standard ones on my fish tales and they're perfect for that game but on GNR and The Godfather subtle is better with the amount of lights they have .

#36 1 year ago

Shit I forgot Godfather CE is coming with art blades. It would be a shame to cover them. My GNR has art blades too. Another reason I should have maybe gone with Godfather LE. Plus I’d likely already have it which would be even better.

#37 1 year ago

I will wait to see what the art blades look like on the CE but I'm really not a fan of art blades , the only production ones I like are on GNR .
I'm really tempted to see what gold ones look like .

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

anyone having trouble with the ball getting stuck behind center gangster ?

Same here. Georgia curse! Email into to JJP on this. Will share solution. For now, drop target disabled.

#39 1 year ago

Those black blades do look really nice! I think that’s the winner.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures!

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Those black blades do look really nice! I think that’s the winner.
Thank you so much for posting the pictures!

No worries .
I don't think you'll regret getting the black ones .
What's a Murrow

#41 1 year ago

The GF LE at the local barcade is having an issue. The left ramp is “flapping”. Every time it goes up it drops right down again. Since the pin knows that it should be up, it then goes up again - over and over. Really messes up gameplay. Has anyone else seen this?

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No worries .
I don't think you'll regret getting the black ones .
What's a Murrow

You don’t know what a Murrow is???

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The GF LE at the local barcade is having an issue. The left ramp is “flapping”. Every time it goes up it drops right down again. Since the pin knows that it should be up, it then goes up again - over and over. Really messes up gameplay. Has anyone else seen this?

Sounds like the honor down switch needs adjusting.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You don’t know what a Murrow is???

Well well well , look what comes up with a Google search .
I should have known better

Screenshot_2023-03-21-21-09-14-08 (resized).pngScreenshot_2023-03-21-21-09-14-08 (resized).png
#45 1 year ago

Lol! It was a typo from trying to type “mirrors”. I have no idea it came up Murrow.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Lol! It was a typo from trying to type “mirrors”. I have no idea it came up Murrow.

No worries , it was weird to see it in a Google search , I think you just made up a new word

#47 1 year ago

If you want to see a great Stream by the guys who made it , watch this .
Check out this video "Jersey Jack Pinball: The Godfather 50th Anniversary LE w/Eric Meunier (design) and Keith Johnson (programming)" https://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball/v/1761588808?sr=a&t=13s

#48 1 year ago

If you want to hear a podcast with Eric talking about lots of stuff about the game , listen to this .
I'm listening to LoserKid Pinball Podcast | Ep 104: Writing Letters to Al Pacino with Eric Meunier on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-t3jaf-17352e7a

#49 1 year ago

Is anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck on the left side of the wheel under the mobster sculpt? Doesn't happen a LOT, but it's a pain when it does. I think it may be that the wheel is too high and it's getting stuck on the seam, but it's a pain to get in there. There's a think about leveling the wheel with the unpacking instructions. Maybe I'll try that first.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck on the left side of the wheel under the mobster sculpt? Doesn't happen a LOT, but it's a pain when it does. I think it may be that the wheel is too high and it's getting stuck on the seam, but it's a pain to get in there. There's a think about leveling the wheel with the unpacking instructions. Maybe I'll try that first.

Would it be similar to levelling the disc on GNR ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,999.99
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.