20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 64.
#1 4 years ago

Ok not confirmed but I was told a few months ago that Stern would have their third cornerstone game release in December.... and it was Not Elvira in October. I also asked a Stern rep during JP reveal and let's just say his reaction was very telling..... I'm pretty confident it's tmnt.

Now that Elvira has been confirmed as not the third game and we all know Stern releases 3 a year that leaves us with a definitive December release.

Kineda is also saying it's tmnt too.... Although he's been wrong before but just another thing to factor.

For me, instant buy if it's 80s/90a turtles. Imagine the art for this game and that theme song playing....

Anyone else getting excited? All signs are pointing to yes and just a few more months.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok not confirmed but I was told a few months ago that Stern would have their third cornerstone game release in December.... Not Elvira in October. I also asked a Stern rep during JP reveal and let's just say his reaction was very telling..... I'm pretty confident it's tmnt.
Now that Elvira has been confirmed as not the third game and we all know Stern releases 3 a year that leaves us with a December release.
Kineda is also saying it's tmnt too.... Although he's been wrong before but just another thing to factor.
For me, instant buy if it's 80s/90a turtles. Imagine the art for this game and that theme song playing....
Anyone else getting excited? All sounds are pointing to yes and just a few more months.

I'd get one for route for sure!

#3 4 years ago

I’m all in! 80/90s turtles would be amazing!

I’d get LE for home and pro for route!

#4 4 years ago

I'm excited I think the art can be killer for this game I also think they can come up with some cool mechs for it.

#5 4 years ago

Imagine some franchi turtles art

#6 4 years ago

If it's 80s/90s art, I'm in for an LE. I was a huge Turtles fan as a kid, as was every other kid in my age group. If it's the new art, then it's a hard pass for me.

#7 4 years ago

Elvira and Turtles are both hard passes for me. I remember the comic book TMNT and then the cartoon of course....I just thought it was really dumb.

He-Man and GI Joe? Those 80s cartoon themes I could get behind.

#8 4 years ago

cartoon themed original artwork TMNT would kill it on location. give us a pro without these garbage playfields and i might consider one

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from easye9901:

Franchi was found guilty by the Self Appointed Hangman, no Trial, No Jury... didn't ya hear?

You'll have to imagine that art from him, cuz it'll never actually happen

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from easye9901:

Well,... that would not be fitting...

TMNT is comic art, not photorealism.

#11 4 years ago

I so hope this is real. This would probably be my first NIB. I have a TMNT tattoo so this is a no brainer...

#12 4 years ago

Stern has already done 3 cornerstones this year: Black Knight, Munsters and Jurassic Park. I doubt we'll be seeing another release before March 2020. I would be excited for a tmnt tho

#13 4 years ago

I hope it says “Head for the sewer!”

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Stern has already done 3 cornerstones this year: Black Knight, Munsters and Jurassic Park. I doubt we'll be seeing another release before March 2020. I would be excited for a tmnt tho

Wasn't Munsters revealed in December of 2018? So maybe a December 2019 reveal as well?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok not confirmed but I was told a few months ago that Stern would have their third cornerstone game release in December.... Not Elvira in October. I also asked a Stern rep during JP reveal and let's just say his reaction was very telling..... I'm pretty confident it's tmnt.
Now that Elvira has been confirmed as not the third game and we all know Stern releases 3 a year that leaves us with a December release.
Anyone else getting excited? All signs are pointing to yes and just a few more months.

I’d definitely be interested in TMNT if it’s based on the Konami arcade game. Maybe put one on location at the brewery?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I don't believe munsters is being considered a cornerstone 2019 game. There will be another release based on my sources (which includes distributors) this year (December timeframe).

and yes - if it's konami turtles, no brainer. It would be perfect timing considering 1UP is releasing their TMNT arcade versions this year too so the folks that own TMNT evidently don't mind going back to when they were awesome.

#17 4 years ago

The Data East revamped games to Stern / JJP games is the on going trend... If that's the case TMNT would be a title that would be inline to certainly get redone..

Simpsons
Jurassic Park
GNR - JJP
TMNT ?
Back To The Future ??!!

I prey for Back To The Future, with three playfields regular 1985 the present ,upper the future 2015 magnets would hover the ball / deloreon etc../ lower playfield would be inside a train tunnel / mine representing 1885 or a shoot out with drop targets similar to that of Cactus Canyon. The theme has insane amount of potential.

#18 4 years ago

Original style Eastman and Laird would be great. Anything else would be kind of lame.

#19 4 years ago

I'm pretty excited for this game. I'm just really curious to see which version of turtles it's based on. I think the original comic book could be really cool and darker, but I would also love one based off the original trilogy movies. Either way I'm hoping for something totally radical with this game that makes it a must buy.

#20 4 years ago

90s movie theme is my vote!

I love the momentum this title is getting!
Seems that there is a lot of us who would be first time NIB customers

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

original trilogy movies

So much bad memories.

The first one was cool & dark but... Shredder recruiting some street Kids was "meh".
Final Showdown was... uh,... well Shredder fell in the dumpster and got squashed.
That was cool I guess but the final fight that lead to this is not worth mentioning.
It kinda wasn't what I expected but yes, it was a good movie.

The second one seemed to have a higher budget, more mutants, more Action, TMNT backstory...
...but it just felt flat. All the griddyness was gone. Did one of the Turtles ever use their weapon in the movie?
They just fight with random stuff and mostly joking around.
I saw that one in the Cinema, went out and thought "something was missing/ off". Took me years to realise what.
Marketing team/ management killed that one.

The third one...
why the F*** did they have to change the puppets every single time?!
This just was... nothing.

This was no trilogy. This was just three movies lacking any cohesiveness besides the main characters and even them looked different each time.

#22 4 years ago

80/90’s or original comic and I’m all in.

#23 4 years ago

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

Vanilla Ice & Cory Feldman call outs would be legit AF. Prolly cheaper than the Stern redneck voice actor too lol

Fuh real tho. Jurassic Park, Elvira... if TMNT happens then Bill & Ted... I am gonna be in deep shit.

#24 4 years ago

Fix the playfields and we can talk.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The Data East revamped games to Stern / JJP games is the on going trend... If that's the case TMNT would be a title that would be inline to certainly get redone..
Simpsons
Jurassic Park
GNR - JJP
TMNT ?
Back To The Future ??!!
I prey for Back To The Future, with three playfields regular 1985 the present ,upper the future 2015 magnets would hover the ball / deloreon etc../ lower playfield would be inside a train tunnel / mine representing 1885 or a shoot out with drop targets similar to that of Cactus Canyon. The theme has insane amount of potential.

Brian Eddy RoboCop pin please!

how-robocop-predicted-everything-important-about-modern-americaback-in-1987.jpg. (resized).jpghow-robocop-predicted-everything-important-about-modern-americaback-in-1987.jpg. (resized).jpg
#26 4 years ago

Konami TMNT is first stern NIB purchase for me, for sure. But Movie turtles? Are you trolling? I'm good with any 80's/ 90's comic or cartoon, just let Zombie Yeti do whatever he thinks is best, in him I trust.

Need the Pizza time callout. Need the Konami TMNT music. Need to work in a "my toes, my toes" callout also!

#27 4 years ago

I think comic or 80's turtles art with some easter egg references to the movies would be cool

Next time I'll use mustard

#28 4 years ago

I HATE TURTLES!

#29 4 years ago

I always said, it would be so hard for me to pass on a TMNT or a Scooby Doo machine.

#30 4 years ago

It’s going to happen!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

This would be my first NIB too, It snuck up on me though. I may have to try to unload guardians soon for some cash.

#32 4 years ago

Anyone with any recent information from distributors/pinball insiders? My news is about a month old. I'm sure with Elvira out in the wild, more will be coming soon.

I plan on changing the title as soon as this title gets announced - hopefully eventually into the club b/c only the most diehard TMNT fans are in here now. And when I say TMNT, I mean the only TMNT - 80s/90s konami. I'm completely out if it's not that style.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone with any recent information from distributors/pinball insiders? My news is about a month old. I'm sure with Elvira out in the wild, more will be coming soon. I plan on changing the title as soon as this title gets announced - hopefully eventually into the club b/c only the most diehard TMNT fans are in here now. And when I say TMNT, I mean the only TMNT - 80s/90s konami. I'm completely out if it's not that style.

I certainly fall into Die hard TMNT 80s/90s . I have a lot of my action figures from when I was a kid, some never opened. The original sewer lair and technodrome playsets. My first pin was TMNT data east and this will be sitting right next to that one. I am hoping for 80's animation with some sort of warp to other universe mode. Some boss modes maybe like black knight with Bebop, Rocksteady, and Baxter Stockman with Shredder being the final showdown. I am super excited for this one, I don't think I will have the cash ready for LE, I will probably get the premium and possibly trade up the LE in the future.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I just think the comic art has the potential to be better integrated into the lcd screen.
It could be done, but it seems like lcd integration is one of the main things people complain about these days.

Personally the screen is down there with cabinet side art as things I care about least. So I'd be all for early movies or comic art.

#35 4 years ago

If this happens, don't forget about Casey Jones.

caseyjnesoutalw.png.cf (resized).pngcaseyjnesoutalw.png.cf (resized).png
#36 4 years ago
tmnt (resized).pngtmnt (resized).png
1 week later
#37 4 years ago

Anyone hearing anything recently?

#38 4 years ago

I would love a character select screen like Star Wars and JJP POTC with each character having unique perks and abilities.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I would love a character select screen like Star Wars and JJP POTC with each character having unique perks and abilities.

That's a great idea

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone hearing anything recently?

I’ve heard they’ve scrapped the theme and are replacing with a Barbie and Ken theme.

#41 4 years ago

It better be mode based with each mode a villain battle, leading up to wizard modes vs major villains. So many easy possibilities. I'm really leaning towards original gritty comic art style similar to DP. Maybe a technodrome toy to blow up(better than death star egg).

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

This is a great idea, although its tough to decide which one I like better as the boss modes like black knight will be really great too. Maybe a boss mode with certain shots to collect turtle abilities.

#43 4 years ago

If it's 90's theme count me in 100%!!

#44 4 years ago

@ team Stern :Please no Nickolodeon!!!

#45 4 years ago

I would absolutely be in for a 80/90’s art game

#46 4 years ago

I’d also hope for a a bad ass topper. Although the vintage sewer play set would fit.

#47 4 years ago

As a TMNT cartoon obsessed kid in the 80s/90s, I know what I’d want in the game:

-Original cartoon stories/clips/voices
-Custom callouts from original cast. They’re all still alive except for James Avery (Shredder). If they can only afford a few - hire Barry Gordon since he does Donatello & Bebop, and Cam Clarke since he’s Leonardo & Rocksteady...but really, having them all would be amazing.
-Original theme & show music or reasonable recreations. The recent Arcade1Up has a cover of the theme song instead of the real one...so we know the tunes are still possible.

What kind of toys would be cool? Something involving the Technodrome, Krang’s robot body, Mousers, or the Transport Drill would be cool. Incorporating the dimensional portal to Dimension X would be great. Shoot the portal for Dimension X modes or something. Fighting Shredder & Krang’s tech seems like a good way to feel like you’re the Turtles vs. the bad guys.

Srsly if any Stern peeps would like a consultant for this project, hit me up. I’ll sign an NDA & help for free...I know everything about 80’s TMNT episodes & have connections with many people who were involved with it. Cowabunga!!!

#48 4 years ago

There can be only one TMNT pin in the world

tmnt1 (resized).jpgtmnt1 (resized).jpgtmnt6 (resized).jpgtmnt6 (resized).jpg
#49 4 years ago

Turtle power!

9E7C96B5-E391-470B-8352-363AFBB6F7EC.jpeg9E7C96B5-E391-470B-8352-363AFBB6F7EC.jpeg
#50 4 years ago

Seems like this is quite the polar theme as far as pinside goes based on the number of other people chiming in about it in other threads, but personally, I think it would be tubular to have a decent TMNT pin in my line up. The irony is, this is probably the one license, NO BODY WANTS BASED ON THE MOVIE(S). Looking at Jurassic Park and everyone moaning about it not really having any of the iconic movie references (even though it was an epic book first and foremost), TMNT is similar in that it's roots run deep in graphic novel format and was adapted later for main stream viewing. Which, like JP, would give STERN (or whoever) a lot of freedom in what they ultimately could do with the game, not being tied to redundant movie clips.

The TMNT universe has so much to offer design wise to build a unique playfield that incorporates theme such as their secret underground lair accessed via subways/sewers/etc., tons of characters and villain content (the 4 turtles, Splinter, Shredder, Shredder's foot soldier army, his goons bebob and rocksteady, Krang, April O'Neil, Casey Jones, the news van, etc.) along with an art style that really has a lot of options - - as long as it's iconic, and at the heart is comic style oriented. The original masters would do the theme the most justice, but based on the work that Zombie Yeti has done recently, I truly believe that he would knock this one out of the park.

As far as all of the nay-sayers complaining about it being an old theme for old dudes, and that it's just nostalgic for a few people, they clearly don't have children. My 6 year old has been a TMNT fan since he found out about mutant turtles that learned to be ninjas. The theme passes generations and will continue to be relevant in years to come. Just like Jurassic Park and dinosaurs.

#hopeithappens
#betterstartsaving

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.