(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7631 (resized).jpg
IMG_7630 (resized).jpg
IMG_7629 (resized).jpg
IMG_7627 (resized).jpg
IMG_7628 (resized).jpg
IMG_7626 (resized).jpg
IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
IMG_7624 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).jpg
IMG_7623 (resized).jpg
IMG_7622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 6 years ago

Where's the $*#$@! money?

Not in my pocket anymore, that's for sure, because I just bought a Sopranos!

Routed game with the usual Sopranos issues (busted plastics, safe wiring issues, etc), but those should fix up nicely. Like the above comment said, this era of playfield must be more solid than the recent ones, because there's virtually no wear I can see on the playfield area itself, even in the hard to reach areas like the orbits. This game has been routed to hell, so it's impressive to me that it's as solid as it is. Just some minor wear at common places like the kickout/shooter lane and center trough drain.

I'm looking forward to cleaning this one up and making it look nicer again. LEDs and LED OCD board in-hand, new legs and side rails ready to go, new flipper bats, new safe decals, replacement plastics are in the mail as well. Wish I could swing a Color DMD. I have seen it on this game and it looks nice!

1 week later
#230 6 years ago

Nice. Thanks for the reminder, I am going to turn Competition Mode off. I turned it on the other day, but completely forgot it nixes the Big Points shouting mode. That's one of the best parts of the game!

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Yeah for when its not used in competition I guess its no real point having competition mode on.
But would be cool if Big f**** points mode would come at a predictable time even in competition mode, for example for every 10 pork store award.

I agree.

1 week later
#237 6 years ago

Earlier in the thread I saw someone mention PinBits slingshot plastic protectors. Does anyone know if these are still available anywhere? I can't seem to find anything on the PinBits website. I ordered a repro replacement plastic set and one of the replacement sling plastics has already snapped. I'd really love to get these things protected, as replacements are few and far between (and not cheap at that).

Not really related, I did want to mention that I picked up the PinBits red DMD cover. It makes the DMD look blood red, and it feels like a really good fit for the game. Good, simple mod and I'm glad I did it on my game.

18673144_1343486425687690_8977150738783413877_o (resized).jpg18673144_1343486425687690_8977150738783413877_o (resized).jpg

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I just Google searched "sopranos plastic protector set" and first site was pinbits. Here's the link.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=487

Thanks for that, I'll place an order and see what happens. If I search for "Sopranos" on their website, nothing comes up. If I search through the plastic protector section manually, it still doesn't show. Weird.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Red dmd filter looks great -- but man the colordmd on this is worth the $$. Running the smoother on mine

Oh, totally. If I had the cash, I would definitely spring for a Color DMD.

2 weeks later
#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I just Google searched "sopranos plastic protector set" and first site was pinbits. Here's the link.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=487

Just a FYI, I got my protectors. Anyone that needs them for Sopranos, be sure to use that link.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any protectors for the safe plastic?

None that I can see. A different seller has another clear plastic set, one with the Safe plastic that sits above the safe. Nothing for the actual plastic that covers the safe switches though. Link: ebay.com link: Clear Plastic Set for STERN Sopranos Pinball Machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money?tu=akm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.