Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-511.jpg
FREEPLAYfinal.jpg
NEWRULESFINALblk.jpg
Star_Trek_USS_Enterprise_NCC1701_1_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1920-1600x1200.jpg
ST_4x6.jpg
enterprise_wall05_1920_4x6.jpg
Star_Trek_USS_Enterprise_NCC1701_1_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1920-1600x1200.jpg
enterprise_wall05_1920.jpg
1553252_10152116444719244_1901193538_o.jpg
metallica-pinball-back.jpg
METPREShotMap-Updated.jpg
1013786_10151681842969244_1453539902_n.jpg
image-565.jpg
image-357.jpg
image-808.jpg
LISRULES2.jpg
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Looking good, don't shoot at Will though. Will is a good dude

#52 10 years ago

I'm willing to pay $20 for laminated cards--paying would be highly illogical and the color Stern instruction card.

#53 10 years ago

How about this one??...

STLESimpleRules.jpgSTLESimpleRules.jpg

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Certainly, you can't go wrong with Photoshop, but it requires pretty good Kung Fu!

My printer is offline and my Kung Fu sucks. Could someone help this grasshopper snatch the pebble from the masters hand? I am hoping the hand may be resting on the two hot chicks for the scorecard. For now, I think I am going to remove that fugly yellow thing. I would rather look at the blank apron and dream a little dream.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Good effort... but umm. Wrong Enterprise.
And Why is Klingon Multiball a different icon.
Don't get me wrong; It's the Trekkie in my being a stickler for details.

Why is Klingon Multiball a different icon? Because if you look at the card it is that way. Ask Stern not sure yet
Wrong Enterprise! Not a big deal to me, I can live with it.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

I like this one, but it's not the correct size. The height is a bit too short. Should be 5.5" x 3". Also, if you make it 300 dpi (and not 72 dpi), folks can print it directly from the web or from paint and not need to resize it.

I didn't put the correct size up here I just re-sized it and web saved it for Pinside. I figured that Robin would appreciate me trying to let up on his server. If you want it PM me you e-mail and I'll send it.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Why is Klingon Multiball a different icon? Because if you look at the card it is that way. Ask Stern not sure yet
Wrong Enterprise! Not a big deal to me, I can live with it.

Perhaps it is different to emphasize the sheer joy and magic that is the Starfield Projector. A technological marvel, and modern day miracle that must be seen to be believed.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

How about this one??...

STLESimpleRules.jpg 146 KB

I'd pay $20 for this one, too!!!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'm willing to pay $20 for laminated cards--paying would be highly illogical and the color Stern instruction card.

They are really easy to print on normal printer. I use Wal-Mart HP Photo paper and they turn out really nice.

#60 10 years ago

I can never get them to size correctly.

#61 10 years ago

Here are the ones from Stern's Facebook page I resized to 3"x5.5" in a Pdf. file.
[attachment=1296469,null]

[attachment=1296469,]

edit, looks like I can no longer upload Pdf. or Word docs.

Post edited by blimpey : cannot upload that file type

#62 10 years ago

I had to use my fake facebook account to get these from Stern. What a hassle. Anyway, they look great..and there are actually two versions of the rule cards and free play cards so its worth it.

#63 10 years ago

I drop the cards into MS Publisher. At that point you can stack a bunch on one sheet and use the rulers to size them just right. I usually make them 1/8" in small so they don't have to bend much and also artwork near the corners is not lost.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This is my first attempt at making Custom Apron Cards. I posted photos on another thread, and had a request to upload the images. Here they are! I may take another crack at it to try to make the Rules a little more legible, now that I sort of know what I'm doing.

STLEFREE.jpg 61 KB

STLERULES.jpg 237 KB

Thanks I just printed these out and they look great. I appreciate your sharing. For anyone using mac I will gladly send an email of Pages file to print. I happy with how mine printed. I think I have the size down pretty good.

#65 10 years ago

They look awesome! Thanks again.

IMG_0979.JPGIMG_0979.JPG
#66 10 years ago

As you can see I liked leaving a little white border then I tape them on so they are flat. Looks better under the Invisiglass.

#67 10 years ago

Awesome

How do you guys print these on 4x6 photo paper in windows?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Awesome
How do you guys print these on 4x6 photo paper in windows?

From the photo viewer hit print then choose the paper size. Using an actual program like Publisher in Office is the best way though. Either way be sure to set the print settings to photo and the paper type to photo.

#69 10 years ago

In mac I simply drop the photos on a new page. I just always save it then when I need to do a different game I just drop the new pic over the old to make sure the size is correct. In case anyone wondered.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

They look awesome! Thanks again.

IMG_0979.JPG 314 KB

So glad you like them! Enjoy!

#71 10 years ago

All you ppl who know how to do this crap are lucky.

#72 10 years ago

in my game...laminated at UPS store = $3.06

143234-istartrek.jpg143234-istartrek.jpg
143235-istartrek2.jpg143235-istartrek2.jpg

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Oh, make sure you convert the file to CMYK as most images are RGB on the net. CMYK is need to get the colors correct before printing.

Normally you'd be right, but if you're using a home inkjet printer you're often better leaving it RGB and letting the print driver sort it out. It's not uncommon for home printers to have more than CMYK inks these days (extra colors to assist with photo printing mostly), so they work with a custom color space, and you're going to lose out on some saturation by converting yourself ahead of time.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I can never get them to size correctly.

What I've done when sharing my custom cards with Pinside is embedded them in a PDF with crop marks for cutting them out.

Like this for example (Scared Stiff): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/scared-stiff-cards.pdf

PDF is a much print friendlier medium, you can drop high rez images into and know that cross platform (Mac/Windows/Linux) the person printing them is going to get something dead on out of their printer.

It's dead easy to do on a Mac even if you don't have Illustrator or the like, really no matter what image software you use, since PDF is a native file format, but on Windows it's going to take some software, and I don't know the best method to recommend there. Maybe you can use an Acrobat driver to print to PDF?

#75 10 years ago

I have a Mac. Was there a PDF I missed?

#76 10 years ago

Pin lawyer
Send me your email

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

143234-istartrek.jpg 42 KB

143235-istartrek2.jpg 77 KB

These are nice! What is the best way to get these laminated? Do you just bring in a thumb drive?

#78 10 years ago

So many great cards! Guess I'll print them all out and rotate them once a month.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

These are nice! What is the best way to get these laminated? Do you just bring in a thumb drive?

yes, thumb drive to the store

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I have a Mac. Was there a PDF I missed?

No, someone would have to make them a PDF. Honestly the ones being posted in here aren't really high rez enough to print nicely anyways.

#81 10 years ago

How about something like this

stcustom-apron-right.jpgstcustom-apron-right.jpg
stcustom-apron-right2.jpgstcustom-apron-right2.jpg
stcustom-apron-right3.jpgstcustom-apron-right3.jpg

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

How about something like this

stcustom-apron-right.jpg 126 KB

stcustom-apron-right2.jpg 152 KB

stcustom-apron-right3.jpg 148 KB

Those look awesome! Just put the right enterprise on there and I think they'd look really nice in the apron.

#83 10 years ago

anything with lcars is not year relevant in the to the movie... lcars wasn't invented yet.. for next gen have at it!

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

anything with lcars is not year relevant in the to the movie... lcars wasn't invented yet.. for next gen have at it!

oops, I didn't know that. Well it looks cool for STTNG owners then.

2 weeks later
#85 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

stfreeLET-920.jpg 39 KB

Or the Redneck version with this image and the words 'PUNCH IT' !!

2 weeks later
#86 10 years ago

My first pass at a card, featuring the sexy zoe/uhura, fairly minimalist.
I also really like sillyoldelf's 'x-ray' enterprise graphic above.

Uhura-zoe-card.jpgUhura-zoe-card.jpg

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I got the score card done

Star-Trek_Ball-Card.jpg 116 KB

If you had the correct enterprise for this iteration of ST, this would be the best rules card I have seen so far. Nice picture placement (just needs to be the right enterprise) and the rules are easy to see/read. I mean, I like the original shit way better than the new ST, but you should be consistant with the game the cards are going to.

Still waiting on a nice Free Play one... no offense to people who already posted one.

#88 10 years ago

Great i will print a few of this and check what one i think fits best to LE.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Couldn't make them all one line, so moved the verbose one to the bottom. Not sure if it's an improvement or not?? Moving the ship over a tad made it more balanced to my eye.

STLERULES2MKIII.jpg 228 KB

This one is pretty good. Might be the winner...(I suppose theoretically with that extra space you gained on the top and bottom, the font could be a little larger and make it even easier to read?) We still need a good Free Play one, sans Chris Pine or cheesy Vulcan / Chick in Bra/Panties or Fire at will jokes.

162595-i-238.jpg162595-i-238.jpg

Maybe something using the picture below

I dont have access to Photoshop/Fireworks at the moment

1626770843_1369721710.jpg1626770843_1369721710.jpg

#90 10 years ago

Freeplay Uhura card with OTT lens flare -

Uhura-zoe-card - freeplay.jpgUhura-zoe-card - freeplay.jpg
#91 10 years ago

Great work so far guys, keep them coming. I agree with DarkWizard that some are close, but not quite there.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

This one is pretty good. Might be the winner...(I suppose theoretically with that extra space you gained on the top and bottom, the font could be a little larger and make it even easier to read?) We still need a good Free Play one, sans Chris Pine or cheesy Vulcan / Chick in Bra/Panties or Fire at will jokes.

I tried for larger, but when the font gets taller, it gets wider too. This was as large as I could get it, while still containing MOST of the rules on a single line each. Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try my hand at WOZ, TZ, LOTR, and STNNG when I get a chance.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

143234-istartrek.jpg 42 KB

143235-istartrek2.jpg 77 KB

wow those definitely look great

1 week later
#95 10 years ago

By Request!

X-Files4.jpgX-Files4.jpgX-Files3.jpgX-Files3.jpgX-Files2.jpgX-Files2.jpgX-Files.jpgX-Files.jpg

#96 10 years ago

If anyone could share the Stern Pro ST cards in right dimensions, that would be much appreciated!

2 weeks later
#97 10 years ago

For the LE using magnetic tape is great as it adheres to the metal apron and gets the cards totally flat

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For the LE using magnetic tape is great as it adheres to the metal apron and gets the cards totally flat

Good one and you could make them a little bigger so they don't fit into those slots.

1 week later
#99 10 years ago

By Request again...
LISRULES2.jpgLISRULES2.jpgLISRULES.jpgLISRULES.jpgLISFPV2.jpgLISFPV2.jpgLISFREEPLAY.jpgLISFREEPLAY.jpg

#100 10 years ago

You are the man....thanks again. Love the typeface!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stle-custom-apron-cards/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.