(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7631 (resized).jpg
IMG_7630 (resized).jpg
IMG_7629 (resized).jpg
IMG_7627 (resized).jpg
IMG_7628 (resized).jpg
IMG_7626 (resized).jpg
IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
IMG_7624 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).jpg
IMG_7623 (resized).jpg
IMG_7622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago

Picked one up today and joined the club. Always liked the game and glad to finally own it. A few broken plastics, they seem impossible to find. A little wear on the edge of associate insert, assume a decal is also unobtanium. Had to put it on family mode, f word just too prominent lol.

1 week later
#56 8 years ago

I've only used blades from cointakers and am very happy with them.

3 weeks later
#60 8 years ago

Game is pretty reliable overall. Pops area takes a beating. Fish plastic tends to break since ball eject hits hit. Plastics overall are not easy to find so factor that in if any are broken. Make sure dancers turn. Check trough boards are working. Put it in switch test mode, nothing should be checked except the four balls. Great game, like mine a lot. That's about it really. Fairly simple game.

2 weeks later
#63 8 years ago

Very fun game, plastics are hard to find. It's not a hard game by any means, I've beaten Boss on factory settings twice in the past two months I've had it, but there is something about it that makes it a lot of fun and makes me not want to sell it.

#66 8 years ago

20160213_165438_(resized).jpg20160213_165438_(resized).jpg

#70 8 years ago

Yes, anyone who wants them, please pm me. I made them, no charge, happy to give them away. I'd post them here if I could. They are in a word file, just print them on glossy photo paper.

#74 8 years ago

I can confirm that those switches on my game have diodes. You probably just need to add them as switches don't always come with them.

#76 8 years ago

I've received a lot of requests for my apron cards and rather than keep sending them via email, figure I'll just post them here. If anyone has any trouble viewing them, please let me know. I think you can change them in terms of text font and color if you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xca8tvw5tuaoc2p/apron%20cards.docx?dl=0

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Sneek peak of my sopranos installed some leds and a lot of cleaning waiting on a bunch of stuff stay tuned
Im in love with a stripper
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Your game looks nice...side mirrors would really make it pop, thinking about getting them for mine.

Rob
www.Lermods.com

#87 8 years ago

looks very nice! Is your backbox light out?

3 months later
#121 7 years ago

Id be interested in the lower right sling plastic if you want to sell a piece from your set. Its the onlybplastic i need.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

thats the one thats trashed on my game too

Yeah, it's trashed on most games, same with the fish kickout. You'd think someone would repro them.

3 months later
#141 7 years ago

The custom cards are mine, sorry I need to update the link. If you want a set, pm me and I'll send you the file directly. Include your email address.

3 months later
#174 7 years ago

I don't think stern uses coil sleeves for shooter rods. The assembly is on page 82, no sleeve mentioned except for the autoplunge coil.

#176 7 years ago

i am not sure there is anything there, it's just the metal sleeve. I would just clean it with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and be done with it. Definitely no sleeves on modern stern games, none of mine have it.

2 months later
#219 6 years ago

You likely have a bad opto receiver and/or transmitter board. It's a very common failure point on games of this era. You can test the optos in switch test mode. Slide playfield out, put game in test mode and slide a piece of paper to break the beam of both the lower and upper optos on the board in the bottom of the trough where the ball kicks out I bet one of them doesn't work, or works only intermittently. It is a cheap part, Marco has them.

11 months later
#447 6 years ago

Display and cpu only, no sound. If you have a colordmd, you don’t need the display.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Not sure about Color DMD not needing the display rom. I think it still uses it. Just put one in past weekend and the display board gets mounted to the back of the Color DMD with cables going to and from it.
Hopefully below is a link to the Color DMD hardware installation instructions for Whitestar on the Color DMD website.
https://www.colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20Stern%20WS%20CHROMA%20Rev1.PDF
I just ordered complete set because the profanity is not acting correctly no matter what the menu setting is set to. Which seems like reading through the rom updates looks like it involves the sound roms.

I could be wrong, but I thought colordmd basically takes the latest display rom and colors it so that's what you are loading via the usb stick. Not sure on this, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.