20200804_103634 (resized).jpg
New Fence (resized).jpg
15963059000502369500953280519597 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
A4B46054-2D13-4BAA-84CB-2FF4E4BB6AD8 (resized).png
0A982855-3F43-4A16-9E0F-F35100F595B3 (resized).jpeg
BF285EDC-2988-4E55-85AC-8272D2733D3D (resized).jpeg
cool-kit-right (resized).jpg

There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 64.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone know any dealers with LE stock left?

I believe JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado as well.I cannot recommend him enough always delivers top notch service!

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

...with Bebop over one shoulder and Rocksteady over the other.

Oh nice idea! C’mon Stern make this happen!!

#2303 3 years ago

Just got confirmation I’ll be on the first wave of pros. I originally wanted a premium but after watching the pro stream I was more than satisfied and pulled the trigger. With the extra cash I saved going with the pro I was able to pick up a Jack*Bot.

81B81C1E-CFC8-4B1F-9DE0-1C2FC4B87CC1.gif81B81C1E-CFC8-4B1F-9DE0-1C2FC4B87CC1.gif
#2304 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just got confirmation I’ll be on the first wave of pros. I originally wanted a premium but after watching the pro stream I was more than satisfied and pulled the trigger. With the extra cash I saved going with the pro I was able to pick up a Jack*Bot.
[quoted image]

Congrats on the new game.
Looking forward to you posting some pictures.

Did you distro give you an approximate delivery date?

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I believe JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado as well.I cannot recommend him enough always delivers top notch service!

Agreed, love JJ!

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats on the new game.
Looking forward to you posting some pictures.
Did you distro give you an approximate delivery date?

Not yet but I should know more this weekend and I’ll pass the info on.

#2307 3 years ago

I remember seeing people fill their playfields with extra TMNT toys on the Data East model. Think people will do that again on this one?

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

The NECA Krang action figure is going to be a great add-on for the Pro....Maybe wire up an LED inside the machine with Krang and have it run off one of the pop bumpers.
[quoted image]

You don’t think it’s going to be too big?

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

I remember seeing people fill their playfields with extra TMNT toys on the Data East model. Think people will do that again on this one?

Guaranteed - like death and taxes.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Not yet but I should know more this weekend and I’ll pass the info on.

Looking forward to it.

I am not sure if the Stern factory is back up and running again.

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

The DE game came with the Playmates toys attached from the factory.

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The last time I recall this type of reaction was Stern's best game ever......JP2.
Crazy that the release of JP was recent. To say pinball isn't getting some real knock outs would be crazy. I'm loving it.

I also remember iron maiden having hype and they are up for sale regularly.
Also recall a lot of hype for many games as they came out acdc Metallica and also star trek in particular the le.
JP2 best stern ever... thats a big call and obviously a subjective one. Some people just dont like dinosaurs. I think SR's bk3 is the best recent stern... all subjective and many games fall off the hype train after a while. That all said this title does look cool and Borg imo is equal 1st along side SR with designers at stern.

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

First day here?

#2314 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I really enjoy playing EHoH and like the smoothness of the layout but find the shots lacking in "satisfaction". Star Trek is a game that's a fan layout but it's got the Warp ramp, Away Team, and Vengeance that all feel great. When playing Elvira I just want some of the shots to "feel" better. Extremely subjective review of why I think Elvira is Good but I haven't bought one yet.

I love the flow and feel of Star Trek way waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than new Elvira, wish new Elvira had that feel like Scared Stiff but it does not and humor not the same as last one

#2315 3 years ago

Stop scaring me of EHOH. getting my premium first. Turtles later.

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

It’s pretty much a guarantee, even though TMNT is already pretty much packed, some will find a way to cram as many figures into what little space there is.

I can’t wait to see the homemade toppers, saw a homemade TWD topper the other day that was an abomination

#2317 3 years ago

I want to see the original DE topper on one! Play pinball dudes!

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image]

Often I feel that premium is the only way to play, but pro on this model is really the way I'm leaning. Not sure I give a shit about the big ugly diverter, two way spinning pizza, bouncing krang, or 8 ball multiball (which is about 3 too many). So I think you made terrific choice. Hell, the pro art is my favorite, too. The only thing I would want is the physical ball lock of the premium where the balls come out of the van. That's not worth 2k, to me.

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Often I feel that premium is the only way to play, but pro on this model is really the way I'm leaning. Not sure I give a shit about the big ugly diverter, two way spinning pizza, bouncing krang, or 8 ball multiball (which is about 3 too many). So I think you made terrific choice. Hell, the pro art is my favorite, too. The only thing I would want is the physical ball lock of the premium where the balls come out of the van. That's not worth 2k, to me.

That’s definitely one way to sell it to yourself if you can’t afford it.
I reckon all extras are great!

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Maybe really read what I said instead of being cute next time.

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Maybe really read what I said instead of being cute next time.

There really aren’t any toys in the pro. The diverter will make a big difference, there’s otherwise no way to feed the right flipper except for the loop ramp.

#2322 3 years ago

Hoping we see the "first boxed game" in the next week. This will be my first NiB Stern at launch. I did get a Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) nib, but that was 6 to 9 months after release and was via the Rewards program.

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Some people would rather get a pro plus a whole other pinball machine than a premium and sometimes the extra features on the premium are worth it.

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There really aren’t any toys in the pro. The diverted will make a big difference, there’s otherwise no way to feed the right flipper except for the loop ramp.

I wonder if it will be a nuisance to have to hit the lock down button to divert the ball vs. Having an extra button on the side of the cabinet? Im leaning Pro on this one as well but will have to play them both for myself to really experience the difference.

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Some people would rather get a pro plus a whole other pinball machine than a premium and sometimes the extra features on the premium are worth it.

Agreed. That's why I'm keeping my Data East TMNT. I can't justify selling to upgrade from Pro to Premium. Still, premium is really nice. I hope someone creates a similar krang toy that lights up.

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The balls spilling out if the van is s cool moment. Reminds me of the of what Borg did with Indiana Jones and the balls spilling out of the ark. However after seeing it a million times it loses its luster.

I bet a smart person will figure out how to mod a diverter onto the pro. Shouldn't be too hard to buy the premium ramp and put your own driven diverter onto it. Since its player controller you dont need to hack into the code to make it talk to the game. Just add a button (on the cabinet side instead of the lockdown bar).

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since its player controller you dont need to hack into the code to make it talk to the game.

Its also game controlled at times to stop and hold the ball like the pro does

#2328 3 years ago

Also has the extra switch that allows you to stage a ball during multi ball. While the switch alone is not worth much I do like that feature in a game.

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Not sure I give a shit about the big ugly diverter, two way spinning pizza, bouncing krang, or 8 ball multiball (which is about 3 too many). So I think you made terrific choice. Hell, the pro art is my favorite, too.

I agree on preferring the Pro art over the Premium, significantly so for me. I was between the Pro or LE with no interest in the Premium because of it. Collector in me went the LE route though.

I couldn't justify the $1800 upgrade for diverter / krang when I felt the art was inferior. This is a turtles machine, you want green to be the center color. Purple didn't do it for me.

#2330 3 years ago
Quoted from jonebone:

I agree on preferring the Pro art over the Premium, significantly so for me. I was between the Pro or LE with no interest in the Premium because of it. Collector in me went the LE route though.
I couldn't justify the $1800 upgrade for diverter / krang when I felt the art was inferior. This is a turtles machine, you want green to be the center color. Purple didn't do it for me.

So pro?

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image]

I remember that episode lol. Shredder and Michelangelo switched bodies

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There really aren’t any toys in the pro. The diverter will make a big difference, there’s otherwise no way to feed the right flipper except for the loop ramp.

Post passing or flipper passing might be skills to pickup if you have a Turtles Pro and want to get to the right flipper. Plus, once you can do those moves pretty reliably, it's a lot of fun and it takes your playing to another level.

#2333 3 years ago

delt31 - have you sold your TMNT machine yet

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Post passing or flipper passing might be skills to pickup if you have a Turtles Pro and want to get to the right flipper. Plus, once you can do those moves pretty reliably, it's a lot of fun and it takes your playing to another level.

Not to mention that skill traverses to other games. The diverter is certainly a cool option for casual players that can't do passes but are confident in a ramp shot. I know on my machine I point out to friends what target they need to hit in a mode and they say "I can't hit that from this flipper!"

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Its also game controlled at times to stop and hold the ball like the pro does

Correct, so if you had a pro it would still do that. You put your diverter mod before the part that stops the ball.

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Its similar to Ghostbusters Pro which doesn't really have a direct feed to the left flipper. Pretty easy to use post, bounce, and roll passes to feed it.

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Its similar to Ghostbusters Pro which doesn't really have a direct feed to the left flipper. Pretty easy to use post, bounce, and roll passes to feed it.

Neither does BKSoR. People still lived. TMNT Pro actually has feeds to both flippers and people are acting as if the Prem/LE diverter is the only way a ball can get to the right flipper.

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

best thing about GB pro is the designed post and dead pass.

TMNT2 seems to be very intentional. I notice in general that Stern doe s good job of 'dumbing down' the prem version to allow easier ball feeds in many cases. The pro is oft the more challenging model. I actually like and appreciate this division of play.

Pro = route and the player looking to hone skills with no real concern of toys beyond the core
Prem = easier play style, more toys for home market
LE = same but often flair for those more into the collecting aspect than the playing.

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Not to mention that skill traverses to other games. The diverter is certainly a cool option for casual players that can't do passes but are confident in a ramp shot. I know on my machine I point out to friends what target they need to hit in a mode and they say "I can't hit that from this flipper!"

As someone who owns a Shadow, I think diverters add such a fun element to the game! You can chain some crazy shots and it is such a rush.

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As someone who owns a Shadow, I think diverters add such a fun element to the game! You can chain some crazy shots and it is such a rush.

Yes this is what sold me on the diverter used to have a shadow and that was a ton of fun!

#2341 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I own a shadow too. Tell me how good Vengeance would feel if you had one button on the lockdown bar?

I love the idea of a diverter and hope it’s great but the fact there doesn’t seem to be much flow between both flippers (Vengeance) and there’s no side cabinet buttons lower the value for me.

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I own a shadow too. Tell me how good Vengeance would feel if you had one button on the lockdown bar?
I love the idea of a diverter and hope it’s great but the fact there doesn’t seem to be much flow between both flippers (Vengeance) and there’s no side cabinet buttons lower the value for me.

Yea would be better on side but since its just on diverter maybe it will be ok .

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The balls spilling out if the van is s cool moment. Reminds me of the of what Borg did with Indiana Jones and the balls spilling out of the ark. However after seeing it a million times it loses its luster.

Just look away!

Quoted from Waxx:

Fair point.

#2345 3 years ago

Only once in a blue moon will I play a 4 player game alone. I will be doing this CONSTANTLY on this game. Co-op is going to be so fun for groups and even single player.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

best thing about GB pro is the designed post and dead pass.
TMNT2 seems to be very intentional. I notice in general that Stern doe s good job of 'dumbing down' the prem version to allow easier ball feeds in many cases. The pro is oft the more challenging model. I actually like and appreciate this division of play.
Pro = route and the player looking to hone skills with no real concern of toys beyond the core
Prem = easier play style, more toys for home market
LE = same but often flair for those more into the collecting aspect than the playing.

Except star wars. Premium is way harder with the hyperloop ramp

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I own shadow as well. This is no shadow diverter. That's like the BMW of diverters. This is as bare as it gets. In fact they made no adjustment to the location of it like shadow to accommodate the player..... Just stuck it in to fill in the blank as they never know what to do with that button on the lockdown bar.

It's definitely a nice to have..... Why not. But it's no shadow

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only once in a blue moon will I play a 4 player game alone. I will be doing this CONSTANTLY on this game. Co-op is going to be so fun for groups and even single player.

Honestly the shared progression Co-op is the coolest code feature of this game IMO (yes I know it was also in TNA but first in a Stern). I would love if they added it to other games so that casual players can see the later parts in a game that they never would by themselves. I won't hold my breath but i'll cross my fingers it comes to games like JP so a team can make it to the visitor center. It was added in later code in TNA so I would assume it could be added later to other games.

#2349 3 years ago

This will be TNA co op on steroids. You share progress and can even stack things up for later players. Dwight gives examples of what is possible in that interview above that I posted.

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This will be TNA co op on steroids. You share progress and can even stack things up for later players. Dwight gives examples of what is possible in that interview above that I posted.

Yea I watched the deadflip streams where he dove into that a bit. Definitely a game changer for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 3,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stern-hype-thread/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.