(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 years ago

ColorDMD thinks Avengers is worthy of a color update Stern!!!!

image.png

#352 4 years ago

Did anyone see Stern's recent Facebook post? Says the presents are going to be a little late because Santa got stuck playing an Avengers pinball machine. Is that a hint?

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Did anyone see Stern's recent Facebook post? Says the presents are going to be a little late because Santa got stuck playing an Avengers pinball machine. Is that a hint?

I don't think so.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

No way.

#355 4 years ago

Why is everyone being so negative?

#356 4 years ago

They been hinting at an Avengers Code update for 8 months now. Hope it finally becomes a reality for all its owners.

#357 4 years ago

avengerssanta_(resized).png

1 week later
#358 4 years ago

After several days of waiting, I think avenger, wwe, were totally forsaken by stern.
Much hope, but nothing.

#359 4 years ago

I'm guessing this is dead now but if not, I just thought of another code change that is needed.

When Extra Ball is lit. The diverter on the BW ramp should send the ball to the saucer. Getting that dang saucer is nearly impossible without that. Seems like it should work like that anyways though to where if it's lit for something the ball is diverted to it.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

When Extra Ball is lit. The diverter on the BW ramp should send the ball to the saucer

Mine already does this unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying... On mine, when the Extra Ball arrow is lit, and you hit the BW shot, the diverter drops and sends the ball to the saucer.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mine already does this unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying... On mine, when the Extra Ball arrow is lit, and you hit the BW shot, the diverter drops and sends the ball to the saucer.

It doesn't. But I like it being hard to hit. There is strategy in getting hulk ready for the extra ball light. Also, you can hit the right most blue target behind the cube and usually get into th saucer if you hit it right.

#362 4 years ago

Maybe ... we could all threaten to hold our breath until new code is released?

Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg

#363 4 years ago

Still holding our breath!

images-4_(resized).jpeg

#364 4 years ago

Ok ok ok........

image_(resized).jpeg

#365 4 years ago

I had another idea for code ...

For Super Skill Shot, every lane flashes ... If you can hit a lane within 5 seconds that lane is completed. Same as how it works on Metallica.

It'd be a great addition.

On another note, my Hulk arms stopped working ... Traced it back to a broken wire about an inch from the coil. Put it back about 3 days ago, now it has broken the wire AGAIN! ... further down the wire this time. The wire is a very thin gauge so I am upgrading it with thicker wire, hopefully that will sort it out.

rd

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

On another note, my Hulk arms stopped working ... Traced it back to a broken wire about an inch from the coil. Put it back about 3 days ago, now it has broken the wire AGAIN! ... further down the wire this time. The wire is a very thin gauge so I am upgrading it with thicker wire, hopefully that will sort it out.

Yep! I had the same problem.

Quoted from rotordave:

For Super Skill Shot, every lane flashes ... If you can hit a lane within 5 seconds that lane is completed. Same as how it works on Metallica.

Agreed!

I love this machine.
Yet it has so much un-tapped potential.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Yep the thin wire done the same on mine Dave . One of the wires actually broke inside the insulation . Used a thicker gauge wire and all is good . Just make sure you make it long enough to give Hulk plenty of movement . Such a pain to get the Hulk out though .

Actually the Metallica super skill shot is any shot hit , but to get the whole row lit ready for the Seek and destroy countdown you have to make the shot with the lit arrow . ( When you launch the ball for a super skill shot by holding left flipper only one shot will have it's arrow lit ) .

Not sure how that skill shot would work as it couldn't differentiate between going for the Capt. America skill shot or another one . Also on Avengers you can't loop the ball round the top easily like you can on Metallica .

One thing I would like to see in new code is the Capt. America value for the pops hold when you collect him . Currently the pops are worth 1000 , 1500 , 2000 etc. ( increasing by 500 points per hit each time you get a pass through the bumpers ) . Once you've started Capt. America mode the pops are worth 8000 points a hit while the meter is depleted and then you collect him . Once you collect him the pops revert back to 1000 per hit . They should stay at 8000 per hit for the rest of the game , or at least the end of the ball in play .

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

One thing I would like to see in new code is the Capt. America value for the pops hold when you collect him . Currently the pops are worth 1000 , 1500 , 2000 etc. ( increasing by 500 points per hit each time you get a pass through the bumpers ) . Once you've started Capt. America mode the pops are worth 8000 points a hit while the meter is depleted and then you collect him . Once you collect him the pops revert back to 1000 per hit . They should stay at 8000 per hit for the rest of the game , or at least the end of the ball in play .

Dang. I need to pay more attention. I didn't realize the pops increased in the first place. This is good to know.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Not sure how that skill shot would work as it couldn't differentiate between going for the Capt. America skill shot or another one

Hi ya Scotty! Yeah, I probably didn't explain my idea that well.

As you say, on Metallica all shots are lit but only one flashes to be hit and give "completion" of the row.

I was thinking you could either have one flashing, same as that ... or flash them all... and the hit one is completed (and the mode starts) It'd save a lot of plodding away hitting the shots as per usual, and add a real incentive to "go for it". Imagine if you could start Black Widow in one shot rather than 10.

rd

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

At this point, you just can't expect any creative gameplay changes...it's just not going to happen. The game is the game. At the very least they need to release the Thor-flasher bug update. Best case scenario you also get Wizard Dots and some option settings for games that have issues w/ the H target.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At this point, you just can't expect any creative gameplay changes...it's just not going to happen. The game is the game. At the very least they need to release the Thor-flasher bug update. Best case scenario you also get Wizard Dots and some option settings for games that have issues w/ the H target.

Pretty much nailed it.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, that's for sure.

rd

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All that plus why not add the BW spinner to count toward her collection/completion.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Can you say VE to go along with the new movie?

They would first need to sell the 80-90 NIB Avengers machines they still have available.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

All that plus why not add the BW spinner to count toward her collection/completion.

Cuz it's DONE lol. They haven no reason to go back to the creative well for this game...it's done, over, out of production. Fixing the few things that are broken/missing is still the right thing to do for those who own it....and always makes Stern look good when people consider buying new titles. Every game abandoned makes for more skeptical buyers.

1 week later
#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

This would be a great addition as the ball does get rejected from this shot and you feel cheated not having it count

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

This would be a great addition as the ball does get rejected from this shot and you feel cheated not having it count

New code release appears to have that included.

#379 4 years ago

#380 4 years ago

Reading through the READ ME, looks like they have made a lot of small adjustments.

Looks like the spinner now has more of a purpose.

No bonus X carry over award will nerf a lot of my high score tactics lol

rd

#381 4 years ago

Well I was wrong... That God for that hey... Looking forward to giving it a whirl tonight!

#382 4 years ago

Thank god they implemented the delay in the Hulk targets resetting .. ie . no more rebounds back into the saucer over and over again .

Also good that they have now delayed the bridge lifting up compared to Hulk lifting his arms up .. ie . no more worn knuckles for Hulk !

#383 4 years ago

Nice!!! Thank you Stern!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside