(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 8 years ago

Words of wisdom from the good ol' Lord #wheresthecode #avengerspinball #sternpinball
stern-pinball-avengers-jesus.jpgstern-pinball-avengers-jesus.jpg

#144 8 years ago

Tony has a way to describe things so that they are clear and concise! Stern Pinball ‪#‎wheresthecode‬ ‪#‎avengerspinball‬ ‪#‎sternpinball‬
stern-pinball-avengers-tony-helmet.jpgstern-pinball-avengers-tony-helmet.jpg

#147 8 years ago

Yes. No timeline. = We'll keep saying yes until this game is forgotten in the oblivion of game code and then we will say...Sorry guys this game is not worth being revised because it's too old.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#188 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

yes they did, I asked if a code update for Av was coming and they confirmed (see previous post somewhere in this topic)

Re read what he said.

1 week later
#243 8 years ago

stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpgstern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Stern has been cut some serous slack lately on #wheresthecode and I think most people thought 2015 was going to be different. In the end I think we were just fooled with even more smoke and mirrors on facebook. Make vague promises and deliver nothing...
Rob

GOT to me was there window to make decent changes.... we will see how it pans out. The fudge the artwork let's see if they can at least manage to release with solid code...if not I think there in a heap of sh*t from the home market stand point.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

George is a nice guy but I've spoken to him before where he says "who determines when a game is done? If we left it up to the hobbyists it would never be done".

I'll tell it like it is.....what a load of shit! If I am spending more than $6,000 on a toy you better code every single feature that is listed on the playfield and fix the bugs. Short of that you failed your customer. Here is an idea. List the features and modes that will be available on the game. Announce such modes and then stick to the program. That way people know what they are buying and you guys know exactly what you have to code.

To put the faults of a game on the shoulders of the buyer is just pure non sense.

Like you said on facebook George... "It's your game"! We'll let me point something to you. Your game is unfinished. The code in your game as more holes than a chunk of Swiss cheese and if you truly believe that your game is done well you will do two things:

a) Piss off all the home market buyers that bought your "complete game"
b) Lose some sales on future titles

stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpgstern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So I own Avengers (and I see that you don't). The issues are few. The code is actually very solid and the game is mostly complete. There are not "more holes than Swiss cheese" and the game is not a disaster.

I wouldn't call it a disaster either and even if I don't own the game I have played it enough to know that there are definitely holes in the code that prevent it from being great. The analogy is somewhat exaggerated but I don't see other people stepping up to the plate. If people would give me ideas I would take them.

Sure the "wheresthecode" facebook page only has 290 likes but it's been climbing steadily since it's started and it's not declining. Which means more and more people are getting fed up. They are not huge numbers but if everyone that is pissed off at Stern (a lot more than 290) would join together the message would be alot stronger. Even at 290 some posts get more than 2,000 in reach with just a few shares and a few likes. If all those 290 people would like and share just one post it could easily reach 10K.

The Problem is people bitch on here but it is self contained...no one outside the forum hears this stuff. So if you want to voice your opinion and make it known to the outside world other than pinside. I suggest people subscribe to the facebook feed and "like" and most importantly "share" the posts. If people have ideas on posts they can easily pm me or send me a note on the page. Ideas are welcomed. Help me get rid of the "white noise".

https://www.facebook.com/wheresthecode

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Here's an idea I expect some thumbs down for. Team up with someone on pinside who makes shirts and/or wristbands and have the "where is the code?" products at Chicago Expo. Give the wrist bands away so people wear them all over Expo - bright red wristbands. You want to get Stern attention - they are all at Expo including the disti's.

I had done some shirts before. With little fan fare maybe I can relaunch ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.