6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by illpoet
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 154 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    20190713_195516 (resized).jpg
    Why+didnt+anyone+tell+me+my+ass+was+so+big+_a86a6dc8b0f97047ca0f0f7280c21da3 (resized).jpg
    20190615_163206 (resized).jpg
    20190615_163152 (resized).jpg
    20190612_133542 (resized).jpg
    playfieldlayout (resized).jpg
    all_cab_art (resized).jpg
    newplayfieldcomparison (resized).jpg
    partseverywhere (resized).jpg
    fullplayfield_small (resized).jpg
    SkroobAnnotated (resized).jpg
    SB (resized).jpg

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
    #51 6 years ago

Merchandising mode
    Hit different shots build the jackpot
    Space balls the Vidio game, space balls the lunch box ....ect
    And the last one (jackpot payoff after gathering as much merch as you can in an allotted time) would be ether the yogurt doll or space balls the pinball machine.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

This is a way better idea than the big lebowski. There. I said it.

Man I hate to say it cause I love the idea of TBL but your right.
    If they do make TBL and its a big success, why wouldn't they keep the ball rolling and look at an idea like this.
    The reality is if you want this to be made, hope they do TBL and it breaks all records.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Merchandising mode
    Hit different shots build the jackpot
    Space balls the Vidio game, space balls the lunch box ....ect
    And the last one (jackpot payoff after gathering as much merch as you can in an allotted time) would be ether the yogurt doll or space balls the pinball machine.

Quoted from Rcade:

Or what about a mode called "Marketing Madness!!" where each shot is linked to an officially licensed SpaceBalls product?
    -SpaceBalls the lunchbox!
    -SpaceBalls the Cereal!
    -SpaceBalls the Flame Thrower!
    -etc...
    Until you collect all the products

Lol, I like the way we think :p

#54 6 years ago

Wolfmarsh; you should edit your first post to include all the new ideas as they come along, it will be a good way to keep everything together, and make sure things don't get lost in the thread. Divide it into call outs, modes, targets, toys, playfield ideas ect

I like the prince vaspian lazy flipper mode, that could be fun.
    Combing the desert needs a "we ain't found shit" for sure.

Theirs so many great ideas already

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

The Gov approves.

I didn't get a harrumph from that guy. Sorry wrong movie

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I didn't get a harrumph from that guy. Sorry wrong movie

....someone's gonna have'ta go back and get a shitload a' dimes!!

#57 6 years ago

Count me as another subscriber to this thread! So many laughs in here already.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wolfmarsh; you should edit your first post to include all the new ideas as they come along, it will be a good way to keep everything together, and make sure things don't get lost in the thread. Divide it into call outs, modes, targets, toys, playfield ideas ect
    I like the prince vaspian lazy flipper mode, that could be fun.
    Combing the desert needs a "we ain't found shit" for sure.
    Theirs so many great ideas already

I'll be posting project updates as we go along, including compilations of ideas, etc... I'll probably make new posts about it versus updating the main post. I'd like this to be a journal of how things progress. I do like the concept behind your idea of making the latest status easy to find, so as I post status reports I'll update the main post to have a link directly to the status update posts I make. Thanks for the suggestion!

It's already a lot of fun just hearing everyones great ideas, so I'm excited to keep it going. I started banging out control electronics last night. Think I'm going to use the Raspberry Pi as my LCD/Sound controller, but not as the main CPU for the game.

#59 6 years ago

The reason they did the merchandising scene in the film was due to an agreement Mel Brooks had with George Lucas that he could poke fun at Star Wars and even use some of its footage (escape pod scene springs to mind) on the promise that there would be no Spaceballs merchandise on sale after the films release. Mel decided to have a giggle at the request and made the scene we all know, happen. He did keep his word though, and did not allow the release of any official Spaceballs merchandise.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

someone's gonna have'ta go back and get a shitload a' dimes!!

You should have a few modes or easter eggs paying homage to a few of his other films . . .

Silent Movie -- a mode with no sound or music.

Blazing Saddles -- a 'Waco kid quick draw' hurry up mode or a mode based on the 'farting scene' (pop bumpers)

Young Frankenstein -- "It's Alive"

#61 6 years ago

When you drain it should say "I Told you we should have put more than 5 bucks worth in"

When you destroy megamaid and the spaceballs land it should say "Oh shit, there goes the planet".

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Silent Movie -- a mode with no sound or music.

.......except for one voice callout by Marcel Marcaeu.......

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

....someone's gonna have'ta go back and get a shitload a' dimes!!

I just pissed myself

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

When you destroy megamaid

How about " your game went from suck to blow"

#65 6 years ago

This would make such a good pinball.....modes and callouts are endless. This really should be made, and here's my outlandish idea to throw in. Ludicrous multiball, Hit shots to build speed of space ball mothership until LUDICROUS speed is reached, then have the ball fly around the playfield like NASCAR, as the ball flies around another ejects and you have to hit slowdown and stop targets......Oh the callouts would be amazing.....end rant

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Man I hate to say it cause I love the idea of TBL but your right.
    If they do make TBL and its a big success, why wouldn't they keep the ball rolling and look at an idea like this.
    The reality is if you want this to be made, hope they do TBL and it breaks all records.

Man I was so psyched for TBL but this has the potential to be funnier by far.

#67 6 years ago

This kills big lebowski would buy this in a second even at a inflated price

"Keep firing a$$holes"

#68 6 years ago

Obviously in Radar mode you have to collect the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps.

On drain "Whats the matter Colonel Sandurz... Chicken?"

I would say the/a wizard mode would be Ludacrous Speed - the machine goes nuts while the callout is "Prepare ship for ludicrous speed! Fasten all seatbelts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall, cancel the three ring circus, secure all animals in the zoo... sir hadn't you better buckle up?" "Aww buckle this! Ludacrous Speed... GO!"

#69 6 years ago

Compiling all of these ideas, I think we need a "perspective" for the gameplay.

What do you guys think is the proper way to approach getting the player engaged in the game?

Are you playing as Lone Star trying to defend Druidia and take down the Spaceballs?

Are playing as the Spaceballs, trying to get into Druidia?

Are you playing as a third party just trying to activate modes and fun things from the movie?

#70 6 years ago

Are you playing as Lone Star trying to defend Druidia and take down the Spaceballs?

Can we do both? At the start of the game, left flipper selects "play as Lone Star", right flipper selects "play as spaceballs." Would definitely allow for a nice deep rule sheet, almost two different games with different goals and modes.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What do you guys think is the proper way to approach getting the player engaged in the game?
    Are you playing as a third party just trying to activate modes and fun things from the movie?

you're playing as Mel Brooks trying to make as much money as possible!

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from WileECoyote:

Can we do both? At the start of the game, left flipper selects "play as Lone Star", right flipper selects "play as spaceballs." Would definitely allow for a nice deep rule sheet, almost two different games with different goals and modes.

Colour changing LEDs. The whole game would change colour if you pick lone star or Spaceballs.

I like the idea of playing through the movie. No matter what side you choose you must complete goals in order of the movie. Have different objectives for each mode (good/evil).

#75 6 years ago

Ok now I have to watch spaceballs tonight

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just don't start it with a 10-minute long dmd animation of the ship flying by...

#77 6 years ago

hah I actually designed a spaceballs pin a couple months ago, was debating between that and another theme... it's tempting since there is so much material in some of these great old movies

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

hah I actually designed a spaceballs pin a couple months ago, was debating between that and another theme... it's tempting since there is so much material in some of these great old movies

Is it something you are going to build/have built? If not, would you be willing to share some of your designs in this thread to get some collaboration going?

I'd love for this machine to be a "community designed" machine. I will do the heavy lifting hardware/software wise, but am always amazed at how many good design suggestions I see come from threads on pinside, so I want to start that dialog at the start of the build, rather than after the first prototype is built.

I plan to release everything under one of the Creative Commons licenses, so anyone interested could follow these plans to build their own.

#79 6 years ago

Absolutely love this theme and all the ideas that are being tossed around. I don't have anything really to contribute, but I'm sitting here thinking this would have been an awesome theme for the Pin2K platform.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grauwulf:

Absolutely love this theme and all the ideas that are being tossed around. I don't have anything really to contribute, but I'm sitting here thinking this would have been an awesome theme for the Pin2K platform.

Wow....that would be insanely cool!!

1 week later
    #81 6 years ago

Ok, here is an update with all of the ideas loosely compiled. Some of the quotes may not be exactly right, but since I'll just be using the ones from the actual movie, its not important.

Keep the ideas coming, I've got some hardware on the way to go ahead and set up a development rig for this thing. I'll post some pics once I have something to show.

Specific movie concepts:

Ludicrous speed/They've gone plaid
    Combing the desert - We ain't found shit!
    All of the assholes
    President scroob's reversed ass from the transporter
    Self destruct
    Virgin alarm
    Pizza the hut
    Chest alien
    Dink Dink
    Mega Maid
    You went over my helmet?!
    Fuck! Even in the future nothing works!
    Radar - Bleeps, Creeps, Sweeps

Gameplay Ideas:

Build warp speeds up to ludicrous speed
    Mega Maid multiball - She's gone from suck to blow!
    Marketing madness where specific actions earn a piece of spaceballs merch
    Lighting up false jackpot shots with a "FOOLED YOU" callout
    Grand Champion is possibly renamed to Major Asshole, the other levels could be Gunners First Mate, etc...
    Ball Save - Keep Firing assholes or May the schwartz be with you.
    Cradle the ball too long, prince Valium yawns
    1-2-3-4-5 targets for luggage combination
    Match sequence could be luggage combination
    Tilt callout: Why dont we take a 5 minute break, smoke if you got'em!
    Callout: Why didnt somebody tell me my ass was so big
    Callout: Are you playing with your dolls again
    Callout: Get back here you fat bearded bitch!
    Callout: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
    Callout: Oh shit, there goes the planet
    Callout: I Told you we should have put more than 5 bucks worth in
    Attract Mode: long ship flyby with dramatic opening music
    Attract Mode: Spaceballs: The Pin logo with "We're the spaceballs" theme music.

General Hardware ideas:

LCD
    Standard Body

#82 6 years ago

Mel Brookes is my hero.

That is all I wanted to add.

#83 6 years ago

the start of the wizard mode needs to be this:

col sanders: fasten all seat belts! seal all entrances and exits! close all shops in the mall! cancel the three ring circus! secure all animals in the zoo-
    dark helmet: gimme that you petty excuse for an officer! now hear this: ludicrous speed!-
    col sanders: sir, hadn't you better buckle up?
    dark helmet: aww, buckle THIS. LUDICROUS SPEED. GO!
    *FWOOM*

and then during the mode random callouts of "AHHHHH" and "WHAT HAVE I DONNNNE" and "MY BRAINS ARE GOING INTO MY FEEEEEEET"

#84 6 years ago

Every time you lose/end a multiball

"Say goodbye to your 2 best friends, and I don't mean the ones in the Winnebago!"

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

the start of the wizard mode needs to be this:
    col sanders: fasten all seat belts! seal all entrances and exits! close all shops in the mall! cancel the three ring circus! secure all animals in the zoo-
    dark helmet: gimme that you petty excuse for an officer! now hear this: ludicrous speed!-
    col sanders: sir, hadn't you better buckle up?
    dark helmet: aww, buckle THIS. LUDICROUS SPEED. GO!
    *FWOOM*
    and then during the mode random callouts of "AHHHHH" and "WHAT HAVE I DONNNNE" and "MY BRAINS ARE GOING INTO MY FEEEEEEET"

This sounds like a warp multiball with jackpot calls to me.

#86 6 years ago

After seeing the STLE starfield projector, I think this pin needs a proper room/floor projecting starfield. Maybe tied into the warp mode, even projecting plaid somehow.

#87 6 years ago

How 'bout a firefly for a blue star field projected everywhere

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/household/lighting/firefly-blue-laser-lamp.asp

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

The reason they did the merchandising scene in the film was due to an agreement Mel Brooks had with George Lucas that he could poke fun at Star Wars and even use some of its footage (Escape pod scene springs to mind) on the promise that there would be no Spaceballs merchandise on sale after the films release. Mel decided to have a giggle at the request and made the scene we all know, happen. He did keep his word though, and did not allow the release of any official Spaceballs merchandise.

If this is true it probably means this pin will never happen on any scale.

#89 5 years ago

You have all the key ideas....except don't miss what maybe the best quote of the Movie, "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine." Maybe light saber/ring battle mode. Maybe the callout once start button is pushed....or wizard mode?

PS.....what about Barf !! He has to be in the game and have a mode or shot

#90 5 years ago

what kind of layout? fan, three flipper or trudeau style crazy? flow, stop and go or something in between?

#91 5 years ago

Just watched SB last night because of this thread. Callout potential : "say goodbye to your two best friends, and I don't mean your pals in the Winnebago"-- perhaps at the beginning of a 2ball multiball?

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

what kind of layout? fan, three flipper or trudeau style crazy? flow, stop and go or something in between?

I think specifically because of warp speed the game will need something with a lot of flow, how can you get to plaid without flow?

Pop pumpers should have sound effects of the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps when they are being struck.

#93 5 years ago

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

To this day, every time I see yogurt at the grocery store, I say, "Yogurt! I hate yogurt! Even with strawberries." And I love yogurt.

#94 5 years ago

I just saw a can of Perrier... All I could think about was cracking it open and snorting some fresh air.

Their must be at least a "hurry up" target that's a can of perri-air. Get some more time for that mode by having some fresh air.

#95 5 years ago

How many a-holes do we have on these ship anyhow? (yo!!!!) I knew it, I'm completely surrounded by a-holes! (helmet closes). Keep firing a-holes!!!

#96 5 years ago

If you need Michael Winslow for call outs, he's probably available for a reasonable price...he tours locally for extra cash. =)

Have a video mode "The Pinball sir, it appears to be...Jammed!" =)

-Dan

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

must include something from Diner scene, just so it can have a van halen song in it
    » YouTube video

At quick glance, that thumbnail for that video is very disturbing.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from dagamedoc:

"The Pinball sir, it appears to be...Jammed!" =)
    -Dan

That's a ball search call out if I've ever heard one!

#99 5 years ago

Just thought of a nice match animation. Use the scene where yogurt is reading lonestar's necklace --
    "mck hck hgh hck....."
    "You can read it!"
    "No, I was just clearing my throat"

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from dagamedoc:

If you need Michael Winslow for call outs, he's probably available for a reasonable price...he tours locally for extra cash. =)
    Have a video mode "The Pinball sir, it appears to be...Jammed!" =)
    -Dan

Better than video mode would be a regular "save princess Vespa mode" when the mode starts you get the callout, then a "jam" drips down the DMD"..."raspberry!" Then you shoot a bunch of shots to save the princess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside