chest_burster_highres.jpg
druidia_highres.jpg
yogurt_highres.jpg
playfield_rear_highres.jpg
playfield_high_res.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
all_cab_art (resized).jpg
There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 10 years ago

So, I've decided I want my next project to be a custom Spaceballs themed pin.

It's a movie that my wife and I love, and seems to have lots of elements that will translate well to a pin.

However, I'd love the opportunity to approach this a little differently. Instead of running to my bat-cave, designing it in a vacuum and showing back up with a spit shined turd, I though I might make it more of an open design to really get some valuable feedback during the process.

So,first I'd love to get your thoughts on the style of the game. I lean toward the mode style game, because of the tie ins with specific scenes in the movie. "Comb the desert" mode comes to mind.

Some of the basic scenes I want to translate to gameplay are:

-radar jamming
-mega maid emerging
-mega maid going from suck to blow
-Schwartz is as big as mine
-ludicrous speed
-gotta be a mr coffee
-perriair
-the Winnebago in general

So, what do you all think?

#2 10 years ago

Have a "warp ramp", like in STTNG and ST, but instead of increasing warps, you increase colors.......so eventually, you get to Plaid. Getting the call out of "They've gone to PLAID!" alone would be worth the trouble.

#3 10 years ago

"Combing the desert" mode "We ain't found shit!"

#4 10 years ago

Or what about a mode called "Marketing Madness!!" where each shot is linked to an officially licensed SpaceBalls product?

-SpaceBalls the lunchbox!
-SpaceBalls the Cereal!
-SpaceBalls the Flame Thrower!
-etc...
Until you collect all the products

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Combing the desert" mode "We ain't found shit!"

It's a mode where only 1 target gives the jackpot but its not lit up. You have 15 seconds to find the target or the mode ends and you get the "we ain't found shit" line. lol

Game has so much potential

#6 10 years ago

How about lighting up false JP shots? Then when you shoot it, you get the "FOOLED YOU!!" call out.

#7 10 years ago

Make sure you somehow incorporate Major A**hole and Gunner's Mate First Class Philip A**hole.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

How about lighting up false JP shots? Then when you shoot it, you get the "FOOLED YOU!!" call out.

Haha, I love it.

#9 10 years ago

How about something with the transporter putting President Scroob together wrong. Maybe the pops? Every certain amount of pop hits switches the order of his body parts...getting x amount of his puts him together correctly & gives you a multiplier or points or lights something.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ajb1138:

Make sure you somehow incorporate Major A**hole and Gunner's Mate First Class Philip A**hole.

LOL how about those lines for high scores? Instead of Grand Champion it's Major Asshole ...how funny would that be to get the high score on the game and hear "I'm surrounded by assholes!"

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL how about those lines for high scores? Instead of Grand Champion it's Major Asshole ...how funny would that be to get the high score on the game and hear "I'm surrounded by assholes!"

Haha, Great idea!

#12 10 years ago

Pizza the Hut mode
Outer Space gas station ramp
Dink dink dink targets
Self destruct button
Milk bone award
You shot my hair!
Virgin alarm
Yogurt cave scoop

#13 10 years ago

..... If the game doesn't have an alien target with a top hat and cane that dances across the playfield a'la Drac attack/Mick on a stick, while singing "Hello my baby!..."...........I riot and flip the machine over.

#14 10 years ago

Just thinking about it makes me......well.....

images.jpegimages.jpeg
#15 10 years ago

must include something from Diner scene, just so it can have a van halen song in it

#16 10 years ago

love the idea.

may the schwartz be with you!

#17 10 years ago

You must have a timed "Dink Dink mode"

#18 10 years ago

Oh and it must have subways.. ya know, for beaming. But the flippers reverse, just like president skroob's head

#19 10 years ago

I guarantee your schwarz isn't as well at least official as my schwarz.

#20 10 years ago

"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

#21 10 years ago

Love the suggestions! Keep them coming.

I was thinking about a multiball lock out of mega maid. You lock balls in the vacuum bag, and when you trigger multiball it starts with "shes gone from suck to blow!" And all the balls come out of the bag. I'd love it to be a variable multiball where you can lock between 2-4 balls in the bag, and trigger the mode start at any time once you have at least 2 in there.

We're the spaceballllss! WATCH OUT!

#22 10 years ago

This is literally my favorite movie. I used to watch it the night before every wrestling match I had in high school as part of my weird superstitious behaviors.....Please keep this updated and if you want go ahead and just make two because I will gladly take the second one!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You must have a timed "Dink Dink mode"
» YouTube video

Dink dink mode would have to be all targets worth x amount of points and each target makes a different da dink dink sound. Like the MAMUSHKA

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

This is literally my favorite movie. I used to watch it the night before every wrestling match I had in high school as part of my weird superstitious behaviors.....Please keep this updated and if you want go ahead and just make two because I will gladly take the second one!

This is a killer theme for a pinball. So much material to feed off of.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

We love it too, it's such a great movie.

I'll definitely keep it updated, but don't expect super fast progress. I've never done a pin before, but have done a lot of design projects ranging from miniature timers to big liquor dispensing robots. Plus, I really want to get community input into the design and rules. That's going to take a lot of time to draw out of people and compile.

I made this original post when I was a little under the influence last night, so this morning I figured I better follow through and officially started a new project on my server. Good times.

I'm gonna start with the easy stuff like flipper geometry, slings, etc... since I can most likely copy those from a current machine.

#26 10 years ago

I think there should be "Barf Bonus" at the end of each ball, since he is his own best friend......and Asshole multi-ball since there are so many of them on the damn ship anyway.

#27 10 years ago

And don't forget to include a self-destruct mode with a cancellation button to complete it...could be similar to the eject or die mode on Goldeneye.....if you don't complete it in a certain amount of time machine machine dies and ball drains.

#29 10 years ago

Ball save or extra ball: "keep firing assholes"
Score is tracked not by points, but by spacebucks. Reach a million, pizza the hut gives u an extra life. (Extra ball ).
If u cradle the ball too long, prince Valium starts yawning

#30 10 years ago

Ha! This is genius. Here's hoping we see it at expo one of these years. Good luck on this fun and ambitious project!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#31 10 years ago

may the schwartz be with you should be the ball save.

#32 10 years ago

In for updates I'd love to see this made

#33 10 years ago

If you walk away from another game it could taunt you with; "What's the matter Colonel? Chicken?!"

#34 10 years ago

If you hit standup targets 1-2-3-4-5 in order, you get the stupidest combination bonus.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

If you hit standup targets 1-2-3-4-5 in order, you get the stupidest combination bonus.

Beat me to it. You have to include the code to the shield.

#36 10 years ago

I have suggested this before in past threads and I think it's a great idea.

#37 10 years ago

Can I cancel my MMR remake and get in on this? Heh. =P

#38 10 years ago

I would prefer the 'match' sequence to be "I've got the same combination on my luggage" callout when you match wrong.

Outlane drain callout: Fuck, even in the future nothing works.

Ludicrous speed multiball. callout when it start: "We can't stop, we have to slow down first"

#39 10 years ago

My wife just put this on, so I'm "doing research".

image.jpgimage.jpg
#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So, I've decided I want my next project to be a custom Spaceballs themed pin.
It's a movie that my wife and I love, and seems to have lots of elements that will translate well to a pin.
However, I'd love the opportunity to approach this a little differently. Instead of running to my bat-cave, designing it in a vacuum and showing back up with a spit shined turd, I though I might make it more of an open design to really get some valuable feedback during the process.
So,first I'd love to get your thoughts on the style of the game. I lean toward the mode style game, because of the tie ins with specific scenes in the movie. "Comb the desert" mode comes to mind.
Some of the basic scenes I want to translate to gameplay are:
-radar jamming
-mega maid emerging
-mega maid going from suck to blow
-Schwartz is as big as mine
-ludicrous speed
-gotta be a mr coffee
-perriair
-the Winnebago in general
So, what do you all think?

You would be my hero if you did this. I think I've seen Spaceballs at least 50 times. If WOZ adds easter eggs I hope they'll do the yoghurt statue scene.

Other possibilities:

- virgin alarm - could be done similar to Creature's KISS.
- Prince Valium weak flipper mode
- 1-2-3-4-5 combination
- "What? You went over my helmet?!"

Tilt audio clip: "F***! Even in the future nothing works!"

#41 10 years ago

Tilt callout: "why don't we take a 5 minute break?"

#42 10 years ago

Don't forget Pongo, and his review of Rocky 5.........thousand!

#43 10 years ago

Some callouts:

Why didn't somebody tell me my ass was so big?

Are you playing with your dolls again?

GET BACK HERE YOU FAT BEARDED BITCH!

What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Keep firing, Assholes!

#44 10 years ago

As one of my favorite all time movies, this is a great idea. I was so disappointed when they cancelled Spaceballs 3 the search for Spaceballs 2.

#45 10 years ago

Don't you people read up on the latest technology? Get me spaceballs the pinball
"What do you mean spaceballs the pinball? We're still in the middle of designing it"
"Instant pinball, the latest breakthrough in pinball design. it's out before the whitewood is even laid out"
"What the hell am I looking at? When does the wizard mode happen in the code?"
Now, we're at now now

The real question is, will it use segment display, LCD, or... dot matrix?
DotMatrixJoahRivers[1].jpgDotMatrixJoahRivers[1].jpg

1526_2[1].jpg1526_2[1].jpg

#46 10 years ago

I'm not gonna lie, I would buy this in a heart beat. One of my FAVORITE MOVIES of ALL TIME.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The real question is, will it use segment display, LCD, or... dot matrix?

I dunno, what do you think?

I am gonna rule out segment. I think LCD would actually be easier for me than DMD. I can code like hell but a dot artist I am not.

#48 10 years ago

This is a way better idea than the big lebowski. There. I said it.

#50 10 years ago

Major Ahole. They are all Aholes sir from a long line of Aholes.

There are 870 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spaceballs-the-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.