View topic image gallery

Untitled- 2.jpg
lights 1.jpg
IMG_4462.jpg
IMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4459.jpg
IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4458.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of some recent mods I added to my ST Pro.

I really wanted one of the Hallmark enterprise ships that matches what is on the LE but I just couldn't justify the cost so I picked this one up for only $10 off e-bay. It doesn't light up as much but I think it fits in nicely. I also took my apron off, installed some flashers (tied to the ship) a light in the middle for GI and painted it with a transparent blue with metallic silver as the base coat. Pretty happy with how it came out.

I also changed out my GI to be more space themed and added:
- mirror blades
- pinbits vengence dress up kit
- pinbits pop bumper kit
- Mezel mods chase lights
- extra spot light (entrance of the warp ramp)
- clear superband rubbers
- shaker motor
- transparent blue flipper bats (painted metallic silver inside
- Mezel mods light diffuser
- Mezel mods vengence spring cover

Now all I need is the next code update

IMG_4458.jpgIMG_4458.jpg
IMG_4464.jpgIMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4459.jpgIMG_4459.jpg
IMG_4466.jpgIMG_4466.jpg
IMG_4462.jpgIMG_4462.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Looks great, have you seen the pin blades for ST that are space themed? Your game looks good with those mirrors, but if more of a space theme is desired, I would go with those pin blades with the lighting effects. They're definite game changers.

Yeah, I saw them at the TPF. I thought I would really like them based off pics but in person I just wasn't feeling it. Looked good but just wasn't my cup of tea.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have an LE and I envy your pinball . Please follow my lead and make some kind of video. What color GI 555 did you use . Nice light blue ? I think. And what company did you buy them from ? What is that light in the center of apron ? Really nice work . Rob

Sure thing. All my lights are from comet pinball now. Really good light spread and super affordable. I'll take a video so you can see the apron lights in action as well as break-out the GI colors I used. The apron flasher is my favorite as it really make a crazy cool light show. The light under the apron is one of the only non-comet pinball lights I used. It's a F'n bright light from pinball life. It ties into the GI and just shoots up the middle. Since I changed a lot of the lights to blue it darkened the pin up a bit so adding that brightens up the playfield again. Pin looked great stock but everything on the pro was white (even the inserts). Just didn't match the theme to me so I had to try some things out. I also color matched all the inserts with the exception of the torpedo lights to get a more vibrant color.

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Nice! Did you peel the apron stickers off or mask them off for paint?

I cheated. I have a couple of spare stock stern aprons sitting around so I drilled the holes for the lights in it and painted it. When I was happy with the color I then pealed the stickers off the original apron on ST and put them onto the one I painted. They come off super easy. One thing to note though is that ST has a different auto launcher so if you do the same and don't use the factory apron you have to shave off a little bit of the plastic at the shooter lane or the launcher will hit the apron. I just used some off the shelf duplicolor paint in a spray can. Cleaned it real well, put down a couple coats of the metallic base coat then added about 4 coats of the transparent blue. Followed it up by some clearcoat. Total cost was about $15 in paint.

#9 10 years ago

RobKnapp - Let me know if this doesn't help out. Light map on a playfield redraw I've been working on as well as without the PF image. Also a video showing the apron flashers. Had to take this while holding the camera under my chin so forgive the bad play and angle. Looks much better in person but that's kind of how LED lights seem to go with camera's.

On the lights. All the backpanel lights were switched with blue.

Color Key:
- B - Blue
- R Red
- P - Purple
- C - Cyan
- W - White

Shape Key:
-Round circle - GI lights on playfield (these bulbs http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm)
-Diamonds - Dome lights ***keep in mind I added 2 dome lights to my game (these bulbs http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560)
-Stars - Flashers (these bulbs for 89 base http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdg18tower.htm and these bulbs for 906 base http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm )

lights 1.jpglights 1.jpg

Untitled- 2.jpgUntitled- 2.jpg

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

by the way, can you post pls hires of your apron cards? They look great !!

Got them from here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stle-custom-apron-cards/page/2

I hear you on the enterprise model. Just can't bring myself to paying nearly $100 for a $10 toy.

#15 10 years ago

Appreciate it. You can add that flasher for the BW ramp super easy on a LE as well. Just need a 555 base socket holder, bolt, two washers, nut, some wire and a way to tap into the flasher wire.

Mount the socket to the existing hole in the ball through, attach the wires and tap into the flasher. All done. If you want to make one I can make better instructions and send them to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-mods-completed?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.