20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1778 3 years ago

Overall, thought the game looked pretty good from what I saw on the stream. Two things concered me.

First, maybe it was just the way that Jack was playing, but he barely started and got through any episode modes. Mostly he just kept going into one multi-ball mode after another. I hope it's not as hard to start episodes as he made it look. Because I'm a mode guy.

Second, and this may change once the code matures, but the episode modes didn't seem very distinct. When I'm in a mode I like the lightshow and music to really let me know that I'm doing something unique. Whereas the few times that Jack got into an episode, not much really changed other than the LCD screen. The episode modes just didn't feel as exciting as I would have hoped. Maybe the format of the stream with everyone talking over the game made it harder to see the changes when he went into an episode?

We'll know more after Friday's stream.

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It would be pointless to elaborate!
Let's just say I never got the teenage mutant fucking ninja turtles. Maybe I'm too old?!
There ya go Odin! That's progress! They are making games for the 44 and under crowd now!

You sir have terrible taste!

So by worst, you mean least appealing to you personally?

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Have there been cases of Stern showcasing a new title with placeholder art that has been replaced upon build & ship? Any examples? (more curious than anything)

Lots of games add more/new animations post-launch or post-preview. Alice Cooper has had a lot of new/changed animations over it's life. And so has Elvira3. So it's definitely possible that the animations could be refreshed at some point.

#2046 3 years ago

I agree with Delt31 on this (shocking, I know). The pro feels very comparable to the Prem/LE. I didn't miss the glider/diverter at all, and the spinning mag pizza was still very fun and seemed to work just as well as the LE's version of it. I wouldn't feel bad at all about having the Pro. The door opening on the Turtle Van IS cool, but not $2k cool for me. And that's really all I'd miss from the Premium. So very easy choice for me personally.

This TMNT Pro feels very loaded to me. I really like it.

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m growing to like them. They are coded so you not only have to hit them a number of times to spell April or lair, you only have a certain amount of time or you lose progress.

Yeah, they're growing on me too. I like how the ball was kinda bouncing back and forth between the two big targets across the playfield. I feel like the speed and flow was increased by not having drops, or having to hit certain particular stand-ups. I don't view them as a con or cost-cutting measure now that I've seen them in action.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I kind of felt that it was cheapening things on Munsters. To collect Lily, 4 quick hits to the target, usually random ones at that, and voila, she's collected.

I would agree. It did feel cheap on Munsters. But for some reason here, the giant standup target doesn't bother. Not sure exactly why. Must be some combination of coding, sound, lights, and layout, I guess.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Probably because you like TMNT theme?

Well, I love the Munsters theme too. So that's probably not it!

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, that's a convenient thing to say, but it doesn't work for the majority of the areas of the US. Pinball saturation is anything but in 2020. There are SOME areas that have a wealth of location play, and others that have literally none for hundreds of miles. It's not always possible to play before you pay.

Well, in this modern age, "Play before you play" can also mean "Watch someone else play before you pay." Every new game released nowadays gets streamed to no end by at least a dozen or more streamers, and many of those streams get posted to Youtube as well if Twitch ain't your bag. And while nothing beats putting your hands on a game, you can learn a lot from watching someone else play. And you can certainly get a feel for the depth of code.

I like playing Munsters on location quite a bit, but I'm not sure I'd ever own one. Munsters taught everyone to be careful about assuming that games will get major code updates. And while sight-unseen buyers do bear some responsibility, Stern does as well. After all they had previously set the precedent for making deeper games that get lots of updates.
--
Not sure what any of this has to do with the TMNT pin though! I seriously would love to own one; code and gameplay look great. But I'd have to sell my other pins to afford a TMNT, and I'm not sure that I'm ready to only have one pin in the house.

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The reason people are talking about it is Dwight did Munsters and TMNT and they blame Dwight for Munsters being a huge code fail stinkbomb, when I'm pretty sure most of that was a result of orders he got limiting him and not his inherent ability to code pins.

Right, but in this case TMNT clearly all ready has strong code. So unless Stern went insane and removed features from upcoming code updates, I don't see what's to worry about from a rules/code department at this point.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I might pop on an EHOH instead of TMNT myself.

Both are good choices. I'm hoping once the line starts moving again, the prices on EHOH will go down a little. They're up right now because people have figured out that it's a good game, and distros don't really have any in stock I don't think. So hopefully more NIB EHOH will start shipping soon.

#2198 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game is based on the original 87 cartoon...not sure if it’s streaming anywhere, but that’s the basis.
Remake movies are awful, but the 2nd one does have Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady & Baxter.
The original 1990 movie is great. Still holds up, Jim Henson’s turtle costumes look amazing, the acting is good & it has a lot of heart. I still think it’s one of the best comic book/hero movies ever made.
2nd movie is more kiddie/cheesy, but decent & fun enough. Hs the “legendary” Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap.
3rd movie is a horrible garbage fire. Avoid.

Yeah, I honestly think the 1990 TMNT movie is just a genuinely good movie. Like it really holds up, and Judith Hoag is charming as April, and also a major babe. So that doesn't hurt. And somehow the movie manages to have some serious and moving moments, in spite of the inherent silliness of the premise.

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There really aren’t any toys in the pro. The diverter will make a big difference, there’s otherwise no way to feed the right flipper except for the loop ramp.

Post passing or flipper passing might be skills to pickup if you have a Turtles Pro and want to get to the right flipper. Plus, once you can do those moves pretty reliably, it's a lot of fun and it takes your playing to another level.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Third party topper won't get you the code. Similar to Stranger Things where you don't get the plastics from anyone else. Stern is smart, they are marketing the Pro TMNT as it can't lock a ball in the Lair but it only can't because they removed a $1 part and then decided a software timer is impossible.

Ah, but what will the new code/mode be? I'm guessing it will just be another multi-ball mode. Which if it is just another multi-ball, then it's probably not worth getting worked up about. But on the other hand, if it WAS a really awesome mode with custom animations and something cool going on, then we'd all be mad we couldn't play it!

But my money's on it just being a bonus multi-ball mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,999.00
$ 22.00
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.